|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
2. In 'The Honey Tree', what is found in the honey tree?
3. What begins the day in 'Morning at Great Pond'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Music' make music with?
5. Why must bodies be held back in 'Humpbacks'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
2. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
3. What does honey fill a person with according to the narrator of 'Honey at the Table'?
4. What is the question asked at the end of 'The Garden'?
5. What are the snakes compared to in 'Snakes'?
6. What is the narrator's head full of in 'Blackberries'?
7. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
8. What does the narrator of 'Little Sister Pond' compare the moon to?
9. How does the narrator say a person would know Tecumseh if they saw him?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were described. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the questions asked in 'The Gardens' and how did their unanswered status affect the tone of the poem?
Essay Topic 3
What did Oliver learn from the blue heron, and how did this change her actions?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)