|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
(a) Pure and innocent.
(b) Cruel and honest.
(c) Bold and fearful.
(d) Wise and old.
3. What month does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' see the blue heron?
4. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
(b) All of these.
5. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(d) Masked beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
2. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
3. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
4. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
5. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of annoyances does the narrator of 'Egrets' face while going to see the egrets?
2. What is the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' looking for, and what do they find?
3. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
4. Where does personification fit in 'Lightning'?
5. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
6. What is the ironic idea included in 'Mushrooms'?
7. In 'The Bobcat', what does the bobcat do that astounds the narrator?
8. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
9. Who was John Chapman?
10. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)