|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, what does Fabiola think about the mountains in America?
(a) They are flat and easy.
(b) They do not exist.
(c) They are in people's hearts.
(d) They are in her soul.
2. What is the Haitian saying that Fabiola tells Chantal in Chapter 29?
(a) "We are unhappy, but we are here" (286).
(b) "We are warlike, but we are here" (286).
(c) "We are ugly, but we are here" (286).
(d) "We are poor, but we are here" (286).
3. In Chapter 32, what does Detective Shawn tell Fabiola?
(a) Her mother is being detained.
(b) Her mother is dead.
(c) Her mother is in Haiti.
(d) Her mother is being set free with a green card.
4. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Dray goes to a drug deal.
(b) Dray comes yelling at the house for Donna.
(c) Donna goes searching for Dray.
(d) Dray finds a new girl.
5. In Chapter 30, what do the girls do when they get home?
(b) Sing carols.
6. What does Fabiola tell her cousins in Chapter 27 they can not do?
(a) Date boys.
(c) Lie to their mother.
(d) Go to the party.
7. In Chapter 30, what does Fabiola run upstairs for?
(a) Her wand.
(b) Her magic things.
(c) Her gun.
(d) Her knife.
8. Where do Fabiola and the cousins go in Chapter 29?
(a) To Q's.
(b) To the mall.
(c) To the park.
(d) To the Gross Point Park party.
9. Who eventually bought 8800 American Street, as said in "8800 American Street"?
(a) Phillip Roth.
(b) Jean-Phillip Francois.
(c) Jean-Paul Satre.
(d) Francisco Sans.
10. Who also shows up at the diner in Chapter 22?
(b) Dray and Kasim.
11. What has Fabiola been doing with Kasim in Chapter 22?
(a) Ignoring him.
(b) Texting him.
(c) Kissing him.
(d) Dating him.
12. What does Fabiola bargain for with Dray in Chapter 26?
(a) A ticket home.
(b) A cut of his drug sales at the Gross Point Party.
(c) Kasim's heart.
(d) Her mother's freedom.
13. Who first owned the house, as said in "8800 American Street"?
(a) Adrian Weiss and his wife, Ruth.
(b) Lester Charles Walker.
(c) Jean-Phillip Francois.
(d) Bad Leg.
14. Who also comes to Thankgiving dinner in Chapter 23?
(c) Donald Glover.
15. What business did Andrian Weiss get into after being fired from his job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fabiola send to Detective Stevens in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Fabiola tell Dray she knows in Chapter 26?
3. In "Drayton's Story," what does Dray say about his first death?
4. What do the Three Bees owe Q in Chapter 21?
5. What does Matant Joy say to Fabiola in Chapter 23?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)