|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word slows down the response time of Infantry Officers in Vietnam?
2. What is the name of Franks's first Staff Sergeant?
3. What is Richard Clarke's profession?
4. What were Franks's interests in high school?
5. What day does the president Franks works for declare war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on Franks's first day in the 'Basket Case'?
2. What does President Bush do on March 19?
3. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
4. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
5. What does Franks do when he visits Australia?
6. What is the main worry during the meeting held by President Bush on March 19?
7. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
8. What is Franks's response to the question asked of him by President Bush during the important meeting on March 19?
9. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
10. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of sacrifices made by Franks and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who was most affected by these sacrifices?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)