|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator of 'Bluefish' doing when she saw the Bluefish?
2. What kind of body does the narrator want in 'The Sea'?
3. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
4. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
(a) The blossoms.
(b) The coming spring.
(c) The hum of the bees.
(d) The rain.
5. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The music.
(c) The river.
(d) The pleasure.
6. What is the narrator doing in 'White Night'?
7. What does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) A choral piece.
(b) All of these.
(c) A matched team.
(d) Leaves on the breeze.
8. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say people long for before their death?
9. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To have her life and her legs joined.
(b) To have her lover by her side.
(c) To spend her life by the sea.
(d) To be one with the sea.
10. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
(a) A fox.
(b) An owl.
(c) A bear.
(d) A squirrel.
11. What does the narrator drop into the grass in 'The Meeting'?
(a) A dress.
(b) A package.
(c) A book.
(d) A weapon.
12. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
(a) All of these.
(b) To communicate their desires.
(c) To show their inner-beauty.
(d) For reasons man cannot understand.
13. What wanders with the narrator in 'White Night'?
(a) The moon.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The stars.
(d) The river.
14. What makes the narrator of 'Fish' and the fish one?
(a) When she eats it.
(b) When it bites her.
(c) When she releases it to the ocean.
(d) When she watches it die.
15. What floats away on the ponds in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
2. What color is the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
3. Which of these words does the narrator use to describe the rain in 'Spring'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say death is a state of?
5. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)