|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Iraqis expect American troops to travel during Desert Storm?
2. What council is present when the president declares war?
3. Whom did Franks's father say caused WWII?
4. What does Franks do at his first GI Party?
5. What does the Army rely on in the case of the Cold War going hot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks say is one of his biggest duties, and what does it entail?
2. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
3. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
4. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
5. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
6. What does President Bush do on March 19?
7. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
8. What question does President Bush ask his military leaders during the important meeting on March 19?
9. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
10. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks was deeply affected by the events on September 11. What are some of the reactions Franks had to this tragedy, and why was this so influential to his life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Franks find out he was adopted, and how did this early experience shape his life and his relationship with his parents?
Essay Topic 3
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)