|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jefferson attend college?
(a) At the College of Wiliam and Mary.
(b) At New York University.
(c) At Oberlin College.
(d) At the University of Virginia.
2. How would one describe Jefferson's lifestyle?
3. What promise does Martha extract from Jefferson?
(a) A deathbed promise to not remarry.
(b) To go back to Philadelphia to be a member of the Continental Congress.
(c) To end his affair with Sally.
(d) To send his children to expensive boarding schools.
4. Like many Virginia aristocrats, what does Jefferson equate to land?
5. What does Jefferson owe English and Scottish firms?
(a) A legal agreement.
(b) 6,500 pounds.
(c) A pamphlet to advertise their firms.
(d) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Polly die?
2. What do many slave owners require of their slaves?
3. To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
4. Who does Jefferson refer to his slaves?
5. For what are Betty Hemings' grandchildren mistaken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Patsy and Polly have in common?
2. How does Jefferson receive advice from Abigail Adams while he is in France?
3. Why does Madison let Jefferson know that his name is being put forth as the Republican Party's candidate for president through coded letters?
4. Why does Jefferson's plan to plant wheat fail?
5. What story does Jefferson glamorize to benefit himself?
6. What are two of Jefferson's untruths in his pamphlets?
7. Why are the Hemingses allowed to live at Mulberry Row and work in the house?
8. How is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise operated?
9. What is Jefferson's ideal Utopian society?
10. Why does Jefferson hate Alexander Hamilton so much?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)