|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
(a) A fox.
(b) A skunk.
(c) A heron.
(d) A rabbit.
2. What does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' build lots of when it grows cold?
3. What shines in 'Lightning'?
(a) The oaks.
(b) The lake.
(c) The rain.
(d) The house lights.
4. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' do when it starts to rain?
(a) Puts more logs on the fire.
(b) Goes inside her tent.
(c) Dances in the rain.
(d) Makes her way home.
5. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
3. What beats the roof in 'Lightning'?
4. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
5. How many crows hunt together in 'Crows and Owls'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first snow do to familiar things in the poem 'First Snow'?
2. What does the narrator's companion tell her over and over while at the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
3. What is the main metaphor used in 'Lightning'?
4. Where does personification fit in 'Lightning'?
5. What kind of annoyances does the narrator of 'Egrets' face while going to see the egrets?
6. How does the narrator feel as she drives to the White Forest in 'The Bobcat'?
7. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
8. What are the vultures in 'Vultures' compared to in an ironic analogy?
9. What does the alligator in 'Postcard From Flamingo' do?
10. How does the narrator of 'Fall Song' describe the present time?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)