|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cressida from?
2. How many rooms do Keith, Lindsay, and Paige request when they stop for the night their first night on the road?
3. When did Paige last see Bobby alive?
4. What are the clothes Paige buys for her job in New York?
5. Why don't Keith and Paige put the boxes in the trunk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Aidan so worried when he receives an invitation from Carl to join the neighbors for a Christmas event?
2. What does Aidan say in the message he leaves his mother when he's on the ferry headed to Connecticut?
3. What do Paige's parents say to Aidan when he's pretending to be Brendan?
4. What is the basic information Aidan gets from the article he reads about Indigo Holdings on his way to his mother's house?
5. When Paige wakes the morning after Keith makes a pass at her and finds him gone, why does she believe she can't simply walk away from the plan?
6. Describe where Aidan is and what his life is like as the story opens.
7. How does Paige learn about the group that is protesting environmental misdeeds?
8. Describe the problems Aidan and his girlfriend, Cressida, are having?
9. What does Aidan do for a living and why is he checking email during Cressida's party?
10. List three things Brendan says about the time he'd spent on the island with Paige?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Keith becomes the antagonist of the story because he apparently loses sight of the ultimate goals of the group. List examples that indicate Keith's changing mindset and how he eventually moves completely away from the group. Why does Lindsay follow him? If Paige's personal feelings toward Keith had been different, might she have followed him? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is the most important theme of this book? Why is it important? List at least three examples of the theme in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Whom do you consider to be the four most important characters? Why are these characters important to the story? Compare the four. Which are most believable? Which are least?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)