|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the monkey's eyes in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
2. In which of the following landscapes is the story "The Misfits" told?
(a) In a swamp.
(b) In a desert.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the prairie.
3. Where does the young woman work in "The Story of a Scar"?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a post office.
(c) At a baseball field.
(d) At a doctor's office.
4. What color is Arnold Friend's car in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
5. Who tells Gil that Galven Ile is a murderer?
(a) The local news.
(b) Gil's neighbor.
(c) Ile's servant.
(d) No one tells Gil the truth about Galven.
6. What is the name of the river on which the Cove is situation in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Yazoo River.
(b) Wazoo River.
(c) Zazoo River.
(d) Kazoo River.
7. What animal does Jancy hit with her car on her drive to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) A deer.
(b) A bird.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A squirrel.
8. Which of the following is NOT something Ozzy makes the spectators admit while standing on the roof?
(a) That they believe in Jesus Christ.
(b) That Judaism is not the only religion that leads to salvation.
(c) That hitting, even in the name of God, is wrong.
(d) That God can do anything.
9. Which of the following people punches Ozzy in the nose in the story "Conversation of the Jews"?
(a) His mother.
(b) A school bully.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The rabbi.
10. In "The Ledge," which of the following adjectives would the wife use to describe her husband?
11. In the story, "A Good Man is Hard to Find," where is the family planning to travel to for vacation?
(b) New York.
12. In the story "The Misfits," what does Gay Langland do for a living?
(a) He is a salesman.
(b) He is a garbage man.
(c) He is a mechanic.
(d) He is a cowboy.
13. Which of the following is NOT a way that Dale Carter attempts to deal with his grief after his son dies?
(a) He has multiple affairs.
(b) He beats his wife.
(c) He disappears from town for long weekends.
(d) He drinks heavily.
14. Who does the narrator of the story "Dream Children" claim to meet with during her times of travel?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her daughter.
15. How far away does the fisherman guesstimate his boat is when he realizes it floated away from their ledge?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 1/4 mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the narrator's father lose money when he was gambling in "The Lover of Horses"?
2. Why is the narrator of the story "Dream Children" considered uninteresting and melancholy?
3. How does the monkey die in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
4. What instrument does Jack learn to play as a way of coping with his brother's death?
5. What does Leo Finkle hire Pinye Salzman to help him do?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)