|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Breaks away.
(b) Sings and squeals.
(c) Bars her inside.
(d) Unnails itself.
2. What do the moles hide under in 'Moles'?
3. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
4. How did Isaac go missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) He was stolen.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He got lost.
(d) He fell in a pit.
5. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
(a) Her fingers.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her tongue.
(d) Her lips.
6. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
7. What was in the attic in 'Web'?
(a) A bird.
(b) A snake.
(c) A Black Widow.
(d) A bat.
8. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
9. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
(a) The winds.
(b) The moisture.
(c) All of these.
(d) The rains.
10. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
11. What does John Chapman also use his hat for in 'John Chapman'?
(c) A weapon.
12. What month does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' see the blue heron?
13. What is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
(a) A fox.
(b) A heron.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A skunk.
14. What springs up behind John Chapman as he wanders in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Weeds and thistles.
(c) Fond memories.
(d) Apple trees.
15. How do men protect themselves when it grows colder, according to 'Cold Poem'?
(a) They kill others.
(b) They go to church.
(c) They listen to their bodies.
(d) They gather close to those they love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare sin to in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
2. What did someone tell the narrator in the second part of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
3. What made people think Lydia was taken by Indians in 'The Lost Children'?
4. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
5. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)