|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Poe been stabbed when he returns home from the car factory in Book One?
(a) His arm.
(b) His neck.
(c) His leg.
(d) His chest.
2. Where did Lee attend college?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Brown University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard University.
3. What is the white supremacist group that Isaac surmises Daryl is a member of in Book Two?
(d) White Knights.
4. What kind of car does Poe have?
(a) A '73 Camaro.
(b) A '57 Chevy truck.
(c) A '67 Corvette.
(d) A '69 Beetle.
5. How are Baron's friends described in Book Two?
6. Whom does Isaac kill at the car factory?
7. What is Poe's intention in going to the woods in the beginning of Book Two?
(a) To meet Isaac.
(b) To run away.
(c) To hunt deer.
(d) To kill himself.
8. What did Harris catch Virgil stealing previously?
(a) Copper wire.
(b) A car.
(d) A dump truck.
9. Whom does Poe tell Lee is responsible for the murder in Book Two?
10. Where does Lee now live with her husband in Book One?
(b) New Mexico.
11. What do Isaac and Poe agree to do when they return to the car factory after the murder in Book One?
(a) Burn down the factory and hide all the evidence.
(b) Kill themselves.
(c) Call the police and turn themselves in.
(d) Submerge the body in the river and retrieve the evidence.
12. How does Isaac escape when he and Poe are initially confronted by the vagrants in the car factory?
(a) He claims he has a phone call.
(b) He claims he has a car outside.
(c) He claims he has epilepsy.
(d) He claims he has to urinate.
13. Where is Poe's cell-mate when he arrives at prison in Book Two?
(a) In solitary confinement.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) In the parole room.
(d) In the shower.
14. What item of evidence does Poe realize he left at the scene of the murder in Book One?
(a) His backpack.
(b) His football jacket.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His wallet.
15. What makes Isaac's journey difficult in Book Two?
(a) His car keeps breaking down.
(b) His shoes are too tight.
(c) He has been shot.
(d) His leg is hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Issac stolen from his father in Book One?
2. What is Daryl Foster spraypainting on a wall when Isaac encounters him in Book Two?
3. What does Isaac use to commit the murder in Book One?
4. How is Poe's physique described in Book One?
5. What does Isaac realize he left at the murder scene in Book One?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)