|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Desert Storm War last?
2. What causes Franks to receive death threats?
3. What is Franks's training after Basic Training based on?
4. What military rank does Moseley hold?
5. What word slows down the response time of Infantry Officers in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Operation Desert Fox involve?
2. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
3. What did Tommy plan to do after High School?
4. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
5. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
6. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
7. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
8. Who is Lizard?
9. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
10. How does Franks describe Antila?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Franks's leadership style, and how did this affect his military career?
Essay Topic 2
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of sacrifices made by Franks and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who was most affected by these sacrifices?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)