|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
(a) To show their inner-beauty.
(b) All of these.
(c) To communicate their desires.
(d) For reasons man cannot understand.
2. Where does the narrator of 'White Night' want to lose herself?
(a) The currents.
(b) Her wishes.
(c) The clouds.
(d) Her dreams.
3. What does the narrator drop into the grass in 'The Meeting'?
(a) A package.
(b) A dress.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A book.
4. How many snakes are seen by the narrator in 'The Snakes'?
5. How many things does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must do in the world?
6. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say people long for before their death?
7. What wanders with the narrator in 'White Night'?
(a) The river.
(b) The stars.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The moon.
8. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
(a) See her child once more.
(b) Undo mistakes.
(c) Prolong her life.
(d) Live her life over again.
9. Which of these words does the narrator use to describe the rain in 'Spring'?
(c) All of these.
10. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
(a) The rain.
(b) The hum of the bees.
(c) The blossoms.
(d) The coming spring.
11. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The pleasure.
(b) The mystery.
(c) The river.
(d) The music.
12. What kills the fish in the poem, 'Fish'?
(a) Another fish.
(b) A boat.
(c) The hook.
(d) The air.
13. What does the narrator of 'The Sea' call the sea?
(a) The birthplace of her best thoughts.
(b) Her dream house.
(c) The illustration of her soul.
(d) Her sanctuary.
14. What season does 'Music' take place in?
15. What kind of mythical creature does the narrator compare herself to in 'Music'?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) A goddess of the forest.
(c) A goat-like god.
(d) A tree nymph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the narrator of 'Bluefish' doing when she saw the Bluefish?
2. Where did the narrator of' Music' first hear the music?
3. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say death is a state of?
4. What does the rising sun in 'Morning at Great Pond' make the night do?
5. What is the country made of in 'Humpbacks'?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)