|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks do when he gets upset with a soldier in the 'basket case'?
2. What does Franks train to be after Basic Training?
3. Why did Franks think Mexicans needed separate schools?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Frank learns about the men in his unit?
5. Which college did Franks attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Thunder Rain, and how well does it work?
2. What does the Army start using GPS for?
3. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
4. What question does President Bush ask his military leaders during the important meeting on March 19?
5. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
6. What is the first target of the Iraq War, and what happens?
7. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
8. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
9. How does Franks decide the timeline for the initial attack on Iraq?
10. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
Essay Topic 1
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
Essay Topic 3
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)