|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college did Franks attend?
2. What kind of battery is Franks in control of after his college graduation?
3. How old was Tommy when he moved to Stratford?
4. What is the expression used when automatic weapons are fired from the unprotected sides of the base?
5. How does Franks make his narrow boots fit him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Franks describe Antila?
2. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
3. What goal making habit does Franks use when he is stationed in Germany?
4. What is the main worry during the meeting held by President Bush on March 19?
5. What do Franks and the leader of Pakistan talk about?
6. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
7. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
8. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
9. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
10. What happened on Franks's first day in the 'Basket Case'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
Essay Topic 2
Franks endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What did Franks learn from his time in Vietnam, and how did these lessons affect the remainder of his life?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)