|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Franks think his parents are so racist?
(a) They had bad parents.
(b) They were raised in the South.
(c) They are uneducated.
(d) The school system taught them this.
2. Which of the following countries is NOT included in Desert Storm?
3. Why did Tommy's parents move to Austin?
(a) To be near Lorene's parents.
(b) To spend more time with Tommy.
(c) So Ray can get a job.
(d) So Tommy can live at home.
4. What does Franks do at his first GI Party?
(a) Clean latrines.
(b) Learn the rules of war.
(c) Do push ups.
(d) Study Vietnam.
5. What do Smart Bombs use to track their targets?
(a) Visual sightings.
(b) Radial beacons.
(c) Satellite images.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franks use his own money to buy for his unit?
2. What did Franks say he felt for the men he was with in Vietnam?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Frank learns about the men in his unit?
4. What are the president's last words when he declares war?
5. How many people live in the Middle East in 2000?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of vehicles did Franks own while he was in High School?
2. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
3. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
4. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
5. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
6. What does the Army start using GPS for?
7. What does Franks say he thinks the next big al Qaeda target is?
8. Who is present at the important meeting on March 19?
9. What is the main worry during the meeting held by President Bush on March 19?
10. What happened when Franks attended the Armed Forces Staff College?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)