|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'John Chapman', what state does John Chapman live in?
2. What beats the roof in 'Lightning'?
(a) Tree branches.
3. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
4. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
(c) Worldly needs.
(d) The past.
5. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
6. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
(a) The lake.
(b) The ground.
(c) The grass.
(d) A tree.
7. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
8. What does the dust try to hide in the whorehouse?
(a) The sin.
(b) The glamour.
(c) The past.
(d) The allure.
9. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) A house of sticks.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) A cave.
(d) All of these.
10. What month does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' see the blue heron?
11. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
12. What was Lydia doing when she went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Herding her cows.
(c) Visiting a friend.
(d) Checking her mail.
13. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
(a) A vision.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A sound.
(d) A thought.
14. How long did it take for Lydia's family to find where she slept in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 6 days.
15. What does the narrator want to do to the stranger in 'Flying'?
(a) Touch him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Take a picture of him.
(d) Be with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did someone tell the narrator in the second part of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
2. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
3. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
4. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
5. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)