|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paige say about how Keith looks when he puts on a clean shirt in preparation for the trip to New York?
2. What floor does Aidan live on?
3. What is Aidan's father's name?
4. What does Simon say the first cell of his underground organization was called?
5. What does Paige say Aidan could spend twenty-five years in jail for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paige's first sighting of Aidan in person.
2. What is Aidan's first reaction when Paige reveals herself to him at the fair and why has he not considered the danger earlier?
3. What does Paige note about Keith's appearance on Labor Day weekend?
4. Paige says the "timing was off" when she was working for the Earth Initiative. What was she trying to accomplish and what does she say was "off" about it?
5. When does Simon say he realized Keith would have to be stopped?
6. What is the plan Paige presents to Aidan?
7. Why does Keith say the N3 building should be their next target?
8. Why does Simon say he sent Aidan the photo?
9. What does Keith say he and Lindsay will do in New York and what is Paige supposed to do while they're away?
10. What does Aidan think about Julie and what does he base these feelings on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the jobs of Aidan, Paige, and Cressida? Are their professions important to the story line? Why or why not? Do the jobs make their characters more or less believable?
Essay Topic 2
Touche initially seems to go along with Aidan's plans to find Paige but then betrays him, giving up information about Aidan's actions and interaction with Paige. Describe Touche's betrayal. Describe the effect this has on Aidan. What about Touche's background might have affected his action.
Essay Topic 3
Describe two of the main settings of the story. Are they real? Are they reasonable? What details did the author include in the descriptions? Were there details that were not included that should have been?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)