|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the coming morning to?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) An open shutter.
(c) A glass shattering.
(d) A chaotic ending.
2. What does the narrator of 'Music' compare the body to?
(a) A prop for ears.
(b) A musical stanza.
(c) A honey locust tree.
(d) A sweet forest glade.
3. In 'Humpbacks', what does the narrator say holds the most allure for people?
(a) The ocean.
(c) Their past.
(d) Their dreams.
4. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To be one with the sea.
(b) To have her lover by her side.
(c) To spend her life by the sea.
(d) To have her life and her legs joined.
5. How does the sea move, as described in the poem 'The Sea'?
(a) Stroke by stroke.
(b) Splash by splash.
(c) Wave by wave.
(d) Wind by wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' compare herself to as she climb's the honey tree?
2. What can be seen by an animal in 'Spring'?
3. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
5. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say people long for before their death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tecumseh mean?
2. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
3. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
4. What does honey fill a person with according to the narrator of 'Honey at the Table'?
5. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
6. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
7. What does the narrator say mankind is nourished by in 'The Fish'?
8. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
9. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
10. What is the question asked at the end of 'The Garden'?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)