|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jancy's father react when she tells him that she is driving to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He is hurt.
2. How does Ile's servant treat Gil when he arrives in the forest?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He is arrogant.
3. What does Norma Jean do, that gives the reader hope that she and Leroy may mend their relationship and end up together?
(a) She waves to Leroy.
(b) She smiles at Leroy.
(c) She sends Leroy flowers.
(d) She blows Leroy a kiss.
4. What do the townsfolk in the story "Dream Children" think the narrator does recklessly?
(a) Rides horses.
(b) Weeds her garden.
(c) Milks her cow.
(d) Drives her car.
5. What is the name of Gay's wife in the story "The Misfits"?
6. Which of the following facts about Leroy's wife, Norma Jean, is NOT true?
(a) She exercises daily.
(b) She inherited a large sum of money.
(c) She takes classes to better herself.
(d) She eats healthy food.
7. How does the monkey react when the captain looks him straight in the eyes in "Letters from the Samantha"?
(a) He becomes enraged.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He ignores the stare.
(d) He becomes calm.
8. What question does the young man ask the older woman at the doctor's office at the end of "The Story of a Scar"?
(a) What is your name?
(b) How old are you?
(c) How are you feeling?
(d) Will you go out with me?
9. What is the name of Leo Finkle's wife?
10. What group of people does the wife in "The Used-Boys Raisers" believe were put on earth to be "a thorn in the side of mankind"?
11. How do the wife's children feel when all her husbands are home together in the story "The Used-Boys Raisers"?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are apathetic.
12. How often did the narrator's father lose money when he was gambling in "The Lover of Horses"?
13. How does Poma react when she discovers the truth about Ile Galven's past?
(a) She kills him.
(b) She marries him.
(c) She kills herself.
(d) She leaves him.
14. How old is David in the story "Walking Out"?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
15. How many hours must Jancy drive to visit with her boyfriend?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator's father when he becomes ill in "The Lover of Horses"?
2. What is the name of Jack Hawthorne's brother?
3. What fierce storm tore up the land, causing the monkey to become adrift in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
4. What is the name of the captain who pulls the monkey from the water in the story "Letters from the Samantha"?
5. What color is Arnold Friend's car in the story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)