|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day do the Special Forces finally get into Afghanistan?
2. What do the Iraqis call large dust storms?
3. Whom does Franks get to tell him which targets to order?
4. What does Franks want the added troops in Kuwait to pose as?
5. How does the coalition begin the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Franks decide the timeline for the initial attack on Iraq?
2. How does President Bush respond to Franks's plan?
3. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
4. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
5. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
6. What does Franks do after the media disaster in March 2003?
7. What does Fahim demand to uphold his side of his plan?
8. What is Franks accused of in May 2002?
9. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
10. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)