|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Paige's parents live?
2. What is Aidan's clue that someone has been in his motel room?
3. Why does Touche suddenly refuse to be involved in the search for Paige?
4. What is Paige supposed to do while Lindsay and Keith go to New York to leave the bomb?
5. What is the message in the text Cressida sends Aidan after their meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lindsay get the message across to Paige that she's in love with Keith and that Paige is to keep her distance?
2. What does Aidan say in the message he leaves his mother when he's on the ferry headed to Connecticut?
3. Describe the problems Aidan and his girlfriend, Cressida, are having?
4. What does Aidan do for a living and why is he checking email during Cressida's party?
5. How does Paige learn about the group that is protesting environmental misdeeds?
6. Briefly describe what Aidan reveals about his parents?
7. Why is Aidan so worried when he receives an invitation from Carl to join the neighbors for a Christmas event?
8. Describe Paige's reaction when Keith tells her he plans to blow up a coal mine?
9. Describe where Aidan is and what his life is like as the story opens.
10. How do Paige and Keith get the explosives they need for the bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Simon Krauss was a member of a group with members known as "weathermen." Describe the group and their activities. What does Simon reveal about the organization? Does his description seem reasonable?
Essay Topic 2
Whom do you consider to be the four most important characters? Why are these characters important to the story? Compare the four. Which are most believable? Which are least?
Essay Topic 3
What happens that puts Aidan in a position to have to hide? Does it seem reasonable that he came to this point? Do you believe he did the right thing? Support your answers.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)