|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The music.
(c) The pleasure.
(d) The river.
2. What does the narrator of 'Music' compare the body to?
(a) A honey locust tree.
(b) A prop for ears.
(c) A sweet forest glade.
(d) A musical stanza.
3. What kind of nuggets are found in 'Spring'?
4. What has a captain in 'Humpbacks' seen a whale playing with?
(d) Life savers.
5. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
(a) The rain.
(b) The bees.
(c) The children.
(d) The wind.
6. Where did the narrator of 'Music' later hear the music again?
(a) In her memories.
(b) Behind closed doors.
(c) In her dreams.
(d) At her workplace.
7. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
(a) Their reason for life.
(b) The place of our existence.
(c) Their coming death.
(d) Their potential for giving.
8. Where did the narrator of' Music' first hear the music?
(a) In a forest glade.
(b) In a dream.
(c) By the sea.
(d) In a church.
9. What does the narrator of 'Music' make music with?
(a) Some reeds.
(b) A drum.
(c) A flute.
(d) Her voice.
10. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
11. What makes the narrator of 'Fish' and the fish one?
(a) When she eats it.
(b) When she releases it to the ocean.
(c) When it bites her.
(d) When she watches it die.
12. In 'Fish', what does the fish refuse to do?
(a) Die quietly.
(b) Bite the hook.
(c) Release the hook.
(d) Leave its cave.
13. What kind of mythical creature does the narrator compare herself to in 'Music'?
(a) A goat-like god.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A tree nymph.
(d) A goddess of the forest.
14. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) Smooth dancing.
(b) Gentle zigs.
(c) Quick gallops.
(d) Small breaths.
15. Which of these words does the narrator use to describe the rain in 'Spring'?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
2. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
3. What does the narrator spend time looking at in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What can the miracle that provides life provide in darkness?
5. How many snakes are seen by the narrator in 'The Snakes'?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)