|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Saddam Hussein get his billions of dollars?
2. How long is Franks's private meeting with the president?
3. What kind of media does Franks want to report on the Iraq war?
4. What does Franks think would take men out of the Iraq army quickly?
5. What did the Coalition use to attack Baghdad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Franks accused of in May 2002?
2. What is the first target of the Iraq War, and what happens?
3. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
4. How does President Bush respond to Franks's plan?
5. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
6. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
7. How do the Joint Chiefs of Staff respond to Franks's plan?
8. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
9. What evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction does the Coalition find?
10. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
Essay Topic 3
Franks endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)