|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franks learn he was adopted?
2. What occupation did Franks's father hold when he was in the military?
3. What branch of the military does Tommy join?
4. What month does Franks get to Vietnam?
5. What is Richard Clarke's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
2. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
3. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
4. What does President Bush do on March 19?
5. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
6. What does the Army start using GPS for?
7. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
8. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
9. How did Franks learn about his adoption?
10. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age are two ideas that are addressed in many places of this history. Where do these ideas appear, and how do they work together to change Franks's life?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
What was the relationship like between Franks and President Bush, and how did this relationship change over the course of the war?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)