|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
2. What do the moles hide under in 'Moles'?
3. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Masked beings.
4. What is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
(a) A fox.
(b) A skunk.
(c) A heron.
(d) A rabbit.
5. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) The abductors.
(b) The siblings.
(c) The parents.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator in 'Flying'?
2. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
3. What does John Chapman also use his hat for in 'John Chapman'?
4. Which of these is used to describe the moles in 'Moles'?
5. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first big question asked of the reader in 'Tecumseh'?
2. What are the snakes compared to in 'Snakes'?
3. How does the narrator of 'The Plum Trees' say happiness must be tempted?
4. What does the alligator in 'Postcard From Flamingo' do?
5. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
6. In 'The Kitten', what does the narrator feel as she buries the kitten, and why?
7. What does the first snow do to familiar things in the poem 'First Snow'?
8. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
9. How does the narrator say a person would know Tecumseh if they saw him?
10. What does the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' love about the woods?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)