|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
(a) The coming spring.
(b) The hum of the bees.
(c) The blossoms.
(d) The rain.
2. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) An owl.
(c) A fox.
(d) A bear.
3. What can the miracle that provides life provide in darkness?
(a) A map.
(b) Gentle direction.
(d) Life lessons.
4. In 'The Sea', what spills from the narrator's bones when she is by the sea?
5. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
(a) Their desires.
(b) Their standards.
(c) Their poems.
(d) Their needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
2. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' compare herself to as she climb's the honey tree?
3. In 'Fish', what does the fish refuse to do?
4. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
5. In 'Fish', where is the fish when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
2. How does the narrator say a person would know Tecumseh if they saw him?
3. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
4. What is the narrator's head full of in 'Blackberries'?
5. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
6. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
7. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
8. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
9. What is the prayer whispered in 'The Garden', and who is it meant for?
10. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)