|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the expression used when automatic weapons are fired from the unprotected sides of the base?
2. What month does Franks get to Vietnam?
3. Who is in charge of Operation Knight Strike?
4. Which of the following countries is NOT included in Desert Storm?
5. What day does the president Franks works for declare war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
2. What is Franks's response to the question asked of him by President Bush during the important meeting on March 19?
3. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
4. What does the Army start using GPS for?
5. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
6. What does Operation Desert Fox involve?
7. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
8. What goal making habit does Franks use when he is stationed in Germany?
9. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
10. How did Franks learn about his adoption?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is something Franks became well acquainted with in his military career. What are some of the most noteworthy examples of this, and how did these instances affect Franks's career?
Essay Topic 2
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
Essay Topic 3
What did Franks learn from his time in Vietnam, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)