|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Masked beings.
2. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
(a) Wise and old.
(b) Cruel and honest.
(c) Bold and fearful.
(d) Pure and innocent.
3. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) The parents.
(b) The abductors.
(c) The siblings.
(d) The children.
4. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
(a) Electric lights.
(c) Ambulance lights.
5. What does the narrator recognize for the first time in 'Web'?
6. What does John Chapman always try to honor in 'John Chapman'?
(a) The law.
(b) Government officials.
(c) God's creations.
(d) The Indians.
7. How many crows hunt together in 'Crows and Owls'?
8. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Breaks away.
(b) Unnails itself.
(c) Sings and squeals.
(d) Bars her inside.
9. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
(b) Replenishing the earth.
(c) Wreaking havoc.
10. How long did it take for Lydia's family to find where she slept in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 6 days.
11. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
12. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) All of these.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) A house of sticks.
(d) A cave.
13. What springs up behind John Chapman as he wanders in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Fond memories.
(c) Weeds and thistles.
(d) Apple trees.
14. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(a) A home.
(b) A companion.
15. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Working in the fields.
(c) Going for a walk.
(d) Heading to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the crows so angry with the owl in 'Crows and Owls'?
2. How did Isaac feel when he returned to the world in 'The Lost Children'?
3. What does the narrator feel during the storm in 'Lightning'?
4. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
5. What season can John Chapman still be sensed in 'John Chapman'?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)