|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A land fill.
(c) A museum.
(d) A vet.
2. Which of these is used to describe the moles in 'Moles'?
(c) All of these.
3. What does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' build lots of when it grows cold?
4. Who heard John Chapman talking about women in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Mrs. Price.
(b) Mrs. Prue.
(c) Ms. Park.
(d) Ms. Preece.
5. What does the lightning teach the narrator about in 'Lightning'?
(c) Human nature.
6. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
7. How does the narrator describe the stranger in 'Flying'?
8. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 4 miles.
9. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
10. What does the narrator say the wind has in 'Web'?
(b) A mind.
11. What is the narrator unsure she can do in 'Web'?
12. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Government officials.
(b) God's creations.
(c) The law.
(d) The Indians.
13. How long does the storm in 'Lightning' last?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
14. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her tongue.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her stomach.
15. What color is the snake in 'Rain in Ohio'?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Isaac go missing in 'The Lost Children'?
2. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
3. In 'John Chapman', what state does John Chapman live in?
4. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
5. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)