|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) Her mate.
(b) The narrator.
(c) An intruder.
(d) Her hatchlings.
2. What makes the narrator of 'Fish' and the fish one?
(a) When she watches it die.
(b) When she releases it to the ocean.
(c) When it bites her.
(d) When she eats it.
3. Where did the narrator of 'Music' later hear the music again?
(a) Behind closed doors.
(b) In her dreams.
(c) In her memories.
(d) At her workplace.
4. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
(a) Their coming death.
(b) Their reason for life.
(c) The place of our existence.
(d) Their potential for giving.
5. What becomes nameless in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The trees.
(c) The ponds.
(d) The travellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' think the earth does before it becomes Heaven?
2. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
3. What does the narrator spend time looking at in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Humpbacks' compare the jumps of a humpback to?
5. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)