|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bystander, The Amish Farmer, 1/3, 1/3, 1/3, Verona: A Young Woman Speaks, and Talk of Heroes..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sarah doing at the time she disappeared?
(b) Rock climbing.
2. Who stands up for Willi Varig when he is too drunk to address the audience at the convention he had been hired to speak at?
(b) Emily's daughter.
(c) No one stands up for Willi.
(d) Emily's boss.
3. Which of the following best describes the genre of the stories the editors chose for this collection?
4. In "Verona," how does the mother in the story react when she sees her husband feeding birds with their daughter?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is confused.
5. What is the name of Noel's wife in the story "The Amish Farmer"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug was Sonny arrested for selling?
2. How many stories are included in this collection?
3. Whose death prompted Sonny to start using drugs?
4. In the story the writer is composing in the tale "1/3, 1/3, 1/3," with whom does the lead character fall in love?
5. In the story "Sonny's Blues," in which branch of the armed forces did the narrator serve?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)