Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
(b) Ambulance lights.
(d) Electric lights.
2. What is the whorehouse filled with?
(a) Old clothing.
3. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
4. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
(a) The ground.
(b) The lake.
(c) The grass.
(d) A tree.
5. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) The abductors.
(b) The parents.
(c) The siblings.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
2. What does the crow dream about in 'Crows and Owls'?
3. Who killed a crow the week before in 'Crows and Owls'?
4. What beats the roof in 'Lightning'?
5. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
2. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
3. What sad event happens in the second part of 'Something'?
4. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
5. Who was John Chapman?
6. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
7. What does the narrator of 'Morning at Great Pond' say the coming morning renews in her at the Great Pond?
8. What do the fish do in the secret pools in 'Climbing the Chagrin River'?
9. In 'Crossing the Swamp', what does the narrator say she hopes to make of her life?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' compare the blooming of the roses to?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)