|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the moles hide under in 'Moles'?
2. How did Isaac feel when he returned to the world in 'The Lost Children'?
3. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
4. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
5. Who killed a crow the week before in 'Crows and Owls'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the alligator in 'Postcard From Flamingo' do?
2. What is the question asked at the end of 'The Garden'?
3. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
4. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
5. What do the Sioux say about ghosts in the poem 'Ghosts'?
6. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
7. What is the central theme in the first four poems?
8. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
9. What does the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' love about the woods?
10. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were described. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Which poem did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? What about this poem touched you, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these poems. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)