|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aidan say he believes he and Paige can stay for a night while they sort the situation out?
(a) A hotel on Fisher's Island.
(b) Simon's workshop.
(c) Touche's apartment.
(d) His father's house.
2. What does Paige say she'll know if the bomb is gone from the shed?
(a) She's in danger of being blown up.
(b) Keith is trusting she'll get it to New York.
(c) Keith and Lindsay have turned her in.
(d) Keith and Lindsay aren't coming back.
3. What is Aidan's response when Touche asks if Paige is beautiful?
(a) Not even close.
(b) I didn't notice.
(d) Yeah, I guess.
4. Why does Paige say she's suddenly going against Keith's plan to set a new bomb?
(a) This bomb is designed to kill people.
(b) Aidan recognized her.
(c) He's abandoned her.
(d) She realizes it's wrong.
5. What does Jim say Paige took with her when she disappeared?
(c) Clothes, a laptop, and a knife.
(d) Only some money she had put away.
6. How does Aidan get to the train station from his mother's house?
(a) His mother drives him.
(b) He takes a cab.
(c) Simon drives him.
(d) He walks.
7. Who does Paige say will show up soon after Aidan posts his story about the bombings?
(a) New York City detectives.
(b) The Feds.
(c) Members of the activist group.
(d) Keith and Lindsay.
8. When does Paige say there's no safety in numbers?
(a) When you know you've done something wrong.
(b) When you know the police have your photo.
(c) When you don't trust anyone.
(d) There's never safety in numbers.
9. When does Simon say he changed his name to Simon Krauss?
(a) In 1959.
(b) In 1970
(c) In 1961.
(d) In 1968.
10. What does Aidan say the waiting room of the Liberty Inn reminds him of?
(a) A cheap bar.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A crack house.
(d) A hospital waiting room.
11. What does Keith say his text from Lindsay contains?
(a) A link to a photo of Paige in New York.
(b) The address of the motel where Aidan is staying.
(c) The emergency code.
(d) A detailed description of Aidan.
12. What is Paige doing when Aidan emerges from taking a shower?
(a) Brushing her hair and watching traffic.
(b) Looking at some website reports about the bombings.
(c) Drinking coffee and watching traffic.
(d) Reading what she's written about the bombings.
13. According to Simon, to what underground group does he belong?
(a) The Weathermen.
(b) The Elemental Environmental Foundation.
(c) The People for Environmental Conservation.
(d) The Earth Recovery Movement.
14. Which of the following is not something Aidan sees when he enters Cressida's apartment on page 199?
(a) A half bottle of wine.
(b) A surfboard.
(c) An overturned chair.
(d) Wilted flowers.
15. What does Paige say is the sign the apartment Keith uses is in use?
(a) A trinket in the window.
(b) A light in the window.
(c) A sign on the doorknob.
(d) The blinds would be open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paige say is the effect of Keith's straggly beard?
2. What does Simon say his role has been in the Actions carried out by Keith and others of Keith's group?
3. What does Paige do to Simon after she allows him into the apartment?
4. Where does Lindsay say Keith is?
5. What is the nickname that's been given to the Muslims who were arrested for the bombing?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)