|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many crows hunt together in 'Crows and Owls'?
2. What does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' build lots of when it grows cold?
3. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
4. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Breaks away.
(b) Bars her inside.
(c) Sings and squeals.
(d) Unnails itself.
5. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
2. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
3. What causes the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' to explode at times?
4. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
5. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was John Chapman?
2. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
3. How does the narrator feel as she drives to the White Forest in 'The Bobcat'?
4. What is the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' looking for, and what do they find?
5. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
6. What kind of annoyances does the narrator of 'Egrets' face while going to see the egrets?
7. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
8. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
9. Where does personification fit in 'Lightning'?
10. What does the alligator in 'Postcard From Flamingo' do?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)