|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Louise's relations is most strict about her food intake in the story, "The Fat Girl"?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) No one monitors Louise's food intake.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What is George's wife's name?
3. How old is Sean at the opening of "Midair"?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 4 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
4. In the story, "The Fisherman From Chihuahua," what type of business does Pendleton own?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A tailor shop.
(c) A car garage.
(d) A barber shop.
5. Which of the following food items does Louise eat in front of her husband as an act of defiance?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) A chocolate chip cookie.
(d) A candy bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlyle do for a living?
2. What country was Willi Varig fighting for in WWII?
3. Who is the co-editor of this collection along with Tom Jenks?
4. What prompts the gypsy man to raise his head and shout a war cry in the story, "The Fisherman from Chihuahua"?
5. Which of the following was NOT a way Louise's roommate uses to support Louise in her weight loss goals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the grandmother want to go on vacation with her family in the story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"?
2. What happens when Sean is trapped in an elevator in the story "Midair"?
3. How is the narrator viewed by the townsfolk in the story "Dream Children"?
4. Who is Push in the story "A Poetic for Bullies," and who is his sidekick?
5. Why doesn't Push like John Williams, and what does he do about it?
6. Why has Earl taken to the road in "Rock Springs" and who does he take with him?
7. What type of relationship does Louise have with her mother in the story "The Fat Girl"?
8. In the story "The Misfits," how does Gay Langland feel about relationships?
9. What part about Arty's life made him feel like a "Bystander"?
10. What type of relationship does George have with his ex-students?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)