|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the president Franks works for declare war?
2. How does Franks get the men into order when he is in charge of the 'basket case'?
3. How old was Tommy when he moved to Texas?
4. Where does Franks spend his Christmas in 1990?
5. What does Franks do at his first GI Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
2. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
3. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
4. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
5. How did Franks learn about his adoption?
6. What kind of vehicles did Franks own while he was in High School?
7. What is the main worry during the meeting held by President Bush on March 19?
8. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
9. What did Tommy plan to do after High School?
10. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was something Franks had to do often in his lifetime. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Franks endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)