|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fraternity did Franks join in college?
2. What did Tommy steal money for when he was young?
3. What question does the president ask Franks when he declares war?
4. What does Franks do at his first GI Party?
5. What did Franks's father say about men who went to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
2. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
3. What evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction does the Coalition find?
4. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
5. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
6. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
7. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
8. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
9. What does Franks say is one of his biggest duties, and what does it entail?
10. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
Essay Topic 1
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 2
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of sacrifices made by Franks and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who was most affected by these sacrifices?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)