|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men does Gay believe is having an affair with his wife?
(a) Perce Howland.
(b) Darryl Springwater.
(c) Imancipelli Venturella.
(d) Guido Rancanelli.
2. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
3. How many of the threesome survive the fishing trip in the story "The Ledge"?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Arnold Friend's relationship with Connie?
5. On what holiday does the fisherman take his son and nephew out into the water to shoot ducks?
(d) Independence Day.
6. Who does the narrator of the story "Dream Children" claim to meet with during her times of travel?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her daughter.
7. In the story "The Misfits," what does Gay Langland do for a living?
(a) He is a garbage man.
(b) He is a cowboy.
(c) He is a salesman.
(d) He is a mechanic.
8. Which of the following is NOT an obsession that plagues the narrator's family in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
(a) Car racing.
(b) Card playing.
9. What is the name of Leo Finkle's wife?
10. In which of the following landscapes is the story "The Misfits" told?
(a) In a swamp.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the prairie.
(d) In a desert.
11. From what country is "The General" in the story "Redemption?
12. In the story "The Liar," in what country does James say he works with young children?
13. How does Jancy's father react when she tells him that she is driving to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) He is hurt.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He is pleased.
14. What animal has the fisherman brought with him during the trip to keep the threesome company in "The Ledge"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A dog.
(d) A monkey.
15. What is the name of the cove to where the narrator escapes in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Barte Cove.
(b) Farte Cove.
(c) Darte Cove.
(d) Marte Cove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Ozzy makes the spectators admit while standing on the roof?
2. What does Leo Finkle hire Pinye Salzman to help him do?
3. With whom is the narrator having problems at the time he escapes to the cove in "Water Liars"?
4. In "Murderers," whose house do the young boys snoop in"?
5. How many ducks do the fisherman and his boys shoot during their first attempt on their trip?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)