|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Paige last see Bobby alive?
2. When Aidan looks out his window the morning after receiving the photo of Paige, what does he see that isn't usually there?
3. How many roommates does Cressida have?
4. What does ELF stand for?
5. What birthday is Aidan's father celebrating soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the typical reaction when Paige is too quiet for a long period and what did her brother say about her ability to do this?
2. Briefly describe what Aidan reveals about his parents?
3. What do Paige's parents say to Aidan when he's pretending to be Brendan?
4. Why does Aidan say he's writing his story?
5. Describe where Aidan is and what his life is like as the story opens.
6. What is Touche's reaction when Aidan says he's going to Waitsfield?
7. Describe the problems Aidan and his girlfriend, Cressida, are having?
8. Describe what happens at the paper mill fire that makes Paige leap ahead in the organization?
9. How does Paige learn about the group that is protesting environmental misdeeds?
10. What does Aidan say in the message he leaves his mother when he's on the ferry headed to Connecticut?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Paige's background, focusing on how and why she became involved with the movement.
Essay Topic 2
Simon Krauss was a member of a group with members known as "weathermen." Describe the group and their activities. What does Simon reveal about the organization? Does his description seem reasonable?
Essay Topic 3
Touche initially seems to go along with Aidan's plans to find Paige but then betrays him, giving up information about Aidan's actions and interaction with Paige. Describe Touche's betrayal. Describe the effect this has on Aidan. What about Touche's background might have affected his action.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)