|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
2. What do the moles hide under in 'Moles'?
3. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
(a) Wheat bread.
4. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
(a) A museum.
(b) A vet.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A land fill.
5. What did someone tell the narrator in the second part of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(a) She is limited.
(b) Some things are impossible.
(c) God has abandoned man.
(d) All things are for a reason.
6. What is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
(a) A fox.
(b) A skunk.
(c) A heron.
(d) A rabbit.
7. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
8. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her tongue.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her fingers.
9. What was Lydia doing when she went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Herding her cows.
(b) Checking her mail.
(c) Visiting a friend.
(d) Going for a walk.
10. According to 'John Chapman', what decision must people make when they are in pain?
(a) To heal or fester.
(b) To prosper or fail.
(c) To die or continue.
(d) To feel or ignore.
11. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
(a) A tree.
(b) The lake.
(c) The ground.
(d) The grass.
12. Which of these is used to describe the moles in 'Moles'?
(d) All of these.
13. What springs up behind John Chapman as he wanders in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Weeds and thistles.
(b) Fond memories.
(c) Apple trees.
14. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Ms. Park.
(b) Ms. Preece.
(c) Mrs. Prue.
(d) Mrs. Price.
15. How does the narrator get into the whorehouse?
(a) She climbs through a broken window.
(b) She breaks down the door.
(c) She climbs through a hole in the roof.
(d) She uses a skeleton key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
2. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
3. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
4. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
5. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)