|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry grapple with in Book Four?
(a) His father's murder.
(b) His mortality.
(c) His imprisonment.
(d) His daughter's husband.
2. Where do Grace and Harris meet in the end of Book Four?
(a) At Lee's home.
(b) At Harris's home.
(c) At Grace's home.
(d) At a hotel room.
3. What word from Book Four refers to an instance of turning something aside from its course?
4. What is the name of Poe's cell-mate in prison?
5. What does Poe learn happened to his cell-mate while he is in solitary?
(a) He was released from prison.
(b) He died from his wounds.
(c) He was hospitalized.
(d) He committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isaac use to pay for his and Baron's food at the diner in Book Three?
2. Whom does Grace blame for not being a better father to Poe in Book Three?
3. Where did Harris's friends at the bar work previously in Book Four?
4. What does Poe learn will happen to him regarding the incident with his cell-mate in Book Four?
5. What does the justice of the peace suggest that Harris do in Book Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Grace and Harris discuss when he visits her in Book Four?
2. What is foreshadowed by the conversation between Grace and Harris in Book Four?
3. What internal conflict does Poe face while in solitary confinement in Book Four?
4. What is illustrated through the theft of Isaac's money in Book Three?
5. What is the resulting outcome of Poe's fight in the cafeteria in Book Three?
6. What leads up to the cafeteria fight between Poe and another inmate in Book Three?
7. What does Bud Harris discuss with his friends Riley, Chester, and Frank at the Dead End bar in Book Four?
8. What is significant about Isaac's use of the phrase "Badge of Honor" in Book Four?
9. How has Isaac English's character evolved in Book Four? How does the author illustrate the changes in Isaac?
10. How is the theme of decay illustrated in Book Three of American Rust?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)