|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the trees in the 'Blackwater Woods' give off?
2. Why must bodies be held back in 'Humpbacks'?
3. What is the country made of in 'Humpbacks'?
4. What touches the head of the muskrat in 'White Night'?
5. What is described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
2. What happens in the sixth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
3. How does the narrator say a person would know Tecumseh if they saw him?
4. What does the narrator of 'Honey at the Table' say the taste of honey is composed of?
5. What is the first big question asked of the reader in 'Tecumseh'?
6. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
7. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
8. What does Tecumseh mean?
9. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
10. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main theme in 'Flying' and what kinds of literary devices were used to present this interesting and unique theme?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were described. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to the 'Lost Children', and what were some of the theories Oliver had about these circumstances.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)