|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks study when he goes back to college?
2. What did Franks say about the Smart Bombs?
3. Which president does Franks work for in the prologue?
4. What bothers Franks when he returns from Vietnam?
5. What is the title of the third chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goal making habit does Franks use when he is stationed in Germany?
2. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
3. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
4. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
5. What is Franks's response to the question asked of him by President Bush during the important meeting on March 19?
6. How does Franks describe Antila?
7. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
8. What does Operation Desert Fox involve?
9. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
10. What does Franks do when he visits Australia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
Essay Topic 2
Franks was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
Essay Topic 3
Franks was deeply affected by the events on September 11. What are some of the reactions Franks had to this tragedy, and why was this so influential to his life?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)