|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator in 'Flying'?
(a) A hot-air balloon.
(b) An airport.
(c) A plane.
(d) A large meeting.
2. How old was Isaac when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
3. According to 'John Chapman', what decision must people make when they are in pain?
(a) To prosper or fail.
(b) To die or continue.
(c) To feel or ignore.
(d) To heal or fester.
4. What do the moles hide under in 'Moles'?
5. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
2. How did the narrator of 'The Kitten' feel when she buried the kitten?
3. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' do when it starts to rain?
5. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 'First Snow', what is brought about by the first snow?
2. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
3. What does the narrator in 'University Hospital, Boston' think about when she hears how old the hospital is?
4. What do the Sioux say about ghosts in the poem 'Ghosts'?
5. Who was John Chapman?
6. What does the first snow do to familiar things in the poem 'First Snow'?
7. What does the narrator of 'Egrets' say allows them to step without fear?
8. What chafes the narrator in 'Fall Song'?
9. What are the vultures in 'Vultures' compared to in an ironic analogy?
10. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)