|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment did Tommy receive when he stole money?
(a) His gun was given away.
(b) He was whipped.
(c) He had to work to repay the money.
(d) He was grounded.
2. How long does it take the First Cavalry to cover one hundred-ninety miles?
(a) Thirty-three hours.
(b) Forty-three hours.
(c) Thirteen hours.
(d) Twenty-three hours.
3. Why did Franks think Mexicans needed separate schools?
(a) They spoke Spanish.
(b) They did not like white kids.
(c) They were not as smart.
(d) They ate different food.
4. Where does Franks spend his Christmas in 1990?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
5. Where do the Vietcong go for their refuge?
(a) The jungle cover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Iraqis expect American troops to travel during Desert Storm?
2. Which nation refuses to comply with the United Nations inspections?
3. What bothers Franks when he returns from Vietnam?
4. Which of the following countries is NOT included in Desert Storm?
5. How old was Tommy when he moved to Texas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
2. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
3. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
4. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
5. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
6. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
7. What did Tommy plan to do after High School?
8. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
9. What does Franks do when he visits Australia?
10. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)