|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aidan's clue that someone has been in his motel room?
2. Where are the architectural plans left in the apartment?
3. What food does Keith bring when he returns the morning after he and Paige make their final plans for the bombing?
4. What does ELF stand for?
5. How does Aidan describe the building where he's staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why do Aidan and Cressida meet?
2. How did Derrick Franklin create his blogging business and what does it mean for Aidan?
3. Who is Kimbell LeRoux?
4. Paige says the "timing was off" when she was working for the Earth Initiative. What was she trying to accomplish and what does she say was "off" about it?
5. What is the story Touche tells about his father's friend, Eduardo Lopez?
6. What does Aidan do for a living and why is he checking email during Cressida's party?
7. What does Paige note about Keith's appearance on Labor Day weekend?
8. How does Paige learn about the group that is protesting environmental misdeeds?
9. Why was Paige situated near a busy downtown area?
10. How do Paige and Keith get the explosives they need for the bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an "Action" as referred to by the members of the activist group? Describe the action against Indigo Holdings. Compare that with the proposal by Keith for an Action against the power plant and the N3 Action. Which of the three is most in keeping with the group's mission? Why? Why do the others come up at all? Is the N3 Action successful on any level?
Essay Topic 2
Whom do you consider to be the four most important characters? Why are these characters important to the story? Compare the four. Which are most believable? Which are least?
Essay Topic 3
Touche initially seems to go along with Aidan's plans to find Paige but then betrays him, giving up information about Aidan's actions and interaction with Paige. Describe Touche's betrayal. Describe the effect this has on Aidan. What about Touche's background might have affected his action.
This section contains 1,422 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)