|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) Dance partners.
(b) Clouds billowing.
(c) Dripping honey.
(d) None of these.
2. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
(a) To show their inner-beauty.
(b) All of these.
(c) To communicate their desires.
(d) For reasons man cannot understand.
3. What becomes nameless in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The ponds.
(c) The trees.
(d) The travellers.
4. What does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) A matched team.
(b) Leaves on the breeze.
(c) All of these.
(d) A choral piece.
5. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
(a) The Earth.
(b) The stars.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
6. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
7. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
(a) Caring for her children.
(b) Soaring in the sky.
(d) Looking for food.
8. How many snakes are seen by the narrator in 'The Snakes'?
9. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) An owl.
(c) A fox.
(d) A bear.
10. What touches the head of the muskrat in 'White Night'?
(a) The wind.
(b) The moon.
(c) The river.
(d) The narrator.
11. What kind of nuggets are found in 'Spring'?
12. What season does 'Music' take place in?
13. What makes the narrator of 'Fish' and the fish one?
(a) When it bites her.
(b) When she eats it.
(c) When she releases it to the ocean.
(d) When she watches it die.
14. What does the listener in 'Music' do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Follow her.
(c) Stand as still as possible.
15. Where did the narrator of 'Music' later hear the music again?
(a) Behind closed doors.
(b) At her workplace.
(c) In her dreams.
(d) In her memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator doing in 'White Night'?
2. In 'Fish', where is the fish when he dies?
3. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Humpbacks' compare the jumps of a humpback to?
5. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' think the earth does before it becomes Heaven?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)