|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what party does Jefferson become the leader in just a few years?
(a) The Independent Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Whig Party.
2. What does Abigail Adams provide Jefferson from London?
(a) A connection to King George III.
(b) Parenting advice.
(c) A connection with Parliament.
(d) Intimate female companionship.
3. What does the author find surprising about an evening devoted to Jefferson in 1993?
(a) 400 people attend, rather than the estimated 40.
(b) The audience has little respect for Jefferson as a president.
(c) 40 people attend, rather than the estimated 400.
(d) The audience is very argumentative about Jefferson's stand on slavery.
4. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
(a) To write persuasively.
(b) To have his work accepted.
(c) To write political pamphlets.
(d) To be edited.
5. Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity?
(d) Arguing his cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jefferson inconsolable and cries every night for six weeks?
2. Why is little known about Jefferson's early history?
3. What does Jefferson decide to plant in the place of tobacco?
4. Like many Virginia aristocrats, what does Jefferson equate to land?
5. What affect does Jefferson's term as Governor of Virginia have on the state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Jefferson's views of slavery at this point in his life?
2. What is the author's opinion about Bill Clinton's behavior with Monica Lewinsky?
3. Why might it be possible that this affair took place?
4. How does Jefferson spend his retirement?
5. Why does Ellis believe this affair is out of Jefferson's character?
6. What happens to Virginia under Jefferson's guidance?
7. What two decisions shape his entire life?
8. What happens between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton?
9. How is the relationship between Abigail Adams and Thomas Jefferson?
10. Why does Jefferson hate Alexander Hamilton so much?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)