|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Tommy when he moved to Stratford?
2. What occupation did Franks's father hold when he was in the military?
3. What year does the president Franks works for declare war?
4. Where do the Vietcong go for their refuge?
(b) The jungle cover.
5. What branch of the military does Tommy join?
(d) Air Force.
6. How does Franks write the prologue of this book?
7. How much of the world's oil is in the Middle East in 2000?
8. What does the Army rely on in the case of the Cold War going hot?
(a) Air raids.
(b) Nuclear missiles.
(c) Strength of numbers.
(d) Insider information.
9. What is Franks's training after Basic Training based on?
10. What did Tommy steal money for when he was young?
(a) A BB gun.
(b) A back pack.
(c) A book.
(d) New shoes.
11. What is Franks's first name?
12. In what month does Franks get to the CENTCOM station?
13. What is Moseley's first name?
14. Where did Franks learn to shoot straight?
(a) The farm.
(b) High school.
(d) Basic training.
15. What are the president's last words when he declares war?
(a) May this mission bless the nation.
(b) May God uphold the righteous.
(c) May God bless our troops.
(d) May the troops stay bold and courageous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Franks get the men into order when he is in charge of the 'basket case'?
2. Whom does the press blame for the USS Cole bombings?
3. What does Franks destroy when he first orders his artillery to fire?
4. Where does Franks move in 1973?
5. Why did Franks think Mexicans needed separate schools?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)