|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gypsy's name in "The Fisherman from Chihuahua"?
2. What reason is Pendleton given for the gypsy's disappearance from town?
(a) He is a drunk.
(b) He is a spirit.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is a drifter.
3. What emotion does Carlyle use to describe his life now that Mrs. Webster is involved in it?
4. What animal does Willi's father breed for a living?
5. Why has Emily's daughter come to stay with her?
(a) Because she has fallen ill.
(b) Because she was recenly released from prison.
(c) Because she split up from her husband.
(d) Because she lost her job.
6. Who stands up for Willi Varig when he is too drunk to address the audience at the convention he had been hired to speak at?
(a) No one stands up for Willi.
(b) Emily's daughter.
(c) Emily's boss.
7. What school subject does Vance teach in the story "The Amish Farmer"?
8. In the story "Sonny's Blues," what does the narrator do for a living?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is an artist.
9. What prompts the gypsy man to raise his head and shout a war cry in the story, "The Fisherman from Chihuahua"?
(a) There is no reason for his war cry.
(b) The music on the radio.
(c) A broadcast on television news.
(d) An article in the newspaper.
10. If Sonny could choose any of the following occupations for himself, which would he choose?
(c) Police Officer.
11. Which of the following food items does Louise eat in front of her husband as an act of defiance?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) A candy bar.
(d) A chocolate chip cookie.
12. How are Sonny and the narrator related in "Sonny's Blues"?
(a) They are father and son.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are cousins.
13. What is George's wife's name?
14. Which of the following facts is NOT true of John Williams?
(a) He is dark skinned.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is a bully.
15. What is the name of Louise's college roommate?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following ancient tribes is the gypsy compared in the story "The Fisherman from Chihuahua"?
2. Which of the following facts is true about Eugene Kraft in "A Poetic for Bullies"?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the girl in the story "Verona"?
4. What act of affection do Lewis and Arty share before Arty leaves his father alone in the hospital?
5. In "Verona," how does the mother in the story react when she sees her husband feeding birds with their daughter?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)