|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks want the added troops in Kuwait to pose as?
2. What does Franks say about Bush's efforts?
3. Why does Franks not want the Joint Chiefs of Staff to hear his plan?
4. What kind of media does Franks want to report on the Iraq war?
5. Why does Bush not write his own address about the Iraq War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
2. What was the media disaster of March 2003?
3. How does Franks decide the timeline for the initial attack on Iraq?
4. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
5. What is Franks accused of in May 2002?
6. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
7. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
8. What is the purpose of Operation Anaconda?
9. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
10. What does Franks do after the media disaster in March 2003?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
Essay Topic 2
What did Franks learn from his time in Vietnam, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)