|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
(b) Electric lights.
(c) Ambulance lights.
2. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
3. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
(a) A museum.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A land fill.
(d) A vet.
4. How many crows hunt together in 'Crows and Owls'?
5. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) A cave.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) All of these.
(d) A house of sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
2. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
3. How long does the storm in 'Lightning' last?
4. Why do some people not gather the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms'?
5. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'August' accept during the poem?
2. What is the central theme in the first four poems?
3. How does the narrator feel as she drives to the White Forest in 'The Bobcat'?
4. What does the narrator see before leaving the hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
5. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
6. What question does the narrator want to ask the stranger on the plane in 'Flying'?
7. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
8. What does the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' love about the woods?
9. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
10. What sound does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Postcard from Flamingo'?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)