|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Franks ask President Mussharaf?
(a) Will you support us?
(b) Can we use Pakistan as a refuge?
(c) Where is bin Laden?
(d) Are your troops ready to engage?
2. What date is the 2002 State of the Union address given?
(a) February 9.
(b) January 19.
(c) February 19.
(d) January 29.
3. What does Franks tell the media he is trying to do in Iraq?
(a) Disarm it.
(b) Transform it.
(c) Free it.
(d) Crush it.
4. What does the media call the first week of the war?
(a) Merciless Justice.
(b) Destruction for Peace.
(c) Bomb and Destroy.
(d) Shock and Awe.
5. How many troops does Franks say he will need in the Iraq war?
6. Whom does Rumsfeld say Franks works for?
(a) The General.
(b) The American People.
(d) The President.
7. What did Franks think of the removal of the Hussein regime?
(a) It was not replaced well.
(b) It was the right thing to do.
(c) It was not wisely done.
(d) It was done too quickly.
8. What does Franks think would take men out of the Iraq army quickly?
(b) Large scale attacks.
(c) Money and food to sustain them.
(d) Job opportunities.
9. How long does the dust storm in March last?
(a) Forty-eight hours.
(b) Seventy-two hours.
(c) Twenty-four hours.
(d) Ninety-six hours.
10. Where does Franks take a tour with his wife in 2004?
11. What does the important double agent do for America?
(a) Gives America the Iraq movement plans.
(b) Draws out plans of Saddam Hussein's palaces.
(c) Secretly kills the officials one at a time.
(d) Gives Iraq bogus top secret files.
12. Which of these words does Franks NOT use to describe Osama bin Laden?
13. What month does the Iraq war begin?
14. Why does Franks give Selah bad information about American plans?
(a) He talks with Saddam Hussein.
(b) He harbors terrorists.
(c) He has not been cleared for confidential information.
(d) He is a known maker of WMD.
15. What is Phase II of Franks's plan?
(a) Initial combat operations.
(b) Humanitarian work with the citizens.
(c) Build a coalition in the area.
(d) Eliminate al Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day do the Special Forces finally get into Afghanistan?
2. What does Franks want the added troops in Kuwait to pose as?
3. What country does Abdullah Selah lead?
4. How does Franks feel when Rumsfeld calls him constantly with questions about the Iraqi plan?
5. Why does Franks retire when he does?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)