|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What springs up behind John Chapman as he wanders in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Apple trees.
(b) Fond memories.
(d) Weeds and thistles.
2. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
3. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
(a) A sound.
(b) A thought.
(c) A vision.
(d) A nuisance.
4. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 4 miles.
5. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
(c) Wheat bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
2. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
3. What does the narrator feel during the storm in 'Lightning'?
4. What causes the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' to explode at times?
5. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Egrets' say allows them to step without fear?
2. What are the vultures in 'Vultures' compared to in an ironic analogy?
3. How does the narrator of 'Fall Song' describe the present time?
4. How do most people feel about vultures according to the narrator of 'Vultures'?
5. What question is asked at the beginning of 'Ghosts'?
6. What does the narrator think about while watching nature in Flamingo?
7. What is 'Ghosts' really about?
8. What kind of annoyances does the narrator of 'Egrets' face while going to see the egrets?
9. What is the person in 'Skunk Cabbage' looking for, and what do they find?
10. What is the central theme in the first four poems?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)