|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks do when he gets upset with a soldier in the 'basket case'?
2. How does Franks make his narrow boots fit him?
3. Where was the USS Cole when it was bombed?
4. Where do the Vietcong go for their refuge?
5. What organization did Franks's father get involved with for Franks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does President Bush do on March 19?
2. What happened on Franks's first day in the 'Basket Case'?
3. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
4. How does Franks describe Antila?
5. What did Tommy plan to do after High School?
6. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
7. What does Franks do when he visits Australia?
8. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
9. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
10. What does the Army start using GPS for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is something Franks became well acquainted with in his military career. What are some of the most noteworthy examples of this, and how did these instances affect Franks's career?
Essay Topic 3
How did Franks find out he was adopted, and how did this early experience shape his life and his relationship with his parents?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)