|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of Operation Knight Strike?
2. What made Franks's college grades suffer?
3. What is Richard Clarke's profession?
4. What were Franks's interests in high school?
5. Where do the Vietcong go for their refuge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goal making habit does Franks use when he is stationed in Germany?
2. What question does President Bush ask his military leaders during the important meeting on March 19?
3. What does Operation Desert Fox involve?
4. How did Franks learn about his adoption?
5. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
6. What kind of vehicles did Franks own while he was in High School?
7. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
8. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
9. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
10. How does Franks describe Antila?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 2
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)