|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is Jefferson compared at an elaborate dinner party?
(a) A mime.
(b) A court jester.
(c) A non-English-speaking guest.
(d) A criminal.
2. Who first exposes Jefferson to a companionate marriage?
(a) George and Martha Washington.
(b) Ben and Debrah Franklin.
(c) John and Abigail Adams.
(d) James and Dolley Madison.
3. What does Jefferson study in college?
(b) Interpersonal Communications.
4. What does Jefferson idealize?
(a) The King of England.
5. How much does Jefferson believe the war will cost?
(a) $6 million.
(b) $3 million.
(c) $3 billion.
(d) $6 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jefferson inconsolable and cries every night for six weeks?
2. Who is raising Maria, known as Polly, Jefferson?
3. How does Jefferson arrive in Philadelphia for the first Continental Congress?
4. Who does Jefferson sometimes revile as a drunkard and sometimes as a wise, just ruler?
5. What is the end result of this planting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two central features of Jefferson's personality?
2. What impression does Jefferson's arrival in Paris give the French?
3. What three articles is he known for writing?
4. How does Jefferson speak about and treat his slaves?
5. Why does Jefferson hate Alexander Hamilton so much?
6. Why does Jefferson's plan to plant wheat fail?
7. Why might the author be surprised by the number of people who attend the evening devoted to Jefferson?
8. What do Polly and her mother have in common?
9. How does Martha Wales Jefferson die?
10. What is the author's opinion about Bill Clinton's behavior with Monica Lewinsky?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)