|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
2. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
(a) Wreaking havoc.
(b) Replenishing the earth.
3. What does the narrator say she is close to in 'Cold Poem'?
(d) The edge.
4. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) Their past.
(b) Their own bones.
(d) The sky.
5. In 'Clapp's Pond', what does the narrator see drinking from the lake miles away?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A pheasant.
(c) An egret.
(d) A doe.
6. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
7. What does the narrator dream about in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) Harvest and feasts.
(b) Flowers and rain.
(c) Snow and ice.
(d) Fruit and grain.
8. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(b) A companion.
(d) A home.
9. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
10. What was Lydia doing when she went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Checking her mail.
(b) Going for a walk.
(c) Visiting a friend.
(d) Herding her cows.
11. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Sings and squeals.
(b) Unnails itself.
(c) Breaks away.
(d) Bars her inside.
12. How do men protect themselves when it grows colder, according to 'Cold Poem'?
(a) They gather close to those they love.
(b) They go to church.
(c) They listen to their bodies.
(d) They kill others.
13. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
(c) Worldly needs.
(d) The past.
14. How old was Isaac when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
15. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(d) Masked beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
2. What does the narrator say happens to the woods in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
3. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
4. What color is the snake in 'Rain in Ohio'?
5. What does the water turn to according to the metaphor in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)