Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
2. What is the whorehouse filled with?
3. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
4. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
5. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
2. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
3. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
4. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
5. Who was John Chapman?
6. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
7. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
8. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
9. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
In 'Crossing the Swamp' Oliver talks about how trials and hardships have shaped her life. What are some of the ways her life was shaped by these things, and how did she present these ideas in this poem.
What was the main theme in 'Flying' and what kinds of literary devices were used to present this interesting and unique theme?
There was a lot of interesting advice given and received in these poems. What are some examples of this advice, and what were the consequences of it?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)