|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks do at his first GI Party?
2. What branch of the military does Tommy join?
3. What state was Franks born in?
4. Where did Franks learn to shoot straight?
5. What organization did Franks's father get involved with for Franks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Franks's response to the question asked of him by President Bush during the important meeting on March 19?
2. What does the Army start using GPS for?
3. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
4. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
5. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
6. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
7. What does President Bush do on March 19?
8. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
9. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
10. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was something Franks had to do often in his lifetime. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Franks endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)