|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's husband in the story "Dream Children" do for a living?
(a) He is a director.
(b) He is a choreographer.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a producer.
2. In the story "The Lover of Horses," what does the narrator's family do for a living?
(a) They are horse breeders.
(b) They are horse wranglers.
(c) They are horse trainers.
(d) They are horse whisperers.
3. What is the name of the captain who pulls the monkey from the water in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
4. What does Leo Finkle hire Pinye Salzman to help him do?
(a) Investigate a crime.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Build a house.
(d) Find a job.
5. From what country is "The General" in the story "Redemption?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many husbands does the woman in "The Used-Boys Raisers" have?
2. Why is the narrator of the story "Dream Children" considered uninteresting and melancholy?
3. How does Poma react when she discovers the truth about Ile Galven's past?
4. How does the young boy die in the story "Murderers"?
5. Who tells Gil that Galven Ile is a murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of obsessions affect the narrator's family in "The Lover of Horses"?
2. How does the narrator react when her father falls ill in "The Lover of Horses"?
3. What happens after David accidentally shoots his father in the leg in the story "Walking Out"?
4. What type of hunting experience does the fisherman and his boys have in the story "The Ledge"?
5. Why don't roommates Henry and Osmond get along in the story "The Christian Roommates"?
6. How does the grandmother react when face-to-face with the killer she read about in the newspapers?
7. What instrument does Jack Hawthorne learn to play in the story "Redemption," and why?
8. How does Leo Finkel meet his wife in "The Magic Barrel"?
9. How does the fisherman die in the story "The Ledge"?
10. What strains threaten to ruin the marriage of Leroy Moffitt and Norma Jean in the story "Shiloh"?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)