Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes nameless in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
2. What was the narrator of 'Bluefish' doing when she saw the Bluefish?
3. What do the leaves on the honey tree look like?
4. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' love as she climbs the honey tree?
5. What does the narrator not want to do in 'White Night'?
Essay Topic 1
Which poem did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? What about this poem touched you, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the questions asked in 'The Gardens' and how did their unanswered status affect the tone of the poem?
Essay Topic 3
Oliver puts a huge emphasis on optimism in many of these poems. Which poems presented this idea, and how did they differ in the way each presented this theme?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)