|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trouble does Franks encounter while the president is declaring war?
2. Where is Franks when the president he works for declares war?
3. Which of the following countries is NOT included in Desert Storm?
4. What does Franks say Clarke is good at?
5. What branch of the military does Tommy join?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
2. How did Franks learn about his adoption?
3. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
4. What does the Army start using GPS for?
5. What kind of vehicles did Franks own while he was in High School?
6. Who is Lizard?
7. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
8. What happened on Franks's first day in the 'Basket Case'?
9. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
10. What does President Bush do on March 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
Essay Topic 3
Pride is a very basic and obvious trait of Franks. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these two traits appear? Are they benefits or burdens to Franks in his career?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)