|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abu Ghraib?
2. What kind of media does Franks want to report on the Iraq war?
3. How many options for Iraq does Franks present?
4. What day do the Special Forces finally get into Afghanistan?
5. Whom does Rumsfeld say Franks works for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
2. What does Franks say is one of his biggest duties, and what does it entail?
3. What is Franks accused of in May 2002?
4. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
5. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
6. What does Fahim demand to uphold his side of his plan?
7. What does Franks say the dynamic between Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld is?
8. Why does Franks say they had to infiltrate Baghdad so quickly?
9. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
10. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Franks learn from his time in Vietnam, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)