|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many phases does Franks's plan have?
2. What day does Franks present his plan to President Bush?
(a) September 27.
(b) October 4.
(c) September 20.
(d) October 11.
3. Where did Saddam Hussein get his billions of dollars?
(a) He owned a large percentage of the oil rigs.
(b) He taxed his people heavily.
(c) He stole it from the United Nations.
(d) He owns and operates gold and copper mines.
4. Which of these words does Franks NOT use to describe Osama bin Laden?
5. What does the press label the enemy in Iraq?
(d) Young men.
6. How many days does it take for Afghanistan to be liberated?
7. What does Franks say will NOT win the wars of the future?
(c) National Armies.
(d) Strategic Units.
8. What is Saddam's paramilitary force called?
(a) Tigers of Saddam.
(b) Saddam's Martyrs.
(c) Angels of Saddam.
(d) Saddam's Point Guard.
9. What does Franks say to the criticism from media who say the war is lasting too long?
(a) Success can't follow schedules.
(b) You don't know all the facts.
(c) Obstacles are being overcome.
(d) Wars take time.
10. How does Franks feel about watching the high tech weapons destroy their targets?
(a) He is alarmed.
(b) He feels vindicated.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is happy.
11. What happens to villagers when they pick up the air dropped rations?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) They are shot by al Qaeda.
(c) They get trampled.
(d) They step on land mines.
12. What angers Franks about the war after 2003?
(a) Larger assaults have not been launched.
(b) Bin Laden is not dead.
(c) Men are still dying.
(d) America has not pulled out yet.
13. How does the coalition begin the war?
(a) Naval movements.
(b) Information leakage.
(c) Ground attacks.
(d) Air strikes.
14. What is Phase II of Franks's plan?
(a) Eliminate al Qaeda.
(b) Build a coalition in the area.
(c) Initial combat operations.
(d) Humanitarian work with the citizens.
15. Who writes the address for Bush to give to the nation about the war in Iraq?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Fedayeen use as shields?
2. What does the important double agent do for America?
3. What does Franks want the added troops in Kuwait to pose as?
4. What is the press emphasizing about the Iraq war?
5. What question does Franks ask President Mussharaf?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)