|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made people think Lydia was taken by Indians in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Her mother had a dream.
(b) There was a message left.
(c) She dropped trinkets on a road to a reservation.
(d) Horseprints were found by her bonnet.
2. What was in the attic in 'Web'?
(a) A bird.
(b) A snake.
(c) A Black Widow.
(d) A bat.
3. What does the narrator recognize for the first time in 'Web'?
4. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
(b) All of these.
5. How does the narrator describe the stranger in 'Flying'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the whorehouse filled with?
2. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
3. Who killed a crow the week before in 'Crows and Owls'?
4. What did the narrator think Isaac caught when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
5. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
2. What are the vultures in 'Vultures' compared to in an ironic analogy?
3. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
4. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
5. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
6. What is the main metaphor used in 'Lightning'?
7. How does the narrator of 'Fall Song' describe the present time?
8. What does the alligator in 'Postcard From Flamingo' do?
9. How does the narrator feel as she drives to the White Forest in 'The Bobcat'?
10. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)