|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Franks return home from Vietnam?
2. Which of the following people is NOT present when the president Franks works for declares war?
(a) Al Gore.
(b) Condoleeza Rice.
(c) Donald Rumsfeld.
(d) Colin Powell.
3. What fraternity did Franks join in college?
(a) Phi Kappa Theta.
(b) Delta Upsilon.
(c) Alpha Chi Rho.
(d) Phi Gamma Epsilon.
4. Where do the Iraqis expect American troops to travel during Desert Storm?
(a) The Canal.
(b) The Wadi.
(c) The Persian Gulf.
(d) The Israeli Pass.
5. What does Franks realize when he is promoted to General?
(a) There is distance between him and his men.
(b) He misses the menial jobs.
(c) He is not as respected as he thought he would be.
(d) The job is easier than he expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Franks's interests in high school?
2. What does Franks destroy when he first orders his artillery to fire?
3. What organization did Franks's father get involved with for Franks?
4. How much of the world's oil is in the Middle East in 2000?
5. Why did Franks think Mexicans needed separate schools?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
2. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
3. Who is Lizard?
4. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
5. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
6. What question does President Bush ask his military leaders during the important meeting on March 19?
7. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
8. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
9. What does the Army start using GPS for?
10. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)