|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Franks feel about being told he will never be a high-ranking officer?
2. Who is the vice president when war is declared?
3. What is the name of Franks's first Staff Sergeant?
4. What does Franks do at his first GI Party?
5. What was the name of Franks's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
2. What does President Bush do on March 19?
3. What kind of vehicles did Franks own while he was in High School?
4. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
5. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
6. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
7. What did Tommy plan to do after High School?
8. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
9. What does Franks do when he visits Australia?
10. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks was involved in a few different wars during his lifetime. How did these wars differ from each other, and what lessons did he learn from each experience?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
Essay Topic 3
What did Franks learn from his time in Vietnam, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)