|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Polly marry?
(a) John Wales Eppes.
(b) Thomas Payne.
(c) John Smith.
(d) Thomas Mann Randolph Jr.
2. How does Jefferson arrive in Philadelphia for the first Continental Congress?
(a) He arrives secretly in the night, due to the high security risk.
(b) He arrives in an opulent carriage with three slaves outfitted in elaborate costumes.
(c) He arrives by horseback, as do most people at this time.
(d) He arrives excited and ready to lead the nation.
3. Where does Jefferson attend college?
(a) At the University of Virginia.
(b) At the College of Wiliam and Mary.
(c) At Oberlin College.
(d) At New York University.
4. What does Jefferson study in college?
(c) Interpersonal Communications.
5. How many children do Patsy and her husband have?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
2. How are Jefferson's actions towards slavery and his views of slavery contradictory?
3. Who is probably the most beloved and admired of American presidents?
4. Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity?
5. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author be surprised by the number of people who attend the evening devoted to Jefferson?
2. What story does Jefferson glamorize to benefit himself?
3. What does Jefferson do with his companions once they arrive in France?
4. What is the author's opinion about Bill Clinton's behavior with Monica Lewinsky?
5. How is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise operated?
6. What happens to Virginia under Jefferson's guidance?
7. What do John Wales and Thomas Jefferson possibly have in common?
8. To what does the author compare the sexual services required of slaves?
9. What is Jefferson's ideal Utopian society?
10. What is known about Jefferson prior to his becoming a political figure?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)