|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What springs up behind John Chapman as he wanders in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Fond memories.
(b) Weeds and thistles.
(d) Apple trees.
2. How many crows hunt together in 'Crows and Owls'?
3. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(d) Masked beings.
4. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
5. How does the narrator get into the whorehouse?
(a) She climbs through a broken window.
(b) She climbs through a hole in the roof.
(c) She breaks down the door.
(d) She uses a skeleton key.
6. What does the narrator feel during the storm in 'Lightning'?
(c) All of these.
7. How long does the storm in 'Lightning' last?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 7 hours.
8. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' do when it starts to rain?
(a) Goes inside her tent.
(b) Dances in the rain.
(c) Makes her way home.
(d) Puts more logs on the fire.
9. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Sings and squeals.
(b) Unnails itself.
(c) Breaks away.
(d) Bars her inside.
10. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(c) A companion.
(d) A home.
11. How did Isaac feel when he returned to the world in 'The Lost Children'?
12. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
(a) Replenishing the earth.
(c) Wreaking havoc.
13. How do men protect themselves when it grows colder, according to 'Cold Poem'?
(a) They gather close to those they love.
(b) They listen to their bodies.
(c) They go to church.
(d) They kill others.
14. How did the narrator of 'The Kitten' feel when she buried the kitten?
15. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say she is close to in 'Cold Poem'?
2. What did someone tell the narrator in the second part of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
3. What does the narrator say happens to the woods in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
4. What does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' build lots of when it grows cold?
5. How does the narrator describe the stranger in 'Flying'?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)