|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what Nigerian ethnic group is Ifemelu?
2. Who is the black American man that Ifemelu meets on the train in Chapter 17?
3. What is the name of Nicholas's wife?
4. What is the subject of Ifemelu's blog post in the end of Chapter 17?
(a) American Tribalism.
(b) Ralph Nader.
(c) The World Trade Center attacks.
(d) Obama's Presidential Election.
5. Where does Aunty Uju have a new house in Chapter 3?
(a) Dolphin Island.
(b) Lekki Peninsula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunty Uju studying to become in America in Chapter 8?
2. What does Mariama's customer say Nigerians are known for being in Chapter 18?
3. Who is the Nigerian man that Aunty Uju has begun seeing in Chapter 11?
4. Why is Ifemelu's father fired from his job in Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of Obinze's wife in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What racism has Dike encountered while at summer camp in Part 2? How does this experience affect him?
2. What does Obinze observe regarding Nigerians with English accents in Part 3?
3. What can be discerned about Obinze's character based on his treatment of Cleotilde?
4. How has Aunty Uju changed when Ifemelu first encounters her in America?
5. How are Obinze's and Ifemelu's struggles with employment in their new-found countries similar?
6. What is significant about Ginika's response to Ifemelu regarding the white and black salespeople at the dress shop in Part 2?
7. How is the theme of identity addressed through symbolism in Chapter 1?
8. What symbolism and themes are explored when Ifemelu cuts off her hair in the narrative?
9. What discussion emerges in Ifemelu's history class regarding the film Roots in Part 2?
10. What influence does Ifemelu's father have on her choices and actions in the narrative?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)