|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
(a) Wheat bread.
2. What does the narrator recognize for the first time in 'Web'?
3. What does the crow dream about in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) Beating a man.
(b) Catching an owl.
(c) Finding a lover.
(d) Laying eggs.
4. How many crows hunt together in 'Crows and Owls'?
5. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
(a) His speeches.
(b) His relations with the Indians.
(c) His trees.
(d) His clothing.
6. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) The sky.
(b) Their own bones.
(c) Their past.
7. What does the narrator say happens to the woods in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(a) They get noisy.
(b) They get empty.
(c) They grow in silence.
(d) They become dangerous.
8. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
(a) Pure and innocent.
(b) Cruel and honest.
(c) Wise and old.
(d) Bold and fearful.
9. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
(a) A board.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A pot.
(d) A tarp.
10. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
(a) Her fingers.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her tongue.
(d) Her stomach.
11. Who killed a crow the week before in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) A fox.
(b) An owl.
(c) A man.
(d) A hawk.
12. What does the narrator dream about in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) Flowers and rain.
(b) Fruit and grain.
(c) Snow and ice.
(d) Harvest and feasts.
13. Which of these is used to describe the moles in 'Moles'?
(d) All of these.
14. Why do some people not gather the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms'?
(a) Some are poison.
(b) They are protected.
(c) They are in a hidden place.
(d) Some do not like them.
15. What blurs the moles' traceries in 'Moles'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
2. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
3. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
4. In 'Clapp's Pond', what does the narrator see drinking from the lake miles away?
5. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)