|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franks think his parents are so racist?
2. How did Franks learn he was adopted?
3. In what month does Franks get to the CENTCOM station?
4. Where does Franks spend his Christmas in 1990?
5. What is Franks's training after Basic Training based on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Franks's response to the question asked of him by President Bush during the important meeting on March 19?
2. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
3. Where does Franks's daughter get married?
4. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
5. What happened on Franks's first day in the 'Basket Case'?
6. How did Franks learn about his adoption?
7. What goal making habit does Franks use when he is stationed in Germany?
8. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
9. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
10. What did Tommy plan to do after High School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franks rubbed shoulders with many different important political figures. Who were some of the most influential leaders to him, and how did his associations with them affect his career?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was something Franks had to do often in his lifetime. What are some of the examples of this in the book, and how did it affect the people involved in those decisions?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different locations. Describe some of these settings and how they affected Franks. Why might Tommy Franks have chosen these particular places and events to share in his memoirs?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)