|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
(a) The children.
(c) The trees.
(d) The nurses.
2. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
3. What is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
(a) A fox.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A heron.
4. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(b) A companion.
(d) A home.
5. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
(a) A tree.
(b) A cave.
(c) A shallow ditch.
(d) A nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
2. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
3. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
4. How does the narrator describe the shark heading for the seals in 'Cold Poem'?
5. Why did the narrator in 'The Lost Children' say Tarhe refused to return Isaac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' looking for, and what do they find?
2. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
3. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
4. What kind of annoyances does the narrator of 'Egrets' face while going to see the egrets?
5. What does the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' love about the woods?
6. What does the narrator of 'August' accept during the poem?
7. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
8. What is the central theme in the first four poems?
9. How does the narrator of 'Fall Song' describe the present time?
10. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)