|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the storm in 'Lightning' last?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 7 hours.
2. Why do some people not gather the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms'?
(a) Some do not like them.
(b) Some are poison.
(c) They are in a hidden place.
(d) They are protected.
3. What blurs the moles' traceries in 'Moles'?
4. In 'John Chapman', what state does John Chapman live in?
5. What does the crow dream about in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) Beating a man.
(b) Finding a lover.
(c) Laying eggs.
(d) Catching an owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
2. What causes the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' to explode at times?
3. What does John Chapman also use his hat for in 'John Chapman'?
4. How did Isaac feel when he returned to the world in 'The Lost Children'?
5. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the question asked at the end of 'The Garden'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' find in the swamp?
3. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
4. Who was John Chapman?
5. What is the ironic idea included in 'Mushrooms'?
6. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
7. What three things does the narrator of 'In Blackwater Woods' say all men must do?
8. What does the narrator say mankind is nourished by in 'The Fish'?
9. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
10. What are the snakes compared to in 'Snakes'?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)