|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'The Sea' call the sea?
(a) Her dream house.
(b) Her sanctuary.
(c) The birthplace of her best thoughts.
(d) The illustration of her soul.
2. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
(a) Their poems.
(b) Their desires.
(c) Their needs.
(d) Their standards.
3. What do the trees in the 'Blackwater Woods' give off?
(a) A protection.
(d) A fragrance.
4. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the muskrat's house to?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A cave.
(c) A castle.
(d) A tent.
5. What storms in 'May'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rubs its hands all over the narrator in 'Spring'?
2. In 'Humpbacks', what do the people do when the humpbacks appear?
3. What does the narrator spend time looking at in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
5. What can be seen by an animal in 'Spring'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Honey at the Table' say the taste of honey is composed of?
2. What does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' find in the swamp?
3. What happens in the fifth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What does the narrator in 'Something' learn the worth of after her lover dies?
5. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
6. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
7. What is the first big question asked of the reader in 'Tecumseh'?
8. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
9. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)