|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' see the blue heron?
2. What does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' build lots of when it grows cold?
3. What did the narrator think Isaac caught when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Confusion of self.
(c) A will to live.
(d) Dancing feet.
4. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
(a) Pure and innocent.
(b) Bold and fearful.
(c) Cruel and honest.
(d) Wise and old.
5. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Sings and squeals.
(b) Unnails itself.
(c) Breaks away.
(d) Bars her inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
2. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
3. Where is the narrator in 'Flying'?
4. What does the crow dream about in 'Crows and Owls'?
5. What is the narrator unsure she can do in 'Web'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator see before leaving the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
2. What sound does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Postcard from Flamingo'?
3. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
4. What does the alligator in 'Postcard From Flamingo' do?
5. What is the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' looking for, and what do they find?
6. What is the main metaphor used in 'Lightning'?
7. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
8. What does the narrator in 'University Hospital, Boston' think about when she hears how old the hospital is?
9. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
10. What does the first snow do to familiar things in the poem 'First Snow'?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)