|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Fish', what does the fish refuse to do?
(a) Bite the hook.
(b) Leave its cave.
(c) Die quietly.
(d) Release the hook.
2. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to?
3. Which of these words does the narrator use to describe the rain in 'Spring'?
(a) All of these.
4. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) An intruder.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Her hatchlings.
(d) Her mate.
5. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
(a) An owl.
(b) A bear.
(c) A fox.
(d) A squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holds the Bluefish quietly?
2. What are compared to black blossoms in 'Blossom'?
3. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
4. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
5. In 'Fish', where is the fish when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
2. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
3. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
4. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
5. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
6. What is the first big question asked of the reader in 'Tecumseh'?
7. What are the snakes compared to in 'Snakes'?
8. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
9. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
10. What does the narrator of 'Little Sister Pond' compare the moon to?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)