Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
2. What is the whorehouse filled with?
3. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
4. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
5. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
2. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
3. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
4. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
5. Who was John Chapman?
6. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
7. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
8. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
9. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the tone of the poems that had this as a central theme?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were described. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
There was a lot of interesting advice given and received in these poems. What are some examples of this advice, and what were the consequences of it?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)