|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son of the Cove's founder claim to have seen on the island?
2. In "Murderers," whose house do the young boys snoop in"?
(a) The librarian's.
(b) The sheriff's.
(c) The rabbi's.
(d) The school principal's.
3. Who tells Gil that Galven Ile is a murderer?
(a) Gil's neighbor.
(b) The local news.
(c) Ile's servant.
(d) No one tells Gil the truth about Galven.
4. According to myth, what bait can a man use to catch fish from the water of the Cove in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Peanut butter.
(b) Shoe leather.
(d) No bait is needed.
5. How does Jancy's father react when she tells him that she is driving to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is worried.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is streaked on Jancy's car after the accident, which makes her think about her father?
2. What part of David's body is injured during the animal attack?
3. Which of the following people punches Ozzy in the nose in the story "Conversation of the Jews"?
4. What fierce storm tore up the land, causing the monkey to become adrift in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
5. In the story, "A Good Man is Hard to Find," where is the family planning to travel to for vacation?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)