|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Franks a tour of his CENTCOM region?
(a) His predecessor in the area.
(b) Saddam Hussein's cousin.
(c) Tony Zinni.
(d) The Crown Prince on Saudi Arabia.
2. What does Franks do when he gets upset with a soldier in the 'basket case'?
(a) Strikes him.
(b) Sends him home.
(c) Puts him on the front lines.
(d) Strips his rank.
3. What does Franks study when he goes back to college?
(d) Military Intelligence.
4. What fraternity did Franks join in college?
(a) Phi Gamma Epsilon.
(b) Alpha Chi Rho.
(c) Delta Upsilon.
(d) Phi Kappa Theta.
5. What is the name of Franks's first Staff Sergeant?
6. In what month are Franks and Cathy married?
7. How many men are killed when the USS Cole is bombed?
8. What does the Army rely on in the case of the Cold War going hot?
(a) Strength of numbers.
(b) Nuclear missiles.
(c) Air raids.
(d) Insider information.
9. Where does Franks's unit sleep during his Vietnam tour?
(a) The jungle.
(b) Fox holes.
(c) Nylon tents.
10. How does Franks make his narrow boots fit him?
(a) Puts them in a freezer.
(b) Stretches them.
(c) Soaks them in hot water.
(d) Binds his feet.
11. Who is the vice president when war is declared?
(a) Dan Quail.
(b) Dick Cheney.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Bob Dole.
12. What bothers Franks when he returns from Vietnam?
(a) The lack of information from the front lines.
(b) The ignorance about Vietnam.
(c) The bad feelings towards the president.
(d) The anti-military feelings.
13. What were Franks's interests in high school?
(a) Girls and cars.
(b) Sports and friends.
(c) Money and Traveling.
(d) Fighting and Eating.
14. What branch of the military does Tommy join?
(b) Air Force.
15. How many soldiers die in Franks's first ambush?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Smart Bombs use to track their targets?
2. What is the war declared by the president called?
3. What military rank does Moseley hold?
4. What is Franks's first name?
5. How does Franks write the prologue of this book?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)