Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
2. What is the whorehouse filled with?
3. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
4. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
5. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
2. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
3. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
4. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
5. Who was John Chapman?
6. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
7. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
8. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
9. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
Essay Topic 1
Foolishness was a very common folly highlighted in this collection of poems. What are some of the main examples of this, and what message was being sent through these examples of blatant foolishness?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were described. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
What did Oliver learn from the blue heron, and how did this change her actions?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)