|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday does the fisherman take his son and nephew out into the water to shoot ducks?
(c) Independence Day.
2. Where does Billy stab the young woman, causing a terrible scar?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her arms.
3. From what country is "The General" in the story "Redemption?
4. How far does David carry his father on his back after accidentally shooting him in the leg?
(a) Four miles.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Six miles.
5. In the story "The Lover of Horses," what does the narrator's family do for a living?
(a) They are horse whisperers.
(b) They are horse trainers.
(c) They are horse breeders.
(d) They are horse wranglers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the young boy die in the story "Murderers"?
2. What is the name of Leo Finkle's wife?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ozzy makes the spectators admit while standing on the roof?
4. According to myth, what bait can a man use to catch fish from the water of the Cove in the story "Water Liars"?
5. What is the name of Jack Hawthorne's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't roommates Henry and Osmond get along in the story "The Christian Roommates"?
2. What happens when the monkey goes wild aboard the ship in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
3. What type of relationship does the narrator have with her dead son in the story "Dream Children"?
4. Why does the rabbi call the young boys "Murderers!" in the story of the same name?
5. How does the fisherman die in the story "The Ledge"?
6. What type of obsessions affect the narrator's family in "The Lover of Horses"?
7. How does the monkey die in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
8. What lie did James tell his fellow bus riders in the story "The Liar"?
9. Why doesn't the grandmother want to go on vacation with her family in the story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"?
10. How does the narrator react when her father falls ill in "The Lover of Horses"?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)