|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' see the blue heron?
2. What does the narrator recognize for the first time in 'Web'?
3. How long does the storm in 'Lightning' last?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
4. What beats the roof in 'Lightning'?
(d) Tree branches.
5. What did the narrator think Isaac caught when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(b) Confusion of self.
(c) A will to live.
(d) Dancing feet.
6. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) The abductors.
(b) The children.
(c) The siblings.
(d) The parents.
7. What do the birds decide not to do in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
8. What made people think Lydia was taken by Indians in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Horseprints were found by her bonnet.
(b) There was a message left.
(c) She dropped trinkets on a road to a reservation.
(d) Her mother had a dream.
9. What blurs the moles' traceries in 'Moles'?
10. Why did the narrator in 'The Lost Children' say Tarhe refused to return Isaac?
(a) He was afraid.
(b) He needed the work.
(c) He loved him.
(d) He had no need for money.
11. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' do when it starts to rain?
(a) Goes inside her tent.
(b) Makes her way home.
(c) Dances in the rain.
(d) Puts more logs on the fire.
12. According to 'John Chapman', what decision must people make when they are in pain?
(a) To prosper or fail.
(b) To feel or ignore.
(c) To heal or fester.
(d) To die or continue.
13. What does the dust try to hide in the whorehouse?
(a) The sin.
(b) The past.
(c) The glamour.
(d) The allure.
14. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
(c) The past.
(d) Worldly needs.
15. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the whorehouse filled with?
2. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
3. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
4. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
5. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)