|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Keith drive all the way to the highway department building?
2. What is Paige's father's name?
3. Where does Aidan's mother live?
4. What is the problem with Indian Point as a target?
5. How long does Aidan tell his mother it will be before he arrives at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paige have a problem with the idea of bombing the nuclear power plant as opposed to bombing a single residential building?
2. How do Paige and Keith get the explosives they need for the bomb?
3. How did Derrick Franklin create his blogging business and what does it mean for Aidan?
4. What does Aidan say in the message he leaves his mother when he's on the ferry headed to Connecticut?
5. Describe where Aidan is and what his life is like as the story opens.
6. What do Paige's parents say to Aidan when he's pretending to be Brendan?
7. Describe Paige's reaction when Keith tells her he plans to blow up a coal mine?
8. How does Lindsay get the message across to Paige that she's in love with Keith and that Paige is to keep her distance?
9. Why does Aidan say he's writing his story?
10. Why does Keith say bombing TCI's CEO is not worth their effort?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the most important theme of this book? Why is it important? List at least three examples of the theme in the story.
Essay Topic 2
What happens that puts Aidan in a position to have to hide? Does it seem reasonable that he came to this point? Do you believe he did the right thing? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Keith becomes a victim of his own power. Describe how this comes about. Is it believable? Could it have been avoided? What were the signs to Simon and Paige?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)