|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
(a) Stagnant water.
2. In 'Clapp's Pond', what does the narrator see drinking from the lake miles away?
(a) A pheasant.
(b) A doe.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) An egret.
3. How did the narrator of 'The Kitten' feel when she buried the kitten?
4. How does the narrator get into the whorehouse?
(a) She uses a skeleton key.
(b) She breaks down the door.
(c) She climbs through a broken window.
(d) She climbs through a hole in the roof.
5. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her tongue.
6. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
(b) The trees.
(c) The children.
(d) The nurses.
7. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) Their own bones.
(b) The sky.
(c) Their past.
8. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
(a) Ambulance lights.
(b) Electric lights.
9. What shines in 'Lightning'?
(a) The house lights.
(b) The lake.
(c) The oaks.
(d) The rain.
10. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
11. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(b) A home.
(c) A companion.
12. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A tarp.
(c) A pot.
(d) A board.
13. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Sings and squeals.
(b) Unnails itself.
(c) Breaks away.
(d) Bars her inside.
14. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
(a) God's creations.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The law.
(d) Government officials.
15. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
2. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
3. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
4. Why did the narrator in 'The Lost Children' say Tarhe refused to return Isaac?
5. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)