|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the miracle that provides life provide in darkness?
(a) Life lessons.
(b) A map.
(c) Gentle direction.
2. What color is the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
3. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
(a) To show their inner-beauty.
(b) For reasons man cannot understand.
(c) To communicate their desires.
(d) All of these.
4. What can be seen by an animal in 'Spring'?
5. What is described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) A frog.
(b) A doe.
(c) A fish.
(d) A damselfly.
6. How does the narrator describe her thoughts in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
7. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
8. What are seen drinking at the Great Pond?
(d) All of these.
9. How many humpbacks are near the boat in 'Humpbacks'?
10. What does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) The sights.
(b) The smells.
(c) The touches.
(d) The sounds.
11. In 'Blackwater Woods', what is on the other side of the black river of loss?
12. Where does the narrator of 'White Night' want to lose herself?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The currents.
(c) Her dreams.
(d) Her wishes.
13. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the muskrat's house to?
(a) A tent.
(b) A castle.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A cave.
14. What kind of life would the narrator of 'The Meeting' like to live?
(a) A wild life.
(b) A calm life.
(c) A natural life.
(d) A busy life.
15. What kind of body does the narrator want in 'The Sea'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the country made of in 'Humpbacks'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
3. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say death is a state of?
5. What are compared to black blossoms in 'Blossom'?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)