|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Blaine's friends described in the narrative?
(a) They are academics.
(b) They are artists.
(c) They are elitist bankers.
(d) They are working-class.
2. What is the name of Blaine's best friend from high school that comes to visit in Chapter 34?
3. What is the name of the receptionist at the Zoe magazine office?
4. Where does Ifemelu first reconnect with Blaine in Chapter 34?
(a) At a wedding.
(b) At a blogging conference.
(c) At a college lecture.
(d) At a job interview.
5. What is the name of the man that Ranyinudo met and was attracted to at the wedding in Chapter 44?
Short Answer Questions
1. What area is described in Chapter 47 as "the old Lagos, a slice of the past, a temple to the faded splendor of the colonial years"?
2. What weekly treat if Obinze enjoying in the beginning of Chapter 27?
3. How many of her patients does Aunty Uju say have attempted suicide in Chapter 43?
4. When Emenike meets Obinze in Chapter 29, he gives him an envelope of money. How much money is in the envelope compared to how much Obinze asked to borrow?
5. Who is Blaine's ex-girlfriend that reads one of Ifemelu's blog posts at the party in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Ifemelu's employer and boss at Zoe magazine?
2. How are Obinze's emotions revealed through his actions in Chapter 42?
3. What issues does Shan describe with her editor and the publication of her book?
4. What argument do Ifemelu and Curt have regarding women's magazines in Part 4?
5. What is symbolized by Ifemely's invitation for Dike to visit her in Nigeria?
6. How is the motif of accents addressed by Ranyinudo in Part 7?
7. How does Emenike respond when Obinze requests to see him in London? Why?
8. What aspects of Lagos surprise Ifemelu when she returns in Part 7?
9. What does the bookstore symbolize in Chapter 27?
10. How is Obinze affected by his conversation with the woman at the bookstore in Chapter 27?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)