|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Teach want to answer Don's question about alternative ways to get into the house?
(a) He has something stuck in his throat.
(b) He'll decide when he gets there.
(c) He's keeping it secret.
(d) He wants to suprise Don.
2. What does Don give Teach when he asks to be quizzed?
(a) The book about coins.
(b) A business card for a coin dealer.
(c) A paper about pennies.
3. When Don and Bob are talking about advance money in Act I, what does Teach ask to see at the shop?
(d) Cuff links.
4. Where is the house located that Don plans to rob?
(a) Around the corner from Don's shop.
(b) On Spring Street.
(c) A town nearby.
(d) On Primrose Place.
5. What does Don mean when he tells Bob to forget about the break in?
(a) It's a test of Bob's memory.
(b) That Bob can't remember it.
(c) That he doesn't want Bob to do the job.
(d) That Bob wants to forget.
6. What time of day is it in the first scene of the play?
(a) Late afternoon.
7. How much money did Fletcher win at cards, according to Don?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Four hundred dollars.
(c) Sixty dollars.
(d) Ninety dollars.
8. What does Teach ask Don if he wants to play before leaving the shop?
(a) Go Fish.
9. What does Don suggest Bob should take at breakfast time?
(c) More coffee.
(d) Something for his headache.
10. What is Teach's real name?
11. How much does Don think the coin collector would have paid for the buffalo nickel if he had negotiated harder?
(a) Four dollars more.
(b) Six times more.
(c) Five times as much as he paid Don.
(d) Less than what he paid.
12. Why does Teach mention a broken toaster when he talks about the break in?
(a) He likes toast.
(b) He thinks Bob might steal the wrong things.
(c) As an example of what he might steal.
(d) He needs one.
13. What does Teach take off Grace's breakfast plate?
(c) A piece of toast.
14. How much is the 1929 penny worth?
(a) Sixty dollars.
(b) Seventy-five cents.
(c) Twenty cents.
(d) Two dollars.
15. What does Teach say about Ruthie's card-playing skills?
(a) She plays well.
(b) She's too good for him.
(c) She is not a good card player.
(d) She is better than him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, action counts," in Act I?
2. What is the last word Don says in Act I after Teach leaves?
3. What is the one thing Teach wants to make clear to Don before he leaves the shop in the morning?
4. Who is Don speaking with at the beginning of Act I?
5. How does Don reply when Teach asks him if he's going to "get" the man who bought his nickel?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)