|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season does 'Music' take place in?
2. What does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) A choral piece.
(b) Leaves on the breeze.
(c) A matched team.
(d) All of these.
3. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
(a) An owl.
(b) A fox.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A bear.
4. What is the narrator doing in 'White Night'?
5. What holds the Bluefish quietly?
(a) The sea.
(b) The minnows.
(c) The sky.
(d) The glass.
6. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the muskrat's house to?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A cave.
(c) A tent.
(d) A castle.
7. What storms in 'May'?
8. How many humpbacks are near the boat in 'Humpbacks'?
9. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
(a) All of these.
(b) To show their inner-beauty.
(c) To communicate their desires.
(d) For reasons man cannot understand.
10. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To be one with the sea.
(b) To have her lover by her side.
(c) To have her life and her legs joined.
(d) To spend her life by the sea.
11. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
(a) The bees.
(b) The children.
(c) The rain.
(d) The wind.
12. In 'Blackwater Woods', what is on the other side of the black river of loss?
13. What kind of nuggets are found in 'Spring'?
14. How does the sea move, as described in the poem 'The Sea'?
(a) Wind by wind.
(b) Stroke by stroke.
(c) Splash by splash.
(d) Wave by wave.
15. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
(c) Life savers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
2. Who pushes packed leaves in 'Spring'?
3. What chops at people like an iron hoe in 'Blossom'?
4. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
5. How many things does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must do in the world?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)