|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lee's father tell her not to trust in Book Three?
2. Who does Lee plan to ask for money to help locate Isaac in Book Three?
3. How does the wife of the local wealthy businessman regard Grace when they meet at the bar in Book Four?
(a) With disgust.
(b) With complete disregard.
(c) With envy.
(d) With sympathy.
4. How do the prison guards feel about Poe's cell-mate?
(a) They like him.
(b) They look up to him.
(c) They envy him.
(d) They hate him.
5. Where do Grace and Harris meet in the end of Book Four?
(a) At Lee's home.
(b) At Grace's home.
(c) At Harris's home.
(d) At a hotel room.
6. What food items does Isaac steal in Book Four?
(a) Energy bars.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Bread and cheese.
7. The justice of the peace tells Harris in Book Three, "Good deeds will not" what?
(a) "Get you to Heaven."
(b) "Go unrecognized."
(c) "Gain employment."
(d) "Go unpunished."
8. What does the justice of the peace warn Harris about when they meet in Book Three?
(a) His wife's adultery.
(b) The investigation of Steve Ho.
(c) Harris's friendship with Murray.
(d) Harris's relationship with Grace.
9. Where does Harris go to meet the justice of the peace in Book Three?
(a) At his home.
(b) On his plane.
(c) On his boat.
(d) At his office.
10. Who does the gang that Poe has been hanging out with in prison ask him to beat up in Book Three?
(b) A guard.
(d) A black inmate.
11. What word from Book Four refers to a person without a home, job, or property?
12. What is the name of Poe's cell-mate in prison?
13. What object does Isaac lose when he flees the cops in Book Three?
(a) His keys.
(b) His ring.
(c) His gun.
(d) His knife.
14. What does Poe do when the other prisoner demands food from his tray in Book Three?
(a) He gives it to him.
(b) He calls for a guard.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He beats him up.
15. Who are the three leaders of the white group at Poe's prison in Book Three?
(a) Hicks, Lee, and Harris.
(b) Virgil, Jacob, and Roger.
(c) Black Larry, Dwayne, and Clovis.
(d) Simon, Jack, and Joey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the group that is coddling Isaac described in Book Three?
2. What does Isaac dream about when he and Baron are sleeping outside of Detroit in Book Three?
3. In Book Four, Grace wonders whether who would have been a better father to her son?
4. Where does Isaac go in order to stash the items he steals from the store in Book Four?
5. What word from Book Three means a wild and noisy disorder or confusion?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)