|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Franks make his narrow boots fit him?
2. How many soldiers die in Franks's first ambush?
3. What month does Franks return home from Vietnam?
4. How many people live in the Middle East in 2000?
5. What bothers Franks when he returns from Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
2. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
3. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
4. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
5. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
6. What happened on Franks's first day in the 'Basket Case'?
7. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
8. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
9. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
10. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was something Franks had to do often in his lifetime. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)