|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'The Honey Tree', what is found in the honey tree?
(b) Pure light.
2. In 'Fish', where is the fish when he dies?
(a) A mud flat.
(b) A boat.
(c) The river.
(d) A pail.
3. Who pushes packed leaves in 'Spring'?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A mouse.
(c) The narrator's rake.
(d) The narrator's dog.
4. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
(a) The wind.
(b) The rain.
(c) The bees.
(d) The children.
5. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
6. What chops at people like an iron hoe in 'Blossom'?
7. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
(a) All of these.
(b) To show their inner-beauty.
(c) To communicate their desires.
(d) For reasons man cannot understand.
8. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to?
9. What do the Bluefish eat?
10. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) An intruder.
(b) Her hatchlings.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Her mate.
11. In 'Humpbacks', what do the people do when the humpbacks appear?
(a) Cry out in fear.
(c) Smile inwardly.
(d) Shout for joy.
12. What does the rising sun in 'Morning at Great Pond' make the night do?
(c) Bequeath its throne.
13. What wants to join with the narrator's legs in 'The Sea'?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her needs.
(d) Her thoughts.
14. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
(b) A swarm.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A wave.
15. What kind of nuggets are found in 'Spring'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What wanders with the narrator in 'White Night'?
2. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
3. What color is the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
5. What does the narrator of 'The Sea' call the sea?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)