|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) The sky.
(c) Their past.
(d) Their own bones.
2. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
(a) The trees.
(c) The children.
(d) The nurses.
3. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
4. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' do when it starts to rain?
(a) Puts more logs on the fire.
(b) Goes inside her tent.
(c) Dances in the rain.
(d) Makes her way home.
5. According to 'John Chapman', what decision must people make when they are in pain?
(a) To prosper or fail.
(b) To die or continue.
(c) To heal or fester.
(d) To feel or ignore.
6. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
7. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
(a) Wise and old.
(b) Pure and innocent.
(c) Bold and fearful.
(d) Cruel and honest.
8. What color is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
9. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
10. How old was Isaac when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
11. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
12. Why did the narrator in 'The Lost Children' say Tarhe refused to return Isaac?
(a) He was afraid.
(b) He had no need for money.
(c) He needed the work.
(d) He loved him.
13. What causes the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' to explode at times?
(a) Walking by it.
(b) The smell of grapes.
(c) The sound of thunder.
(d) Hearing footsteps.
14. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
15. What does the narrator recognize for the first time in 'Web'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
2. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
3. What springs up behind John Chapman as he wanders in 'John Chapman'?
4. What shines in 'Lightning'?
5. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)