|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many husbands does the woman in "The Used-Boys Raisers" have?
(a) 2 husbands.
(b) 3 husbands.
(c) 4 husbands.
(d) 5 husbands.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Ozzy makes the spectators admit while standing on the roof?
(a) That hitting, even in the name of God, is wrong.
(b) That God can do anything.
(c) That they believe in Jesus Christ.
(d) That Judaism is not the only religion that leads to salvation.
3. Which of the boys is most troubled by the events leading up to the death in the story "Murderers" and thinks about the events during the whole time at camp?
4. How does Jack feel after he accidentally kills his brother?
5. From what country is "The General" in the story "Redemption?
6. Where does Billy stab the young woman, causing a terrible scar?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her arms.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her stomach.
7. Who tells Gil that Galven Ile is a murderer?
(a) The local news.
(b) No one tells Gil the truth about Galven.
(c) Ile's servant.
(d) Gil's neighbor.
8. How do the wife's children feel when all her husbands are home together in the story "The Used-Boys Raisers"?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are apathetic.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are confused.
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes Arnold Friend's relationship with Connie?
10. How did Norma Jean and Leroy's baby die?
(a) From SIDS.
(b) From leukemia.
(c) During childbirth.
(d) In a car accident.
11. What part of David's body is injured during the animal attack?
(a) His leg.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His face.
(d) His hand.
12. In "The Ledge," which of the following adjectives would the wife use to describe her husband?
13. In "The Christian Roommates," which of the following facts about Henry is NOT true in the story?
(a) He is an atheist.
(b) He is a mediocre student.
(c) He is an artist with a spinning wheel.
(d) He is a vegetarian.
14. How does the monkey react when the captain looks him straight in the eyes in "Letters from the Samantha"?
(a) He ignores the stare.
(b) He becomes enraged.
(c) He becomes calm.
(d) He is confused.
15. How does Ile's servant treat Gil when he arrives in the forest?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He is kind.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to myth, what bait can a man use to catch fish from the water of the Cove in the story "Water Liars"?
2. How old is David in the story "Walking Out"?
3. Where does the young woman work in "The Story of a Scar"?
4. In the story "Akhnilo," how many words does Eddie Fenn believe he can hear being whispered in the wind?
5. In the story, "A Good Man is Hard to Find," where is the family planning to travel to for vacation?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)