|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins the day in 'Morning at Great Pond'?
(a) The squeak of a door.
(b) Forks of light.
(c) Screeches of birds.
(d) Memories of dreams.
2. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the coming morning to?
(a) A chaotic ending.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) An open shutter.
(d) A glass shattering.
3. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
(a) Undo mistakes.
(b) Live her life over again.
(c) Prolong her life.
(d) See her child once more.
4. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
(a) All of these.
(b) To show their inner-beauty.
(c) For reasons man cannot understand.
(d) To communicate their desires.
5. Where are the packed leaves pushed in 'Spring'?
(b) The river bed.
(c) A ditch.
6. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
(a) A bear.
(b) An owl.
(c) A fox.
(d) A squirrel.
7. What does the narrator feel inside her at the end of 'Fish'?
(b) The fish.
(d) The sea.
8. What color is the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
9. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' love as she climbs the honey tree?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her body.
10. What do the leaves on the honey tree look like?
(c) Warning signs.
(d) Dark hair.
11. Which of these words does the narrator use to describe the rain in 'Spring'?
(c) All of these.
12. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Her mate.
(c) An intruder.
(d) Her hatchlings.
13. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The music.
(c) The pleasure.
(d) The river.
14. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
15. What floats away on the ponds in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wants to join with the narrator's legs in 'The Sea'?
2. What flows through the branches of the plum trees?
3. What do the Bluefish eat?
4. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the muskrat's house to?
5. What storms in 'May'?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)