|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
(b) Replenishing the earth.
(d) Wreaking havoc.
2. What beats the roof in 'Lightning'?
(a) Tree branches.
3. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her tongue.
(d) Her fingers.
4. How long does the storm in 'Lightning' last?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 7 hours.
5. What does the lightning teach the narrator about in 'Lightning'?
(a) Human nature.
6. What does John Chapman also use his hat for in 'John Chapman'?
(b) A weapon.
7. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
(d) Stagnant water.
8. What does the dust try to hide in the whorehouse?
(a) The allure.
(b) The sin.
(c) The glamour.
(d) The past.
9. According to 'John Chapman', what decision must people make when they are in pain?
(a) To die or continue.
(b) To prosper or fail.
(c) To heal or fester.
(d) To feel or ignore.
10. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Government officials.
(b) God's creations.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The law.
11. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
(c) Wheat bread.
12. How do men protect themselves when it grows colder, according to 'Cold Poem'?
(a) They gather close to those they love.
(b) They listen to their bodies.
(c) They kill others.
(d) They go to church.
13. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
14. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Bars her inside.
(b) Sings and squeals.
(c) Unnails itself.
(d) Breaks away.
15. How does the narrator describe the stranger in 'Flying'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
2. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
3. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
4. What did someone tell the narrator in the second part of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
5. What made people think Lydia was taken by Indians in 'The Lost Children'?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)