|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Obinze taking a train to when he finds himself surrounded by Nigerians in Chapter 27?
2. What is the name of Blaine's sister?
3. Who returns from a medical mission in Nigeria to spend time with Dike in Chapter 43?
4. Who says that African doctors should stay in Africa because they owe it to their country in Chapter 29?
(d) The Chief.
5. Whose wedding has Ranyinudo just attended when she meets Ifemelu at the airport in Chapter 44?
Short Answer Questions
1. What area is described in Chapter 47 as "the old Lagos, a slice of the past, a temple to the faded splendor of the colonial years"?
2. What crime has Dike been accused of committing in Chapter 39?
3. What is the name of the man that Ranyinudo met and was attracted to at the wedding in Chapter 44?
4. Who comes to meet Obinze in Lagos when he is deported from England?
5. What is Shan's party referred to as in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ifemelu argue with the Haitian woman in Chapter 31?
2. How are Obinze's emotions revealed through his actions in Chapter 42?
3. What is the root of Ifemelu's discomfort around Paula in the narrative?
4. How are Ranyinudo's perceptions of gender roles demonstrated in Part 7?
5. What is foreshadowed through Obinze's and Ifemelu's correspondence in Chapter 42?
6. How are the concepts of race and class in England and America compared in the narrative?
7. How would you describe Ifemelu's employer and boss at Zoe magazine?
8. What issues does Shan describe with her editor and the publication of her book?
9. What aspects of Lagos surprise Ifemelu when she returns in Part 7?
10. What foreshadowing can be seen in Ifemelu's relationship with Blaine in Chapter 36?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)