|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tommy's parents make him do when he went skinny dipping in a pond?
2. What was the name of Franks's father?
3. What day does the president Franks works for declare war?
4. What are the president's last words when he declares war?
5. Where do the Vietcong go for their refuge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
2. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
3. How did Franks learn about his adoption?
4. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
5. Who is Lizard?
6. What does Operation Desert Fox involve?
7. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
8. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
9. What does the Army start using GPS for?
10. What is the main worry during the meeting held by President Bush on March 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is something Franks became well acquainted with in his military career. What are some of the most noteworthy examples of this, and how did these instances affect Franks's career?
Essay Topic 2
Franks was deeply affected by the events on September 11. What are some of the reactions Franks had to this tragedy, and why was this so influential to his life?
Essay Topic 3
Franks endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)