|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fraternity did Franks join in college?
(a) Phi Kappa Theta.
(b) Phi Gamma Epsilon.
(c) Delta Upsilon.
(d) Alpha Chi Rho.
2. Where did Franks learn to shoot straight?
(a) High school.
(c) The farm.
(d) Basic training.
3. What does the Army rely on in the case of the Cold War going hot?
(a) Strength of numbers.
(b) Insider information.
(c) Nuclear missiles.
(d) Air raids.
4. What does Franks say Clarke is good at?
(a) Seeing both sides of an issue.
(c) Solving problems.
(d) Presenting problems.
5. What branch of the military did Franks's father work for?
(d) Air Force.
6. Who gives Franks a tour of his CENTCOM region?
(a) His predecessor in the area.
(b) Saddam Hussein's cousin.
(c) Tony Zinni.
(d) The Crown Prince on Saudi Arabia.
7. What bothers Franks when he returns from Vietnam?
(a) The ignorance about Vietnam.
(b) The lack of information from the front lines.
(c) The anti-military feelings.
(d) The bad feelings towards the president.
8. What branch of the military does Tommy join?
(a) Air Force.
9. Where is Franks when the president he works for declares war?
(b) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
10. Which of the following people is NOT present when the president Franks works for declares war?
(a) Donald Rumsfeld.
(b) Colin Powell.
(c) Condoleeza Rice.
(d) Al Gore.
11. What question does the president ask Franks when he declares war?
(a) If he has what he needs to win.
(b) If they have any good plans.
(c) If they need more assistance.
(d) If he agrees with the declaration of war.
12. In what month does Franks get to the CENTCOM station?
13. Why did Tommy's parents move to Austin?
(a) So Ray can get a job.
(b) So Tommy can live at home.
(c) To be near Lorene's parents.
(d) To spend more time with Tommy.
14. What is the title of the third chapter?
(a) The Crucible.
(c) The Trial.
15. What does Franks say is more important than brute force?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Iraqis expect American troops to travel during Desert Storm?
2. What is the war declared by the president called?
3. How does Franks write the prologue of this book?
4. What did Tommy steal money for when he was young?
5. Who does the president Franks works for declare war on?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)