|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the epilogue called?
2. Whom does Franks blame for the fact that he does not know where the Al Qaeda camps are?
3. What does the Coalition find that proves the threat of WMD is a real one?
4. What is the press emphasizing about the Iraq war?
5. What does Franks think will win the wars of the future?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
2. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
3. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
4. What was the media disaster of March 2003?
5. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
6. What is Franks accused of in May 2002?
7. How does Franks decide the timeline for the initial attack on Iraq?
8. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
9. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
10. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a number of sacrifices made by Franks and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who was most affected by these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 2
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)