|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paige say will happen if Aidan doesn't write the story?
(a) She will turn herself in.
(c) People will die.
(d) Keith will escape.
2. Where does Paige say she bought a copy of Kipling's works while she was in college?
(a) At the campus textbook store.
(b) From an online book store.
(c) From a friend.
(d) At a used book store.
3. What does Aidan say he's drunk on when he leaves Touche's apartment?
(a) Brandy and rum.
(b) Vodka and big ideas.
(c) Love and friendship.
(d) Cheap wine and cranberry juice.
4. Why does Paige say she leaves Aidan's address and the name of his blog out when she relates the information to Keith?
(a) She is tired of being the one in the dark.
(b) She doesn't remember those details.
(c) She fears what Keith will do to Aidan.
(d) She never knew those details.
5. Where is Lindsay going when Keith and Paige head back to the house after they learn Aidan is searching for Paige?
(a) To the county fair.
(c) To follow Aidan.
(d) Back to work.
6. How does Aidan get to the train station from his mother's house?
(a) He walks.
(b) His mother drives him.
(c) He takes a cab.
(d) Simon drives him.
7. What does Aidan note about Paige's clothing?
(a) Her skirt is too long.
(b) Her shirt says "Nike."
(c) She has on two tank tops.
(d) She's wearing corduroy in August.
8. According to Simon, why didn't he just turn Keith in to the authorities?
(a) He didn't think police would believe him.
(b) He knew police would track the email.
(c) It was Aidan's mother's idea.
(d) They don't turn in one of their own.
9. What does Aidan do when he sees Paige watching him from her car at the motel?
(a) He turns and goes back inside.
(b) He doesn't see her.
(c) He heads her way.
(d) He pulls out his cell phone to call the police.
10. What does Paige say she'd planned to do after college?
(a) Promote farming and self-sufficiency in third-world countries.
(b) Work on third-world envirnonmental issues.
(c) Teach school in a third-world country.
(d) Be a researcher for the government.
11. How much money does Aidan have from his bank account when he arrives to pick up Paige?
(a) Four hundred dollars.
(b) Ninety-three dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Three hundred, forty-seven dollars.
12. What does Simon say he came to the apartment to do?
(a) Bring money for Paige and Aidan.
(b) Change Keith's mind.
(c) Bring plans for hte N3 building.
(d) Bring bedding and supplies for Keith and Lindsay.
13. What does Keith hand Paige when he gets in the car with her?
(a) A Xeroxed photo of Aidan.
(b) A cell phone with a photo of Aidan.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A bottle of beer.
14. Which of the following is not part of the "ad hoc resume" given about Simon?
(a) He's an artist.
(b) He's a former member of PETA.
(c) He's Keith Sutton's patron.
(d) He's Aidan's mother's boyfriend.
15. What does Paige do while Keith's gone to meet Lindsay?
(a) Cleans the house.
(b) Dismantles the bomb.
(c) Begins moving their possessions to the next safe house.
(d) Begins searching for their next target.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aidan say he hopes Cressida will have when he heads to her house at 3:45 in the morning?
2. Where does Lindsay say Keith is?
3. Who does Paige say will show up soon after Aidan posts his story about the bombings?
4. What does Aidan say is another name for the Earth Initiative?
5. Who tells Aidan that Muslims have been arrested for bombing Barney's.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)