|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say happens to the woods in the winter in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(a) They get noisy.
(b) They become dangerous.
(c) They get empty.
(d) They grow in silence.
2. Who killed a crow the week before in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) A man.
(b) An owl.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hawk.
3. In 'John Chapman', what state does John Chapman live in?
4. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
(a) A pot.
(b) A tarp.
(c) A board.
(d) A blanket.
5. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) All of these.
(b) A house of sticks.
(c) A cave.
(d) A bonnet.
6. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
(b) All of these.
7. What does the changing water remind the blue heron of in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
8. How many crows hunt together in 'Crows and Owls'?
9. What does the narrator see sizzling under the door in 'Web'?
(b) Electric lights.
(c) Ambulance lights.
10. What was Lydia doing when she went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Visiting a friend.
(b) Going for a walk.
(c) Checking her mail.
(d) Herding her cows.
11. What is the only part of the narrator's body she is concerned with in 'August'?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her fingers.
(c) Her tongue.
(d) Her stomach.
12. What makes the crows so angry with the owl in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) It killed a crow.
(b) It allowed a crow to be killed.
(c) It mocked the crows' loss.
(d) It took over the crows' nest.
13. What does the dust try to hide in the whorehouse?
(a) The glamour.
(b) The past.
(c) The sin.
(d) The allure.
14. What does the narrator of 'Clapp's Pond' do when it starts to rain?
(a) Dances in the rain.
(b) Puts more logs on the fire.
(c) Makes her way home.
(d) Goes inside her tent.
15. What does the narrator dream about in 'Cold Poem'?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) Flowers and rain.
(c) Fruit and grain.
(d) Harvest and feasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
2. What causes the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' to explode at times?
3. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
4. What was Isaac's last name in 'The Lost Children'?
5. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)