|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day do the Special Forces finally get into Afghanistan?
2. What did Franks think of the removal of the Hussein regime?
3. Whom does Franks think will try to take advantage of the weakness caused by 09/11?
4. What does the press label the enemy in Iraq?
5. Who is thought to be at the first target of the Iraq war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the media disaster of March 2003?
2. Why does Franks not like the way the press refers to the enemy, and why?
3. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
4. What evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction does the Coalition find?
5. What does Fahim demand to uphold his side of his plan?
6. What is the first target of the Iraq War, and what happens?
7. Why does Franks say they had to infiltrate Baghdad so quickly?
8. How does President Bush respond to Franks's plan?
9. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working?
10. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Franks was deeply affected by the events on September 11. What are some of the reactions Franks had to this tragedy, and why was this so influential to his life?
Essay Topic 3
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)