|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paige do to Simon after she allows him into the apartment?
2. What does Lindsay say Aidan was buying at the store where she works?
3. What is Aidan's father's name?
4. What does Paige realize when she sees the new bomb Keith has built?
5. What is the question Aidan says he ponders as he drives back to his mother's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story Paige remembers about the Smokey Mountain Man?
2. Why doesn't Aidan want to go along with Paige's plan?
3. Paige says the "timing was off" when she was working for the Earth Initiative. What was she trying to accomplish and what does she say was "off" about it?
4. Why was Paige situated near a busy downtown area?
5. What is the plan Paige presents to Aidan?
6. What is the story Aidan hears about the arrest of the four Muslims and what is his reaction?
7. What are Paige's instructions to Aidan when he says he'll call her later that evening.
8. What does Aidan think about Julie and what does he base these feelings on?
9. What does Aidan come to realize about Jim and Carol when Jim says Paige may have gone outside her apartment because she simply needed to get out?
10. What does Paige do with the computer and printer she takes from the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Simon Krauss was a member of a group with members known as "weathermen." Describe the group and their activities. What does Simon reveal about the organization? Does his description seem reasonable?
Essay Topic 2
What is the most important theme of this book? Why is it important? List at least three examples of the theme in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Paige and Keith; between Paige and Lindsay; between Paige and Bobby. How does each relationship affect Paige?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)