|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bystander, The Amish Farmer, 1/3, 1/3, 1/3, Verona: A Young Woman Speaks, and Talk of Heroes..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is Sonny's drink of choice?
2. What terrible weather occurred when Sarah went missing?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Vance's student, Katie Jay, in the story, "The Amish Farmer"?
4. What school subject does Vance teach in the story "The Amish Farmer"?
5. Who died, prompting the narrator to contact Sonny?
(a) The narrator's daughter.
(b) The narrator's son.
(c) The narrator's father.
(d) The narrator's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Verona," how does the mother in the story react when she sees her husband feeding birds with their daughter?
2. What story element is Vance trying to explain through his retelling of "The Amish Farmer"?
3. In the story, "The Bystander," who did Arty's father attack before being committed to a mental institution?
4. What reason does George give to others who ask why his wife continues to stay with him?
5. How much older is George than his wife?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)