|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "The Misfits," what does Gay Langland do for a living?
(a) He is a garbage man.
(b) He is a salesman.
(c) He is a mechanic.
(d) He is a cowboy.
2. Where does Billy stab the young woman, causing a terrible scar?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her arms.
(d) Her stomach.
3. How does the young boy die in the story "Murderers"?
(a) He is hit by a train.
(b) He is attacked by a dog.
(c) He is accidentally shot.
(d) He falls off the roof.
4. How does Jack feel after he accidentally kills his brother?
5. What question does the young man ask the older woman at the doctor's office at the end of "The Story of a Scar"?
(a) How old are you?
(b) Will you go out with me?
(c) How are you feeling?
(d) What is your name?
6. What is streaked on Jancy's car after the accident, which makes her think about her father?
7. When David finally reaches a doctor with his father, how long has his father already been dead?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) One day.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
8. How does Jack Hawthorne accidentally kill his brother in the story "Redemption"?
(a) He strangles him with a garden hose.
(b) He suffocates him with a pillow.
(c) He poisons him with lead paint.
(d) He runs him over with a tractor.
9. How far away does the fisherman guesstimate his boat is when he realizes it floated away from their ledge?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 1/4 mile.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 1 mile.
10. What is the name of Jack Hawthorne's brother?
11. How did Norma Jean and Leroy's baby die?
(a) From leukemia.
(b) During childbirth.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) From SIDS.
12. What animal attacks David while he is going for a drink of water at the lake?
(a) A deer.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A bear.
(d) A snake.
13. How old is David in the story "Walking Out"?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
14. In the story "Ile Forest," what does Gil do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a doctor.
15. How many ducks do the fisherman and his boys shoot during their first attempt on their trip?
(b) 17 ducks.
(c) 7 ducks.
(d) 27 ducks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his family members does Gil set up on a date with Ile?
2. What religion does Leo Finkle practice in the story "The Magic Barrel"?
3. Which of the following is NOT an obsession that plagues the narrator's family in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
4. Which of the following people punches Ozzy in the nose in the story "Conversation of the Jews"?
5. What color is Arnold Friend's car in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)