|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks tell the media he is trying to do in Iraq?
2. How long does the dust storm in March last?
3. What day does Franks present his plan to President Bush?
4. What do Iraqi officials say they do not have in order to avoid a war?
5. How long is Franks's private meeting with the president?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Franks say they had to infiltrate Baghdad so quickly?
2. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
3. Why does Franks not like the way the press refers to the enemy, and why?
4. What is the first target of the Iraq War, and what happens?
5. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
6. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
7. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
8. What does Franks think about the removal of the Hussein regime?
9. What is the purpose of Operation Anaconda?
10. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)