|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the listener in 'Music' do?
(a) Stand as still as possible.
(c) All of these.
(d) Follow her.
2. What does the narrator feel inside her at the end of 'Fish'?
(b) The fish.
(d) The sea.
3. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' compare herself to as she climb's the honey tree?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bear.
(c) All of these.
(d) A bee.
4. Where did the narrator of' Music' first hear the music?
(a) In a dream.
(b) By the sea.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a forest glade.
5. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To have her life and her legs joined.
(b) To be one with the sea.
(c) To have her lover by her side.
(d) To spend her life by the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Music' compare the body to?
2. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
3. How many things does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must do in the world?
4. What wants to join with the narrator's legs in 'The Sea'?
5. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say people long for before their death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
2. What does honey fill a person with according to the narrator of 'Honey at the Table'?
3. What do the lovers in 'Something' do?
4. What is the narrator's head full of in 'Blackberries'?
5. What happens in the fifth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
6. What does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' find in the swamp?
7. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
8. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
9. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)