|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hinzelmann say he became a god?
(a) The blood of children makes him a god.
(b) He was sacrificed as a child.
(c) He was born a god.
(d) He communed with a female god.
2. What does Shadow do on the tree to steel himself at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) He thinks of Sam Black Crow.
(b) He talks to Mr. Nancy.
(c) He prays.
(d) He chants.
3. Whose body does Shadow find in the trunk of the raffle car in Chapter 20?
(a) Alison McGovern.
(d) Sam Black Crow.
4. What is Laura certain of as she sits next to the dead Shadow in Chapter 17?
(a) He is not really dead.
(b) He never loved her.
(c) He has forgiven her.
(d) He is in heaven.
5. What does Wednesday request for his afterlife at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) More life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state will the vigil for Wednesday take place?
2. Which god does Horus fetch from Rock City to help Shadow in Chapter 17?
3. What does drinking the water of time do for Laura Moon in Chapter 17?
4. What does Wednesday admonish Shadow not to dream about in Chapter 11?
5. Who does Chad Mulligan tell Shadow is missing in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shadow's journey in Chapter 16 end?
2. How does Shadow Moon interact with the camp of the new gods in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Easter not want to join Wednesday's campaign, and how does he convince he to?
4. What does Shadow experience on the tree on the first day of the vigil?
5. What divine message does Shadow recall in Chapter 19?
6. How does the war begin in Chapter 12?
7. What connection forms between Wututu and Agasu when they are taken to America?
8. Why have children been disappearing for years in Lakewood?
9. How does Czernobog take his prize from Shadow in Chapter 20?
10. What transformation does Laura Moon undergo in Chapter 17?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)