|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Music' make music with?
(a) Some reeds.
(b) A drum.
(c) A flute.
(d) Her voice.
2. What does the narrator of 'The Sea' call the sea?
(a) The birthplace of her best thoughts.
(b) Her sanctuary.
(c) The illustration of her soul.
(d) Her dream house.
3. What color is the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Her hatchlings.
(c) An intruder.
(d) Her mate.
5. In 'Fish', what does the fish refuse to do?
(a) Bite the hook.
(b) Leave its cave.
(c) Die quietly.
(d) Release the hook.
6. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the muskrat's house to?
(a) A cave.
(b) A tent.
(c) A castle.
(d) An apartment.
7. What holds the Bluefish quietly?
(a) The glass.
(b) The sea.
(c) The minnows.
(d) The sky.
8. What becomes nameless in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(a) The ponds.
(b) The rivers.
(c) The travellers.
(d) The trees.
9. How does the narrator describe her thoughts in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
10. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
(a) Their potential for giving.
(b) Their coming death.
(c) The place of our existence.
(d) Their reason for life.
11. What do the leaves on the honey tree look like?
(b) Warning signs.
(d) Dark hair.
12. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
(a) A wave.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A swarm.
13. What does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) The touches.
(b) The sights.
(c) The sounds.
(d) The smells.
14. In 'Humpbacks', what do the people do when the humpbacks appear?
(b) Smile inwardly.
(c) Shout for joy.
(d) Cry out in fear.
15. What is described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) A fish.
(b) A damselfly.
(c) A frog.
(d) A doe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the miracle that provides life provide in darkness?
2. What do the trees in the 'Blackwater Woods' give off?
3. What is the narrator doing in 'White Night'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Humpbacks' compare the jumps of a humpback to?
5. Where did the narrator of' Music' first hear the music?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)