• Franks is present when George W. Bush declares war on Iraq on March 19, 2003.
• George Bush meets with his Council of National Security in D.C. and meets with his military leaders by video feed.
• Bush asks if the military leaders have what they need to succeed. They say they do.
• They are all concerned about the possibility of Iraq having nuclear weapons, but Bush declares war anyway.
• Franks gets frustrated when his video feed of the meeting goes down.
Part 1, Chapter 1
• Frank was born in Oklahoma and was adopted by Ray and Lorene Franks. Franks's biggest influence was his father.
• Ray was a mechanic in the Air Force. He then made a living as a jack-of-all-trades. He worked from home and was a scoutmaster for Tommy.
• Franks found out he was adopted by accident. He found his birth certificate. His mother affirmed this, but never talked about...
This section contains 2,784 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)