|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kasim and Fabiola go to eat in Chapter 9?
(a) Haitian food.
(b) Syrian food.
(c) Middle Eastern food.
2. What does Matant Jo give Fabiola in Chapter 6?
(a) A new book.
(c) A new purse.
3. What does Fabiola call Kasim in Chapter 7?
4. What had Chantal done when her father had died as said in "Chantal's Story"?
(a) Translated the news from the police for her mother.
(b) Chased her father's killer.
(c) Gone outside and cried.
(d) Gone back to school.
5. What does Fabiola think when she sees Dray in Chapter 7?
(a) He is misguided.
(b) He is a good guy.
(c) He is a vagabon.
(d) He is malfekte.
6. Who helps Fabiola with her paper in Chapter 12?
7. What does Chantal say in "Chantal's Story" that she does not learn in class?
(a) How creativity works.
(b) How nostalgia works.
(c) How her heart works.
(d) How thoughts and memories work.
8. In "Princess' Story," how does Pri say finances were after their father's death?
9. Who does Fabiola realize Bad Leg is in Chapter 8?
(a) Bad Leg.
(b) Papa Legba.
10. What does Dray pull Imani in for in Chapter 13?
(a) A Facebook picture.
(b) An instagram picture.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A hug.
11. What upsets Fabiola in Chapter 12?
(a) She gets in a fight.
(b) She gets a D on a paper.
(c) She gets called to the principals office.
(d) She has her purse stolen.
12. In "Matant Jo's Story," how does Matant Jo describe the hole in her heart?
(a) As an open lake.
(b) As Phillip's bullet wound.
(c) As black hole.
(d) As a constant wound.
13. What does Donna ask Fabiola in Chapter 11?
(a) If she is still a virgin.
(b) If she likes Dray.
(c) If she is single.
(d) If she will braid her hair.
14. According to Majorie and Valerie's Story, who had Valerie prayed to on the boat?
(a) Papa Legba.
(b) La Siren.
(c) Their ancestor spirits.
(d) The sea serpents.
15. What does Kasim say when Fabiola worries about her clothes in Chapter 14?
(a) That it does not matter if she has a "bougie heart" (143).
(b) That she looks beautiful.
(c) That she is "reppin the east side" (143).
(d) That he likes her as she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Drew and Imani pull-in at home in Chapter 13?
2. How old was Chantal when her father died?
3. Where does Fabiola go in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Donna say in "Primadonna's Story" that she goes hard for Dray?
5. In Chapter 5, how does Fabiola feel at school?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)