|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Blaine's best friend from high school that comes to visit in Chapter 34?
2. How does Obinze contact Tendai in Chapter 27?
(a) He sends her a telegram.
(b) He writes her a letter.
(c) He calls her.
(d) He sends her a text message.
3. What television stations does Ranyinudo say she watches mostly in Chapter 44?
(a) MSNBC and FOX News.
(b) A&E and Nickelodeon.
(c) NTA and PBS.
(d) Style and E!.
4. Where is Obinze transferred to a cell where the conditions are deplorable in Chapter 30?
5. Where does Ifemelu take Dike for his birthday in Chapter 43?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Obinze's daughter?
2. What is the subject of Ifemelu's blog in the end of Chapter 37?
3. What is the one thing that unites Ifemelu and Blaine in Chapter 40?
4. What blog title is described in Chapter 42 as "the most personal post [Ifemelu] had written about the black American"?
5. What crime has Dike been accused of committing in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bookstore symbolize in Chapter 27?
2. What ideas are addressed regarding African immigration at Emenike's dinner party?
3. How is the motif of accents addressed by Ranyinudo in Part 7?
4. How is the theme of identity connected to Ifelemu's relationship with Blaine?
5. How would you describe Ifemelu's employer and boss at Zoe magazine?
6. What is the root of Ifemelu's discomfort around Paula in the narrative?
7. How are the concepts of race and class in England and America compared in the narrative?
8. What connection does Ifemelu reach with Aisha in Chapter 41? What does this foreshadow?
9. How has Aunty Uju's life changed in Chapter 32?
10. How is Obinze affected by his conversation with the woman at the bookstore in Chapter 27?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)