|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beats the roof in 'Lightning'?
(c) Tree branches.
2. What color is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
3. What was Lydia doing when she went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Herding her cows.
(c) Checking her mail.
(d) Visiting a friend.
4. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
5. How old was Isaac when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
6. How does the narrator describe the stranger in 'Flying'?
7. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
(b) Their own bones.
(c) The sky.
(d) Their past.
8. What month does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' see the blue heron?
9. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
10. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
(a) Her tongue.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her lips.
11. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
(a) His speeches.
(b) His relations with the Indians.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His trees.
12. What is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
(a) A skunk.
(b) A fox.
(c) A heron.
(d) A rabbit.
13. According to 'John Chapman', what decision must people make when they are in pain?
(a) To heal or fester.
(b) To die or continue.
(c) To feel or ignore.
(d) To prosper or fail.
14. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
15. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
(d) Wheat bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some people not gather the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms'?
2. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
3. What is the whorehouse filled with?
4. Where is the dead kitten buried in 'The Kitten'?
5. What does the crow dream about in 'Crows and Owls'?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)