|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Murderers," whose house do the young boys snoop in"?
(a) The school principal's.
(b) The sheriff's.
(c) The rabbi's.
(d) The librarian's.
2. In the story "Akhnilo," how many words does Eddie Fenn believe he can hear being whispered in the wind?
(a) 2 words.
(b) 6 words.
(c) 4 words.
(d) 8 words.
3. What do the townsfolk in the story "Dream Children" think the narrator does recklessly?
(a) Drives her car.
(b) Rides horses.
(c) Weeds her garden.
(d) Milks her cow.
4. What did the narrator's mother most love about the narrator's father in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
(a) His physical attractiveness.
(b) His caring heart.
(c) His financial support.
(d) His determination.
5. What is the name of the cove to where the narrator escapes in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Darte Cove.
(b) Barte Cove.
(c) Marte Cove.
(d) Farte Cove.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "The Lover of Horses," what does the narrator's family do for a living?
2. What type of travel does the narrator in "Dream Children" believe in?
3. From what country is "The General" in the story "Redemption?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Arnold Friend's relationship with Connie?
5. How does the monkey react when the captain looks him straight in the eyes in "Letters from the Samantha"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)