|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator in 'Flying'?
(a) A large meeting.
(b) A plane.
(c) An airport.
(d) A hot-air balloon.
2. How does the narrator describe the shark heading for the seals in 'Cold Poem'?
3. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
4. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
5. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator think Isaac caught when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
2. What was Lydia doing when she went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
3. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
4. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
5. How does the narrator get into the whorehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the lovers in 'Something' do?
2. What does the narrator in 'Something' learn the worth of after her lover dies?
3. In 'The Kitten', what does the narrator feel as she buries the kitten, and why?
4. What is the ironic idea included in 'Mushrooms'?
5. What does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' find in the swamp?
6. What do the lovers in 'Something' hear?
7. What kind of annoyances does the narrator of 'Egrets' face while going to see the egrets?
8. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
9. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
10. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)