|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) Quick gallops.
(b) Smooth dancing.
(c) Gentle zigs.
(d) Small breaths.
2. In 'Blackwater Woods', what is on the other side of the black river of loss?
3. What kind of life would the narrator of 'The Meeting' like to live?
(a) A calm life.
(b) A natural life.
(c) A wild life.
(d) A busy life.
4. Which of these words does the narrator use to describe the rain in 'Spring'?
(d) All of these.
5. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
(a) Their coming death.
(b) Their reason for life.
(c) The place of our existence.
(d) Their potential for giving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pushes packed leaves in 'Spring'?
2. What becomes nameless in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
3. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. In 'The Sea', what spills from the narrator's bones when she is by the sea?
5. What season does 'Music' take place in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
2. What does Tecumseh mean?
3. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
4. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
5. What does the narrator say mankind is nourished by in 'The Fish'?
6. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
7. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
8. What happens in the fifth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
9. What is the narrator's head full of in 'Blackberries'?
10. What does honey fill a person with according to the narrator of 'Honey at the Table'?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)