Chapter 1 - Matant Jo's Story
1. In Chapter 1, what happens with Fabiola and her mother?
(a) They are separated at the airport.
(b) They go home.
(c) They are reunited at the airport.
(d) They are sent back to Haiti.
2. In Chapter 1, where are Fabiola and her mother going?
(a) To Detroit.
(b) New York.
3. In Chapter 1, what does the customs officer tell Fabiola?
(a) To find friends.
(b) To return in the morning.
(c) To give up.
(d) To seek shelter.
4. In Chapter 2, who is Fabiola meeting in Detroit?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousins and aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
5. In Chapter 2, who are Fabiola's cousins?
(a) Jessica, Britney, and Princess.
(b) Chantal, Primadonna, and Princess.
(c) Chantal, Primadonna, and Queen.
(d) Isa, Isia, and Asa.
6. In Chapter 2, what does the airport desk say about Fabiola's mother?
(a) She passed.
(b) She was sent back to Haiti.
(c) She left for another destination.
(d) She was detained.
7. In Chapter 2, how does Fabiola feel leaving the airport?
(a) Like leaving her soul.
(b) Like leaving a part of herself.
(c) Like leaving her big toe.
(d) Like leaving her elbow.
This section contains 4,452 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)