|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Fish', where is the fish when he dies?
(a) A pail.
(b) The river.
(c) A boat.
(d) A mud flat.
2. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Her mate.
(c) An intruder.
(d) Her hatchlings.
3. In 'Humpbacks', what does the narrator say holds the most allure for people?
(a) Their past.
(b) Their dreams.
(d) The ocean.
4. How many things does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must do in the world?
5. How many humpbacks are near the boat in 'Humpbacks'?
6. What flows through the branches of the plum trees?
7. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The music.
(c) The pleasure.
(d) The river.
8. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the coming morning to?
(a) A chaotic ending.
(b) An open shutter.
(c) A glass shattering.
(d) A hurricane.
9. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
(a) The bees.
(b) The children.
(c) The wind.
(d) The rain.
10. What floats away on the ponds in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(d) All of these.
11. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
(a) Soaring in the sky.
(b) Caring for her children.
(c) Looking for food.
12. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To have her lover by her side.
(b) To be one with the sea.
(c) To have her life and her legs joined.
(d) To spend her life by the sea.
13. What wants to join with the narrator's legs in 'The Sea'?
(a) Her thoughts.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her dreams.
(d) Her needs.
14. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
(a) Their needs.
(b) Their poems.
(c) Their standards.
(d) Their desires.
15. What chops at people like an iron hoe in 'Blossom'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life would the narrator of 'The Meeting' like to live?
2. Where did the narrator of' Music' first hear the music?
3. What begins the day in 'Morning at Great Pond'?
4. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
5. What does the narrator spend time looking at in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)