|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does Brendan say he'd been to Fisher's Island with Paige?
2. What is Paige's role at this house?
3. Who is Simon?
4. What is written on the side of the boxes Paige and Keith steal from the highway department building?
5. What time is it when Paige and Keith return to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lindsay get the message across to Paige that she's in love with Keith and that Paige is to keep her distance?
2. What does Aidan do for a living and why is he checking email during Cressida's party?
3. How and why do Aidan and Cressida meet?
4. How did Derrick Franklin create his blogging business and what does it mean for Aidan?
5. What is Touche's reaction when Aidan says he's going to Waitsfield?
6. What is the typical reaction when Paige is too quiet for a long period and what did her brother say about her ability to do this?
7. What does Aidan say in the message he leaves his mother when he's on the ferry headed to Connecticut?
8. Why is Aidan so worried when he receives an invitation from Carl to join the neighbors for a Christmas event?
9. Describe what happens at the paper mill fire that makes Paige leap ahead in the organization?
10. List three things Brendan says about the time he'd spent on the island with Paige?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story is not presented in chronological order. Explain the chronology of the story beginning with the earliest event of the story. Why does the author present the story in this manner? Is it effective?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Simon Krauss? Describe his relationship with Aidan. Describe his relationship with Aidan's mother. What is his background? What is his fate?
Essay Topic 3
Give an overview of the story. What are the most important aspects of the story? What are the pivotal moments of the story?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)