|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family is allowed to live at Mulberry Row?
(a) The Hemings family.
(b) His entire slave family.
(c) Those family members with dark skin.
(d) Jefferson's family.
2. Jefferson's nail-making laborer's are compared to what author's characters?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Charles Manson.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Charles Dickens.
3. What does Jefferson decide to plant in the place of tobacco?
4. With whom did Jefferson engage in vile public clashes?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Aaron Burr.
(c) James Madison.
(d) John Adams.
5. Who claims this president?
(a) His wife, Martha Wales.
(c) Liberals and conservatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jefferson know about some of the revisionist history he writes?
2. Like many Virginia aristocrats, what does Jefferson equate to land?
3. What affect does Jefferson's term as Governor of Virginia have on the state?
4. How long did Jeffersonians rule the nation?
5. When does Polly die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John Wales and Thomas Jefferson possibly have in common?
2. How does Martha Wales Jefferson die?
3. What are two central features of Jefferson's personality?
4. What is the author's opinion about Bill Clinton's behavior with Monica Lewinsky?
5. How is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise operated?
6. Why might the author be surprised by the number of people who attend the evening devoted to Jefferson?
7. How is the relationship between Abigail Adams and Thomas Jefferson?
8. What do Patsy and Polly have in common?
9. Why does Martha force Jefferson to promise to never remarry?
10. What is known about Jefferson prior to his becoming a political figure?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)