|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May, White Night, The Fish, Honey at the Table and Crossing the Swamp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the beast in 'Tasting the Wild Grapes'?
2. What did John Chapman call women in 'John Chapman'?
(d) Masked beings.
3. What begins the day in 'Morning at Great Pond'?
(a) Forks of light.
(b) The squeak of a door.
(c) Screeches of birds.
(d) Memories of dreams.
4. What does the narrator of 'Cold Poem' say men become when it grows colder?
(a) Bold and fearful.
(b) Pure and innocent.
(c) Wise and old.
(d) Cruel and honest.
5. What do the flowers in 'May' possess a certainty of?
(a) Their reason for life.
(b) Their coming death.
(c) Their potential for giving.
(d) The place of our existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the packed leaves pushed in 'Spring'?
2. What does the narrator of 'White Night' compare the coming morning to?
3. What do the frogs shout in 'Blossom'?
4. What does the rising sun in 'Morning at Great Pond' make the night do?
5. What does the narrator say man has a secret love for in 'Cold Poem'?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)