|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
(b) Replenishing the earth.
(c) Wreaking havoc.
2. What does the narrator say the wind has in 'Web'?
(b) A mind.
3. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
(a) The children.
(b) The trees.
(c) The nurses.
4. What does the narrator dream about in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) Harvest and feasts.
(b) Fruit and grain.
(c) Flowers and rain.
(d) Snow and ice.
5. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' do when it starts to rain?
2. What month does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' see the blue heron?
3. In 'John Chapman', what state does John Chapman live in?
4. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
5. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was John Chapman?
2. What is the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' looking for, and what do they find?
3. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
4. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
5. How does the narrator feel as she drives to the White Forest in 'The Bobcat'?
6. What sound does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Postcard from Flamingo'?
7. What is the central theme in the first four poems?
8. What are the vultures in 'Vultures' compared to in an ironic analogy?
9. What does the narrator in 'University Hospital, Boston' think about when she hears how old the hospital is?
10. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)