|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paige say will happen if Aidan doesn't write the story?
2. What does Aidan say the waiting room of the Liberty Inn reminds him of?
3. What does Paige say the Army wrote about the attack in which her brother was killed?
4. What does Aidan say is another name for the Earth Initiative?
5. Which of the following are NOT among the items Paige takes from the house before she leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the tips Paige gives Aidan as his "crash course" on surviving?
2. Why does Keith say the N3 building should be their next target?
3. What plan does Simon come up with prior to learning that Aidan has become associated with Paige and is now wanted?
4. What are Paige's thoughts when she sees the photo Aidan has of her outside Barney's?
5. Why was Paige situated near a busy downtown area?
6. Paige uses bombs to garner interest in causes. How does Aidan's take on Paige's methods change while he's talking to her in his apartment?
7. What does Aidan think about Julie and what does he base these feelings on?
8. Why does Simon say he sent Aidan the photo?
9. Why doesn't Aidan want to go along with Paige's plan?
10. What does Paige find in the garage and what does she figure out Keith is really planning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Whom do you consider to be the four most important characters? Why are these characters important to the story? Compare the four. Which are most believable? Which are least?
Essay Topic 2
Keith becomes the antagonist of the story because he apparently loses sight of the ultimate goals of the group. List examples that indicate Keith's changing mindset and how he eventually moves completely away from the group. Why does Lindsay follow him? If Paige's personal feelings toward Keith had been different, might she have followed him? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Keith becomes a victim of his own power. Describe how this comes about. Is it believable? Could it have been avoided? What were the signs to Simon and Paige?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)