|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation refuses to comply with the United Nations inspections?
2. How does Franks get the men into order when he is in charge of the 'basket case'?
3. What is Moseley's first name?
4. Why did Franks think blacks needed separate schools?
5. Which president does Franks work for in the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lizard?
2. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
3. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
4. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
5. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
6. What does President Bush do on March 19?
7. What is Franks's response to the question asked of him by President Bush during the important meeting on March 19?
8. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
9. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
10. What goal making habit does Franks use when he is stationed in Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is something Franks became well acquainted with in his military career. What are some of the most noteworthy examples of this, and how did these instances affect Franks's career?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)