|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many troops does Franks say he will need in the Iraq war?
2. What does Franks think about as he flies over the battle space?
(a) His other war experiences.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) His promise to the president.
(d) The men who are dying.
3. What date is the 2002 State of the Union address given?
(a) February 9.
(b) February 19.
(c) January 19.
(d) January 29.
4. What does the press label the enemy in Iraq?
(b) Young men.
5. What day do the Special Forces finally get into Afghanistan?
(a) November 9.
(b) October 29.
(c) October 19.
(d) November 19.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the president say he will react to terrorism in his State of the Union address?
2. What do the Fedayeen use as shields?
3. What does Franks tell the media he is trying to do in Iraq?
4. How does the coalition begin the war?
5. Whom does Franks think will try to take advantage of the weakness caused by 09/11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Franks so eager to get into the heartland of Afghanistan?
2. What does Franks do when his wife visits Afghanistan with him?
3. What evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction does the Coalition find?
4. What kinds of concerns were raised when the plans for the Iraq war were started?
5. What is discussed about what will happen to Iraq after the war is over?
6. What does Franks do after the media disaster in March 2003?
7. What does Franks say is one of his biggest duties, and what does it entail?
8. What are the phases of Franks's plan to defeat terrorism?
9. How does President Bush respond to Franks's plan?
10. What was the media disaster of March 2003?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)