|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator think Isaac caught when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Confusion of self.
(b) Dancing feet.
(d) A will to live.
2. What does John Chapman also use his hat for in 'John Chapman'?
(b) A weapon.
3. What shines in 'Lightning'?
(a) The lake.
(b) The rain.
(c) The house lights.
(d) The oaks.
4. Where could the narrator in 'The Kitten' have taken the kitten?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A land fill.
(c) A vet.
(d) A museum.
5. What makes John Chapman a legend in 'John Chapman'?
(a) His trees.
(b) His speeches.
(c) His relations with the Indians.
(d) His clothing.
6. What did someone tell the narrator in the second part of 'A Poem for the Blue Heron'?
(a) She is limited.
(b) Some things are impossible.
(c) All things are for a reason.
(d) God has abandoned man.
7. What was in the attic in 'Web'?
(a) A bat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bird.
(d) A Black Widow.
8. What kind of home does the blue heron leave to find in 'A Poem For the Blue Heron'?
(a) A cave.
(b) A tree.
(c) A nest.
(d) A shallow ditch.
9. What springs up behind John Chapman as he wanders in 'John Chapman'?
(a) Fond memories.
(b) Apple trees.
(d) Weeds and thistles.
10. Where is the narrator in 'Flying'?
(a) An airport.
(b) A hot-air balloon.
(c) A plane.
(d) A large meeting.
11. How many crows hunt together in 'Crows and Owls'?
12. Who does the narrator feel most sorry for in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) The parents.
(b) The abductors.
(c) The children.
(d) The siblings.
13. What made people think Lydia was taken by Indians in 'The Lost Children'?
(a) Horseprints were found by her bonnet.
(b) She dropped trinkets on a road to a reservation.
(c) Her mother had a dream.
(d) There was a message left.
14. What does the narrator recognize for the first time in 'Web'?
15. What is thriving at the Boston Hospital?
(b) The children.
(c) The nurses.
(d) The trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the crows so angry with the owl in 'Crows and Owls'?
2. What does the narrator want to do to the stranger in 'Flying'?
3. What was Isaac doing when he went missing in 'The Lost Children'?
4. How does the narrator get into the whorehouse?
5. What causes the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes' to explode at times?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)