|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Jancy hit with her car on her drive to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) A bird.
(b) A deer.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A squirrel.
2. What color is the fur the monkey covered with in "Letters from the Samantha"?
3. What color is Arnold Friend's car in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
4. Which of the following is NOT something Ozzy makes the spectators admit while standing on the roof?
(a) That Judaism is not the only religion that leads to salvation.
(b) That God can do anything.
(c) That they believe in Jesus Christ.
(d) That hitting, even in the name of God, is wrong.
5. Which of his family members does Gil set up on a date with Ile?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
6. What religion does Leo Finkle practice in the story "The Magic Barrel"?
7. Which of the boys is most troubled by the events leading up to the death in the story "Murderers" and thinks about the events during the whole time at camp?
8. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
9. How did Norma Jean and Leroy's baby die?
(a) During childbirth.
(b) From leukemia.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) From SIDS.
10. What is the name of the captain who pulls the monkey from the water in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
11. What type of travel does the narrator in "Dream Children" believe in?
(a) Sleep travel.
(b) Spiritual travel.
(c) Space travel.
(d) Time travel.
12. In the story "Ile Forest," what does Gil do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a doctor.
13. On what holiday does the fisherman take his son and nephew out into the water to shoot ducks?
(a) Independence Day.
14. In "The Ledge," which of the following adjectives would the wife use to describe her husband?
15. How many members of the family are killed by the killer in the story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"?
(a) 6 members.
(b) No members.
(c) 2 members.
(d) 4 members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal attacks David while he is going for a drink of water at the lake?
2. Which of the following facts about Leroy's wife, Norma Jean, is NOT true?
3. How does Jancy's father react when she tells him that she is driving to visit with her boyfriend?
4. How many ducks do the fisherman and his boys shoot during their first attempt on their trip?
5. Which of the following people punches Ozzy in the nose in the story "Conversation of the Jews"?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)