|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Earth.
(c) The sun.
(d) The stars.
2. What does the narrator of 'The Sea' call the sea?
(a) Her sanctuary.
(b) Her dream house.
(c) The illustration of her soul.
(d) The birthplace of her best thoughts.
3. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
(a) Looking for food.
(b) Caring for her children.
(d) Soaring in the sky.
4. What flows through the branches of the plum trees?
5. Where are the packed leaves pushed in 'Spring'?
(a) The river bed.
(c) A ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
2. What can the miracle that provides life provide in darkness?
3. Who pushes packed leaves in 'Spring'?
4. What kind of mythical creature does the narrator compare herself to in 'Music'?
5. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the sixth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
2. What is the question asked at the end of 'The Garden'?
3. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
4. What is the narrator's head full of in 'Blackberries'?
5. What does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say a man must not succumb to?
6. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
7. What does the narrator say mankind is nourished by in 'The Fish'?
8. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
9. What happens in the fifth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
10. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)