|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard Clarke's profession?
(a) Crypto analyst.
(c) Counter terrorism specialist.
(d) Peace talker.
2. What fraternity did Franks join in college?
(a) Alpha Chi Rho.
(b) Delta Upsilon.
(c) Phi Kappa Theta.
(d) Phi Gamma Epsilon.
3. What made Franks's college grades suffer?
(b) His trouble with reading.
(c) His overloaded schedule.
(d) His girlfriend.
4. What is the name of Franks's first Staff Sergeant?
5. What does Franks train to be after Basic Training?
(a) Security guard.
(d) Air Traffic controller.
6. What does Franks study when he goes back to college?
(b) Military Intelligence.
7. Which Middle Eastern country is a training ground for terrorists in 2000?
8. Who is the vice president when war is declared?
(a) Bob Dole.
(b) Al Gore.
(c) Dan Quail.
(d) Dick Cheney.
9. What bothers Franks when he returns from Vietnam?
(a) The anti-military feelings.
(b) The lack of information from the front lines.
(c) The ignorance about Vietnam.
(d) The bad feelings towards the president.
10. What does Franks say Clarke is good at?
(a) Presenting problems.
(b) Solving problems.
(d) Seeing both sides of an issue.
11. Why did Tommy's parents move to Austin?
(a) To be near Lorene's parents.
(b) So Ray can get a job.
(c) So Tommy can live at home.
(d) To spend more time with Tommy.
12. In what part of his body does Franks get shot?
(a) The shoulder.
(b) The arm.
(c) The back.
(d) The leg.
13. What is the war declared by the president called?
(a) War on Terror.
(b) Operation Iraqi Freedom.
(c) Defense of the Terrorists.
(d) Serbian Assault.
14. Which of the following countries is NOT included in Desert Storm?
15. What does Franks find in the latrines that makes him sick?
(a) Bloody stools.
(b) Dead rats.
(c) Body parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Franks's unit sleep during his Vietnam tour?
2. What does Franks do when he gets upset with a soldier in the 'basket case'?
3. Which of the following people is NOT present when the president Franks works for declares war?
4. What council is present when the president declares war?
5. Who is in charge of Operation Knight Strike?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)