|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the vice president when war is declared?
(a) Dan Quail.
(b) Dick Cheney.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Bob Dole.
2. What punishment did Tommy receive when he stole money?
(a) He had to work to repay the money.
(b) He was whipped.
(c) He was grounded.
(d) His gun was given away.
3. What does Franks use his own money to buy for his unit?
(a) Ammunition belts.
(b) CB radios.
(c) Kevlar vests.
(d) Sniping glasses.
4. What do Smart Bombs use to track their targets?
(a) Visual sightings.
(c) Satellite images.
(d) Radial beacons.
5. What year does the president Franks works for declare war?
6. How did Franks learn he was adopted?
(a) He found his birth certificate.
(b) His mother told him.
(c) He overheard his parents talking about it.
(d) His birth father found him.
7. How many soldiers die in Franks's first ambush?
8. What day does the president Franks works for declare war?
(a) March 29.
(b) March 19.
(c) May 29.
(d) May 19.
9. What made Franks's college grades suffer?
(b) His overloaded schedule.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His trouble with reading.
10. How many men are killed when the USS Cole is bombed?
11. In what month does Franks get to the CENTCOM station?
12. In what part of his body does Franks get shot?
(a) The back.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The arm.
(d) The leg.
13. Where do the Iraqis expect American troops to travel during Desert Storm?
(a) The Persian Gulf.
(b) The Canal.
(c) The Wadi.
(d) The Israeli Pass.
14. Which nation refuses to comply with the United Nations inspections?
15. What does Franks realize when he is promoted to General?
(a) He misses the menial jobs.
(b) There is distance between him and his men.
(c) The job is easier than he expected.
(d) He is not as respected as he thought he would be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Franks to receive death threats?
2. What did Tommy's parents make him do when he went skinny dipping in a pond?
3. Who gives Franks a tour of his CENTCOM region?
4. What is Moseley's first name?
5. What does Franks say is more important than brute force?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)