|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks destroy when he first orders his artillery to fire?
2. How much of the world's oil is in the Middle East in 2000?
3. What branch of the military did Franks's father work for?
4. What is Franks's training after Basic Training based on?
5. What was the name of Franks's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
2. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
3. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
4. What does Franks think would take men out of the enemy army?
5. What does Franks say about the WMD in the last chapter?
6. What does Franks think about the removal of the Hussein regime?
7. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
8. What is the purpose of Operation Anaconda?
9. What does Franks say the dynamic between Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld is?
10. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
Essay Topic 1
There were a number of sacrifices made by Franks and the people around him. What are some examples of this, and who was most affected by these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
How did Franks's relationship with Cathy change over the course of his life? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of his life?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)