|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franks say is more important than brute force?
2. What occupation did Franks's father hold when he was in the military?
3. How long does the Desert Storm War last?
(a) Two hundred days.
(b) One hundred-fifty days.
(c) One hundred days.
(d) Fifty days.
4. What did Franks say about the Smart Bombs?
(a) They are too complicated.
(b) They are like something from the future.
(c) They are a waste of funding.
(d) They are clever, but not smart.
5. Where did Franks learn to shoot straight?
(a) Basic training.
(c) The farm.
(d) High school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Franks feel about being told he will never be a high-ranking officer?
2. Where is Franks when the president he works for declares war?
3. How did Franks learn he was adopted?
4. What is the expression used when automatic weapons are fired from the unprotected sides of the base?
5. Which Middle Eastern country is a training ground for terrorists in 2000?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main worry during the meeting held by President Bush on March 19?
2. What did Tommy plan to do after High School?
3. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
4. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
5. What does the Army start using GPS for?
6. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
7. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
8. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
9. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
10. What does President Bush do on March 19?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)