|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the world's oil is in the Middle East in 2000?
2. Who is the vice president when war is declared?
3. In what part of his body does Franks get shot?
4. What is Franks's training after Basic Training based on?
5. How does Franks feel about being told he will never be a high-ranking officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goal making habit does Franks use when he is stationed in Germany?
2. What does the Army start using GPS for?
3. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
4. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
5. What happened on Franks's first day in the 'Basket Case'?
6. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
7. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
8. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
9. What kind of vehicles did Franks own while he was in High School?
10. What does President Bush do on March 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 2
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of sacrifices made by Franks and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who was most affected by these sacrifices?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)