|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaac dream about when he and Baron are sleeping outside of Detroit in Book Three?
(a) His friendship with Harris.
(b) His horse.
(d) His family.
2. What does Poe make from cloth his first day in prison in Book Three?
(b) A scarf.
(c) A belt.
(d) A head-wrap.
3. What does Grace hand over to Harris in the end of Book Four?
(a) All of her money.
(b) Virgil's ring.
(c) Simon's checkbook.
(d) Poe's weapons.
4. What food items does Isaac steal in Book Four?
(a) Bread and cheese.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Energy bars.
5. How far are Isaac and Baron from Detroit when they get off the train in Book Three?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
6. What object does Isaac lose when he flees the cops in Book Three?
(a) His gun.
(b) His ring.
(c) His knife.
(d) His keys.
7. What is the name of Poe's cell-mate in prison?
8. Whom does Lee's father tell her not to trust in Book Three?
9. How is the cafeteria at the prison segregated?
(a) By race.
(b) By age.
(c) By gender.
(d) By offence.
10. What does the justice of the peace warn Harris about when they meet in Book Three?
(a) The investigation of Steve Ho.
(b) Harris's friendship with Murray.
(c) His wife's adultery.
(d) Harris's relationship with Grace.
11. What does the prisoner demand from Poe's tray in Book Three?
(a) A hamburger.
(b) A sausage.
(c) His bacon.
(d) A slice of pizza.
12. What store does Isaac go to shop at in Book Four?
13. What couple comes to meet Grace at the bar to cheer her up in Book Four?
(a) Ray and Rosalyn.
(b) Marie and Jason.
(c) Lee and Sarah.
(d) Murray and Emily.
14. What is Lee's father's name?
15. What does Poe learn will happen to him regarding the incident with his cell-mate in Book Four?
(a) He will be charged for murder.
(b) He will be charged for fighting.
(c) He won't be charged.
(d) He will be charged for attempted murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Grace have an intimate encounter with in the beginning of Book Three?
2. Harris's friends discuss town gossip in Book Four, including criticism that Harris let Poe off too easily several years ago when he'd done what?
3. The justice of the peace tells Harris in Book Three, "Good deeds will not" what?
4. What does the justice of the peace suggest that Harris do in Book Three?
5. Who does the officer ask for at Lee's door in Book Three?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)