|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many snakes are seen by the narrator in 'The Snakes'?
2. What makes the narrator of 'Fish' and the fish one?
3. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
4. Why must bodies be held back in 'Humpbacks'?
5. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say people long for before their death?
Essay Topic 1
What was the main theme in 'Flying' and what kinds of literary devices were used to present this interesting and unique theme?
Essay Topic 2
What did Oliver state about happiness in 'The Plum Trees', and how were these ideas substantiated?
Essay Topic 3
Many mother and daughter relationships were described in this collection of poems. What were some of these highlighted relationships, and how did they affect Oliver and her writing?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)