|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator think Isaac caught when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) A will to live.
(b) Dancing feet.
(d) Confusion of self.
2. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
3. What is the whorehouse filled with?
(a) Old clothing.
4. What does the crow dream about in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) Laying eggs.
(b) Finding a lover.
(c) Catching an owl.
(d) Beating a man.
5. Which of these is used to describe the moles in 'Moles'?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
2. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
3. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
4. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
5. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sound does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Postcard from Flamingo'?
2. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
3. What does the narrator's companion tell her over and over while at the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
4. What is the central theme in the first four poems?
5. How does the narrator feel as she drives to the White Forest in 'The Bobcat'?
6. What does the narrator of 'August' accept during the poem?
7. In 'The Bobcat', what does the bobcat do that astounds the narrator?
8. What does the first snow do to familiar things in the poem 'First Snow'?
9. What does the narrator see before leaving the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
10. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)