|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lover of Horses, Redemption, Dream Children, and The Ledge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sarah goes missing in the story "Weekend," how does Julie search for her?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a bicycle.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a car.
2. Who does the narrator of the story "Dream Children" claim to meet with during her times of travel?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her daughter.
3. How many stories are included in this collection?
(a) 16 stories.
(b) 46 stories.
(c) 36 stories.
(d) 26 stories.
4. In the story the writer is composing in the tale "1/3, 1/3, 1/3," with whom does the lead character fall in love?
(a) A convict.
(b) A princess.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A waitress.
5. In "The Ledge," which of the following adjectives would the wife use to describe her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday does the fisherman take his son and nephew out into the water to shoot ducks?
2. What did the narrator's mother most love about the narrator's father in the story "The Lover of Horses"?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Vance's student, Katie Jay, in the story, "The Amish Farmer"?
4. What were the doctors who took Sean's father away carrying?
5. How does Sean react when he gets stuck in the elevator with the young man?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)