|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator of 'Music' later hear the music again?
(a) At her workplace.
(b) In her memories.
(c) In her dreams.
(d) Behind closed doors.
2. In 'Blackwater Woods', what is on the other side of the black river of loss?
3. Who pushes packed leaves in 'Spring'?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A mouse.
(c) The narrator's rake.
(d) The narrator's dog.
4. What floats away on the ponds in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(a) All of these.
5. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the muskrat's house to?
(a) A cave.
(b) A castle.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
2. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
3. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
4. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
5. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
2. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
3. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
4. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
5. What does Tecumseh mean?
6. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
7. What are the snakes compared to in 'Snakes'?
8. What is the question asked at the end of 'The Garden'?
9. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
10. What does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' find in the swamp?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)