|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Books Five and Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poe do when his lawyer arrives to see him in Book Four?
(a) He tells her Isaac is guilty of the murder.
(b) He asks for a phone call.
(c) He confesses to the murder.
(d) He refuses to see her.
2. What word from Book Three means a wild and noisy disorder or confusion?
3. From where has Poe's cell-mate in prison just returned in Book Four?
(a) A meeting with his lawyer.
(b) Solitary confinement.
(c) The prison library.
(d) A parole hearing.
4. What is Isaac's ultimate destination as he flees his hometown in Book One?
5. Why does Isaac return to the murder scene in Book Two?
(a) To meet Poe.
(b) To get his jacket.
(c) To meet Harris.
(d) To get his backpack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the fellow gang members want Poe to beat someone up in Book Three?
2. How does Henry decide to commit suicide in Book Six?
3. What is Poe's punishment for fighting with his cell-mate in Book Four?
4. What word from Book Four refers to an instance of turning something aside from its course?
5. What food items does Isaac steal in Book Four?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)