|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which president does Franks work for in the prologue?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) George W. Bush.
(d) George H. W. Bush.
2. What does the Army rely on in the case of the Cold War going hot?
(a) Air raids.
(b) Strength of numbers.
(c) Nuclear missiles.
(d) Insider information.
3. How does Franks feel about being told he will never be a high-ranking officer?
(a) It was meant for someone else.
(b) It was a compliment.
(c) It was a slap in the face.
(d) It was something he already knew.
4. What branch of the military does Tommy join?
(d) Air Force.
5. What does Franks realize when he is promoted to General?
(a) The job is easier than he expected.
(b) He is not as respected as he thought he would be.
(c) There is distance between him and his men.
(d) He misses the menial jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Franks when he returns from Vietnam?
2. Who does the president Franks works for declare war on?
3. How long does it take the First Cavalry to cover one hundred-ninety miles?
4. What does Franks do when he gets upset with a soldier in the 'basket case'?
5. Who greets Franks when he wakes up after being wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the New Army, and why was it instituted?
2. How does President Bush include his military leaders in the important meeting on March 19?
3. What does the Army start using GPS for?
4. What happens when Franks meets Cathy?
5. What is Franks's relationship like with the leader of Pakistan?
6. Where is Franks assigned after he is wounded?
7. What does Franks say about Donald Rumsfeld?
8. How did Franks learn about his adoption?
9. What did Franks's mother say when Franks asked her about his adoption?
10. Why did Tommy think Mexicans and blacks needed separate schools?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)