|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to villagers when they pick up the air dropped rations?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) They step on land mines.
(c) They are shot by al Qaeda.
(d) They get trampled.
2. What does the media call the first week of the war?
(a) Shock and Awe.
(b) Merciless Justice.
(c) Bomb and Destroy.
(d) Destruction for Peace.
3. What did the Coalition use to attack Baghdad?
(c) Air raids.
(d) Smart Bombs.
4. What is Jim Wilkinson's occupation?
(a) Public Relations Expert.
(c) Media Official.
5. How long does the dust storm in March last?
(a) Ninety-six hours.
(b) Forty-eight hours.
(c) Seventy-two hours.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
6. What is Abu Ghraib?
(a) A school.
(b) An army base.
(c) A prison.
(d) A palace.
7. Which paper gets the information about the meeting Franks has with Special Ops leaders?
(a) Chicago Sun.
(b) Washington Post.
(c) New York Times.
(d) L.A. Times.
8. What does Franks tell the media he is trying to do in Iraq?
(a) Disarm it.
(b) Transform it.
(c) Free it.
(d) Crush it.
9. What does Powell think the attack on Iraq should be like?
(a) Cautious, but Bold.
(b) Soft and Warned.
(c) Strong and forceful.
10. What did the Coalition find evidence of when they searched for WMD?
(a) They had been preparing to build them.
(b) They had been moved.
(c) They had been dismantled.
(d) They had been fired.
11. Where is Franks when he tells the Generals to go to war?
(a) New York.
12. Where is Franks going when he sees the World Trade Centers collapse?
(b) New York.
13. What does Franks say Saddam Hussein uses to stay in power?
(a) His family name and past success.
(b) Large promises.
(c) Extreme force.
(d) Flattery and low taxes.
14. Why does Franks not want the Joint Chiefs of Staff to hear his plan?
(a) They are not military men.
(b) They will turn it down.
(c) It will confuse and scare them.
(d) It will leak to the press.
15. What does Franks do when Rumsfeld says nothing is working well?
(a) Presents a new plan.
(b) Tells him to be patient.
(c) Admits defeat.
(d) Offers to resign.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many options for Iraq does Franks present?
2. Which branch of the military does Fahim want to keep fighting in his area?
3. What does Franks say to the Generals that starts the war?
4. What did Franks think of the removal of the Hussein regime?
5. Who writes the address for Bush to give to the nation about the war in Iraq?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)