|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Franks get to the CENTCOM station?
2. What are the president's last words when he declares war?
3. What does Franks train to be after Basic Training?
4. What month does Franks get to Vietnam?
5. What did Tommy's parents make him do when he went skinny dipping in a pond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Operation Desert Fox involve?
2. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
3. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
4. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
5. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
6. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
7. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
8. What does the Army start using GPS for?
9. What does Franks do when he visits Australia?
10. What happened on Franks's first day in the 'Basket Case'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 2
Franks described a number of his intricate plans for the military. What were some of these plans, and how were they received?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was something Franks had to do often in his lifetime. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)