|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Music' make music with?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Some reeds.
(c) A drum.
(d) A flute.
2. What storms in 'May'?
3. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to?
4. Who pushes packed leaves in 'Spring'?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) The narrator's rake.
(c) A mouse.
(d) The narrator's dog.
5. How many humpbacks are near the boat in 'Humpbacks'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Humpbacks' compare the jumps of a humpback to?
2. What wanders with the narrator in 'White Night'?
3. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
4. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
5. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does honey fill a person with according to the narrator of 'Honey at the Table'?
2. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
3. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
4. What is said to have happened to Tecumseh's body?
5. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
6. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
7. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
8. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
9. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
10. What does the narrator of 'Honey at the Table' say the taste of honey is composed of?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)