|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
2. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
(a) The rains.
(b) The moisture.
(c) The winds.
(d) All of these.
3. How long does the storm in 'Lightning' last?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
4. In 'Clapp's Pond', what does the narrator see drinking from the lake miles away?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A doe.
(c) An egret.
(d) A pheasant.
5. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Mrs. Prue.
(b) Ms. Preece.
(c) Mrs. Price.
(d) Ms. Park.
6. What does the narrator say she is close to in 'Cold Poem'?
(b) The edge.
7. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
8. How did Isaac go missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) He got lost.
(b) He fell in a pit.
(c) He was stolen.
(d) He ran away.
9. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
(a) The past.
(d) Worldly needs.
10. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
11. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
(d) All of these.
12. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
(b) Ambulance lights.
(d) Electric lights.
13. What does the narrator say the wind has in 'Web'?
(b) A mind.
14. What does the crow dream about in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) Catching an owl.
(b) Finding a lover.
(c) Beating a man.
(d) Laying eggs.
15. What does the narrator dream about in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) Flowers and rain.
(c) Fruit and grain.
(d) Harvest and feasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
2. How long did it take for Lydia's family to find where she slept in 'The Lost Children'?
3. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
4. What does John Chapman also use his hat for in 'John Chapman'?
5. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)