|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks destroy when he first orders his artillery to fire?
2. How much of the world's oil is in the Middle East in 2000?
3. How does Franks write the prologue of this book?
4. How old was Tommy when he moved to Texas?
5. What does Franks say Clarke is good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franks learn about his adoption?
2. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
3. What does the Army start using GPS for?
4. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
5. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
6. How does Franks describe Antila?
7. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
8. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
9. What is the main worry during the meeting held by President Bush on March 19?
10. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)