|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paige in the photo Aidan receives by email?
2. How does Aidan describe Woodstock?
3. When Aidan looks out his window the morning after receiving the photo of Paige, what does he see that isn't usually there?
4. What kind of computer does Aidan have as the story opens?
5. How does Touche get to the country club while Aidan is taking a nap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story Touche tells about his father's friend, Eduardo Lopez?
2. Why does Touche say he believes the story of Paige's involvement is a prank?
3. What does Paige find in the garage and what does she figure out Keith is really planning?
4. Describe where Aidan is and what his life is like as the story opens.
5. What does Aidan say in the message he leaves his mother when he's on the ferry headed to Connecticut?
6. What does Paige do with the computer and printer she takes from the house?
7. What are Paige's instructions to Aidan when he says he'll call her later that evening.
8. What is Aidan's first reaction when Paige reveals herself to him at the fair and why has he not considered the danger earlier?
9. What does Aidan come to realize about Jim and Carol when Jim says Paige may have gone outside her apartment because she simply needed to get out?
10. List three basic facts included in the Drudge Report about Paige and Aidan.
Essay Topic 1
Describe two of the main settings of the story. Are they real? Are they reasonable? What details did the author include in the descriptions? Were there details that were not included that should have been?
Essay Topic 2
Touche initially seems to go along with Aidan's plans to find Paige but then betrays him, giving up information about Aidan's actions and interaction with Paige. Describe Touche's betrayal. Describe the effect this has on Aidan. What about Touche's background might have affected his action.
Essay Topic 3
What is an "Action" as referred to by the members of the activist group? Describe the action against Indigo Holdings. Compare that with the proposal by Keith for an Action against the power plant and the N3 Action. Which of the three is most in keeping with the group's mission? Why? Why do the others come up at all? Is the N3 Action successful on any level?
This section contains 1,540 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)