|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wants to join with the narrator's legs in 'The Sea'?
(a) Her dreams.
(b) Her thoughts.
(c) Her needs.
(d) Her life.
2. Where does the narrator of 'White Night' want to lose herself?
(a) Her dreams.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The currents.
(d) Her wishes.
3. How does the narrator describe her thoughts in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What makes the narrator of 'Fish' and the fish one?
(a) When she releases it to the ocean.
(b) When she watches it die.
(c) When she eats it.
(d) When it bites her.
5. What was the narrator of 'Bluefish' doing when she saw the Bluefish?
6. What kind of mythical creature does the narrator compare herself to in 'Music'?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) A goat-like god.
(c) A tree nymph.
(d) A goddess of the forest.
7. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To spend her life by the sea.
(b) To have her lover by her side.
(c) To have her life and her legs joined.
(d) To be one with the sea.
8. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
(a) The bees.
(b) The children.
(c) The wind.
(d) The rain.
9. What kills the fish in the poem, 'Fish'?
(a) The hook.
(b) Another fish.
(c) The air.
(d) A boat.
10. Where are the packed leaves pushed in 'Spring'?
(b) The river bed.
(d) A ditch.
11. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the muskrat's house to?
(a) A cave.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A castle.
(d) A tent.
12. Where did the narrator of 'Music' later hear the music again?
(a) In her dreams.
(b) In her memories.
(c) Behind closed doors.
(d) At her workplace.
13. How many things does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must do in the world?
14. What does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) All of these.
(b) A choral piece.
(c) Leaves on the breeze.
(d) A matched team.
15. In 'Fish', what does the fish refuse to do?
(a) Leave its cave.
(b) Release the hook.
(c) Bite the hook.
(d) Die quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must bodies be held back in 'Humpbacks'?
2. How does the sea move, as described in the poem 'The Sea'?
3. Where did the narrator of' Music' first hear the music?
4. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say people long for before their death?
5. What color is the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)