|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives would Sean use to describe his work life?
2. From what country is the man who comes to the restaurant in Pendleton's town and eats alone?
(a) He is Argentinean.
(b) He is Mexican.
(c) He is Peruvian.
(d) He is Columbian.
3. What was Sarah doing at the time she disappeared?
(d) Rock climbing.
4. How are Earl and Edna related?
(a) Edna is Earl's girlfriend.
(b) Edna is Earl's cousin.
(c) Edna is Earl's mother.
(d) Edna is Earl's sister.
5. What terrible weather occurred when Sarah went missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator and Sonny argue about while the narrator was on leave from the armed forces?
2. How many people's lives did Willi help save thanks to his heroic efforts in WWII?
3. In the story "Weekend," what did George do for a living before retiring?
4. How long does Mrs. Webster work for Carlyle before he notes a distinct change in his life?
5. Which of the following facts is NOT true of John Williams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lenore comfort George at the end of the story "Weekend"?
2. What arrangement is struck-up between the three destitute characters in the story "1/3, 1/3, 1/3"?
3. Why does Vance tell the story of "The Amish Farmer" to his high school English class?
4. What does Sonny blame his heroin addiction on?
5. What reaction does the narrator have when watching Sonny play his music in the story "Sonny's Blues"?
6. What is Sean's married life like?
7. What is Earl's first impression of the town Rock Springs?
8. How does Willie's father react when Willi tells him what he witnessed in the barn?
9. How does Arty's father react when his son comes for a visit at the mental institution in the story "The Bystander"?
10. What is Carlyle's life like at the opening of the story "Fever"?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)