|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Mrs. Prue.
(b) Ms. Preece.
(c) Mrs. Price.
(d) Ms. Park.
2. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) The siblings.
(b) The parents.
(c) The abductors.
(d) The children.
3. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
(a) A nest.
(b) A tree.
(c) A shallow ditch.
(d) A cave.
4. Why do some people not gather the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms'?
(a) Some are poison.
(b) They are protected.
(c) Some do not like them.
(d) They are in a hidden place.
5. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
(a) A pot.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A board.
(d) A tarp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dust try to hide in the whorehouse?
2. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
3. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
4. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
5. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator see before leaving the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
2. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
3. What sound does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Postcard from Flamingo'?
4. In 'The Bobcat', what does the bobcat do that astounds the narrator?
5. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
6. What does the narrator of 'August' accept during the poem?
7. What is the ironic idea included in 'Mushrooms'?
8. In 'The Kitten', what does the narrator feel as she buries the kitten, and why?
9. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
10. What are the vultures in 'Vultures' compared to in an ironic analogy?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)