|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Paige and Aidan get into the apartment?
(a) Paige has a key.
(b) The door isn't locked.
(c) The key is hidden near the stairwell.
(d) Paigue breaks in.
2. What does Paige do to Simon after she allows him into the apartment?
(a) Makes him answer some coded questions.
(b) Checks him for weapons.
(c) Asks if he wants coffee.
(d) Has him call Keith.
3. What does Aidan yell when he realizes it's Simon who's entered the apartment?
(a) Paige, stop.
(b) Turn around.
(c) Go back.
(d) Simon, stop.
4. What does Paige say she'll know if the bomb is gone from the shed?
(a) She's in danger of being blown up.
(b) Keith and Lindsay have turned her in.
(c) Keith is trusting she'll get it to New York.
(d) Keith and Lindsay aren't coming back.
5. According to Simon, why didn't he just turn Keith in to the authorities?
(a) He didn't think police would believe him.
(b) It was Aidan's mother's idea.
(c) He knew police would track the email.
(d) They don't turn in one of their own.
6. Where does Paige say she bought a copy of Kipling's works while she was in college?
(a) From an online book store.
(b) At a used book store.
(c) From a friend.
(d) At the campus textbook store.
7. Which of the following is one of the things Aidan does while he's out of the apartment?
(a) Calls Simon.
(b) Calls Touche.
(c) Does laundry.
(d) Checks his email.
8. Whom does Paige say she saw in Aidan's building?
(b) The Feds.
9. What does Lindsay say Aidan was buying at the store where she works?
(b) Fruit and fresh vegetables.
(c) Sandwiches from the deli.
(d) Sodas and chips.
10. What does Keith hand Paige when he gets in the car with her?
(a) A Xeroxed photo of Aidan.
(b) A cell phone with a photo of Aidan.
(c) A bottle of beer.
(d) A cigarette.
11. Who does Paige say will show up soon after Aidan posts his story about the bombings?
(a) New York City detectives.
(b) The Feds.
(c) Keith and Lindsay.
(d) Members of the activist group.
12. What is the name of the company where Paige works after college?
(a) The Washington Institute.
(b) The Jefferson Group.
(c) The Carver Institute.
(d) The Lincoln Group.
13. What does Aidan do when he sees Paige watching him from her car at the motel?
(a) He heads her way.
(b) He pulls out his cell phone to call the police.
(c) He turns and goes back inside.
(d) He doesn't see her.
14. Who is Ellis?
(a) Aidan's boss.
(b) A private investigator.
(c) A reporter.
(d) Touche's doorman.
15. What does Paige believe has happened to cause Simon to be at the apartment?
(a) The police called him.
(b) She has the wrong apartment.
(c) Aidan called him.
(d) Keith called him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the car keys when Keith is looking for them?
2. What does Paige say is the sign the apartment Keith uses is in use?
3. What does Paige say about how Keith looks when he puts on a clean shirt in preparation for the trip to New York?
4. What is the scene Aidan detects in his coffee as soon as he wakes the morning after Paige's arrival?
5. When does Paige say there's no safety in numbers?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)