|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the river on which the Cove is situation in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Kazoo River.
(b) Wazoo River.
(c) Yazoo River.
(d) Zazoo River.
2. How often did the narrator's father lose money when he was gambling in "The Lover of Horses"?
3. How does Poma react when she discovers the truth about Ile Galven's past?
(a) She marries him.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) She kills him.
(d) She leaves him.
4. How old is David in the story "Walking Out"?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
5. What religion does Leo Finkle practice in the story "The Magic Barrel"?
6. Which of Jancy's possessions is her father obsessed with in the story "The Heavenly Animal"?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her motorcycle.
(d) Her car.
7. What color is the fur the monkey covered with in "Letters from the Samantha"?
8. According to myth, what bait can a man use to catch fish from the water of the Cove in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Peanut butter.
(c) No bait is needed.
(d) Shoe leather.
9. How did Norma Jean and Leroy's baby die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) During childbirth.
(c) From SIDS.
(d) From leukemia.
10. How far away does the fisherman guesstimate his boat is when he realizes it floated away from their ledge?
(a) 1/4 mile.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 1 mile.
11. How do the wife's children feel when all her husbands are home together in the story "The Used-Boys Raisers"?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are apathetic.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are angry.
12. How many members of the family are killed by the killer in the story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"?
(a) 4 members.
(b) 2 members.
(c) No members.
(d) 6 members.
13. Which of the following facts about Leroy's wife, Norma Jean, is NOT true?
(a) She exercises daily.
(b) She takes classes to better herself.
(c) She eats healthy food.
(d) She inherited a large sum of money.
14. How many ducks do the fisherman and his boys shoot during their first attempt on their trip?
(a) 17 ducks.
(c) 7 ducks.
(d) 27 ducks.
15. How does the monkey react when the captain looks him straight in the eyes in "Letters from the Samantha"?
(a) He ignores the stare.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He becomes enraged.
(d) He becomes calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is streaked on Jancy's car after the accident, which makes her think about her father?
2. In "Murderers," whose house do the young boys snoop in"?
3. What does Leo Finkle hire Pinye Salzman to help him do?
4. How does the young boy die in the story "Murderers"?
5. How does Jack Hawthorne accidentally kill his brother in the story "Redemption"?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)