Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the whorehouse filled with?
(a) Old clothing.
2. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
3. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) The sky.
(b) Their own bones.
(d) Their past.
4. In 'Clapp's Pond', what does the narrator see drinking from the lake miles away?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A doe.
(c) A pheasant.
(d) An egret.
5. What do the birds decide not to do in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator unsure she can do in 'Web'?
2. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
3. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
4. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
5. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
2. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
3. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
4. In 'The Kitten', what does the narrator feel as she buries the kitten, and why?
5. In 'The Bobcat', what does the bobcat do that astounds the narrator?
6. What does the narrator of 'Little Sister Pond' compare the moon to?
7. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
8. What does the narrator in 'University Hospital, Boston' think about when she hears how old the hospital is?
9. What is the ironic idea included in 'Mushrooms'?
10. What happens in the sixth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)