|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second plan Franks has for Iraq called?
2. Where did Saddam Hussein get his billions of dollars?
(a) He stole it from the United Nations.
(b) He taxed his people heavily.
(c) He owns and operates gold and copper mines.
(d) He owned a large percentage of the oil rigs.
3. What do the Iraqis call large dust storms?
4. Where does Franks spend Christmas 2001?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In a military tent.
(d) In the Saudi Arabian palace.
5. What does the media call the first week of the war?
(a) Merciless Justice.
(b) Bomb and Destroy.
(c) Shock and Awe.
(d) Destruction for Peace.
6. What does Franks say will NOT win the wars of the future?
(a) National Armies.
(b) Strategic Units.
7. Whom does Franks think will try to take advantage of the weakness caused by 09/11?
(a) Al Qaeda.
(b) Saddam Hussein.
(d) Osama bin Laden.
8. Whom does Rumsfeld say Franks works for?
(b) The President.
(c) The General.
(d) The American People.
9. What does Franks tell the media he is trying to do in Iraq?
(a) Transform it.
(b) Free it.
(c) Crush it.
(d) Disarm it.
10. What did the Coalition use to attack Baghdad?
(c) Smart Bombs.
(d) Air raids.
11. What is the name of a very important double agent?
(a) April Fool.
(b) Fool boy.
(c) Fool Me Once.
(d) Fool's Errand.
12. What month does the Iraq war begin?
13. How many phases does Franks's plan have?
14. What does Franks say about Bush's efforts?
(a) He did what he thought was best.
(b) He was easily led.
(c) He did the right thing.
(d) He made hard decisions.
15. What does Franks say Saddam Hussein uses to stay in power?
(a) Extreme force.
(b) His family name and past success.
(c) Flattery and low taxes.
(d) Large promises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Baathist leaders take refuge?
2. What does Franks think will win the wars of the future?
3. How much money does Fahim want every month?
4. What does Franks think about as he flies over the battle space?
5. How long does the dust storm in March last?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)