|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment did Tommy receive when he stole money?
(a) He had to work to repay the money.
(b) He was whipped.
(c) He was grounded.
(d) His gun was given away.
2. What is the name of Franks's first Staff Sergeant?
3. How does Franks get the men into order when he is in charge of the 'basket case'?
(a) Monetary bribes.
(b) Harsh discipline.
(c) Rewards and punishments.
4. What is General Schwarzkopf's first name?
5. What did Franks's father say about men who went to jail?
(a) They deserved it.
(b) They did what they had to do.
(c) They were not raised right.
(d) They need help.
6. Why did Franks think blacks needed separate schools?
(a) They spoke differently.
(b) They ate different food.
(c) They were not as smart.
(d) They did not like white kids.
7. What was the name of Franks's mother?
8. Who is the vice president when war is declared?
(a) Bob Dole.
(b) Dan Quail.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Dick Cheney.
9. How does Franks feel about being told he will never be a high-ranking officer?
(a) It was meant for someone else.
(b) It was something he already knew.
(c) It was a compliment.
(d) It was a slap in the face.
10. How many soldiers die in Franks's first ambush?
11. How old was Tommy when he moved to Texas?
12. What is the expression used when automatic weapons are fired from the unprotected sides of the base?
(a) Hour of Intimidation.
(b) Threat Enhancement.
(c) Mad Minute.
(d) Training Operative.
13. What does Franks do at his first GI Party?
(a) Clean latrines.
(b) Learn the rules of war.
(c) Do push ups.
(d) Study Vietnam.
14. What was the name of Franks's father?
15. How old was Tommy when he moved to Stratford?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Franks's first name?
2. What does Franks do when he gets upset with a soldier in the 'basket case'?
3. What is Franks's training after Basic Training based on?
4. What does Franks find in the latrines that makes him sick?
5. What were Franks's interests in high school?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)