|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shadow doing when he is kidnapped in Chapter 6?
(b) Speaking to Mr. Nancy.
(c) Parking his car.
(d) Doing a coin trick.
2. What object from Mad Sweeney does Shadow discover in his pocket in Chapter 2?
(a) A monocle.
(b) A cufflink.
(c) A coin.
(d) A small book.
3. What do Mad Sweeney and Shadow trade in Chapter 2?
(a) Coin tricks.
4. How do the cab driver and Salim switch places at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) They sleep in each others apartments.
(b) They have sex.
(c) They kill one another.
(d) They form a blood pact.
5. What bank documents does Wednesday make copies of at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Deposit slips.
(c) Loan applications.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Shadow and Czernobog play to decide whether the latter will join Wednesday's campaign?
2. What does Mr. Wednesday twice offer Shadow Moon in Chapter 1?
3. Which member of the Zorya household gives Shadow a silver dollar in this chapter?
4. How many days before the end of his sentence is Shadow released because of his wife's death?
5. What warning does the voice in Shadow's dream make about the old gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Lakeside raffle?
2. How does Mr. Nancy look in the realm of the gods?
3. How does Wednesday explain to Shadow what happened at the restaurant after the summit at Odin's Hall?
4. How does Shadow deal with the approach of police on the scam in Chapter 5?
5. What offer do Ibis and Jacquel make to Shadow in Chapter 8?
6. What is Shadow Moon's role in Wednesday's scam?
7. Why is Shadow Moon released early from prison in Chapter 1?
8. How does Essie Tregowen make her way to America in Chapter 4?
9. How does Shadow become acquainted with Lakeside?
10. How are Mr. Road and Mr. Town introduced in Chapter 9?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)