|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
2. How did Isaac feel when he returned to the world in 'The Lost Children'?
3. How many crows hunt together in 'Crows and Owls'?
4. What does the dust try to hide in the whorehouse?
(a) The glamour.
(b) The allure.
(c) The sin.
(d) The past.
5. How does the narrator describe the stranger in 'Flying'?
6. What does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' build lots of when it grows cold?
7. Why did the narrator in 'The Lost Children' say Tarhe refused to return Isaac?
(a) He had no need for money.
(b) He was afraid.
(c) He loved him.
(d) He needed the work.
8. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
(a) Wheat bread.
9. How did the narrator of 'The Kitten' feel when she buried the kitten?
10. What is the narrator unsure she can do in 'Web'?
11. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A pot.
(c) A board.
(d) A tarp.
12. Which of these is used to describe the moles in 'Moles'?
(a) All of these.
13. What month does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' see the blue heron?
14. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
(a) Bold and fearful.
(b) Pure and innocent.
(c) Wise and old.
(d) Cruel and honest.
15. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
(a) A nest.
(b) A shallow ditch.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
2. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
3. How long did it take for Lydia's family to find where she slept in 'The Lost Children'?
4. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
5. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)