|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, who says, "I'm sorry. I thought we were done talking"?
2. What does Teach say about Ruthie's card-playing skills?
(a) She's too good for him.
(b) She is better than him.
(c) She is not a good card player.
(d) She plays well.
3. Why does Teach think they should steal other items besides the coins?
(a) To give to their mothers.
(b) To donate to charities.
(c) To help pay Bob's college bills.
(d) For their troubles.
4. Why does Teach finally agree to have Fletcher help with the break in?
(a) He thinks he's a great worker.
(b) He likes to work with Fletcher.
(c) Safety in numbers.
(d) He's his friend.
5. What did Grace say when Teach takes food from her plate?
(a) "That's mine."
(b) "Don't eat that!"
(c) "Help yourself."
(d) "That's not polite!"
6. What is Don's first guess about the value of the 1929 penny that Teach quizzes him on?
(a) Thirty-six dollars.
(b) Two cents.
(c) One dollar.
7. In Act I, how does Don define what business is?
(a) Common sense, experience, and talent.
(b) Hard work.
(c) A college degree.
(d) Commitment to a company.
8. What time of day is it in the first scene of the play?
(d) Late afternoon.
9. What role does Teach say Don should play in the break in?
(a) Main point person.
(b) To hold the flashlight.
(c) To mind the fort.
(d) Drive the get-away car.
10. Where does Teach live?
(a) In his car.
(b) The hotel.
(c) His house.
(d) Outside in the hammock.
11. Who believes Fletcher will bring depth to the team on the break in?
12. What does Bob say Fletcher stole from Ruthie?
(a) Pig iron.
(b) A musical instrument.
(c) Family heirlooms.
(d) A car.
13. What is the one thing Teach wants to make clear to Don before he leaves the shop in the morning?
(a) That he had a good time.
(b) To save some food for him.
(c) That he's not mad at him.
(d) He'll be back in a week.
14. Who says, "we do not need this guy," in response to the idea of bringing in Fletcher to help with the break in?
15. What room does Teach believe the coin collector will hide his coins in?
(a) Dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "people are loose, people pay the price"?
2. Why doesn't Teach want to answer Don's question about alternative ways to get into the house?
3. What does Teach ask Don if he wants to play before leaving the shop?
4. What does Teach want Don to teach him about coins?
5. What is the last word Don says in Act I after Teach leaves?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)