|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the trees in the 'Blackwater Woods' give off?
(c) A fragrance.
(d) A protection.
2. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
(a) The coming spring.
(b) The hum of the bees.
(c) The rain.
(d) The blossoms.
3. In 'Blackwater Woods', what is on the other side of the black river of loss?
4. What kills the fish in the poem, 'Fish'?
(a) Another fish.
(b) A boat.
(c) The hook.
(d) The air.
5. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The pleasure.
(c) The river.
(d) The music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
2. How many humpbacks are near the boat in 'Humpbacks'?
3. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
4. Who pushes packed leaves in 'Spring'?
5. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' find in the swamp?
2. What does Tecumseh mean?
3. What do the lovers in 'Something' do?
4. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
5. What does the narrator of 'Little Sister Pond' compare the moon to?
6. What does the narrator say mankind is nourished by in 'The Fish'?
7. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
8. What is said to have happened to Tecumseh's body?
9. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)