|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the people who goes to Nell's at the start of this section of the book?
(a) Alex Taylor.
(b) Paul Owen.
(d) Patrick Bateman.
2. What does Bateman try to use in order to escape from the police during his killing spree?
(a) Someone's car.
(b) A bus.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A motorcycle.
3. Who suggests that Bateman does not look happy when he goes out to visit this person?
(c) His mother.
4. Who is the 1980s band that Bateman discusses in detail after the scene with the police officers and the escape?
(c) Whitney Houston.
(d) Huey Lewis and the News.
5. What does Bateman share with Jean that he really hasn't shared with anyone else in his life?
(a) His knowledge of trivia.
(b) His urges to kill.
(c) His real name.
(d) His family history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes over to Luis and Bateman to help distract Luis long enough for Bateman to escape?
2. What does Bateman do with the girl he picks up at the club? Ties her up and uses the _______________ to kill her.
3. Bateman decides against the gym killing spree because the ________ and the murder the night before has sated his urge to kill.
4. Evelyn believes that her special present has come from ___________ because of the box it is in.
5. What does Luis do when Bateman tries to make him get away from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bateman ensnare the child when he decides to go to the zoo one day?
2. Why does Bateman not end up shooting and killing everyone at the gym where he works out?
3. What does Bateman decide to do after he is done killing the two women in his apartment?
4. Why is Luis moving back to Arizona, according to Luis when he runs into Bateman at Barney's?
5. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
6. Why does Bateman decide to go to dinner with his brother, even though he is not very close to him?
7. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
8. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
9. What does Bateman find about his feelings toward Jean after he leaves her at her apartment building?
10. Why is Bateman bored as he is hanging out with McDermott and Taylor?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)