|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Isaac go to attend to his hygiene after stealing items from the store in Book Four?
(a) To his girlfriend's apartment.
(b) To a stream.
(c) To a gas station bathroom.
(d) To a hotel.
2. What word from Book Four refers to an instance of turning something aside from its course?
3. Whom does Lee's father tell her not to trust in Book Three?
4. Why does Grace struggle with hiring a lawyer for her son in Book Three?
(a) Because she has a criminal record.
(b) Because she has little money.
(c) Because she believes he is guilty.
(d) Because there are no lawyers for miles.
5. What does Poe make from cloth his first day in prison in Book Three?
(a) A head-wrap.
(b) A belt.
(d) A scarf.
6. What is Poe's punishment for fighting with his cell-mate in Book Four?
(a) An additional 3 years to his sentence.
(b) Solitary confinement.
(c) He must clean the bathrooms.
(d) He must clean the cafeteria.
7. What does Poe's cell-mate masturbate to in the cell with Poe in Book Four?
(a) A fellow inmate exposing himself.
(b) A female guard exposing herself.
(c) A male guard exposing himself.
(d) A magazine picture.
8. What word from Book Four refers to a person without a home, job, or property?
9. Where do Grace and Harris meet in the end of Book Four?
(a) At a hotel room.
(b) At Lee's home.
(c) At Grace's home.
(d) At Harris's home.
10. What is Lee's father's name?
11. What weapon is Isaac wielding when the cops begin chasing him in Book Three?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sword.
12. Harris's friends discuss town gossip in Book Four, including criticism of Harris's relationship with whom?
13. The justice of the peace tells Harris in Book Three, "Good deeds will not" what?
(a) "Get you to Heaven."
(b) "Go unrecognized."
(c) "Gain employment."
(d) "Go unpunished."
14. What weapon does Isaac steal in Book Four?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A knife.
(d) A taser.
15. What does Grace do when Harris comes over to talk about Poe's case in Book Three?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She cooks dinner.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She kicks him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Otto referred to as throughout the narrative?
2. How does Isaac consider committing suicide in Book Four?
3. What does Poe learn will happen to him regarding the incident with his cell-mate in Book Four?
4. Who does Grace believe committed the murder in Book Three?
5. Whom does Grace blame for not being a better father to Poe in Book Three?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)