|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
(a) To compromise on certain issues.
(b) To present questions according to God's love.
(c) To present questions as dichotomies between good and evil.
(d) To understand that people have varying beliefs and not every issue is either black or white.
2. How long does Jefferson believe the war will last?
(a) About three months.
(b) About six months.
(c) About one year.
(d) About four years.
3. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
(a) To be edited.
(b) To write persuasively.
(c) To write political pamphlets.
(d) To have his work accepted.
4. What governmental position does Alexander Hamilton hold?
(a) Secretary of the Treasury.
(b) Secretary of the Interior.
(c) Surgeon General.
(d) Secretary of State.
5. For what are Betty Hemings' grandchildren mistaken?
(a) Jefferson's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail Adams provide Jefferson from London?
2. Why is it difficult for Patsy to love her husband?
3. Why does Jefferson retire to Monticello by 1794?
4. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
5. Who are the other two ambassadors in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Hemingses allowed to live at Mulberry Row and work in the house?
2. Where is the relationship between Jefferson and Hemings a topic?
3. What three articles is he known for writing?
4. How is the relationship between Abigail Adams and Thomas Jefferson?
5. What happens to Virginia under Jefferson's guidance?
6. Why does Madison let Jefferson know that his name is being put forth as the Republican Party's candidate for president through coded letters?
7. What do Patsy and Polly have in common?
8. Why might the author be surprised by the number of people who attend the evening devoted to Jefferson?
9. What do John Wales and Thomas Jefferson possibly have in common?
10. What two views of Jefferson's about King George III are incompatible?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)