|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an obsession that plagues the narrator's family in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
(c) Card playing.
(d) Car racing.
2. What color is Arnold Friend's car in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
3. In the story, "A Good Man is Hard to Find," where is the family planning to travel to for vacation?
(b) New York.
4. What part of David's body is injured during the animal attack?
(a) His face.
(b) His leg.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His hand.
5. Which of the following men does Gay believe is having an affair with his wife?
(a) Darryl Springwater.
(b) Imancipelli Venturella.
(c) Guido Rancanelli.
(d) Perce Howland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the monkey's eyes in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
2. How often did the narrator's father lose money when he was gambling in "The Lover of Horses"?
3. What animal has the fisherman brought with him during the trip to keep the threesome company in "The Ledge"?
4. How do the wife's children feel when all her husbands are home together in the story "The Used-Boys Raisers"?
5. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)