|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 to Majorie & Valerie's Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Majorie and Valerie's Story, why had the sisters left Haiti?
(a) They got a ticket from their uncle.
(b) They had relatives in the U.S.
(c) They bribed an official.
(d) Majorie had been assaulted at their job and they lost their work.
2. What does Chantal tell Fabiola in Chapter 11?
(a) To break up with him.
(b) To say no if Kasim asks to marry her.
(c) To ignore sexist ideas for women.
(d) To be chaste.
3. In Chapter 4, what are the crossroads of the Francois house?
(a) "Sunny Street" and "Joy Road" (37).
(b) "American Street" and "Joy Road" (37).
(c) "American Street" and "Jay Road" (37).
(d) "American Street" and "Jill Road" (37).
4. What do Kasim and Fabiola go to eat in Chapter 9?
(a) Syrian food.
(c) Middle Eastern food.
(d) Haitian food.
5. What does Papa Legba sing to Fabiolain Chapter 8?
(a) To feed him.
(b) To help him.
(c) To let him out.
(d) To make a deal with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Princess's Story," who does Pri say she and her sisters are?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Fabiola feel leaving the airport?
3. What does Fabiola tell Kasim that surprises him in Chapter 9?
4. In "Matant Jo's Story," what had Phillip done after sending for the house?
5. What does Kasim say when Fabiola worries about her clothes in Chapter 14?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)