|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franks do when he gets upset with a soldier in the 'basket case'?
(a) Strikes him.
(b) Strips his rank.
(c) Sends him home.
(d) Puts him on the front lines.
2. What did Franks say about the Smart Bombs?
(a) They are a waste of funding.
(b) They are clever, but not smart.
(c) They are too complicated.
(d) They are like something from the future.
3. What month does Franks return home from Vietnam?
4. Who is the vice president when war is declared?
(a) Al Gore.
(b) Bob Dole.
(c) Dick Cheney.
(d) Dan Quail.
5. What bothers Franks when he returns from Vietnam?
(a) The ignorance about Vietnam.
(b) The lack of information from the front lines.
(c) The anti-military feelings.
(d) The bad feelings towards the president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Franks's interests in high school?
2. Why did Franks think Mexicans needed separate schools?
3. Why did Tommy's parents move to Austin?
4. What military rank does Moseley hold?
5. What does Franks destroy when he first orders his artillery to fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does President Bush ask his military leaders during the important meeting on March 19?
2. How does Franks describe Antila?
3. What kind of experience does Franks find at his Officer's Training School?
4. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
5. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
6. What is Franks's response to the question asked of him by President Bush during the important meeting on March 19?
7. What does President Bush do on March 19?
8. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
9. How does Franks feel about his time in the Army when he is about to head to his first tour in Vietnam?
10. What kind of vehicles did Franks own while he was in High School?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)