|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Heading to school.
(c) Going for a walk.
(d) Working in the fields.
2. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
(a) Cruel and honest.
(b) Bold and fearful.
(c) Wise and old.
(d) Pure and innocent.
3. How long did it take for Lydia's family to find where she slept in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 6 days.
4. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
5. What does the dust try to hide in the whorehouse?
(a) The allure.
(b) The glamour.
(c) The sin.
(d) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
2. How does the narrator describe the stranger in 'Flying'?
3. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
4. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
5. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main metaphor used in 'Lightning'?
2. What does the first snow do to familiar things in the poem 'First Snow'?
3. What does the narrator in 'University Hospital, Boston' think about when she hears how old the hospital is?
4. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
5. What does the narrator of 'Egrets' say allows them to step without fear?
6. What sound does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Postcard from Flamingo'?
7. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
8. Who was John Chapman?
9. What does the narrator see before leaving the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
10. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)