|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rising sun in 'Morning at Great Pond' make the night do?
(d) Bequeath its throne.
2. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
(a) The hum of the bees.
(b) The rain.
(c) The coming spring.
(d) The blossoms.
3. What begins the day in 'Morning at Great Pond'?
(a) Forks of light.
(b) Memories of dreams.
(c) The squeak of a door.
(d) Screeches of birds.
4. In 'Fish', what does the fish refuse to do?
(a) Die quietly.
(b) Release the hook.
(c) Bite the hook.
(d) Leave its cave.
5. Where are the packed leaves pushed in 'Spring'?
(a) The river bed.
(b) A ditch.
6. What is the narrator doing in 'White Night'?
7. Which of these words does the narrator use to describe the rain in 'Spring'?
(d) All of these.
8. What makes the narrator of 'Fish' and the fish one?
(a) When it bites her.
(b) When she releases it to the ocean.
(c) When she eats it.
(d) When she watches it die.
9. What holds the Bluefish quietly?
(a) The minnows.
(b) The glass.
(c) The sky.
(d) The sea.
10. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
(a) The Earth.
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
(d) The stars.
11. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
(a) To communicate their desires.
(b) For reasons man cannot understand.
(c) To show their inner-beauty.
(d) All of these.
12. What kind of body does the narrator want in 'The Sea'?
13. What kind of life would the narrator of 'The Meeting' like to live?
(a) A wild life.
(b) A busy life.
(c) A calm life.
(d) A natural life.
14. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
(a) Looking for food.
(c) Soaring in the sky.
(d) Caring for her children.
15. What flows through the branches of the plum trees?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'The Honey Tree', what is found in the honey tree?
2. What rubs its hands all over the narrator in 'Spring'?
3. Who is the wood duck calling to in 'Little Sister Pond'?
4. What are seen drinking at the Great Pond?
5. What can be seen by an animal in 'Spring'?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)