|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Willi accidentally witness his mother having an affair?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His father.
(c) His best friend's father.
(d) His neighbor.
2. What is the nationality of the authors in this collection?
3. How many people's lives did Willi help save thanks to his heroic efforts in WWII?
(a) 23 people's lives.
(b) 3 people's lives.
(c) 33 people's lives.
(d) 13 people's lives.
4. Which of the following food items does Louise eat in front of her husband as an act of defiance?
(a) A chocolate chip cookie.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) An ice cream cone.
5. Who was the last person Sarah was with before she disappeared?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country is the man who comes to the restaurant in Pendleton's town and eats alone?
2. What is the name of Noel's wife in the story "The Amish Farmer"?
3. What is George's wife's name?
4. How old is Sean at the opening of "Midair"?
5. What is the name of Sean's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eileen react to the news of Carlyle's illness in the story "Fever"?
2. Why does Lenore comfort George at the end of the story "Weekend"?
3. What does Sonny blame his heroin addiction on?
4. What arrangement is struck-up between the three destitute characters in the story "1/3, 1/3, 1/3"?
5. What type of relationship does George have with his ex-students?
6. What is Sean's married life like?
7. What prompts the narrator in "Sonny's Blues" to reach out to his incarcerated brother?
8. How does Arty react in the story "The Bystander" when his father is committed to a mental institution?
9. Why doesn't Push like John Williams, and what does he do about it?
10. What type of relationship does Louise have with her mother in the story "The Fat Girl"?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)