|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bateman finds himself without plans for dinner, who does he decide to ask to go out with him?
2. What does Bateman encourage the two women he invites over to his apartment to do?
(a) Kill each other.
(b) Leave before he kills them.
(c) Have sex with each other.
(d) Watch a movie.
3. What does Bateman fail to order when he goes out with McDermott to Smith & Wollensky?
(a) Hash browns.
(b) Orange juice.
(d) Wheat toast.
4. What happens when Bateman arrives at his office building? What does he realize?
(a) He's lost his gun.
(b) It's the wrong building.
(c) It's locked up.
(d) He doesn't want to live.
5. Why did the prostitute from the meat packing district agree to go back with Bateman, even after the last time's events?
(a) More money and promise for less pain.
(b) She didn't. She was forced.
(c) She loves Bateman.
(d) She is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bateman share with Jean that he really hasn't shared with anyone else in his life?
2. Who is Courtney planning on marrying soon, according to the narrative in the text?
3. Bateman denies having feelings for ___________ even though she admits her love freely.
4. At the same time, Bateman can see himself ______________ with the woman who loves him, even though he says he doesn't love her.
5. What does Bateman give to Jean at the end of the night of their first date together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the reservation that Bateman pretended to have in order to get into an exclusive restaurant?
2. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
3. What does Bateman find about his feelings toward Jean after he leaves her at her apartment building?
4. What adds to Bateman's frustration about the night he is spending at Nell's with some other men?
5. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
6. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
7. What does Bateman decide to do after he is done killing the two women in his apartment?
8. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
9. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
10. What does Bateman discover when he goes back to look at the body of Paul Owen?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)