|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Franks get the men into order when he is in charge of the 'basket case'?
(a) Harsh discipline.
(b) Rewards and punishments.
(c) Monetary bribes.
2. What day does the president Franks works for declare war?
(a) May 19.
(b) March 29.
(c) May 29.
(d) March 19.
3. What state was Franks born in?
4. What does the Army rely on in the case of the Cold War going hot?
(a) Insider information.
(b) Air raids.
(c) Nuclear missiles.
(d) Strength of numbers.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Frank learns about the men in his unit?
(a) Their education.
(b) A fact about their family.
(c) Their first name.
(d) Their hometown.
6. Which nation refuses to comply with the United Nations inspections?
7. Which of the following people is NOT present when the president Franks works for declares war?
(a) Donald Rumsfeld.
(b) Al Gore.
(c) Condoleeza Rice.
(d) Colin Powell.
8. What is the main fear when the president declares war?
(a) That the enemy will use nuclear weapons.
(b) That it will cause a tax burden.
(c) That they are targeting the wrong people.
(d) That the American people will not like this.
9. What is General Schwarzkopf's first name?
10. What month does Franks return home from Vietnam?
11. How many people live in the Middle East in 2000?
(a) Five billion.
(b) Two billion.
(c) Two million.
(d) Five million.
12. What did Franks say about the Smart Bombs?
(a) They are like something from the future.
(b) They are a waste of funding.
(c) They are clever, but not smart.
(d) They are too complicated.
13. What question does the president ask Franks when he declares war?
(a) If he agrees with the declaration of war.
(b) If they need more assistance.
(c) If he has what he needs to win.
(d) If they have any good plans.
14. What word slows down the response time of Infantry Officers in Vietnam?
15. What was the name of Franks's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers die in Franks's first ambush?
2. What is Moseley's first name?
3. Where does Franks's unit sleep during his Vietnam tour?
4. Where did Franks learn to shoot straight?
5. Where do the Iraqis expect American troops to travel during Desert Storm?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)