|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wants to join with the narrator's legs in 'The Sea'?
(a) Her dreams.
(b) Her thoughts.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her needs.
2. How many things does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must do in the world?
3. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
(a) Caring for her children.
(c) Soaring in the sky.
(d) Looking for food.
4. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To have her life and her legs joined.
(b) To be one with the sea.
(c) To spend her life by the sea.
(d) To have her lover by her side.
5. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
(a) The place of our existence.
(b) Their coming death.
(c) Their reason for life.
(d) Their potential for giving.
6. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say death is a state of?
7. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' think the earth does before it becomes Heaven?
8. What becomes nameless in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The ponds.
(c) The travellers.
(d) The trees.
9. In 'Fish', where is the fish when he dies?
(a) A boat.
(b) A pail.
(c) A mud flat.
(d) The river.
10. What does the narrator spend time looking at in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) A man.
(c) The water.
(d) The clouds.
11. Where did the narrator of 'Music' later hear the music again?
(a) Behind closed doors.
(b) In her dreams.
(c) At her workplace.
(d) In her memories.
12. What color is the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
13. Where does the narrator of 'White Night' want to lose herself?
(a) The currents.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her wishes.
(d) The clouds.
14. What season does 'Music' take place in?
15. What wanders with the narrator in 'White Night'?
(a) The river.
(b) The stars.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Fish', what does the fish refuse to do?
2. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
3. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
4. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the coming morning to?
5. What rubs its hands all over the narrator in 'Spring'?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)