|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A bear.
(c) A fox.
(d) An owl.
2. What begins the day in 'Morning at Great Pond'?
(a) Forks of light.
(b) Screeches of birds.
(c) Memories of dreams.
(d) The squeak of a door.
3. What does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) The smells.
(b) The touches.
(c) The sounds.
(d) The sights.
4. What kind of mythical creature does the narrator compare herself to in 'Music'?
(a) A goat-like god.
(b) A tree nymph.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A goddess of the forest.
5. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say death is a state of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must love?
2. In 'Humpbacks', what does the narrator say holds the most allure for people?
3. How many snakes are seen by the narrator in 'The Snakes'?
4. What wants to join with the narrator's legs in 'The Sea'?
5. Where are the packed leaves pushed in 'Spring'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
2. What is the question asked at the end of 'The Garden'?
3. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
4. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
5. What is said to have happened to Tecumseh's body?
6. What does the narrator in 'Something' learn the worth of after her lover dies?
7. What does the narrator say mankind is nourished by in 'The Fish'?
8. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
9. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
10. What does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' find in the swamp?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)