|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Isaac go missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) He got lost.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He was stolen.
(d) He fell in a pit.
2. What does the narrator feel during the storm in 'Lightning'?
(b) All of these.
3. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
(c) Stagnant water.
4. What does the dust try to hide in the whorehouse?
(a) The past.
(b) The glamour.
(c) The sin.
(d) The allure.
5. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(d) Masked beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
2. How does the narrator get into the whorehouse?
3. What does the narrator want to do to the stranger in 'Flying'?
4. What does the lightning teach the narrator about in 'Lightning'?
5. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first snow do to familiar things in the poem 'First Snow'?
2. How does the narrator feel as she drives to the White Forest in 'The Bobcat'?
3. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
4. What does the narrator's companion tell her over and over while at the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
5. What is the ironic idea included in 'Mushrooms'?
6. What does the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' love about the woods?
7. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
8. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
9. What is the main metaphor used in 'Lightning'?
10. Where does personification fit in 'Lightning'?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)