|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ile's servant treat Gil when he arrives in the forest?
(a) He is arrogant.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is kind.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way that Dale Carter attempts to deal with his grief after his son dies?
(a) He beats his wife.
(b) He disappears from town for long weekends.
(c) He drinks heavily.
(d) He has multiple affairs.
3. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe Connie in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
4. How many ducks do the fisherman and his boys shoot during their first attempt on their trip?
(b) 27 ducks.
(c) 7 ducks.
(d) 17 ducks.
5. What is the name of Gay's wife in the story "The Misfits"?
6. In "Murderers," whose house do the young boys snoop in"?
(a) The sheriff's.
(b) The rabbi's.
(c) The school principal's.
(d) The librarian's.
7. What is the name of Jack Hawthorne's brother?
8. What fierce storm tore up the land, causing the monkey to become adrift in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
(a) A typhoon.
(b) A monsoon.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A flood.
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes Arnold Friend's relationship with Connie?
10. What color is the fur the monkey covered with in "Letters from the Samantha"?
11. According to myth, what bait can a man use to catch fish from the water of the Cove in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) No bait is needed.
(b) Shoe leather.
(d) Peanut butter.
12. Which of the following is NOT an obsession that plagues the narrator's family in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
(b) Car racing.
(c) Card playing.
13. What do the townsfolk in the story "Dream Children" think the narrator does recklessly?
(a) Drives her car.
(b) Rides horses.
(c) Milks her cow.
(d) Weeds her garden.
14. How old is David in the story "Walking Out"?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
15. In the story "Ile Forest," what does Gil do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the young boy die in the story "Murderers"?
2. In the story "Shiloh," what does Leroy Moffitt do for a living?
3. What type of travel does the narrator in "Dream Children" believe in?
4. Which of his family members does Gil set up on a date with Ile?
5. How does the monkey react when the captain looks him straight in the eyes in "Letters from the Samantha"?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)