|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fierce storm tore up the land, causing the monkey to become adrift in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
(a) A flood.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A monsoon.
(d) A typhoon.
2. What does Leo Finkle hire Pinye Salzman to help him do?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Build a house.
(d) Investigate a crime.
3. What is the name of Leo Finkle's wife?
4. What animal attacks David while he is going for a drink of water at the lake?
(a) A bear.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A deer.
(d) A snake.
5. According to myth, what bait can a man use to catch fish from the water of the Cove in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) No bait is needed.
(c) Shoe leather.
(d) Peanut butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday does the fisherman take his son and nephew out into the water to shoot ducks?
2. Which of the following men does Gay believe is having an affair with his wife?
3. What does the son of the Cove's founder claim to have seen on the island?
4. In which of the following landscapes is the story "The Misfits" told?
5. In the story "The Misfits," what does Gay Langland do for a living?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)