|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks train to be after Basic Training?
2. How old was Tommy when he moved to Stratford?
3. What do Smart Bombs use to track their targets?
4. What military rank does Moseley hold?
5. What are the president's last words when he declares war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
2. What question does President Bush ask his military leaders during the important meeting on March 19?
3. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
4. How does Franks describe Antila?
5. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
6. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
7. What is Franks's response to the question asked of him by President Bush during the important meeting on March 19?
8. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
9. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
10. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 2
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was something Franks had to do often in his lifetime. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)