|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The river.
(b) The pleasure.
(c) The music.
(d) The mystery.
2. What do the trees in the 'Blackwater Woods' give off?
(a) A protection.
(d) A fragrance.
3. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
(a) Caring for her children.
(b) Soaring in the sky.
(c) Looking for food.
4. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say people long for before their death?
5. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
(b) Life savers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
2. What can be seen by an animal in 'Spring'?
3. What is the country made of in 'Humpbacks'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Music' make music with?
5. In 'Fish', what does the fish refuse to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
2. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
3. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
4. What does honey fill a person with according to the narrator of 'Honey at the Table'?
5. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
6. What does the narrator of 'Honey at the Table' say the taste of honey is composed of?
7. What is the question asked at the end of 'The Garden'?
8. What does the narrator in 'Something' learn the worth of after her lover dies?
9. What do the lovers in 'Something' do?
10. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)