|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Music' make music with?
(a) Her voice.
(b) A drum.
(c) A flute.
(d) Some reeds.
2. What kind of life would the narrator of 'The Meeting' like to live?
(a) A wild life.
(b) A natural life.
(c) A busy life.
(d) A calm life.
3. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
(a) The rain.
(b) The wind.
(c) The children.
(d) The bees.
4. What chops at people like an iron hoe in 'Blossom'?
5. What is the narrator doing in 'White Night'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What touches the head of the muskrat in 'White Night'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say death is a state of?
3. What do the leaves on the honey tree look like?
4. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
5. What does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Little Sister Pond'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
2. What does the narrator say mankind is nourished by in 'The Fish'?
3. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
4. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
5. What does the narrator of 'Honey at the Table' say the taste of honey is composed of?
6. What is the narrator's head full of in 'Blackberries'?
7. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
8. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
9. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
10. How does the narrator say a person would know Tecumseh if they saw him?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)