|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Ms. Preece.
(b) Mrs. Prue.
(c) Mrs. Price.
(d) Ms. Park.
2. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
3. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 4 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 3 miles.
4. What does the lightning teach the narrator about in 'Lightning'?
(d) Human nature.
5. What is the narrator unsure she can do in 'Web'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
2. What does the narrator say the wind has in 'Web'?
3. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
4. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
5. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
2. What are the vultures in 'Vultures' compared to in an ironic analogy?
3. What is the central theme in the first four poems?
4. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
5. What sound does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Postcard from Flamingo'?
6. How does the narrator of 'Fall Song' describe the present time?
7. What does the narrator in 'University Hospital, Boston' think about when she hears how old the hospital is?
8. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
9. In 'The Kitten', what does the narrator feel as she buries the kitten, and why?
10. What does the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' love about the woods?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)