|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the monkey react when the captain looks him straight in the eyes in "Letters from the Samantha"?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He becomes enraged.
(c) He becomes calm.
(d) He ignores the stare.
2. What color are the monkey's eyes in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
3. What does Norma Jean do, that gives the reader hope that she and Leroy may mend their relationship and end up together?
(a) She blows Leroy a kiss.
(b) She sends Leroy flowers.
(c) She smiles at Leroy.
(d) She waves to Leroy.
4. How does Jack Hawthorne accidentally kill his brother in the story "Redemption"?
(a) He strangles him with a garden hose.
(b) He poisons him with lead paint.
(c) He suffocates him with a pillow.
(d) He runs him over with a tractor.
5. With whom is the narrator having problems at the time he escapes to the cove in "Water Liars"?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His boss.
6. How did Norma Jean and Leroy's baby die?
(a) From SIDS.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) From leukemia.
(d) During childbirth.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Arnold Friend's relationship with Connie?
8. What religion does Leo Finkle practice in the story "The Magic Barrel"?
9. On what holiday does the fisherman take his son and nephew out into the water to shoot ducks?
(b) Independence Day.
10. Which of the following people punches Ozzy in the nose in the story "Conversation of the Jews"?
(a) The rabbi.
(b) The doctor.
(c) A school bully.
(d) His mother.
11. Where does Billy stab the young woman, causing a terrible scar?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her arms.
12. What is the name of Jack Hawthorne's brother?
13. From what country is "The General" in the story "Redemption?
14. What is the name of the captain who pulls the monkey from the water in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
15. In which of the following landscapes is the story "The Misfits" told?
(a) In a swamp.
(b) In a desert.
(c) In the prairie.
(d) In the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's husband in the story "Dream Children" do for a living?
2. What is the name of Gay's wife in the story "The Misfits"?
3. When David finally reaches a doctor with his father, how long has his father already been dead?
4. What color is the fur the monkey covered with in "Letters from the Samantha"?
5. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe Connie in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)