|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation refuses to comply with the United Nations inspections?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Frank learns about the men in his unit?
(a) Their first name.
(b) A fact about their family.
(c) Their education.
(d) Their hometown.
3. Why did Franks think blacks needed separate schools?
(a) They were not as smart.
(b) They spoke differently.
(c) They did not like white kids.
(d) They ate different food.
4. How does Franks feel about being told he will never be a high-ranking officer?
(a) It was something he already knew.
(b) It was a slap in the face.
(c) It was a compliment.
(d) It was meant for someone else.
5. What state was Franks born in?
6. What is the name of Franks's first Staff Sergeant?
7. What does Franks study when he goes back to college?
(b) Military Intelligence.
8. What month does Franks return home from Vietnam?
9. What does Franks do at his first GI Party?
(a) Do push ups.
(b) Study Vietnam.
(c) Clean latrines.
(d) Learn the rules of war.
10. What does Franks do when he gets upset with a soldier in the 'basket case'?
(a) Puts him on the front lines.
(b) Sends him home.
(c) Strips his rank.
(d) Strikes him.
11. Who does Franks think planned the attack on the USS Cole?
(a) Peace keepers.
(b) Al Qaeda.
(c) Saddam Hussein.
(d) Hindu fanatics.
12. Why did Tommy's parents move to Austin?
(a) To spend more time with Tommy.
(b) So Ray can get a job.
(c) So Tommy can live at home.
(d) To be near Lorene's parents.
13. What does Franks destroy when he first orders his artillery to fire?
(a) A retired Howitzer.
(b) A latrine unit.
(c) 200 enemy guns.
(d) 400 meters of empty jungle.
14. Which of the following countries is NOT included in Desert Storm?
15. How does Franks make his narrow boots fit him?
(a) Puts them in a freezer.
(b) Binds his feet.
(c) Stretches them.
(d) Soaks them in hot water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the president's last words when he declares war?
2. What day does the president Franks works for declare war?
3. How does Franks write the prologue of this book?
4. What organization did Franks's father get involved with for Franks?
5. What trouble does Franks encounter while the president is declaring war?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)