|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Teach think they should steal other items besides the coins?
(a) To help pay Bob's college bills.
(b) For their troubles.
(c) To give to their mothers.
(d) To donate to charities.
2. What is Teach's real name?
3. What is Teach's philosophy about running a business?
(a) If you want it done right, you have to be there.
(b) Have a dependable staff.
(c) Take as many vacations as possible.
(d) It's best to give your work to others to do.
4. How does Don reply when Teach asks him if he's going to "get" the man who bought his nickel?
(a) "Why would I want to?"
(b) "I'm not into that."
(c) "No, thanks."
(d) "You know I am."
5. Why does Teach finally agree to have Fletcher help with the break in?
(a) He likes to work with Fletcher.
(b) He thinks he's a great worker.
(c) Safety in numbers.
(d) He's his friend.
6. How much money does Don say he'll pay Bob for spotting the coin collector they plan to steal from?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Nine dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Twelve dollars.
7. What is a dead-pig leg spreader?
(a) A book title.
(b) A song title.
(c) A hunting game.
(d) Keeps the legs apart while the blood runs out.
8. In Act I, what two things does Teach tell Don should be kept separated?
(a) Shopping and dating.
(b) Love and courtship.
(c) Friendship and money.
(d) Eating and drinking.
9. Why does Teach tell Don that he needs to go first class with the break in?
(a) To take the time to finesse the plan.
(b) Teach wants him to buy the best.
(c) Teach likes things loose.
(d) Don's better than him in business.
10. In Act I, how does Don define what business is?
(a) Commitment to a company.
(b) A college degree.
(c) Common sense, experience, and talent.
(d) Hard work.
11. Who told Teach he doesn't know what the date was on the buffalo nickel that he sold?
12. Why does Teach need a nap?
(a) He hasn't slept since before the poker game the night before.
(b) He jogged too much.
(c) He walked too far with his dog.
(d) He's tired from garden work.
13. How much does Don tell Teach he sells his collectibles for?
(a) Fifteen dollars each.
(b) Sixteen cents.
(c) Twenty dollars each.
(d) One dollar.
14. What does Teach call the coin collector at the end of Act I?
(a) Good businessman.
(c) A fruit.
(d) Respected man.
15. What is the last word Don says in Act I after Teach leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character speaks first in Act I?
2. What time is Teach supposed to arrive back at Don's shop that night?
3. When the coin collector visited Don's shop, he was:
4. What is the setting of Act I?
5. Where is the house located that Don plans to rob?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)