|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
2. How does the young boy die in the story "Murderers"?
(a) He falls off the roof.
(b) He is accidentally shot.
(c) He is hit by a train.
(d) He is attacked by a dog.
3. Which of the boys is most troubled by the events leading up to the death in the story "Murderers" and thinks about the events during the whole time at camp?
4. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe Connie in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
5. In the story "Akhnilo," how many words does Eddie Fenn believe he can hear being whispered in the wind?
(a) 8 words.
(b) 4 words.
(c) 6 words.
(d) 2 words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of books most interest the narrator in the story "Dream Children"?
2. In "Murderers," whose house do the young boys snoop in"?
3. What does the narrator's father hope to accomplish by playing cards in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
4. Which of his family members does Gil set up on a date with Ile?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Ozzy makes the spectators admit while standing on the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strains threaten to ruin the marriage of Leroy Moffitt and Norma Jean in the story "Shiloh"?
2. Who is Arnold Friend in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
3. Who do Galven and Poma almost break up in the story "Ile's Forest"?
4. Why did Sam's ex-wives walk out on him in the story "The Wedding"?
5. What instrument does Jack Hawthorne learn to play in the story "Redemption," and why?
6. How does the fisherman die in the story "The Ledge"?
7. What happens when the monkey goes wild aboard the ship in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
8. How does a monkey end up aboard ship in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
9. How does the monkey die in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
10. What happens to Jancy on her drive to visit with her boyfriend in the story "The Heavenly Animal"?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)