|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phase II of Franks's plan?
2. What does the press label the enemy in Iraq?
3. What angers Franks about the war after 2003?
4. Where is President Bush's ranch?
5. What day does Franks present his plan to President Bush?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
2. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
3. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
4. What does Franks say the dynamic between Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld is?
5. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
6. Why does Franks say they had to infiltrate Baghdad so quickly?
7. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
8. How do the Joint Chiefs of Staff respond to Franks's plan?
9. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
10. What evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction does the Coalition find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was something Franks had to do often in his lifetime. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)