|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tommy when he moved to Stratford?
2. What did Tommy steal money for when he was young?
3. Which president does Franks work for in the prologue?
4. How many men are killed when the USS Cole is bombed?
5. What organization did Franks's father get involved with for Franks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Franks's response to the question asked of him by President Bush during the important meeting on March 19?
2. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
3. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
4. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
5. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
6. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
7. What is the main worry during the meeting held by President Bush on March 19?
8. What does Franks do when he visits Australia?
9. Who is Lizard?
10. What does the Army start using GPS for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pride is a very basic and obvious trait of Franks. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these two traits appear? Are they benefits or burdens to Franks in his career?
Essay Topic 2
What was Franks's leadership style, and how did this affect his military career?
Essay Topic 3
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)