|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Jancy's possessions is her father obsessed with in the story "The Heavenly Animal"?
(a) Her motorcycle.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her car.
2. Which of his family members does Gil set up on a date with Ile?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
3. How old is David in the story "Walking Out"?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
4. What color are the monkey's eyes in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
5. In which of the following landscapes is the story "The Misfits" told?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a swamp.
(c) In the prairie.
(d) In a desert.
6. What is the name of the captain who pulls the monkey from the water in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
7. What does the son of the Cove's founder claim to have seen on the island?
8. How many husbands does the woman in "The Used-Boys Raisers" have?
(a) 2 husbands.
(b) 3 husbands.
(c) 4 husbands.
(d) 5 husbands.
9. With whom is the narrator having problems at the time he escapes to the cove in "Water Liars"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His boss.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His wife.
10. How does Jack Hawthorne accidentally kill his brother in the story "Redemption"?
(a) He poisons him with lead paint.
(b) He runs him over with a tractor.
(c) He strangles him with a garden hose.
(d) He suffocates him with a pillow.
11. What does the narrator's husband in the story "Dream Children" do for a living?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a choreographer.
(c) He is a producer.
(d) He is a director.
12. What is the name of Leo Finkle's wife?
13. How does Jancy's father react when she tells him that she is driving to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) He is worried.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is hurt.
14. Where does the young woman work in "The Story of a Scar"?
(a) At a baseball field.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a post office.
(d) At a doctor's office.
15. What type of books most interest the narrator in the story "Dream Children"?
(a) Books about musical therapy.
(b) Books about fairies and magic.
(c) Books about communicating with the dead.
(d) Books about pharmacology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the fur the monkey covered with in "Letters from the Samantha"?
2. What type of travel does the narrator in "Dream Children" believe in?
3. Which of the following men does Gay believe is having an affair with his wife?
4. How does Poma react when she discovers the truth about Ile Galven's past?
5. How does the monkey die in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)