|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Touche cooking when Aidan gets up the following morning?
2. What birthday is Aidan's father celebrating soon?
3. What food does Keith bring when he returns the morning after he and Paige make their final plans for the bombing?
4. What is Paige's father's name?
5. What does Cressida do with the folders on Paige Roderick and Easton St. Clair when she leaves the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why do Aidan and Cressida meet?
2. Describe the grief Paige and her parents are enduring after Bobby's death and why Paige remains with her parents rather than returning to her job.
3. How does Paige learn about the group that is protesting environmental misdeeds?
4. How do Paige and Keith get the explosives they need for the bomb?
5. List three details about the house where Paige, Lindsay, and Keith are staying.
6. What do Paige's parents say to Aidan when he's pretending to be Brendan?
7. How does Lindsay get the message across to Paige that she's in love with Keith and that Paige is to keep her distance?
8. What does Aidan do for a living and why is he checking email during Cressida's party?
9. Describe Paige's reaction when Keith tells her he plans to blow up a coal mine?
10. How did Derrick Franklin create his blogging business and what does it mean for Aidan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Keith becomes the antagonist of the story because he apparently loses sight of the ultimate goals of the group. List examples that indicate Keith's changing mindset and how he eventually moves completely away from the group. Why does Lindsay follow him? If Paige's personal feelings toward Keith had been different, might she have followed him? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Give an overview of the story. What are the most important aspects of the story? What are the pivotal moments of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Simon Krauss was a member of a group with members known as "weathermen." Describe the group and their activities. What does Simon reveal about the organization? Does his description seem reasonable?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)