|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Franks not want the Joint Chiefs of Staff to hear his plan?
(a) It will confuse and scare them.
(b) They are not military men.
(c) They will turn it down.
(d) It will leak to the press.
2. When does Bush announce his plan to attack Iraq?
(a) September 11.
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Flag Day.
(d) Veterans Day.
3. What is the name of a very important double agent?
(a) Fool boy.
(b) Fool Me Once.
(c) April Fool.
(d) Fool's Errand.
4. What does Franks say about Bush's efforts?
(a) He did the right thing.
(b) He did what he thought was best.
(c) He was easily led.
(d) He made hard decisions.
5. What did Franks think of the removal of the Hussein regime?
(a) It was done too quickly.
(b) It was the right thing to do.
(c) It was not replaced well.
(d) It was not wisely done.
6. What did the Coalition use to attack Baghdad?
(b) Smart Bombs.
(c) Air raids.
7. What does Franks say to the Generals that starts the war?
(a) Do what you have been sent there to do.
(b) Our freedom must be protected, men. Do what you must.
(c) Accomplish the mission and protect the force.
(d) Take down the terrorists, protect the people.
8. Who is rescued on April 2?
(a) Jennifer Lund.
(b) Jessica Lynch.
(c) Jeremy Lemming.
(d) Joshua Larsen.
9. What does Franks want the added troops in Kuwait to pose as?
(b) Training camps.
(c) Peace time officials.
(d) Guards and police officials.
10. How long after 09/11 does Franks spend in planning meetings?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
11. What angers Franks about the war after 2003?
(a) America has not pulled out yet.
(b) Bin Laden is not dead.
(c) Men are still dying.
(d) Larger assaults have not been launched.
12. What is Phase II of Franks's plan?
(a) Initial combat operations.
(b) Eliminate al Qaeda.
(c) Build a coalition in the area.
(d) Humanitarian work with the citizens.
13. What question does Franks ask President Mussharaf?
(a) Can we use Pakistan as a refuge?
(b) Are your troops ready to engage?
(c) Where is bin Laden?
(d) Will you support us?
14. What day does Franks present his plan to President Bush?
(a) September 20.
(b) September 27.
(c) October 4.
(d) October 11.
15. What does the press label the enemy in Iraq?
(b) Young men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the press emphasizing about the Iraq war?
2. What does Franks tell the media he is trying to do in Iraq?
3. How often does Rumsfeld speak to Franks when the war begins?
4. What do Iraqi officials say they do not have in order to avoid a war?
5. Who writes the address for Bush to give to the nation about the war in Iraq?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)