|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Arnold Friend's relationship with Connie?
2. What does the narrator's father hope to accomplish by playing cards in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
(a) Dying with dignity.
(b) Saving his family's house.
(c) Winning a fortune.
(d) Cheating death.
3. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe Connie in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
4. Which of the following men does Gay believe is having an affair with his wife?
(a) Guido Rancanelli.
(b) Imancipelli Venturella.
(c) Perce Howland.
(d) Darryl Springwater.
5. What is the name of the captain who pulls the monkey from the water in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
6. What do the sailors use to coax the monkey down from the mast when it is upset?
7. Which of the following facts about Leroy's wife, Norma Jean, is NOT true?
(a) She eats healthy food.
(b) She exercises daily.
(c) She takes classes to better herself.
(d) She inherited a large sum of money.
8. What is the name of Gay's wife in the story "The Misfits"?
9. Which of the family members warns against the vacation due to a killer being on the loose in the story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"?
(a) The grandmother.
(b) The father.
(c) The mother.
(d) The grandfather.
10. What do the townsfolk in the story "Dream Children" think the narrator does recklessly?
(a) Rides horses.
(b) Milks her cow.
(c) Drives her car.
(d) Weeds her garden.
11. In which of the following landscapes is the story "The Misfits" told?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a desert.
(c) In a swamp.
(d) In the prairie.
12. How did Norma Jean and Leroy's baby die?
(a) From leukemia.
(b) From SIDS.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) During childbirth.
13. Which of the following is NOT something Ozzy makes the spectators admit while standing on the roof?
(a) That Judaism is not the only religion that leads to salvation.
(b) That they believe in Jesus Christ.
(c) That hitting, even in the name of God, is wrong.
(d) That God can do anything.
14. In the story "The Lover of Horses," what does the narrator's family do for a living?
(a) They are horse wranglers.
(b) They are horse whisperers.
(c) They are horse trainers.
(d) They are horse breeders.
15. In the story "The Liar," in what country does James say he works with young children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of David's body is injured during the animal attack?
2. How many ducks do the fisherman and his boys shoot during their first attempt on their trip?
3. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
4. What color is Arnold Friend's car in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
5. How does the monkey die in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)