|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Franks retire when he does?
(a) His wife asks him to.
(b) He does not want to oversee Phase IV.
(c) Rumsfeld resigns.
(d) He feels he has done his duty.
2. What is the contingency of Iraq falling apart beyond retention called?
(a) Tragic Success.
(b) The Point of No Return.
(d) Catastrophic Success.
3. How does Franks feel about watching the high tech weapons destroy their targets?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is alarmed.
(c) He feels vindicated.
(d) He is happy.
4. What day do the Special Forces finally get into Afghanistan?
(a) November 19.
(b) November 9.
(c) October 29.
(d) October 19.
5. Where is Franks going when he sees the World Trade Centers collapse?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Iraqis call large dust storms?
2. What happens to villagers when they pick up the air dropped rations?
3. What does Franks think about as he flies over the battle space?
4. What month does the Iraq war begin?
5. What date is the 2002 State of the Union address given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks say happens to Rumsfeld when Franks is out of town?
2. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
3. What does Franks do in Qatar before starting the initial attack on Iraq?
4. What is the first target of the Iraq War, and what happens?
5. How does President Bush respond to Franks's plan?
6. Why does Franks not like the way the press refers to the enemy, and why?
7. How does Franks say he leads his Generals in Iraq?
8. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
9. Why does Franks not want to present his plan to the Join Chiefs of Staff?
10. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)