|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What council is present when the president declares war?
2. Which of the following people is NOT present when the president Franks works for declares war?
3. What made Franks's college grades suffer?
4. In what month are Franks and Cathy married?
5. Where do the Vietcong go for their refuge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
2. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
3. What question does President Bush ask his military leaders during the important meeting on March 19?
4. What did Tommy plan to do after High School?
5. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
6. What does Franks do when he visits Australia?
7. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
8. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
9. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
10. What goal making habit does Franks use when he is stationed in Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
Essay Topic 2
Pride is a very basic and obvious trait of Franks. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these two traits appear? Are they benefits or burdens to Franks in his career?
Essay Topic 3
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)