|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe at the beginning of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) The touches.
(b) The sounds.
(c) The sights.
(d) The smells.
2. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The river.
(b) The pleasure.
(c) The mystery.
(d) The music.
3. What kills the fish in the poem, 'Fish'?
(a) The hook.
(b) Another fish.
(c) The air.
(d) A boat.
4. What does the narrator not want to do in 'White Night'?
(a) Wake up.
(b) Startle the night.
5. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to?
6. How does the narrator describe the movement of the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
(a) Quick gallops.
(b) Small breaths.
(c) Gentle zigs.
(d) Smooth dancing.
7. What kind of nuggets are found in 'Spring'?
8. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' compare the Bluefish to as they eat?
(b) A swarm.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A wave.
9. What does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
(a) Leaves on the breeze.
(b) A matched team.
(c) A choral piece.
(d) All of these.
10. What does the narrator of 'Blossom' say death is a state of?
11. What season does 'Music' take place in?
12. What would make a paradise for the narrator of 'The Sea'?
(a) To be one with the sea.
(b) To have her lover by her side.
(c) To have her life and her legs joined.
(d) To spend her life by the sea.
13. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
14. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' think the earth does before it becomes Heaven?
15. How does the sea move, as described in the poem 'The Sea'?
(a) Wave by wave.
(b) Stroke by stroke.
(c) Wind by wind.
(d) Splash by splash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Humpbacks' compare the jumps of a humpback to?
2. What is described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
3. What provides spiritual honey to the narrator of 'May'?
4. What dives into the storm in 'May'?
5. In 'Fish', what does the fish refuse to do?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)