|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills the fish in the poem, 'Fish'?
(a) The air.
(b) The hook.
(c) Another fish.
(d) A boat.
2. What are seen drinking at the Great Pond?
(b) All of these.
3. In 'Humpbacks', what does the narrator say holds the most allure for people?
(a) The ocean.
(c) Their dreams.
(d) Their past.
4. What does the narrator of 'Music' think is accountable for the music?
(a) The memory.
(b) The history.
(c) The ears.
(d) The heart.
5. Where does the narrator of 'White Night' want to lose herself?
(a) Her dreams.
(b) The clouds.
(c) Her wishes.
(d) The currents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'The Honey Tree', what is found in the honey tree?
2. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
3. In 'Humpbacks', what do the people do when the humpbacks appear?
4. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
5. What is the country made of in 'Humpbacks'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
2. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
3. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
4. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
5. What do the lovers in 'Something' do?
6. What are the snakes compared to in 'Snakes'?
7. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
8. What does the narrator in 'Something' learn the worth of after her lover dies?
9. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
10. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)