|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
2. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
(a) A tree.
(b) The lake.
(c) The ground.
(d) The grass.
3. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
(a) Worldly needs.
(d) The past.
4. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
5. What do the birds decide not to do in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
6. What does the narrator say she is close to in 'Cold Poem'?
(b) The edge.
7. Where is the dead kitten buried in 'The Kitten'?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A flower bed.
(c) A field.
(d) A garden.
8. How did the narrator of 'The Kitten' feel when she buried the kitten?
9. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
(a) A vet.
(b) A museum.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A land fill.
10. In 'John Chapman', what state does John Chapman live in?
11. How does the narrator describe the shark heading for the seals in 'Cold Poem'?
12. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Ms. Park.
(b) Mrs. Price.
(c) Ms. Preece.
(d) Mrs. Prue.
13. What color is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
14. What is the narrator unsure she can do in 'Web'?
15. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
(a) Stagnant water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
2. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
3. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
4. What does the narrator say the wind has in 'Web'?
5. What does the narrator feel during the storm in 'Lightning'?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)