|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the dead kitten buried in 'The Kitten'?
(a) A garden.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A field.
(d) A flower bed.
2. How did Isaac feel when he returned to the world in 'The Lost Children'?
3. What does the crow dream about in 'Crows and Owls'?
(a) Laying eggs.
(b) Beating a man.
(c) Catching an owl.
(d) Finding a lover.
4. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
(a) A vet.
(b) A museum.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A land fill.
5. What springs up behind John Chapman as he wanders in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Weeds and thistles.
(b) Apple trees.
(d) Fond memories.
6. What does the narrator eat in 'August'?
(b) Wheat bread.
7. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
(a) His relations with the Indians.
(b) His speeches.
(c) His trees.
(d) His clothing.
8. What did someone tell the narrator in the second part of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(a) She is limited.
(b) All things are for a reason.
(c) God has abandoned man.
(d) Some things are impossible.
9. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A pot.
(c) A board.
(d) A tarp.
10. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
11. In 'The Lost Children', what was near the footprints found of Lydia's?
(a) All of these.
(b) A house of sticks.
(c) A cave.
(d) A bonnet.
12. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 4 miles.
13. How long does the storm in 'Lightning' last?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 7 hours.
14. What does the trapdoor do in 'Web'?
(a) Sings and squeals.
(b) Unnails itself.
(c) Breaks away.
(d) Bars her inside.
15. What charts the health of the patients at the hospital?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does 'Mushrooms' take place in?
2. What does the narrator say she is close to in 'Cold Poem'?
3. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
4. How old was Isaac when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
5. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)