|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Clapp's Pond', what does the narrator see drinking from the lake miles away?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) An egret.
(c) A doe.
(d) A pheasant.
2. What causes the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' to explode at times?
(a) The smell of grapes.
(b) The sound of thunder.
(c) Hearing footsteps.
(d) Walking by it.
3. What does the narrator want to do to the stranger in 'Flying'?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Take a picture of him.
(d) Be with him.
4. What shines in 'Lightning'?
(a) The rain.
(b) The oaks.
(c) The house lights.
(d) The lake.
5. How does the narrator describe the stranger in 'Flying'?
6. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
7. Where is the dead kitten buried in 'The Kitten'?
(a) A field.
(b) A flower bed.
(c) A garden.
(d) A graveyard.
8. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
(a) A pot.
(b) A board.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A tarp.
9. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A thought.
(c) A sound.
(d) A vision.
10. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
11. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
(c) Wreaking havoc.
(d) Replenishing the earth.
12. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
(a) A museum.
(b) A vet.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A land fill.
13. What beats the roof in 'Lightning'?
(a) Tree branches.
14. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
(c) Stagnant water.
15. Where is the narrator in 'Flying'?
(a) An airport.
(b) A hot-air balloon.
(c) A plane.
(d) A large meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
2. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
3. What do the moles hide under in 'Moles'?
4. How long does the storm in 'Lightning' last?
5. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' do when it starts to rain?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)