|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Aidan tell his mother it will be before he arrives at her house?
2. How does Touche get to the country club while Aidan is taking a nap?
3. What does Aidan ask in the message he sends to EmpiresFall about the photo of Paige?
4. What is the message in the text Cressida sends Aidan after their meeting?
5. How long have Cressida and Aidan known each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. List three things Brendan says about the time he'd spent on the island with Paige?
2. Describe Paige's reaction after she has time to think about the bombing of the Indigo building.
3. Briefly describe what Aidan reveals about his parents?
4. How does Lindsay get the message across to Paige that she's in love with Keith and that Paige is to keep her distance?
5. What does Aidan do for a living and why is he checking email during Cressida's party?
6. Who is Kimbell LeRoux?
7. Describe Paige's reaction when Keith tells her he plans to blow up a coal mine?
8. What is Touche's reaction when Aidan says he's going to Waitsfield?
9. When Paige wakes the morning after Keith makes a pass at her and finds him gone, why does she believe she can't simply walk away from the plan?
10. What is the basic information Aidan gets from the article he reads about Indigo Holdings on his way to his mother's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Touche initially seems to go along with Aidan's plans to find Paige but then betrays him, giving up information about Aidan's actions and interaction with Paige. Describe Touche's betrayal. Describe the effect this has on Aidan. What about Touche's background might have affected his action.
Essay Topic 2
What is the most important theme of this book? Why is it important? List at least three examples of the theme in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe two of the main settings of the story. Are they real? Are they reasonable? What details did the author include in the descriptions? Were there details that were not included that should have been?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)