|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'The Honey Tree', what is found in the honey tree?
(a) Pure light.
2. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
(a) Their needs.
(b) Their desires.
(c) Their standards.
(d) Their poems.
3. What kind of life would the narrator of 'The Meeting' like to live?
(a) A calm life.
(b) A wild life.
(c) A natural life.
(d) A busy life.
4. In 'Humpbacks', what does the narrator say holds the most allure for people?
(a) The ocean.
(c) Their past.
(d) Their dreams.
5. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the coming morning to?
(a) A chaotic ending.
(b) A glass shattering.
(c) An open shutter.
(d) A hurricane.
6. What rubs its hands all over the narrator in 'Spring'?
(a) The Spring.
(b) The rain.
(c) The mist.
(d) The dog.
7. What becomes nameless in the 'Blackwater Woods'?
(a) The travellers.
(b) The rivers.
(c) The ponds.
(d) The trees.
8. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
(a) The rain.
(b) The children.
(c) The bees.
(d) The wind.
9. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to?
10. What do the Bluefish eat?
11. What holds the Bluefish quietly?
(a) The minnows.
(b) The sea.
(c) The sky.
(d) The glass.
12. What do the trees in the 'Blackwater Woods' give off?
(b) A protection.
(d) A fragrance.
13. What does the narrator want to do at the end of 'The Meeting'?
(a) Prolong her life.
(b) Undo mistakes.
(c) Live her life over again.
(d) See her child once more.
14. In 'Blackwater Woods', what is on the other side of the black river of loss?
15. How many humpbacks are near the boat in 'Humpbacks'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say humpbacks sing?
2. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' love as she climbs the honey tree?
3. What storms in 'May'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must love?
5. What touches the head of the muskrat in 'White Night'?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)