|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator not want to do in 'White Night'?
(b) Startle the night.
(c) Wake up.
2. What does the narrator of 'Music' think is accountable for the music?
(a) The ears.
(b) The memory.
(c) The heart.
(d) The history.
3. What does the narrator drop into the grass in 'The Meeting'?
(a) A dress.
(b) A book.
(c) A package.
(d) A weapon.
4. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
(a) The wind.
(b) The children.
(c) The bees.
(d) The rain.
5. What touches the head of the muskrat in 'White Night'?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The wind.
(c) The moon.
(d) The river.
6. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' compare herself to as she climb's the honey tree?
(a) A bear.
(b) All of these.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bee.
7. What chops at people like an iron hoe in 'Blossom'?
8. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
(a) Their potential for giving.
(b) The place of our existence.
(c) Their coming death.
(d) Their reason for life.
9. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
(a) The blossoms.
(b) The coming spring.
(c) The hum of the bees.
(d) The rain.
10. What is the country made of in 'Humpbacks'?
11. What season does 'Music' take place in?
12. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to?
13. How does the narrator describe her thoughts in the third part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
14. What do the Bluefish eat?
15. What color is the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator feel inside her at the end of 'Fish'?
2. What rubs its hands all over the narrator in 'Spring'?
3. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
4. In 'The Honey Tree', what is found in the honey tree?
5. How many humpbacks are near the boat in 'Humpbacks'?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)