|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Franks spend Christmas 2001?
2. What does Franks think will win the wars of the future?
3. What day do the Special Forces finally get into Afghanistan?
4. How many days does it take for Afghanistan to be liberated?
5. What does Powell think the attack on Iraq should be like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
2. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
3. What does Franks think about the removal of the Hussein regime?
4. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
5. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
6. What does Franks say the dynamic between Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld is?
7. Why does Franks say they had to infiltrate Baghdad so quickly?
8. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
9. What does Franks do after the media disaster in March 2003?
10. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
Essay Topic 2
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is something Franks became well acquainted with in his military career. What are some of the most noteworthy examples of this, and how did these instances affect Franks's career?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)