|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Franks present his plan to President Bush?
2. When does Bush announce his plan to attack Iraq?
3. What does Franks say Saddam Hussein uses to stay in power?
4. Where does Franks take a tour with his wife in 2004?
5. What is the second plan Franks has for Iraq called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Franks say they had to infiltrate Baghdad so quickly?
2. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
3. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
4. What does Fahim demand to uphold his side of his plan?
5. What does Franks say is one of his biggest duties, and what does it entail?
6. How does President Bush respond to Franks's plan?
7. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
8. What is Franks accused of in May 2002?
9. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
10. What does Franks think about the removal of the Hussein regime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Franks's leadership style, and how did this affect his military career?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
Essay Topic 3
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)