|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the press emphasizing about the Iraq war?
2. What is the main fear about Iraq after Afghanistan is liberated?
3. Which branch of the military does Fahim want to keep fighting in his area?
4. Who writes the address for Bush to give to the nation about the war in Iraq?
5. How many troops does Franks say he will need in the Iraq war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
2. What is the purpose of Operation Anaconda?
3. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
4. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
5. What was the media disaster of March 2003?
6. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
7. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
8. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
9. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
10. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
Essay Topic 2
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)