|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Franks think will try to take advantage of the weakness caused by 09/11?
2. How long after 09/11 does Franks spend in planning meetings?
3. What month does the Iraq war begin?
4. What is Abu Ghraib?
5. Where is President Bush's ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
2. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
3. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
4. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
5. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
6. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
7. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
8. What evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction does the Coalition find?
9. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
10. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Franks learn from his time in Vietnam, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
Essay Topic 2
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
Essay Topic 3
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)