|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Touche cooking when Aidan gets up the following morning?
2. How long does Aidan tell his mother it will be before he arrives at her house?
3. Why don't Keith and Paige put the boxes in the trunk?
4. Why does Keith stick his head out the window as he is driving into West Virginia?
5. Why doesn't Keith drive all the way to the highway department building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Paige's parents say to Aidan when he's pretending to be Brendan?
2. How and why do Aidan and Cressida meet?
3. How does Paige learn about the group that is protesting environmental misdeeds?
4. What does Aidan do for a living and why is he checking email during Cressida's party?
5. What does Aidan say in the message he leaves his mother when he's on the ferry headed to Connecticut?
6. List three things Brendan says about the time he'd spent on the island with Paige?
7. Why is Aidan so worried when he receives an invitation from Carl to join the neighbors for a Christmas event?
8. How did Derrick Franklin create his blogging business and what does it mean for Aidan?
9. Why does Paige have a problem with the idea of bombing the nuclear power plant as opposed to bombing a single residential building?
10. Describe the hotel where Aidan stays when he's looking for Paige.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Simon Krauss was a member of a group with members known as "weathermen." Describe the group and their activities. What does Simon reveal about the organization? Does his description seem reasonable?
Essay Topic 2
Describe two of the main settings of the story. Are they real? Are they reasonable? What details did the author include in the descriptions? Were there details that were not included that should have been?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Aidan's parents. How do their lives impact Aidan's life? What does Aidan think about each of his parents? Compare his mother's life to that of his father.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)