|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Leo Finkle's wife?
2. How old is David in the story "Walking Out"?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 7 years old.
3. What question does the young man ask the older woman at the doctor's office at the end of "The Story of a Scar"?
(a) What is your name?
(b) How are you feeling?
(c) How old are you?
(d) Will you go out with me?
4. Which of the following is NOT an obsession that plagues the narrator's family in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
(a) Card playing.
(b) Car racing.
5. In the story "Shiloh," what does Leroy Moffitt do for a living?
(a) He is a hat maker.
(b) He is a truck driver.
(c) He is a veterinarian.
(d) He is a dentist.
6. In the story, "A Good Man is Hard to Find," where is the family planning to travel to for vacation?
(c) New York.
7. How does the monkey die in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
(a) It dies from old age aboard the ship.
(b) It is poisoned by the crew.
(c) It leaps overboard and drowns.
(d) The captain strangles it.
8. How many husbands does the woman in "The Used-Boys Raisers" have?
(a) 4 husbands.
(b) 3 husbands.
(c) 5 husbands.
(d) 2 husbands.
9. Who tells Gil that Galven Ile is a murderer?
(a) Gil's neighbor.
(b) No one tells Gil the truth about Galven.
(c) Ile's servant.
(d) The local news.
10. How does Ile's servant treat Gil when he arrives in the forest?
(a) He is kind.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is arrogant.
(d) He is rude.
11. In "The Christian Roommates," which of the following facts about Henry is NOT true in the story?
(a) He is a vegetarian.
(b) He is an atheist.
(c) He is an artist with a spinning wheel.
(d) He is a mediocre student.
12. What color are the monkey's eyes in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
13. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
14. What animal does Jancy hit with her car on her drive to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) A bird.
(b) A deer.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A squirrel.
15. What do the sailors use to coax the monkey down from the mast when it is upset?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Jack learn to play as a way of coping with his brother's death?
2. What animal attacks David while he is going for a drink of water at the lake?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Arnold Friend's relationship with Connie?
4. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe Connie in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
5. Who does the narrator of the story "Dream Children" claim to meet with during her times of travel?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)