|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Patsy marry?
(a) Thomas Mann Randolph Jr.
(b) William Randolph Hearst.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Thomas Payne.
2. Why is Jefferson inconsolable and cries every night for six weeks?
(a) His daughter dies.
(b) His father dies.
(c) His mother dies.
(d) His wife dies.
3. With whom does Jefferson exchange a series of passionate love letters?
(a) Dolley Madison.
(b) Abigail Adams.
(c) Diana Cosway.
(d) Diana Ross.
4. What do both Franklin Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
(a) His views of isolationism.
(b) His opinion of the women's rights movement.
(c) His ideals in their very different ways of handling the Depression.
(d) His ideals in their very different opinions of prohibition.
5. Who is deeply in debt?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jefferson believe the war will last?
2. Regarding Sally Hemings, of what is Jefferson regularly accused?
3. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
4. Why do many men of Jefferson's time refuse to own slaves?
5. Why is little known about Jefferson's early history?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Jefferson's arrival in Paris give the French?
2. Why does Jefferson's plan to plant wheat fail?
3. Why might the audience have been too polite to discuss Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
4. What is Jefferson's ideal Utopian society?
5. Where is the relationship between Jefferson and Hemings a topic?
6. What story does Jefferson glamorize to benefit himself?
7. What happens to Virginia under Jefferson's guidance?
8. What are two of Jefferson's untruths in his pamphlets?
9. What is the author's opinion about Bill Clinton's behavior with Monica Lewinsky?
10. What are two central features of Jefferson's personality?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)