|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jefferson refer to his slaves?
(a) As his property.
(b) As the bane of his existence.
(c) As members of society.
(d) As his "extended family."
2. Who does Polly marry?
(a) John Smith.
(b) John Wales Eppes.
(c) Thomas Mann Randolph Jr.
(d) Thomas Payne.
3. Of what does Ellis feel it is unfair to accuse a man of Jefferson's time regarding women?
4. How many slaves does Jefferson own at this point in his life?
(a) Between 5 and 10.
(b) Between 100 and 200.
(c) Between 50 and 100.
(d) Between 10 and 20.
5. With whom did Jefferson engage in vile public clashes?
(a) Aaron Burr.
(b) John Adams.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What governmental position does Alexander Hamilton hold?
2. What does Jefferson know about some of the revisionist history he writes?
3. To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
4. How are Jefferson's political beliefs during those revolutionary times?
5. Besides slaves, what else does Jefferson inherit from his father-in-law's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the last two surviving Founding Fathers, and how are they treated?
2. Why is Jefferson's second term in office less successful than his first?
3. What do Patsy and Polly have in common?
4. How does Jefferson speak about and treat his slaves?
5. How is Jefferson's public speaking as president?
6. Why might it be possible that this affair took place?
7. What two views of Jefferson's about King George III are incompatible?
8. Why does Jefferson's plan to plant wheat fail?
9. What is the author's opinion about Bill Clinton's behavior with Monica Lewinsky?
10. How is the relationship between Abigail Adams and Thomas Jefferson?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)