|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
2. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
3. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
4. What color is the snake in 'Rain in Ohio'?
5. What was in the attic in 'Web'?
(a) A snake.
(b) A Black Widow.
(c) A bird.
(d) A bat.
6. Where does the snake hide when the rain comes in 'Rain in Ohio'?
(a) A tree.
(b) The grass.
(c) The lake.
(d) The ground.
7. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(c) Masked beings.
8. What does the narrator want to do to the stranger in 'Flying'?
(a) Take a picture of him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Touch him.
(d) Be with him.
9. Who killed a crow the week before in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) A hawk.
(b) An owl.
(c) A fox.
(d) A man.
10. How does the narrator get into the whorehouse?
(a) She climbs through a hole in the roof.
(b) She breaks down the door.
(c) She climbs through a broken window.
(d) She uses a skeleton key.
11. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
(a) The nurses.
(b) The trees.
(c) The children.
12. Where is the narrator in 'Flying'?
(a) A large meeting.
(b) A plane.
(c) An airport.
(d) A hot-air balloon.
13. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
14. How do men protect themselves when it grows colder, according to 'Cold Poem'?
(a) They kill others.
(b) They gather close to those they love.
(c) They listen to their bodies.
(d) They go to church.
15. What is the whorehouse filled with?
(c) Old clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
2. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
3. How did the narrator of 'The Kitten' feel when she buried the kitten?
4. What was Lydia doing when she went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
5. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)