|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franks say to the Generals that starts the war?
(a) Do what you have been sent there to do.
(b) Our freedom must be protected, men. Do what you must.
(c) Take down the terrorists, protect the people.
(d) Accomplish the mission and protect the force.
2. What did the Coalition find evidence of when they searched for WMD?
(a) They had been dismantled.
(b) They had been moved.
(c) They had been fired.
(d) They had been preparing to build them.
3. What does Franks say to the criticism from media who say the war is lasting too long?
(a) You don't know all the facts.
(b) Obstacles are being overcome.
(c) Success can't follow schedules.
(d) Wars take time.
4. What does Franks tell the media he is trying to do in Iraq?
(a) Transform it.
(b) Disarm it.
(c) Crush it.
(d) Free it.
5. What does Franks say will NOT win the wars of the future?
(a) Strategic Units.
(d) National Armies.
6. Which branch of the military does Fahim want to keep fighting in his area?
(d) Air Force.
7. What happens to villagers when they pick up the air dropped rations?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) They are shot by al Qaeda.
(c) They get trampled.
(d) They step on land mines.
8. Where does Franks take a tour with his wife in 2004?
9. What kind of war does Bush say he is waging with Iraq?
10. What is Phase II of Franks's plan?
(a) Humanitarian work with the citizens.
(b) Eliminate al Qaeda.
(c) Build a coalition in the area.
(d) Initial combat operations.
11. What does Franks say Saddam Hussein uses to stay in power?
(a) Large promises.
(b) Extreme force.
(c) Flattery and low taxes.
(d) His family name and past success.
12. Why does Bush not write his own address about the Iraq War?
(a) He has other speeches to write.
(b) He wants the address to be as factual as possible.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He does not want to give away important information.
13. What date is the 2002 State of the Union address given?
(a) January 29.
(b) January 19.
(c) February 9.
(d) February 19.
14. Which of these words does Franks NOT use to describe Osama bin Laden?
15. How many options for Iraq does Franks present?
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does the Iraq war begin?
2. What is Saddam's paramilitary force called?
3. How many days does it take for Afghanistan to be liberated?
4. What question does Franks ask President Mussharaf?
5. Who is thought to be at the first target of the Iraq war?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)