|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the three leaders of the white group at Poe's prison in Book Three?
(a) Virgil, Jacob, and Roger.
(b) Hicks, Lee, and Harris.
(c) Simon, Jack, and Joey.
(d) Black Larry, Dwayne, and Clovis.
2. What does the justice of the peace warn Harris about when they meet in Book Three?
(a) His wife's adultery.
(b) The investigation of Steve Ho.
(c) Harris's friendship with Murray.
(d) Harris's relationship with Grace.
3. Whom does Grace blame for not being a better father to Poe in Book Three?
4. How do the inmates plan to get Poe alone with the person they want him to beat up in Book Three?
(a) They will get him to work at the guard station.
(b) A prison riot.
(d) They will get him locked in solitary.
5. With whom does Grace have an intimate encounter with in the beginning of Book Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poe make from cloth his first day in prison in Book Three?
2. What is Poe's punishment for fighting with his cell-mate in Book Four?
3. What weapon does Isaac steal in Book Four?
4. Who is the justice of the peace that calls Harris in Book Three?
5. What does Grace hand over to Harris in the end of Book Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is illustrated through the theft of Isaac's money in Book Three?
2. How has Poe's character evolved in Book Three? How does the author illustrate the changes in Poe's character?
3. What internal conflict does Poe face while in solitary confinement in Book Four?
4. How is the theme of sacrifice explored in Book Four of American Rust?
5. What does Poe decide to do at the end of Book Three? Why?
6. What is the resulting outcome of Poe's fight in the cafeteria in Book Three?
7. What ultimatum does Billy Poe face with the white prison gang in Book Three? What is demonstrated through this ultimatum?
8. How has Billy Poe's character evolved in Book Four? What has led to the changes in Poe's character?
9. What inner conflicts does Grace Poe face in the beginning of Book Three?
10. What does Bud Harris discuss with his friends Riley, Chester, and Frank at the Dead End bar in Book Four?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)