|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the dust storm in March last?
2. Why does Franks retire when he does?
3. How many options for Iraq does Franks present?
4. What needs to land on an airport for Fahim's plan to work?
5. Whom does Bush declare war on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
2. What does Fahim demand to uphold his side of his plan?
3. How does President Bush respond to Franks's plan?
4. What evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction does the Coalition find?
5. What is the first target of the Iraq War, and what happens?
6. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
7. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
8. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
9. What is the purpose of Operation Anaconda?
10. Why does Franks not like the way the press refers to the enemy, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of sacrifices made by Franks and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who was most affected by these sacrifices?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)