|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Patsy to love her husband?
(a) He is never home.
(b) He is the father of his slave's children.
(c) She does not know how to love.
(d) He is mentally unstable.
2. Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity?
(a) Arguing his cause.
3. Besides slaves, what else does Jefferson inherit from his father-in-law's estate?
(b) A house.
4. With whom did Jefferson engage in vile public clashes?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) John Adams.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Aaron Burr.
5. What is the end result of this planting?
(b) The purchasing of more slaves to harvest the crop.
(c) A successful harvest.
(d) Plentiful fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jefferson owe English and Scottish firms?
2. How would one describe Jefferson's lifestyle?
3. What have several historians pointed out does not exist between a master and a slave?
4. What two decisions shape Jefferson's entire life?
5. How many children do Patsy and her husband have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two decisions shape his entire life?
2. What story does Jefferson glamorize to benefit himself?
3. What impression does Jefferson's arrival in Paris give the French?
4. Why does Martha force Jefferson to promise to never remarry?
5. Why does Jefferson not want to return to Philadelphia?
6. What do Polly and her mother have in common?
7. Why are the Hemingses allowed to live at Mulberry Row and work in the house?
8. How is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise operated?
9. What do John Wales and Thomas Jefferson possibly have in common?
10. Why might the author be surprised by the number of people who attend the evening devoted to Jefferson?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)