|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What storms in 'May'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
3. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
4. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
5. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
2. What is said to have happened to Tecumseh's body?
3. What happens in the fifth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Honey at the Table' say the taste of honey is composed of?
5. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
6. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
7. What happens in the sixth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
8. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
9. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main theme in 'Flying' and what kinds of literary devices were used to present this interesting and unique theme?
Essay Topic 2
What did Oliver learn from the blue heron, and how did this change her actions?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were described. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)