|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the wife's children feel when all her husbands are home together in the story "The Used-Boys Raisers"?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are angry.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Arnold Friend's relationship with Connie?
3. In the story "The Liar," in what country does James say he works with young children?
4. How far does David carry his father on his back after accidentally shooting him in the leg?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Four miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Six miles.
5. In the story "Ile Forest," what does Gil do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way that Dale Carter attempts to deal with his grief after his son dies?
2. In "The Christian Roommates," which of the following facts about Henry is NOT true in the story?
3. How does the young boy die in the story "Murderers"?
4. What does the narrator's father hope to accomplish by playing cards in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
5. In "The Ledge," which of the following adjectives would the wife use to describe her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of hunting experience does the fisherman and his boys have in the story "The Ledge"?
2. How does the grandmother react when face-to-face with the killer she read about in the newspapers?
3. Who is Arnold Friend in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
4. Why does Gil make his way to Galven's house in the story "Ile's Forest," and what is his greeting there?
5. What type of obsessions affect the narrator's family in "The Lover of Horses"?
6. What does Ozzy demand of his spectators in the story "The Conversation of the Jews"?
7. What strains threaten to ruin the marriage of Leroy Moffitt and Norma Jean in the story "Shiloh"?
8. How does the narrator react when her father falls ill in "The Lover of Horses"?
9. What type of relationship does the narrator have with her dead son in the story "Dream Children"?
10. Who do Galven and Poma almost break up in the story "Ile's Forest"?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)