|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main fear about Iraq after Afghanistan is liberated?
2. What does Powell think the attack on Iraq should be like?
3. What is the second plan Franks has for Iraq called?
4. Whom does Franks think will try to take advantage of the weakness caused by 09/11?
5. Who is rescued on April 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does President Bush respond to Franks's plan?
2. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
3. What does Franks do after the media disaster in March 2003?
4. How do the Joint Chiefs of Staff respond to Franks's plan?
5. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
6. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
7. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
8. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
9. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
10. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Pride is a very basic and obvious trait of Franks. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these two traits appear? Are they benefits or burdens to Franks in his career?
Essay Topic 3
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)