|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Mrs. Prue.
(b) Mrs. Price.
(c) Ms. Preece.
(d) Ms. Park.
2. What shines in 'Lightning'?
(a) The rain.
(b) The oaks.
(c) The lake.
(d) The house lights.
3. How did Isaac feel when he returned to the world in 'The Lost Children'?
4. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
(c) Stagnant water.
5. What color is the snake in 'Rain in Ohio'?
6. According to 'John Chapman', what decision must people make when they are in pain?
(a) To heal or fester.
(b) To feel or ignore.
(c) To prosper or fail.
(d) To die or continue.
7. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
(a) The nurses.
(b) The children.
(c) The trees.
8. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
9. How do men protect themselves when it grows colder, according to 'Cold Poem'?
(a) They kill others.
(b) They go to church.
(c) They listen to their bodies.
(d) They gather close to those they love.
10. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
(b) Electric lights.
(d) Ambulance lights.
11. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
12. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) A house of sticks.
(b) All of these.
(c) A cave.
(d) A bonnet.
13. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) Their own bones.
(b) The sky.
(d) Their past.
14. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Sings and squeals.
(b) Unnails itself.
(c) Breaks away.
(d) Bars her inside.
15. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
2. What is the narrator unsure she can do in 'Web'?
3. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
4. What causes the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' to explode at times?
5. How does the narrator describe the shark heading for the seals in 'Cold Poem'?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)