|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Little Sister Pond'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' think the earth does before it becomes Heaven?
3. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
4. What kind of mythical creature does the narrator compare herself to in 'Music'?
5. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
Essay Topic 1
Some of these poems alluded to Oliver's belief in God and her religious views. How did this this religious center affect the tone of the poems and the messages being presented in them?
Essay Topic 2
In 'Crossing the Swamp' Oliver talks about how trials and hardships have shaped her life. What are some of the ways her life was shaped by these things, and how did she present these ideas in this poem.
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were described. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)