|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) A house of sticks.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) All of these.
(d) A cave.
2. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
(a) Stagnant water.
3. What color is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
4. What does John Chapman also use his hat for in 'John Chapman'?
(d) A weapon.
5. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'John Chapman', what state does John Chapman live in?
2. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
3. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
4. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
5. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
2. What does the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' love about the woods?
3. How does the narrator of 'Fall Song' describe the present time?
4. In 'The Bobcat', what does the bobcat do that astounds the narrator?
5. What does the narrator see before leaving the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
6. What does the alligator in 'Postcard From Flamingo' do?
7. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
8. What is the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' looking for, and what do they find?
9. What are the vultures in 'Vultures' compared to in an ironic analogy?
10. What is the central theme in the first four poems?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)