|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does it take for Afghanistan to be liberated?
2. How many options for Iraq does Franks present?
3. What day does Franks present his plan to President Bush?
4. What is the contingency of Iraq falling apart beyond retention called?
5. Where is Franks when he tells the Generals to go to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
2. Why does Franks not like the way the press refers to the enemy, and why?
3. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
4. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
5. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
6. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
7. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
8. How do the Joint Chiefs of Staff respond to Franks's plan?
9. What does Franks do after the media disaster in March 2003?
10. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
How did Franks find out he was adopted, and how did this early experience shape his life and his relationship with his parents?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)