|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Jefferson engage in vile public clashes?
(a) Aaron Burr.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) James Madison.
(d) John Adams.
2. What does Jefferson study in college?
(a) Interpersonal Communications.
3. What governmental position does Alexander Hamilton hold?
(a) Secretary of the Interior.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Secretary of the Treasury.
(d) Surgeon General.
4. What is the nickname Ellis gives for Sally Hemings?
(a) Black Sal.
(b) White Sally.
(c) Sally Forth.
(d) Silly Sally.
5. Who does Patsy marry?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Thomas Payne.
(c) William Randolph Hearst.
(d) Thomas Mann Randolph Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
2. Like many Virginia aristocrats, what does Jefferson equate to land?
3. What does Jefferson become, very publicly, while an ambassador in France?
4. Who does Jefferson sometimes revile as a drunkard and sometimes as a wise, just ruler?
5. How long did Jeffersonians rule the nation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise operated?
2. Why does Martha force Jefferson to promise to never remarry?
3. What impression does Jefferson's arrival in Paris give the French?
4. What is known about Jefferson prior to his becoming a political figure?
5. Why does Jefferson hate Alexander Hamilton so much?
6. How is the relationship between Abigail Adams and Thomas Jefferson?
7. What two views of Jefferson's about King George III are incompatible?
8. Why might the audience have been too polite to discuss Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
9. What do Polly and her mother have in common?
10. What does Jefferson do with his companions once they arrive in France?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)