|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Simon, why didn't he just turn Keith in to the authorities?
(a) It was Aidan's mother's idea.
(b) They don't turn in one of their own.
(c) He didn't think police would believe him.
(d) He knew police would track the email.
2. What is the scene Aidan detects in his coffee as soon as he wakes the morning after Paige's arrival?
3. Who does Paige say will show up soon after Aidan posts his story about the bombings?
(a) Keith and Lindsay.
(b) New York City detectives.
(c) Members of the activist group.
(d) The Feds.
4. What is the first question Touche asks Aidan when Aidan arrives at his apartment?
(a) Vodka or gin?
(b) Did you break the story about the bombing?
(c) Did you hear about the bombing?
(d) Did you find the girl?
5. According to Touche, why was Eduardo Lopez shot?
(a) He helped a man convicted of treason.
(b) He knew about the coup and did nothing to stop it.
(c) He'd planned a coup.
(d) He was fraternizing with the enemy.
6. How does Aidan get to the train station from his mother's house?
(a) He takes a cab.
(b) His mother drives him.
(c) He walks.
(d) Simon drives him.
7. How many children does Julie have?
8. What does Keith say his text from Lindsay contains?
(a) The emergency code.
(b) The address of the motel where Aidan is staying.
(c) A link to a photo of Paige in New York.
(d) A detailed description of Aidan.
9. Which of the following is not something Aidan sees when he enters Cressida's apartment on page 199?
(a) Wilted flowers.
(b) A half bottle of wine.
(c) An overturned chair.
(d) A surfboard.
10. When does Simon say he changed his name to Simon Krauss?
(a) In 1961.
(b) In 1968.
(c) In 1970
(d) In 1959.
11. What does Aidan note about Paige's clothing?
(a) Her skirt is too long.
(b) She's wearing corduroy in August.
(c) She has on two tank tops.
(d) Her shirt says "Nike."
12. According to Simon, to what underground group does he belong?
(a) The Weathermen.
(b) The Elemental Environmental Foundation.
(c) The Earth Recovery Movement.
(d) The People for Environmental Conservation.
13. Where is Lindsay going when Keith and Paige head back to the house after they learn Aidan is searching for Paige?
(a) To follow Aidan.
(b) Back to work.
(d) To the county fair.
14. Which of the following is not part of the "ad hoc resume" given about Simon?
(a) He's Aidan's mother's boyfriend.
(b) He's an artist.
(c) He's a former member of PETA.
(d) He's Keith Sutton's patron.
15. What does Lindsay say Aidan was buying at the store where she works?
(a) Sodas and chips.
(b) Sandwiches from the deli.
(c) Fruit and fresh vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Loretta?
2. Where does Aidan say he believes he and Paige can stay for a night while they sort the situation out?
3. What does Paige do while Keith's gone to meet Lindsay?
4. What does Keith hand Paige when he gets in the car with her?
5. What does Paige say about how Keith looks when he puts on a clean shirt in preparation for the trip to New York?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)