|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who among the drifters at the car factory is described as a smaller Mexican man?
2. What is the white supremacist group that Isaac surmises Daryl is a member of in Book Two?
(a) White Knights.
3. How much money has Issac stolen from his father in Book One?
4. Why does Isaac return to the murder scene in Book Two?
(a) To get his jacket.
(b) To meet Harris.
(c) To get his backpack.
(d) To meet Poe.
5. What is the name of Poe's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of evidence does Poe realize he left at the scene of the murder in Book One?
2. What does Poe take with him when he goes into the woods from his house in Book Two?
3. How old is Poe in Book One?
4. From whose house is Poe walking home in the beginning of Book Two?
5. What do the teenage boys say after they've beaten up Isaac in Book Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book Two, the language surrounding Isaac's narrative begins to transition. What purpose does this transition serve?
2. What happens when Billy Poe is officially arrested for murder in Book Two?
3. Where does Isaac encounter the teenage thugs in Book Two? What happens when he encounters them?
4. Describe the character of Bud Harris in the narrative. What is revealed about Harris's inner thoughts in Book Two?
5. What secrets are revealed in Book Two? How do these secrets serve the plot?
6. Describe the murder in Book One. What leads up to the murder?
7. What political struggles and conflicts plague Bud Harris in Book Two?
8. What happens when Harris confronts Poe in the woods in Book Two?
9. How does the theme of fatalism apply to Grace and Billy Poe in Book One?
10. How would you describe the atmosphere of the setting and characters in Book One?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)