|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people punches Ozzy in the nose in the story "Conversation of the Jews"?
(a) A school bully.
(b) The rabbi.
(c) His mother.
(d) The doctor.
2. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
3. What is streaked on Jancy's car after the accident, which makes her think about her father?
4. What animal attacks David while he is going for a drink of water at the lake?
(a) A bear.
(b) A snake.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A deer.
5. With whom is the narrator having problems at the time he escapes to the cove in "Water Liars"?
(a) His boss.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His neighbor.
6. What does Billy Crawford do for a living in "The Story of a Scar"?
(a) He is a fireman.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a student.
(d) He is an actor.
7. Why is the narrator of the story "Dream Children" considered uninteresting and melancholy?
(a) Because she lost her job.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Because her husband beats her.
(d) Because her son is dead.
8. What type of books most interest the narrator in the story "Dream Children"?
(a) Books about fairies and magic.
(b) Books about pharmacology.
(c) Books about communicating with the dead.
(d) Books about musical therapy.
9. What instrument does Jack learn to play as a way of coping with his brother's death?
(a) The piano.
(b) The violin.
(c) The French horn.
(d) The clarinet.
10. How old is the narrator's father when he becomes ill in "The Lover of Horses"?
(a) 43 years old.
(b) 73 years old.
(c) 53 years old.
(d) 63 years old.
11. Which of the following facts about Leroy's wife, Norma Jean, is NOT true?
(a) She eats healthy food.
(b) She takes classes to better herself.
(c) She exercises daily.
(d) She inherited a large sum of money.
12. Which of his family members does Gil set up on a date with Ile?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
13. What is the name of the cove to where the narrator escapes in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Darte Cove.
(b) Farte Cove.
(c) Marte Cove.
(d) Barte Cove.
14. What did the narrator's mother most love about the narrator's father in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
(a) His caring heart.
(b) His financial support.
(c) His physical attractiveness.
(d) His determination.
15. In the story "Shiloh," what does Leroy Moffitt do for a living?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a veterinarian.
(c) He is a truck driver.
(d) He is a hat maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the threesome survive the fishing trip in the story "The Ledge"?
2. In "Murderers," whose house do the young boys snoop in"?
3. Which of the following is NOT an obsession that plagues the narrator's family in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
4. What animal has the fisherman brought with him during the trip to keep the threesome company in "The Ledge"?
5. How far away does the fisherman guesstimate his boat is when he realizes it floated away from their ledge?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)