|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shan come to New York in Chapter 35?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She is taking a cruise from New York.
(c) She is visiting her mother.
(d) Her book is being published.
2. What is Priye's profession in Chapter 44?
(a) She is a hairdresser.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is a lawyer.
(d) She is an event planner.
3. What beverage does Ranyinudo offer to Ifelemu when she first comes over to her apartment in Chapter 44?
4. How many of her patients does Aunty Uju say have attempted suicide in Chapter 43?
5. Where does Ifemelu first reconnect with Blaine in Chapter 34?
(a) At a blogging conference.
(b) At a job interview.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a college lecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death does Obinze describe in his email to Ifemelu in Chapter 42?
2. Where did Ifemelu meet Tendai?
3. Where is the woman from that claims she dated a white man and that race was never an issue in Chapter 31?
4. What is the name of the receptionist at the Zoe magazine office?
5. What blog title is described in Chapter 42 as "the most personal post [Ifemelu] had written about the black American"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bookstore symbolize in Chapter 27?
2. How are the concepts of race and class in England and America compared in the narrative?
3. What is symbolized by Ifemely's invitation for Dike to visit her in Nigeria?
4. How are Obinze's emotions revealed through his actions in Chapter 42?
5. How has Aunty Uju's life changed in Chapter 32?
6. What issues does Shan describe with her editor and the publication of her book?
7. What is foreshadowed through Obinze's and Ifemelu's correspondence in Chapter 42?
8. How would you describe Ifemelu's employer and boss at Zoe magazine?
9. How are Ranyinudo's perceptions of gender roles demonstrated in Part 7?
10. What are Ifemelu's present circumstances like in Chapter 43? Where is she staying?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)