|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks think about as he flies over the battle space?
2. Where did Saddam Hussein get his billions of dollars?
3. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working well?
4. What does Franks say to the criticism from media who say the war is lasting too long?
5. Where do Baathist leaders take refuge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction does the Coalition find?
2. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
3. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
4. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
5. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
6. How do the Joint Chiefs of Staff respond to Franks's plan?
7. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
8. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
9. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
10. What does Fahim demand to uphold his side of his plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
Essay Topic 2
Franks and Rumsfeld were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
Essay Topic 3
Franks was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)