|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be seen by an animal in 'Spring'?
2. Who pushes packed leaves in 'Spring'?
(a) The narrator's rake.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) The narrator's dog.
(d) A mouse.
3. What does the narrator spend time looking at in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) A man.
(b) The water.
(d) The clouds.
4. Which of these words does the narrator use to describe the rain in 'Spring'?
(b) All of these.
5. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
(a) Undo mistakes.
(b) Live her life over again.
(c) Prolong her life.
(d) See her child once more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' think the earth does before it becomes Heaven?
2. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
3. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
4. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' compare herself to as she climb's the honey tree?
5. What season does 'Music' take place in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
2. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
3. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
4. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
5. What does the narrator of 'Little Sister Pond' compare the moon to?
6. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
7. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
8. What is the first big question asked of the reader in 'Tecumseh'?
9. What do the lovers in 'Something' do?
10. What does the narrator in 'Something' learn the worth of after her lover dies?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)