|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
(a) A vision.
(b) A sound.
(c) A thought.
(d) A nuisance.
2. What does the Robin call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
3. What does the crow call in 'Rain in Ohio'?
4. What does the narrator say happens to the woods in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(a) They get noisy.
(b) They grow in silence.
(c) They get empty.
(d) They become dangerous.
5. How did the narrator of 'The Kitten' feel when she buried the kitten?
6. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
(a) A cave.
(b) A tree.
(c) A nest.
(d) A shallow ditch.
7. What was Lydia's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
8. How did Isaac go missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He fell in a pit.
(c) He was stolen.
(d) He got lost.
9. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
10. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
11. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
(a) Ambulance lights.
(b) Electric lights.
12. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
13. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
14. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
(d) All of these.
15. What does the narrator of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron' build lots of when it grows cold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
2. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' say vanishes sometimes at Clapp's Pond?
3. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
4. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
5. What does the narrator in 'August' compare what she is eating to?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)