|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator of 'White Night' want to lose herself?
(a) Her wishes.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The currents.
2. What holds the Bluefish quietly?
(a) The sea.
(b) The glass.
(c) The sky.
(d) The minnows.
3. In 'Humpbacks', what do the people do when the humpbacks appear?
(a) Smile inwardly.
(b) Shout for joy.
(c) Cry out in fear.
4. In 'Fish', where is the fish when he dies?
(a) A boat.
(b) A mud flat.
(c) The river.
(d) A pail.
5. What kills the fish in the poem, 'Fish'?
(a) Another fish.
(b) The air.
(c) The hook.
(d) A boat.
6. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
(b) A cloud.
(c) A swarm.
(d) A wave.
7. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to?
8. What season does 'Music' take place in?
9. What begins the day in 'Morning at Great Pond'?
(a) Forks of light.
(b) Memories of dreams.
(c) The squeak of a door.
(d) Screeches of birds.
10. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
11. What do the Bluefish eat?
12. What was the narrator of 'Bluefish' doing when she saw the Bluefish?
13. What does the narrator of 'Humpbacks' compare the jumps of a humpback to?
14. In 'Blackwater Woods', what is on the other side of the black river of loss?
15. What kind of body does the narrator want in 'The Sea'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What wanders with the narrator in 'White Night'?
2. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
3. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
4. What kind of mythical creature does the narrator compare herself to in 'Music'?
5. What rubs its hands all over the narrator in 'Spring'?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)