|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main fear when the president declares war?
(a) That the enemy will use nuclear weapons.
(b) That it will cause a tax burden.
(c) That the American people will not like this.
(d) That they are targeting the wrong people.
2. What state was Franks born in?
3. What does Franks use his own money to buy for his unit?
(a) Sniping glasses.
(b) CB radios.
(c) Ammunition belts.
(d) Kevlar vests.
4. Where do the Iraqis expect American troops to travel during Desert Storm?
(a) The Israeli Pass.
(b) The Canal.
(c) The Wadi.
(d) The Persian Gulf.
5. What year does the president Franks works for declare war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Franks's father say caused WWII?
2. What does Franks do when he gets upset with a soldier in the 'basket case'?
3. How does Franks communicate with the president when war is declared?
4. What trouble does Franks encounter while the president is declaring war?
5. Where does Franks's unit sleep during his Vietnam tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
2. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
3. What embarrassed Franks about his family when he was a teenager?
4. What happens when Franks gets arrogant on his first day of target practice in Officer School?
5. Why is Egypt such a dangerous area in 1997?
6. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
7. What does the Army start using GPS for?
8. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
9. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
10. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)