|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo Finkle hire Pinye Salzman to help him do?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Build a house.
(c) Investigate a crime.
(d) Find a job.
2. How did Norma Jean and Leroy's baby die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) During childbirth.
(c) From SIDS.
(d) From leukemia.
3. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
4. In which of the following landscapes is the story "The Misfits" told?
(a) In a desert.
(b) In a swamp.
(c) In the prairie.
(d) In the mountains.
5. What animal attacks David while he is going for a drink of water at the lake?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A bear.
(c) A deer.
(d) A snake.
6. Who does the narrator of the story "Dream Children" claim to meet with during her times of travel?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
7. What part of David's body is injured during the animal attack?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His hand.
(c) His leg.
(d) His face.
8. In the story, "A Good Man is Hard to Find," where is the family planning to travel to for vacation?
(c) New York.
9. What does Billy Crawford do for a living in "The Story of a Scar"?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a fireman.
10. In the story "The Misfits," what does Gay Langland do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a salesman.
(c) He is a garbage man.
(d) He is a cowboy.
11. How does Ile's servant treat Gil when he arrives in the forest?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He is kind.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He is arrogant.
12. What is the name of the cove to where the narrator escapes in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Darte Cove.
(b) Marte Cove.
(c) Barte Cove.
(d) Farte Cove.
13. How far does David carry his father on his back after accidentally shooting him in the leg?
(a) Four miles.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Six miles.
(d) Ten miles.
14. In the story "The Liar," in what country does James say he works with young children?
15. On what holiday does the fisherman take his son and nephew out into the water to shoot ducks?
(c) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy stab the young woman, causing a terrible scar?
2. According to myth, what bait can a man use to catch fish from the water of the Cove in the story "Water Liars"?
3. What do the sailors use to coax the monkey down from the mast when it is upset?
4. How does the monkey die in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
5. What does the narrator's husband in the story "Dream Children" do for a living?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)