|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don reply when Teach asks him if he's going to "get" the man who bought his nickel?
(a) "I'm not into that."
(b) "No, thanks."
(c) "Why would I want to?"
(d) "You know I am."
2. When Don first calls Fletcher, what response does he get?
(a) He says no, he won't do it.
(b) The phone is busy.
(c) The phone just rings and rings.
(d) The answering machine picks up.
3. Who says, action counts," in Act I?
4. Which character speaks first in Act I?
5. Who has Don asked to break into the home of the man who bought the buffalo nickel?
6. Who says, "you trying to kill yourself?" at the end of Act I?
7. When Bob gets his money from Don and leaves the shop in Act I, who says, "it's best for everybody"?
8. How much does Don think the coin collector would have paid for the buffalo nickel if he had negotiated harder?
(a) Six times more.
(b) Five times as much as he paid Don.
(c) Less than what he paid.
(d) Four dollars more.
9. What does Don give Teach when he asks to be quizzed?
(a) A paper about pennies.
(b) The book about coins.
(c) A business card for a coin dealer.
10. How much money did Fletcher win at cards, according to Don?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Ninety dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) Sixty dollars.
11. How much does Don tell Teach he sells his collectibles for?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Sixteen cents.
(c) Twenty dollars each.
(d) Fifteen dollars each.
12. Where does Teach live?
(a) His house.
(b) Outside in the hammock.
(c) In his car.
(d) The hotel.
13. Why does Teach need a nap?
(a) He's tired from garden work.
(b) He walked too far with his dog.
(c) He hasn't slept since before the poker game the night before.
(d) He jogged too much.
14. Why does Teach think Bob can't handle the break in by himself?
(a) He's too noisy.
(b) He's can't hear.
(c) He likes to work with others.
(d) It's beyond his ability.
15. Who tells Don, "you got to trusts your instincts, right or wrong"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don mean when he tells Bob to forget about the break in?
2. What does Don want back from the coin collector when they break into his home?
3. What is Don's first guess about the value of the 1929 penny that Teach quizzes him on?
4. What is Teach's real name?
5. When the coin collector visited Don's shop, he was:
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)