|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David finally reaches a doctor with his father, how long has his father already been dead?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) One day.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
2. Which of the following boys is NOT present in the story "Murderers"?
(a) Arnold Bloom.
(b) Harold Cohen.
(c) Frank Delano.
(d) Philip Liebowitz.
3. In "Murderers," whose house do the young boys snoop in"?
(a) The rabbi's.
(b) The sheriff's.
(c) The librarian's.
(d) The school principal's.
4. What animal attacks David while he is going for a drink of water at the lake?
(a) A bear.
(b) A snake.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A deer.
5. What is streaked on Jancy's car after the accident, which makes her think about her father?
6. How many of the threesome survive the fishing trip in the story "The Ledge"?
7. Who tells Gil that Galven Ile is a murderer?
(a) Ile's servant.
(b) Gil's neighbor.
(c) The local news.
(d) No one tells Gil the truth about Galven.
8. Which of the following is NOT a way that Dale Carter attempts to deal with his grief after his son dies?
(a) He disappears from town for long weekends.
(b) He has multiple affairs.
(c) He drinks heavily.
(d) He beats his wife.
9. What is the name of the cove to where the narrator escapes in the story "Water Liars"?
(a) Marte Cove.
(b) Darte Cove.
(c) Farte Cove.
(d) Barte Cove.
10. Which of the following men does Gay believe is having an affair with his wife?
(a) Darryl Springwater.
(b) Perce Howland.
(c) Guido Rancanelli.
(d) Imancipelli Venturella.
11. Where does the young woman work in "The Story of a Scar"?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a baseball field.
(c) At a doctor's office.
(d) At a post office.
12. What animal has the fisherman brought with him during the trip to keep the threesome company in "The Ledge"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A cat.
(d) A parrot.
13. What color are the monkey's eyes in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
14. What is the name of the captain who pulls the monkey from the water in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
15. How did Norma Jean and Leroy's baby die?
(a) From SIDS.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) During childbirth.
(d) From leukemia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Arnold Friend's car in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
2. How do the wife's children feel when all her husbands are home together in the story "The Used-Boys Raisers"?
3. How old is David in the story "Walking Out"?
4. How often did the narrator's father lose money when he was gambling in "The Lover of Horses"?
5. What type of travel does the narrator in "Dream Children" believe in?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)