|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holds the Bluefish quietly?
(a) The sky.
(b) The minnows.
(c) The sea.
(d) The glass.
2. What does the narrator of 'Music' make music with?
(a) A flute.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Some reeds.
(d) A drum.
3. What does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must love?
4. What does the rising sun in 'Morning at Great Pond' make the night do?
(d) Bequeath its throne.
5. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' compare herself to as she climb's the honey tree?
(a) All of these.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bear.
(d) A bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator of 'White Night' want to lose herself?
2. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
3. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
4. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
5. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Little Sister Pond' compare the moon to?
2. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
3. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
4. What happens in the fifth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
5. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
6. What is the narrator's head full of in 'Blackberries'?
7. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
8. What does the narrator say mankind is nourished by in 'The Fish'?
9. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
10. What are the snakes compared to in 'Snakes'?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)