|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator spend time looking at in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) A man.
(b) The water.
(d) The clouds.
2. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The stars.
(d) The Earth.
3. What does the listener in 'Music' do?
(a) Stand as still as possible.
(c) Follow her.
(d) All of these.
4. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The music.
(c) The pleasure.
(d) The river.
5. What kind of body does the narrator want in 'The Sea'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life would the narrator of 'The Meeting' like to live?
2. What season does 'Music' take place in?
3. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
5. Where does the narrator of 'White Night' want to lose herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
2. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
3. What does the narrator of 'Honey at the Table' say the taste of honey is composed of?
4. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
5. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
6. What is said to have happened to Tecumseh's body?
7. What do the lovers in 'Something' do?
8. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
9. What does Tecumseh mean?
10. What happens in the sixth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)