|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
2. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) All of these.
(c) A cave.
(d) A house of sticks.
3. How did Isaac feel when he returned to the world in 'The Lost Children'?
4. What was in the attic in 'Web'?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bat.
(c) A Black Widow.
(d) A bird.
5. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Heading to school.
(b) Going for a walk.
(c) Working in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
2. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
3. How do men protect themselves when it grows colder, according to 'Cold Poem'?
4. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
5. What does the narrator dream about in 'Cold Poem'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
2. What does the narrator's companion tell her over and over while at the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
3. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
4. What do the Sioux say about ghosts in the poem 'Ghosts'?
5. What does the narrator in 'University Hospital, Boston' think about when she hears how old the hospital is?
6. What is the main metaphor used in 'Lightning'?
7. What is the ironic idea included in 'Mushrooms'?
8. Where does personification fit in 'Lightning'?
9. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
10. What does the narrator say about the trees at the Boston Hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)