|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bystander, The Amish Farmer, 1/3, 1/3, 1/3, Verona: A Young Woman Speaks, and Talk of Heroes..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possession does the narrator in the story "1/3, 1/3, 1/3" have that is tantalizing to his neighbor woman?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A clothes iron.
(c) A bathtub.
(d) A tractor.
2. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is Sonny's drink of choice?
3. What is the name of Noel's wife in the story "The Amish Farmer"?
4. How many stories are included in this collection?
(a) 26 stories.
(b) 16 stories.
(c) 46 stories.
(d) 36 stories.
5. What news does Arty receive about his father on the first day he visits him in the mental institution?
(a) That his father is innocent of his crimes.
(b) That his father is ill.
(c) That his father is going to be released.
(d) That his father is going to be transferred to another hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "The Amish Farmer," why does Noel drive off the road in Amish country?
2. Who was the last person Sarah was with before she disappeared?
3. What story element is Vance trying to explain through his retelling of "The Amish Farmer"?
4. In the story "Sonny's Blues," what does the narrator do for a living?
5. In which of the following New York City boroughs did Sonny grow up?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)