Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Franks make his narrow boots fit him?
(a) Soaks them in hot water.
(b) Stretches them.
(c) Binds his feet.
(d) Puts them in a freezer.
2. What is Franks's training after Basic Training based on?
3. What does Franks destroy when he first orders his artillery to fire?
(a) 400 meters of empty jungle.
(b) A retired Howitzer.
(c) 200 enemy guns.
(d) A latrine unit.
4. What did Franks say about the Smart Bombs?
(a) They are clever, but not smart.
(b) They are a waste of funding.
(c) They are like something from the future.
(d) They are too complicated.
5. Which of the following countries is NOT included in Desert Storm?
6. What is Richard Clarke's profession?
(a) Counter terrorism specialist.
(c) Crypto analyst.
(d) Peace talker.
7. How old was Tommy when he moved to Texas?
8. What does the Army rely on in the case of the Cold War going hot?
(a) Strength of numbers.
(b) Air raids.
(c) Nuclear missiles.
(d) Insider information.
9. What was the name of Franks's mother?
10. Who does the president Franks works for declare war on?
11. What is General Schwarzkopf's first name?
12. What does Franks find in the latrines that makes him sick?
(b) Dead rats.
(c) Body parts.
(d) Bloody stools.
13. What does Franks say Clarke is good at?
(a) Seeing both sides of an issue.
(c) Solving problems.
(d) Presenting problems.
14. What does Franks study when he goes back to college?
(d) Military Intelligence.
15. Whom does the press blame for the USS Cole bombings?
(a) Al Qaeda.
(b) The Armed Services.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Franks's college grades suffer?
2. What were Franks's interests in high school?
3. What year did the Cold War end?
4. How does Franks get the men into order when he is in charge of the 'basket case'?
5. What do Smart Bombs use to track their targets?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)