|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does David carry his father on his back after accidentally shooting him in the leg?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Six miles.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) Four miles.
2. What is the name of Leo Finkle's wife?
3. What does the narrator's husband in the story "Dream Children" do for a living?
(a) He is a choreographer.
(b) He is a producer.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is an actor.
4. How does Jack Hawthorne accidentally kill his brother in the story "Redemption"?
(a) He strangles him with a garden hose.
(b) He runs him over with a tractor.
(c) He poisons him with lead paint.
(d) He suffocates him with a pillow.
5. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
6. How many members of the family are killed by the killer in the story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"?
(a) 2 members.
(b) 4 members.
(c) No members.
(d) 6 members.
7. Why is the narrator of the story "Dream Children" considered uninteresting and melancholy?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Because her husband beats her.
(c) Because her son is dead.
(d) Because she lost her job.
8. What religion does Leo Finkle practice in the story "The Magic Barrel"?
9. In the story "The Liar," in what country does James say he works with young children?
10. What is the name of the river on which the Cove is situation in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Wazoo River.
(b) Zazoo River.
(c) Kazoo River.
(d) Yazoo River.
11. How does the monkey react when the captain looks him straight in the eyes in "Letters from the Samantha"?
(a) He becomes enraged.
(b) He ignores the stare.
(c) He becomes calm.
(d) He is confused.
12. In "The Christian Roommates," which of the following facts about Henry is NOT true in the story?
(a) He is a mediocre student.
(b) He is a vegetarian.
(c) He is an artist with a spinning wheel.
(d) He is an atheist.
13. What animal does Jancy hit with her car on her drive to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A deer.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bird.
14. What does Billy Crawford do for a living in "The Story of a Scar"?
(a) He is a student.
(b) He is an actor.
(c) He is a fireman.
(d) He is a doctor.
15. In the story "Ile Forest," what does Gil do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Shiloh," what does Leroy Moffitt do for a living?
2. In the story, "A Good Man is Hard to Find," where is the family planning to travel to for vacation?
3. How many of the threesome survive the fishing trip in the story "The Ledge"?
4. How far away does the fisherman guesstimate his boat is when he realizes it floated away from their ledge?
5. In the story "The Lover of Horses," what does the narrator's family do for a living?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)