|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inscribed on the duffel bag given to Paige?
2. How does Aidan describe the building where he's staying?
3. What does Keith say he's planning to blow up in Kentucky?
4. Where does Aidan meet Julian?
5. Where are the architectural plans left in the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Paige and Keith get the explosives they need for the bomb?
2. Describe the hotel where Aidan stays when he's looking for Paige.
3. What does Aidan do for a living and why is he checking email during Cressida's party?
4. What is the basic information Aidan gets from the article he reads about Indigo Holdings on his way to his mother's house?
5. Why does Paige have a problem with the idea of bombing the nuclear power plant as opposed to bombing a single residential building?
6. What is Touche's reaction when Aidan says he's going to Waitsfield?
7. How and why do Aidan and Cressida meet?
8. List three things Brendan says about the time he'd spent on the island with Paige?
9. Why does Aidan say he's writing his story?
10. What do Paige's parents say to Aidan when he's pretending to be Brendan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Paige's background, focusing on how and why she became involved with the movement.
Essay Topic 2
Keith becomes the antagonist of the story because he apparently loses sight of the ultimate goals of the group. List examples that indicate Keith's changing mindset and how he eventually moves completely away from the group. Why does Lindsay follow him? If Paige's personal feelings toward Keith had been different, might she have followed him? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Give an overview of the story. What are the most important aspects of the story? What are the pivotal moments of the story?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)