|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What floats away on the ponds in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(d) All of these.
2. What does the narrator drop into the grass in 'The Meeting'?
(a) A book.
(b) A dress.
(c) A package.
(d) A weapon.
3. What does the listener in 'Music' do?
(a) Follow her.
(b) Stand as still as possible.
(c) All of these.
4. What are seen drinking at the Great Pond?
(d) All of these.
5. What can the miracle that provides life provide in darkness?
(a) A map.
(b) Life lessons.
(d) Gentle direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
2. What kind of body does the narrator want in 'The Sea'?
3. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
4. What wants to join with the narrator's legs in 'The Sea'?
5. What is the narrator doing in 'White Night'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Little Sister Pond' compare the moon to?
2. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
3. How does the narrator say a person would know Tecumseh if they saw him?
4. What happens in the sixth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
5. What happens in the fifth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
6. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
7. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
8. What does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' find in the swamp?
9. What does Tecumseh mean?
10. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)