|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindsay say Aidan was buying at the store where she works?
(a) Sandwiches from the deli.
(b) Sodas and chips.
(c) Fruit and fresh vegetables.
2. What does Paige do while Keith's gone to meet Lindsay?
(a) Cleans the house.
(b) Begins moving their possessions to the next safe house.
(c) Begins searching for their next target.
(d) Dismantles the bomb.
3. What is the first question Touche asks Aidan when Aidan arrives at his apartment?
(a) Did you find the girl?
(b) Did you hear about the bombing?
(c) Vodka or gin?
(d) Did you break the story about the bombing?
4. According to Simon, why didn't he just turn Keith in to the authorities?
(a) It was Aidan's mother's idea.
(b) He knew police would track the email.
(c) He didn't think police would believe him.
(d) They don't turn in one of their own.
5. What does Paige say is Aidan's reaction when she grabs his arm at the county fair?
(a) He yells.
(b) He is surprised but doesn't pull away.
(c) He says, 'excuse me.'
(d) He jerks out of her grasp.
6. What does Simon say was his name while he was living undercover?
(a) Jonathan Glassman
(b) Jerry Hawkrider.
(c) Simon Strothers.
(d) Richard Jones.
7. What does Paige say will happen if Aidan doesn't write the story?
(b) People will die.
(c) She will turn herself in.
(d) Keith will escape.
8. Which of the following are NOT among the items Paige takes from the house before she leaves?
(b) The printer.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
9. What is the scene Aidan detects in his coffee as soon as he wakes the morning after Paige's arrival?
10. Why does Paige say they can't take a cab?
(a) The driver might remember them.
(b) They don't have time.
(c) They don't have the money.
(d) There are cameras.
11. What does Simon say the first cell of his underground organization was called?
(a) The Pickup Patrol.
(b) The Cart Pushers.
(c) The Truck Task Force.
(d) The Bike Messengers.
12. What does Keith say Paige has to do about Aidan's questioning?
(a) Find out where he lives.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Threaten him into silence.
(d) Find out why he's looking for her.
13. What does Paige say is the sign the apartment Keith uses is in use?
(a) A trinket in the window.
(b) A light in the window.
(c) A sign on the doorknob.
(d) The blinds would be open.
14. What is the name of the company where Paige works after college?
(a) The Washington Institute.
(b) The Lincoln Group.
(c) The Jefferson Group.
(d) The Carver Institute.
15. What does Paige say is the effect of Keith's straggly beard?
(a) It makes him ruggedly handsom.
(b) It's a good disguise.
(c) It makes him look like a real rebel.
(d) It makes his eyes seem small.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aidan say he hopes Cressida will have when he heads to her house at 3:45 in the morning?
2. Which of the following is not something Aidan sees when he enters Cressida's apartment on page 199?
3. Whom is Paige writing a letter to when Aidan comes back from renting his car?
4. Where does Lindsay say Keith is?
5. Which of the following is one of the things Aidan does while he's out of the apartment?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)