|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season does 'Music' take place in?
2. What does the listener drown in in 'Music'?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The music.
(c) The river.
(d) The pleasure.
3. What wanders with the narrator in 'White Night'?
(a) The river.
(b) The moon.
(c) The stars.
(d) The clouds.
4. What do the leaves on the honey tree look like?
(b) Warning signs.
(c) Dark hair.
5. Where did the narrator of 'Music' later hear the music again?
(a) In her dreams.
(b) At her workplace.
(c) Behind closed doors.
(d) In her memories.
6. How does the narrator describe a muskrat in 'White Night'?
7. What kills the fish in the poem, 'Fish'?
(a) Another fish.
(b) The air.
(c) The hook.
(d) A boat.
8. In 'Humpbacks', what does the narrator say holds the most allure for people?
(a) The ocean.
(c) Their past.
(d) Their dreams.
9. What rubs its hands all over the narrator in 'Spring'?
(a) The Spring.
(b) The rain.
(c) The mist.
(d) The dog.
10. What are compared to black blossoms in 'Blossom'?
(a) A bear.
(c) The night.
11. What does the narrator of 'The Sea' call the sea?
(a) Her sanctuary.
(b) Her dream house.
(c) The birthplace of her best thoughts.
(d) The illustration of her soul.
12. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
(a) The place of our existence.
(b) Their potential for giving.
(c) Their coming death.
(d) Their reason for life.
13. What do the trees in the 'Blackwater Woods' turn themselves into?
(a) Pillars of light.
(c) Castle towers.
14. What does the narrator not want to do in 'White Night'?
(b) Wake up.
(c) Startle the night.
15. What does the narrator of 'The Honey Tree' love as she climbs the honey tree?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is featured in 'Happiness'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Blackwater Woods' say a man must love?
3. What does the narrator of 'Bluefish' think the earth does before it becomes Heaven?
4. Which of these does the narrator of 'The Snakes' compare the snakes to?
5. What color is the creature described in the second part of 'Little Sister Pond'?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)