|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
2. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A board.
(c) A pot.
(d) A tarp.
3. What shines in 'Lightning'?
(a) The lake.
(b) The house lights.
(c) The oaks.
(d) The rain.
4. What does the narrator feel during the storm in 'Lightning'?
(d) All of these.
5. What does the lightning teach the narrator about in 'Lightning'?
(b) Human nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beats the roof in 'Lightning'?
2. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
3. Who killed a crow the week before in 'Crows and Owls'?
4. How long did it take for Lydia's family to find where she slept in 'The Lost Children'?
5. Which of these is used to describe the moles in 'Moles'?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
2. What sound does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Postcard from Flamingo'?
3. What is the central theme in the first four poems?
4. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
5. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
6. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
7. What does the first snow do to familiar things in the poem 'First Snow'?
8. What kind of annoyances does the narrator of 'Egrets' face while going to see the egrets?
9. What is the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' looking for, and what do they find?
10. In 'The Kitten', what does the narrator feel as she buries the kitten, and why?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)