|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of David's body is injured during the animal attack?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His hand.
(c) His face.
(d) His leg.
2. What color is the fur the monkey covered with in "Letters from the Samantha"?
3. In the story, "A Good Man is Hard to Find," where is the family planning to travel to for vacation?
(a) New York.
4. What does Leo Finkle hire Pinye Salzman to help him do?
(a) Build a house.
(b) Investigate a crime.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Find a job.
5. Which of the following facts about Leroy's wife, Norma Jean, is NOT true?
(a) She exercises daily.
(b) She inherited a large sum of money.
(c) She takes classes to better herself.
(d) She eats healthy food.
6. Which of the following is NOT a way that Dale Carter attempts to deal with his grief after his son dies?
(a) He has multiple affairs.
(b) He disappears from town for long weekends.
(c) He beats his wife.
(d) He drinks heavily.
7. Which of the following is NOT something Ozzy makes the spectators admit while standing on the roof?
(a) That Judaism is not the only religion that leads to salvation.
(b) That God can do anything.
(c) That hitting, even in the name of God, is wrong.
(d) That they believe in Jesus Christ.
8. In which of the following landscapes is the story "The Misfits" told?
(a) In a swamp.
(b) In the prairie.
(c) In a desert.
(d) In the mountains.
9. Which of his family members does Gil set up on a date with Ile?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His daughter.
10. How old is the narrator's father when he becomes ill in "The Lover of Horses"?
(a) 63 years old.
(b) 53 years old.
(c) 43 years old.
(d) 73 years old.
11. What is the name of the river on which the Cove is situation in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Kazoo River.
(b) Wazoo River.
(c) Yazoo River.
(d) Zazoo River.
12. What is the name of Jack Hawthorne's brother?
13. In the story "Shiloh," what does Leroy Moffitt do for a living?
(a) He is a veterinarian.
(b) He is a hat maker.
(c) He is a dentist.
(d) He is a truck driver.
14. How many members of the family are killed by the killer in the story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"?
(a) 2 members.
(b) 4 members.
(c) No members.
(d) 6 members.
15. What is the name of the captain who pulls the monkey from the water in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people punches Ozzy in the nose in the story "Conversation of the Jews"?
2. Which of the following men does Gay believe is having an affair with his wife?
3. In "The Ledge," which of the following adjectives would the wife use to describe her husband?
4. What did the narrator's mother most love about the narrator's father in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
5. How many hours must Jancy drive to visit with her boyfriend?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)