|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Rumsfeld say Franks works for?
2. What is Phase II of Franks's plan?
3. What does Franks say to the Generals that starts the war?
4. What is the contingency of Iraq falling apart beyond retention called?
5. Whom does Franks blame for the fact that he does not know where the Al Qaeda camps are?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Franks not like the way the press refers to the enemy, and why?
2. What does Franks think about the removal of the Hussein regime?
3. What is the first target of the Iraq War, and what happens?
4. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
5. What does Franks say the dynamic between Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld is?
6. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
7. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
8. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
9. How do the Joint Chiefs of Staff respond to Franks's plan?
10. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Franks's leadership style, and how did this affect his military career?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Franks was deeply affected by the events on September 11. What are some of the reactions Franks had to this tragedy, and why was this so influential to his life?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)