|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
2. How does the narrator get into the whorehouse?
(a) She climbs through a broken window.
(b) She climbs through a hole in the roof.
(c) She breaks down the door.
(d) She uses a skeleton key.
3. What do the moles hide under in 'Moles'?
4. What is the narrator unsure she can do in 'Web'?
5. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
(a) A thought.
(b) A vision.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A sound.
6. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
(a) The past.
(d) Worldly needs.
7. How did Isaac go missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) He got lost.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He was stolen.
(d) He fell in a pit.
8. Why do some people not gather the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms'?
(a) They are in a hidden place.
(b) Some do not like them.
(c) Some are poison.
(d) They are protected.
9. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
10. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
(a) All of these.
11. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
(a) A shallow ditch.
(b) A cave.
(c) A nest.
(d) A tree.
12. What shines in 'Lightning'?
(a) The rain.
(b) The house lights.
(c) The oaks.
(d) The lake.
13. What color is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
14. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) A cave.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) A house of sticks.
(d) All of these.
15. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
(a) The moisture.
(b) The winds.
(c) The rains.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do men protect themselves when it grows colder, according to 'Cold Poem'?
2. What does the narrator want to do to the stranger in 'Flying'?
3. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
4. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
5. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)