|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Franks when he tells the Generals to go to war?
2. Where does Franks meet with Special Ops leaders in March 2002?
3. How does the coalition begin the war?
4. What do Iraqi officials say they do not have in order to avoid a war?
5. What does the media call the first week of the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
2. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
3. What does Franks say the dynamic between Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld is?
4. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
5. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
6. What is the first target of the Iraq War, and what happens?
7. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
8. What does Franks say is one of his biggest duties, and what does it entail?
9. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
10. Why does Franks say they had to infiltrate Baghdad so quickly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks was deeply affected by the events on September 11. What are some of the reactions Franks had to this tragedy, and why was this so influential to his life?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)