|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Loretta?
2. According to Touche, why was Eduardo Lopez shot?
3. Which of the following is not part of the "ad hoc resume" given about Simon?
4. What does Aidan note about Paige's clothing?
5. According to Simon, why didn't he just turn Keith in to the authorities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story Paige remembers about the Smokey Mountain Man?
2. What plan does Simon come up with prior to learning that Aidan has become associated with Paige and is now wanted?
3. Why does Touche say he believes the story of Paige's involvement is a prank?
4. What are some of the tips Paige gives Aidan as his "crash course" on surviving?
5. Describe Paige's first sighting of Aidan in person.
6. What does Aidan think about Julie and what does he base these feelings on?
7. What does Paige find in the garage and what does she figure out Keith is really planning?
8. Paige uses bombs to garner interest in causes. How does Aidan's take on Paige's methods change while he's talking to her in his apartment?
9. Why doesn't Aidan want to go along with Paige's plan?
10. Paige says the "timing was off" when she was working for the Earth Initiative. What was she trying to accomplish and what does she say was "off" about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an "Action" as referred to by the members of the activist group? Describe the action against Indigo Holdings. Compare that with the proposal by Keith for an Action against the power plant and the N3 Action. Which of the three is most in keeping with the group's mission? Why? Why do the others come up at all? Is the N3 Action successful on any level?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Aidan and Touche. How does it begin? How and why does it change? Why does Aidan like spending time with Julian initially? What does Aidan come to realize about their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Describe two of the main settings of the story. Are they real? Are they reasonable? What details did the author include in the descriptions? Were there details that were not included that should have been?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)