|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young boy die in the story "Murderers"?
(a) He is accidentally shot.
(b) He falls off the roof.
(c) He is hit by a train.
(d) He is attacked by a dog.
2. How far away does the fisherman guesstimate his boat is when he realizes it floated away from their ledge?
(a) 1/4 mile.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
3. What animal has the fisherman brought with him during the trip to keep the threesome company in "The Ledge"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A dog.
(d) A monkey.
4. How many ducks do the fisherman and his boys shoot during their first attempt on their trip?
(a) 7 ducks.
(b) 17 ducks.
(c) 27 ducks.
5. Which of the following boys is NOT present in the story "Murderers"?
(a) Philip Liebowitz.
(b) Frank Delano.
(c) Arnold Bloom.
(d) Harold Cohen.
6. What is the name of the river on which the Cove is situation in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Yazoo River.
(b) Zazoo River.
(c) Wazoo River.
(d) Kazoo River.
7. Which of the following is NOT a way that Dale Carter attempts to deal with his grief after his son dies?
(a) He drinks heavily.
(b) He beats his wife.
(c) He disappears from town for long weekends.
(d) He has multiple affairs.
8. What is the name of the captain who pulls the monkey from the water in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
9. What type of travel does the narrator in "Dream Children" believe in?
(a) Time travel.
(b) Sleep travel.
(c) Space travel.
(d) Spiritual travel.
10. On what holiday does the fisherman take his son and nephew out into the water to shoot ducks?
(a) Independence Day.
11. In "Murderers," whose house do the young boys snoop in"?
(a) The librarian's.
(b) The school principal's.
(c) The sheriff's.
(d) The rabbi's.
12. In the story, "A Good Man is Hard to Find," where is the family planning to travel to for vacation?
(b) New York.
13. How many hours must Jancy drive to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
14. Which of the family members warns against the vacation due to a killer being on the loose in the story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"?
(a) The grandmother.
(b) The grandfather.
(c) The father.
(d) The mother.
15. What is the name of Jack Hawthorne's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Ozzy makes the spectators admit while standing on the roof?
3. In the story "The Misfits," what does Gay Langland do for a living?
4. How does the monkey react when the captain looks him straight in the eyes in "Letters from the Samantha"?
5. What animal attacks David while he is going for a drink of water at the lake?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)