|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the attic in 'Web'?
(a) A bird.
(b) A Black Widow.
(c) A bat.
(d) A snake.
2. How many people does the narrator walk through the whorehouse with in 'An Old Whorehouse'?
3. What do some people label the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' as?
(a) A vision.
(b) A thought.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A sound.
4. In 'John Chapman', what state does John Chapman live in?
5. How long did it take for Lydia's family to find where she slept in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 5 days.
6. What does the narrator recognize for the first time in 'Web'?
7. What pulls the mushrooms in 'Mushrooms' from the ground?
(a) All of these.
(b) The winds.
(c) The rains.
(d) The moisture.
8. What is the blue heron looking for in 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(a) A companion.
(c) A home.
9. In 'Clapp's Pond', how wide is Clapp's Pond?
(a) 4 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
10. In 'Clapp's Pond', what does the narrator see drinking from the lake miles away?
(a) A doe.
(b) A pheasant.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) An egret.
11. What does the narrator want to do to the stranger in 'Flying'?
(a) Take a picture of him.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Be with him.
12. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Heading to school.
(b) Going for a walk.
(d) Working in the fields.
13. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) The siblings.
(b) The parents.
(c) The children.
(d) The abductors.
14. What does John Chapman use as a hat in 'John Chapman'?
(a) A board.
(b) A tarp.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A pot.
15. What color is the snake in 'Rain in Ohio'?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator when she walks through the whorehouse?
2. What shines in 'Lightning'?
3. What does the narrator say the wind has in 'Web'?
4. What does John Chapman also use his hat for in 'John Chapman'?
5. What do the moles find delicious in 'Moles'?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)