|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area is described in Chapter 47 as "the old Lagos, a slice of the past, a temple to the faded splendor of the colonial years"?
2. What is the name of the man that Ranyinudo met and was attracted to at the wedding in Chapter 44?
3. By what nickname does Ranyinudo call Ifemelu when she returns to Nigeria in Chapter 44?
4. Who returns from a medical mission in Nigeria to spend time with Dike in Chapter 43?
5. Who says at the dinner party in Chapter 29 that in America blacks and whites work together, but don’t play together and that in England it is just the opposite?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to meet Obinze in Lagos when he is deported from England?
2. Where is Boubacar from?
3. What is the title of the blog that concludes Chapter 36?
4. Where is Obinze transferred to a cell where the conditions are deplorable in Chapter 30?
5. What weekly treat if Obinze enjoying in the beginning of Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bookstore symbolize in Chapter 27?
2. What ideas are addressed regarding African immigration at Emenike's dinner party?
3. How are Ranyinudo's perceptions of gender roles demonstrated in Part 7?
4. What is foreshadowed through Obinze's and Ifemelu's correspondence in Chapter 42?
5. How is Esther described in the narrative? What other characters in the novel does Esther resemble?
6. Discuss the theme of identity as it applies to Dike. How does Dike perceive his identity?
7. How are Obinze's emotions revealed through his actions in Chapter 42?
8. What are Ifemelu's present circumstances like in Chapter 43? Where is she staying?
9. What is the root of Ifemelu's discomfort around Paula in the narrative?
10. What aspects of Lagos surprise Ifemelu when she returns in Part 7?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)