|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many snakes are seen by the narrator in 'The Snakes'?
2. In 'The Honey Tree', what is found in the honey tree?
(c) Pure light.
3. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
(a) Live her life over again.
(b) See her child once more.
(c) Prolong her life.
(d) Undo mistakes.
4. What becomes nameless in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(a) The trees.
(b) The travellers.
(c) The ponds.
(d) The rivers.
5. What does the narrator spend time looking at in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The water.
(c) A man.
6. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to?
7. What does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) Leaves on the breeze.
(b) All of these.
(c) A choral piece.
(d) A matched team.
8. Which of these words does the narrator use to describe the rain in 'Spring'?
(c) All of these.
9. What does the narrator drop into the grass in 'The Meeting'?
(a) A package.
(b) A dress.
(c) A book.
(d) A weapon.
10. What does the narrator of 'Music' compare the body to?
(a) A honey locust tree.
(b) A prop for ears.
(c) A musical stanza.
(d) A sweet forest glade.
11. In 'Blackwater Woods', what is on the other side of the black river of loss?
12. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A wave.
(d) A swarm.
13. What holds the Bluefish quietly?
(a) The sea.
(b) The minnows.
(c) The sky.
(d) The glass.
14. What kills the fish in the poem, 'Fish'?
(a) The hook.
(b) Another fish.
(c) A boat.
(d) The air.
15. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To be one with the sea.
(b) To spend her life by the sea.
(c) To have her life and her legs joined.
(d) To have her lover by her side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
2. What does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Little Sister Pond'?
3. Where are the packed leaves pushed in 'Spring'?
4. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
5. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)