|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bystander, The Amish Farmer, 1/3, 1/3, 1/3, Verona: A Young Woman Speaks, and Talk of Heroes..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does George give to others who ask why his wife continues to stay with him?
(a) Because she is in love.
(b) Because she is simple-minded.
(c) Because she has no other options.
(d) Because she trusts him explicitly.
2. Who is the co-editor of this collection along with Tom Jenks?
(a) Raymond Carver.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Junot Diaz.
(d) John Steinbeck.
3. In "Verona," how does the mother in the story react when she sees her husband feeding birds with their daughter?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She is pleased.
4. How many people's lives did Willi help save thanks to his heroic efforts in WWII?
(a) 3 people's lives.
(b) 13 people's lives.
(c) 23 people's lives.
(d) 33 people's lives.
5. What is the name of Emily's daughter in the story "Talk of Heroes"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Weekend," what did George do for a living before retiring?
2. In the story the writer is composing in the tale "1/3, 1/3, 1/3," with whom does the lead character fall in love?
3. To what does the narrator in the story "1/3, 1/3, 1/3" compare his neighbor, the poor woman?
4. What does Lewis complain about during his meeting with Arty?
5. How many stories are included in this collection?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)