|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the muskrat's house to?
(a) A castle.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tent.
2. What are compared to black blossoms in 'Blossom'?
(a) A bear.
(b) The night.
3. What do the leaves on the honey tree look like?
(a) Warning signs.
(d) Dark hair.
4. In 'Fish', where is the fish when he dies?
(a) A pail.
(b) A boat.
(c) The river.
(d) A mud flat.
5. What are seen drinking at the Great Pond?
(b) All of these.
6. What is described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) A doe.
(b) A fish.
(c) A damselfly.
(d) A frog.
7. What chops at people like an iron hoe in 'Blossom'?
8. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' love as she climbs the honey tree?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her home.
(d) Her body.
9. What do the Bluefish eat?
10. What does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) A matched team.
(b) All of these.
(c) A choral piece.
(d) Leaves on the breeze.
11. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
(d) Life savers.
12. Where does the narrator of 'White Night' want to lose herself?
(a) Her dreams.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The currents.
(d) Her wishes.
13. What does the narrator of 'Music' think is accountable for the music?
(a) The history.
(b) The heart.
(c) The memory.
(d) The ears.
14. What does the rising sun in 'Morning at Great Pond' make the night do?
(d) Bequeath its throne.
15. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
2. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
3. In 'Humpbacks', what does the narrator say holds the most allure for people?
4. What touches the head of the muskrat in 'White Night'?
5. What does the listener in 'Music' do?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)