|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lover of Horses, Redemption, Dream Children, and The Ledge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, "Rock Springs," what handicap affects Terrel?
(a) Terrel does not have a handicap.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is blind.
2. To what does the narrator in the story "1/3, 1/3, 1/3" compare his neighbor, the poor woman?
(a) To a stone.
(b) To a flower.
(c) To a child.
(d) To a dog.
3. What drug was Sonny arrested for selling?
4. In the story, "The Fisherman From Chihuahua," what type of business does Pendleton own?
(a) A tailor shop.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A barber shop.
(d) A car garage.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the girl in the story "Verona"?
(a) She is oftend complimented on her "goodness."
(b) She is dressed in royal clothing.
(c) She is fed only the best foods.
(d) She is an avid reader of fairy tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of books most interest the narrator in the story "Dream Children"?
2. What country had John Williams been traveling in before settling in Push's neighborhood?
3. Which of the following examples is NOT a way that Push attempts to show dominance over John Williams?
4. In the story "Fever", who is Carol?
5. As an adult, which of the following facts about Sean is NOT true?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)