|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the house located that Don plans to rob?
(a) A town nearby.
(b) On Primrose Place.
(c) On Spring Street.
(d) Around the corner from Don's shop.
2. What is Don's first guess about the value of the 1929 penny that Teach quizzes him on?
(a) Two cents.
(b) One dollar.
(d) Thirty-six dollars.
3. Who says, action counts," in Act I?
4. What does Teach ask Don if he wants to play before leaving the shop?
(c) Go Fish.
5. What room does Teach believe the coin collector will hide his coins in?
(a) Dining room.
6. What role does Teach say Don should play in the break in?
(a) To hold the flashlight.
(b) Drive the get-away car.
(c) To mind the fort.
(d) Main point person.
7. Who does Don call on the phone in Act I?
(a) The police.
(b) A collector.
(c) His mother.
(d) An insurance agent.
8. Why does Teach think Ruthie won at cards?
(a) She's practiced a lot.
(b) She learned from her dad.
(c) Grace helped her by looking at the other players' cards.
(d) She's very skilled.
9. In Act I, what two things does Teach tell Don should be kept separated?
(a) Eating and drinking.
(b) Love and courtship.
(c) Friendship and money.
(d) Shopping and dating.
10. How does Teach describe the division of labor between him, Don, and Fletcher?
(a) Teach is better than the others.
(b) Equal partners.
(c) Security. Muscle. Intelligence.
(d) Don is stronger than the others.
11. Who says, "people are loose, people pay the price"?
12. How much does Don think the coin collector would have paid for the buffalo nickel if he had negotiated harder?
(a) Less than what he paid.
(b) Four dollars more.
(c) Six times more.
(d) Five times as much as he paid Don.
13. When Bob returns from the diner, what does he buy for his breakfast?
(a) A piece of pie and a Pepsi.
(b) Orange juice.
(c) Toast and eggs.
(d) Gourmet muffin.
14. Why doesn't Teach want to answer Don's question about alternative ways to get into the house?
(a) He wants to suprise Don.
(b) He has something stuck in his throat.
(c) He'll decide when he gets there.
(d) He's keeping it secret.
15. How much does Don sell a buffalo nickel for?
(a) Sixty dollars.
(b) Nineteen dollars.
(c) Ninety dollars.
(d) Thirty-five dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don get angry about the customer who said to call him if he finds other items of interest?
2. What does Bob say about Ruthie when he first mentions her?
3. What is the last word Don says in Act I after Teach leaves?
4. What does Teach say about Ruthie's card-playing skills?
5. Who is Don speaking with at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)