|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Franks meet with Special Ops leaders in March 2002?
2. What day does Franks present his plan to President Bush?
3. Whom does Rumsfeld say Franks works for?
4. What is the first target of the war in Iraq?
5. Why does Bush not write his own address about the Iraq War?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Franks not like the way the press refers to the enemy, and why?
2. What does Franks say is one of his biggest duties, and what does it entail?
3. What was the media disaster of March 2003?
4. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
5. How does Franks decide the timeline for the initial attack on Iraq?
6. What does Franks say the dynamic between Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld is?
7. How do the Joint Chiefs of Staff respond to Franks's plan?
8. How does President Bush respond to Franks's plan?
9. What does Franks do after the media disaster in March 2003?
10. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was something Franks had to do often in his lifetime. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
Essay Topic 2
There were a number of sacrifices made by Franks and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who was most affected by these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)