|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Franks learn to shoot straight?
2. How much of the world's oil is in the Middle East in 2000?
3. What was the name of Franks's father?
4. What branch of the military did Franks's father work for?
5. What month does Franks get to Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks do when he visits Australia?
2. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
3. What is the main worry during the meeting held by President Bush on March 19?
4. What is the purpose of Operation Anaconda?
5. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
6. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
7. What happened on Franks's first day in the 'Basket Case'?
8. What is Franks accused of in May 2002?
9. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
10. What does President Bush do on March 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks and Rumsfeld were two men who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic personalities.
Essay Topic 2
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
Essay Topic 3
What did Franks learn from his time in Vietnam, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)