|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What touches the head of the muskrat in 'White Night'?
2. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the muskrat's house to?
3. What does the narrator drop into the grass in 'The Meeting'?
4. How many things does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must do in the world?
5. What flows through the branches of the plum trees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the 'Lost Children', and what were some of the theories Oliver had about these circumstances.
Essay Topic 2
What did Oliver learn from the blue heron, and how did this change her actions?
Essay Topic 3
Many of these poems dealt with Oliver's thoughts about the treatment of Indians. What are some of the main incidents of this, and how was her tone and opinion presented in these poems?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)