|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Jancy's possessions is her father obsessed with in the story "The Heavenly Animal"?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her motorcycle.
(d) Her books.
2. Which of his family members does Gil set up on a date with Ile?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His cousin.
3. When David finally reaches a doctor with his father, how long has his father already been dead?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) One day.
4. From what country is "The General" in the story "Redemption?
5. With whom is the narrator having problems at the time he escapes to the cove in "Water Liars"?
(a) His boss.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe Connie in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
2. Which of the following boys is NOT present in the story "Murderers"?
3. What color are the monkey's eyes in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
4. What did the narrator's mother most love about the narrator's father in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
5. What color is the fur the monkey covered with in "Letters from the Samantha"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ozzy demand of his spectators in the story "The Conversation of the Jews"?
2. How did the older woman in "The Story of a Scar" get the scar on her face?
3. What type of hunting experience does the fisherman and his boys have in the story "The Ledge"?
4. How does the fisherman die in the story "The Ledge"?
5. Who is Arnold Friend in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
6. How does the monkey die in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
7. Why don't roommates Henry and Osmond get along in the story "The Christian Roommates"?
8. What instrument does Jack Hawthorne learn to play in the story "Redemption," and why?
9. In the story "The Misfits," how does Gay Langland feel about relationships?
10. What strains threaten to ruin the marriage of Leroy Moffitt and Norma Jean in the story "Shiloh"?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)