|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaac discover when he awakens outside Detroit with Baron in Book Three?
(a) His watch has been stolen.
(b) His car has been stolen.
(c) The police are converging on him.
(d) Baron is stealing his money.
2. What store does Isaac go to shop at in Book Four?
3. What does Henry grapple with in Book Four?
(a) His father's murder.
(b) His daughter's husband.
(c) His mortality.
(d) His imprisonment.
4. Who does the gang that Poe has been hanging out with in prison ask him to beat up in Book Three?
(b) A guard.
(c) A black inmate.
5. Why does Grace struggle with hiring a lawyer for her son in Book Three?
(a) Because there are no lawyers for miles.
(b) Because she has a criminal record.
(c) Because she believes he is guilty.
(d) Because she has little money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prisoner demand from Poe's tray in Book Three?
2. Who is the wife of a wealthy local businessman that meets Grace at the bar in Book Four?
3. The justice of the peace tells Harris in Book Three, "Good deeds will not" what?
4. What object does Isaac lose when he flees the cops in Book Three?
5. Where does Isaac go to attend to his hygiene after stealing items from the store in Book Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Grace and Harris discuss when he visits her in Book Four?
2. What internal conflict does Poe face while in solitary confinement in Book Four?
3. How has Poe's character evolved in Book Three? How does the author illustrate the changes in Poe's character?
4. What is significant about Isaac's use of the phrase "Badge of Honor" in Book Four?
5. What leads up to the cafeteria fight between Poe and another inmate in Book Three?
6. How has Issac's character evolved in Book Three? How are the changes in Isaac's character revealed?
7. How has Isaac English's character evolved in Book Four? How does the author illustrate the changes in Isaac?
8. What is foreshadowed by the conversation between Grace and Harris in Book Four?
9. What internal conflicts does Henry English face in Book Four?
10. How is the theme of decay illustrated in Book Three of American Rust?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)