|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, action counts," in Act I?
2. Why does Teach think Ruthie won at cards?
(a) She learned from her dad.
(b) Grace helped her by looking at the other players' cards.
(c) She's practiced a lot.
(d) She's very skilled.
3. What role does Teach want to play in the break in?
(a) To stay outside and watch for police.
(b) He wants no role.
(c) To be Don's helper.
(d) The one who goes in and steals the coins.
4. What is the one thing Teach wants to make clear to Don before he leaves the shop in the morning?
(a) That he had a good time.
(b) To save some food for him.
(c) That he's not mad at him.
(d) He'll be back in a week.
5. What did Grace say when Teach takes food from her plate?
(a) "Don't eat that!"
(b) "Help yourself."
(c) "That's not polite!"
(d) "That's mine."
6. How much money did Fletcher win at cards, according to Don?
(a) Four hundred dollars.
(b) Sixty dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Ninety dollars.
7. Who is Don?
(a) Owner of a junk shop.
(b) Pig farmer.
(c) Cafe owner.
8. Don says the coin collector will put the coins in his:
(b) Desk drawer.
(c) Kitchen drawer.
(d) Pants pockets.
9. Why does Teach think they should steal other items besides the coins?
(a) To help pay Bob's college bills.
(b) To give to their mothers.
(c) For their troubles.
(d) To donate to charities.
10. In reference to the coin book, who says, "this is what I'm saying ... you got to know what you're talking about"?
11. Where are Grace and Ruthie having breakfast in Act I?
(a) The Riverside.
(b) Cafe Croissant.
(c) Dining Extravaganza.
(d) The Butter N Muffin.
12. Who suggests Fletcher should be brought in to help with the break in?
13. What does Bob say Fletcher stole from Ruthie?
(a) Family heirlooms.
(b) A car.
(c) A musical instrument.
(d) Pig iron.
14. What does Teach ask Bob about after he returns from the diner with Don's coffee?
(a) If he wants to work with him.
(b) If it's going to rain.
(c) If he's his friend.
(d) If he had enough money.
15. What does Teach ask Don if he wants to play before leaving the shop?
(a) Go Fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don mean when he tells Bob to forget about the break in?
2. What time is Teach supposed to arrive back at Don's shop that night?
3. How does Teach describe the division of labor between him, Don, and Fletcher?
4. Who believes Fletcher will bring depth to the team on the break in?
5. In Act I, how does Don define what business is?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)