|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franks think most of the soldiers are fighting for Iraq?
2. What month does the Iraq war begin?
3. Where did Saddam Hussein get his billions of dollars?
4. How long after 09/11 does Franks spend in planning meetings?
5. Where is Franks going when he sees the World Trade Centers collapse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Franks accused of in May 2002?
2. How does Franks decide the timeline for the initial attack on Iraq?
3. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
4. Why does Franks say they had to infiltrate Baghdad so quickly?
5. What is the purpose of Operation Anaconda?
6. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
7. What does Franks say is one of his biggest duties, and what does it entail?
8. How do the Joint Chiefs of Staff respond to Franks's plan?
9. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
10. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a number of sacrifices made by Franks and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who was most affected by these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 2
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
Essay Topic 3
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)