|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which president does Franks work for in the prologue?
2. What does Franks say Clarke is good at?
3. How does Franks get the men into order when he is in charge of the 'basket case'?
4. How long does it take the First Cavalry to cover one hundred-ninety miles?
5. Who is in charge of Operation Knight Strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Army start using GPS for?
2. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
3. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
4. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
5. What does Operation Desert Fox involve?
6. How does Franks describe Antila?
7. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
8. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
9. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
10. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
Essay Topic 2
Franks was deeply affected by the events on September 11. What are some of the reactions Franks had to this tragedy, and why was this so influential to his life?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)