• Franks is present when George W. Bush declares war on Iraq on March 19, 2003.
• George Bush meets with his Council of National Security in D.C. and meets with his military leaders by video feed.
• Bush asks if the military leaders have what they need to succeed. They say they do.
• They are all concerned about the possibility of Iraq having nuclear weapons, but Bush declares war anyway.
• Franks gets frustrated when his video feed of the meeting goes down.
Part 1, Chapter 1
• Frank was born in Oklahoma and was adopted by Ray and Lorene Franks. Franks's biggest influence was his father.
• Ray was a mechanic in the Air Force. He then made a living as a jack-of-all-trades. He worked from home and was a scoutmaster for Tommy.
• Franks found out he was adopted by accident. He found his birth certificate. His mother affirmed this, but never talked about...
This section contains 2,572 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)