|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Vietcong go for their refuge?
(d) The jungle cover.
2. What year does the president Franks works for declare war?
3. In what month are Franks and Cathy married?
4. What question does the president ask Franks when he declares war?
(a) If they need more assistance.
(b) If he has what he needs to win.
(c) If they have any good plans.
(d) If he agrees with the declaration of war.
5. Which college did Franks attend?
(a) Oklahoma State.
(b) University of Texas.
(d) Brown University.
6. What did Franks's father say about men who went to jail?
(a) They deserved it.
(b) They need help.
(c) They were not raised right.
(d) They did what they had to do.
7. What is the title of the third chapter?
(a) The Crucible.
(d) The Trial.
8. Who gives Franks a tour of his CENTCOM region?
(a) His predecessor in the area.
(b) The Crown Prince on Saudi Arabia.
(c) Tony Zinni.
(d) Saddam Hussein's cousin.
9. What did Tommy steal money for when he was young?
(a) A BB gun.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A book.
(d) A back pack.
10. What does Franks study when he goes back to college?
(a) Military Intelligence.
11. Which nation refuses to comply with the United Nations inspections?
12. Which of the following countries is NOT included in Desert Storm?
13. What does Franks say is more important than brute force?
14. What does Franks destroy when he first orders his artillery to fire?
(a) 200 enemy guns.
(b) 400 meters of empty jungle.
(c) A latrine unit.
(d) A retired Howitzer.
15. What did Franks say he felt for the men he was with in Vietnam?
(a) Familial bond.
(b) Emotion beyond duty.
(c) An obligatory affection.
(d) A stab of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in the Middle East in 2000?
2. What is the main fear when the president declares war?
3. What state was Franks born in?
4. Who is in charge of Operation Knight Strike?
5. What is the name of Franks's first Staff Sergeant?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)