|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Army rely on in the case of the Cold War going hot?
(a) Insider information.
(b) Strength of numbers.
(c) Air raids.
(d) Nuclear missiles.
2. Which of the following people is NOT present when the president Franks works for declares war?
(a) Al Gore.
(b) Donald Rumsfeld.
(c) Condoleeza Rice.
(d) Colin Powell.
3. Whom did Franks's father say caused WWII?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) Greedy Americans.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Jews.
4. What branch of the military does Tommy join?
(c) Air Force.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Frank learns about the men in his unit?
(a) A fact about their family.
(b) Their education.
(c) Their first name.
(d) Their hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main fear when the president declares war?
2. What word slows down the response time of Infantry Officers in Vietnam?
3. How old was Tommy when he moved to Texas?
4. What were Franks's interests in high school?
5. What does Franks study when he goes back to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
2. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
3. What kind of vehicles did Franks own while he was in High School?
4. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
5. What does President Bush do on March 19?
6. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
7. Who is Lizard?
8. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
9. What did Tommy plan to do after High School?
10. What does Operation Desert Fox involve?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)