|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the miracle that provides life provide in darkness?
(a) Gentle direction.
(b) Life lessons.
(c) A map.
2. What does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) A matched team.
(b) All of these.
(c) A choral piece.
(d) Leaves on the breeze.
3. What does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must love?
4. What do the trees in the 'Blackwater Woods' give off?
(c) A fragrance.
(d) A protection.
5. What kills the fish in the poem, 'Fish'?
(a) The air.
(b) The hook.
(c) A boat.
(d) Another fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the packed leaves pushed in 'Spring'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
3. What is described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What kind of life would the narrator of 'The Meeting' like to live?
5. What can be seen by an animal in 'Spring'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
2. What is the narrator's head full of in 'Blackberries'?
3. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
4. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
5. How does the narrator say a person would know Tecumseh if they saw him?
6. What is said to have happened to Tecumseh's body?
7. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
8. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
9. What does the narrator of 'Little Sister Pond' compare the moon to?
10. What do the lovers in 'Something' do?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)