|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which paper gets the information about the meeting Franks has with Special Ops leaders?
2. What does Franks want the added troops in Kuwait to pose as?
3. How much money does Fahim want every month?
4. What does the press label the enemy in Iraq?
5. Which branch of the military does Fahim want to keep fighting in his area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first target of the Iraq War, and what happens?
2. What is Franks accused of in May 2002?
3. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
4. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
5. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
6. What does Franks do after the media disaster in March 2003?
7. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
8. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
9. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
10. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was something Franks had to do often in his lifetime. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)