|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Heading to school.
(b) Going for a walk.
(d) Working in the fields.
2. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
3. Which of these is used to describe the moles in 'Moles'?
(a) All of these.
4. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
5. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
(a) A nest.
(b) A cave.
(c) A tree.
(d) A shallow ditch.
6. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(d) Masked beings.
7. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 4 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
8. How old was Isaac when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
9. What does the narrator feel during the storm in 'Lightning'?
(b) All of these.
10. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Unnails itself.
(b) Breaks away.
(c) Sings and squeals.
(d) Bars her inside.
11. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A sound.
(c) A vision.
(d) A thought.
12. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
(c) Worldly needs.
(d) The past.
13. What did the narrator think Isaac caught when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Confusion of self.
(b) A will to live.
(c) Dancing feet.
14. How does the narrator describe the shark heading for the seals in 'Cold Poem'?
15. What does the narrator say moles accomplish during their lives in 'Moles'?
(b) Wreaking havoc.
(d) Replenishing the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the crows so angry with the owl in 'Crows and Owls'?
2. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
3. How does the narrator describe the stranger in 'Flying'?
4. What do the moles hide under in 'Moles'?
5. What blurs the moles' traceries in 'Moles'?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)