|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Powell think the attack on Iraq should be like?
2. What day do the Special Forces finally get into Afghanistan?
3. Why does Bush not write his own address about the Iraq War?
4. What does Franks say Saddam Hussein uses to stay in power?
5. Where is Franks going when he sees the World Trade Centers collapse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks say is one of his biggest duties, and what does it entail?
2. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
3. How does Franks decide the timeline for the initial attack on Iraq?
4. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
5. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
6. What does Franks do after the media disaster in March 2003?
7. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
8. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
9. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
10. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
Essay Topic 3
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)