|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
(a) The ground.
(b) The lake.
(c) The grass.
(d) A tree.
2. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) The abductors.
(b) The siblings.
(c) The children.
(d) The parents.
3. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
(a) A cave.
(b) A nest.
(c) A shallow ditch.
(d) A tree.
4. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
(a) Wreaking havoc.
(d) Replenishing the earth.
5. What is the whorehouse filled with?
(c) Old clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'John Chapman', what decision must people make when they are in pain?
2. What does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' build lots of when it grows cold?
3. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
4. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
5. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the sixth part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
2. How does the narrator of 'Crossing the Swamp' feel when she gets covered in the mud from the swamp?
3. What does the narrator say about the trees at the Boston Hospital in 'University Hospital, Boston'?
4. What kind of annoyances does the narrator of 'Egrets' face while going to see the egrets?
5. What are the snakes compared to in 'Snakes'?
6. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
7. What does the narrator do in the second part of 'The Garden'?
8. What is the main metaphor used in 'Lightning'?
9. What does the narrator of 'The Roses' say there is no end to?
10. What does the narrator of 'Tecumseh' say is worse than risking death?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)