|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Isaac's father's former profession?
(a) He was a professor.
(b) He was a butcher.
(c) He was a steelworker.
(d) He was a coal miner.
2. How much money has Issac stolen from his father in Book One?
3. How does Isaac know Daryl Foster?
(a) From high school.
(b) From the soccer team.
(c) From the mill.
(d) From prison.
4. What word from Book Two refers to a thing that is necessary for the achievement to an ends?
5. What did Harris catch Virgil stealing previously?
(b) A dump truck.
(c) A car.
(d) Copper wire.
6. What does Grace dream of doing in Book One?
(a) Getting married to Virgil.
(b) Getting married to Murray.
(c) Going away or to school.
(d) Getting a job at the factory.
7. Where is Poe's cell-mate when he arrives at prison in Book Two?
(a) In the shower.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) In solitary confinement.
(d) In the parole room.
8. What sport did Poe excell at in high school?
9. Whom does Poe tell Lee is responsible for the murder in Book Two?
10. How many of his full-time officers is Harris facing laying off due to budget shortages in Book Two?
11. What item of evidence does Poe realize he left at the scene of the murder in Book One?
(a) His football jacket.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His backpack.
12. What does Harris warn Poe to do when he releases him from jail in Book Two?
(a) Burn his shoes.
(b) Hide his guns.
(c) Tell his mother the truth.
(d) Hide his knife.
13. Who among the drifters that appear at the car factory is described as a seven-foot-tall Swede?
14. What is Daryl Foster spraypainting on a wall when Isaac encounters him in Book Two?
(a) His initials.
(b) A Nietzsche quote.
(c) A Thoreau quote.
(d) A swastika.
15. What did Harris do when he caught Virgil stealing previously?
(a) He had him charged with additional crimes.
(b) He let him go.
(c) He put him in jail for 30 days.
(d) He beat him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poe take with him when he goes into the woods from his house in Book Two?
2. How did Isaac try to kill himself?
3. What did Poe use in the past to beat a boy up until he had brain damage?
4. How did Isaac's mother die?
5. Of what crime does Harris know his friend on the city council that is being investigated to be guilty?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)