|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flows through the branches of the plum trees?
2. What kind of life would the narrator of 'The Meeting' like to live?
3. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say people long for before their death?
4. What is the narrator doing in 'White Night'?
5. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
2. What does the narrator of 'Honey at the Table' say the taste of honey is composed of?
3. What is said to have happened to Tecumseh's body?
4. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
5. What does honey fill a person with according to the narrator of 'Honey at the Table'?
6. How does the narrator say a person would know Tecumseh if they saw him?
7. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
8. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
9. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
10. What happens in the sixth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the 'Lost Children', and what were some of the theories Oliver had about these circumstances.
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the questions asked in 'The Gardens' and how did their unanswered status affect the tone of the poem?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the different natural settings included in this collection, and what did they each indicate about Oliver's personality?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)