|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god does Wednesday reveal himself to be in the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What is Jacquel doing when Ibis and Shadow return to the funeral home?
(a) Arranging flowers.
(b) Performing an autopsy.
(d) Applying makeup to a corpse.
3. Why do bank customers give Shadow Moon their money in Chapter 5?
(a) He hypnotizes them.
(b) He tells them the deposit box is broken.
(c) He says he is the president of the bank.
(d) He points a gun at them.
4. Who rescues Shadow from the cell at the end of Chapter 6?
(b) Laura Moon.
(d) The fat kid.
5. In what city do Shadow and Wednesday meet the Zorya sisters in Chapter 4?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shadow realize is missing from the Zorya household when he wakes up?
2. Which constellation is Zorya Polunochnyaya looking at when Shadow joins her on the fire escape in Chapter 4?
3. According to Wednesday in Chapter 2, what is the wine of the gods?
4. How long does Wednesday say it will be before he meets Shadow in Lakeside?
5. Why does the Dick Van Dyke Show seem strange to Shadow in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What service does the jinn perform for Salim in Chapter 7?
2. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
3. Why is Shadow Moon released early from prison in Chapter 1?
4. How does Essie Tregowen make her way to America in Chapter 4?
5. How is Audrey Burton's behavior at Laura Moon's funeral surprising to Shadow?
6. What dream does Shadow have on his flight?
7. What is the Lakeside raffle?
8. Who do Shadow and Wednesday meet in Chicago?
9. How does Shadow enter the realm of the gods at the end of Chapter 5?
10. How does Shadow discover that he needs to go to Cairo in Chapter 7?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)