|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'The Honey Tree', what is found in the honey tree?
(b) Pure light.
2. In 'The Sea', what spills from the narrator's bones when she is by the sea?
3. What chops at people like an iron hoe in 'Blossom'?
4. What does the listener in 'Music' do?
(a) Stand as still as possible.
(b) Follow her.
(c) All of these.
5. Who pushes packed leaves in 'Spring'?
(a) The narrator's rake.
(b) A mouse.
(c) The narrator's dog.
(d) A squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
2. Where are the packed leaves pushed in 'Spring'?
3. What does the narrator of 'Music' compare the body to?
4. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
5. In 'Humpbacks', what does the narrator say holds the most allure for people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
2. What does the narrator of 'Little Sister Pond' compare the moon to?
3. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
4. What is the question asked at the end of 'The Garden'?
5. What does the narrator say mankind is nourished by in 'The Fish'?
6. What does Tecumseh mean?
7. What does honey fill a person with according to the narrator of 'Honey at the Table'?
8. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
9. What happens in the fifth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
10. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)