|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shines in 'Lightning'?
(a) The lake.
(b) The oaks.
(c) The rain.
(d) The house lights.
2. What does the narrator want to do to the stranger in 'Flying'?
(a) Touch him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Take a picture of him.
(d) Be with him.
3. What does the narrator say the wind has in 'Web'?
(c) A mind.
4. What do the birds decide not to do in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
5. What does the narrator dream about in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) Harvest and feasts.
(c) Fruit and grain.
(d) Flowers and rain.
6. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
7. What does the narrator recognize for the first time in 'Web'?
8. What do the moles hide under in 'Moles'?
9. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
10. What was Lydia doing when she went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Checking her mail.
(c) Visiting a friend.
(d) Herding her cows.
11. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
12. How old was Isaac when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
13. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
14. What does the narrator say happens to the woods in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(a) They become dangerous.
(b) They get noisy.
(c) They grow in silence.
(d) They get empty.
15. What was in the attic in 'Web'?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bat.
(c) A Black Widow.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed a crow the week before in 'Crows and Owls'?
2. What is the narrator unsure she can do in 'Web'?
3. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
4. How did Isaac go missing in 'The Lost Children'?
5. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)