Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
(b) Ambulance lights.
(d) Electric lights.
2. What is the whorehouse filled with?
(a) Old clothing.
3. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
4. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
(a) The ground.
(b) The lake.
(c) The grass.
(d) A tree.
5. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) The abductors.
(b) The parents.
(c) The siblings.
(d) The children.
6. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
7. What does the crow dream about in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) Laying eggs.
(b) Catching an owl.
(c) Beating a man.
(d) Finding a lover.
8. Who killed a crow the week before in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A fox.
(c) An owl.
(d) A man.
9. What beats the roof in 'Lightning'?
(d) Tree branches.
10. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
(a) The rains.
(b) The moisture.
(c) All of these.
(d) The winds.
11. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(b) Masked beings.
12. What is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A skunk.
(c) A heron.
(d) A fox.
13. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) A cave.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) A house of sticks.
(d) All of these.
14. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her tongue.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her stomach.
15. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
(a) God's creations.
(b) Government officials.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Lydia's family to find where she slept in 'The Lost Children'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
3. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
4. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
5. What was Lydia doing when she went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)