1. How old is Isaac English in the beginning of the novel?
2. In what town has Isaac grown up?
3. How is Isaac's physicality described in the narrative?
(a) Tall and fat.
(b) Short and fat.
(c) Small and wispy.
(d) Tall and muscular.
4. How much money has Issac stolen from his father in Book One?
5. What is Isaac's father's former profession?
(a) He was a butcher.
(b) He was a coal miner.
(c) He was a professor.
(d) He was a steelworker.
6. What is Isaac's ultimate destination as he flees his hometown in Book One?
7. How old is Poe in Book One?
8. How is Poe's physique described in Book One?
(a) He is small and wispy.
(b) He is short and fat.
(c) He is tall and muscular.
(d) He is tall and skinny.
9. What industry at the heart of the hometown where Isaac and Poe live?
(a) A brick factory.
(b) A steel mill.
(c) An ironworks.
(d) A lumber mill.
This section contains 4,334 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)