|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of body does the narrator want in 'The Sea'?
2. Where did the narrator of 'Music' later hear the music again?
(a) Behind closed doors.
(b) At her workplace.
(c) In her memories.
(d) In her dreams.
3. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
4. What does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) The sights.
(b) The sounds.
(c) The smells.
(d) The touches.
5. What does the narrator drop into the grass in 'The Meeting'?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A dress.
(c) A package.
(d) A book.
6. What swims in everyone in 'Blossom'?
(a) The Earth.
(b) The sun.
(c) The moon.
(d) The stars.
7. What do the Bluefish eat?
8. What does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) A choral piece.
(b) A matched team.
(c) All of these.
(d) Leaves on the breeze.
9. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
(a) The rain.
(b) The wind.
(c) The children.
(d) The bees.
10. How many things does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must do in the world?
11. What is the animal in 'Happiness' doing?
(b) Caring for her children.
(c) Looking for food.
(d) Soaring in the sky.
12. What can be seen by an animal in 'Spring'?
13. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To be one with the sea.
(b) To have her life and her legs joined.
(c) To have her lover by her side.
(d) To spend her life by the sea.
14. What kind of mythical creature does the narrator compare herself to in 'Music'?
(a) A goat-like god.
(b) A goddess of the forest.
(c) A tree nymph.
(d) A mermaid.
15. What floats away on the ponds in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes nameless in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
2. In 'Blackwater Woods', what is on the other side of the black river of loss?
3. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
4. What swarms around the animal in 'Happiness'?
5. In 'Fish', where is the fish when he dies?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)