|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura doing in the car with Robbie Burton when they were killed?
(a) They were having sex.
(b) They were in an argument.
(c) They were kissing.
(d) Laura was perforing oral sex on Robbie.
2. What does Shadow Moon offer in return to Czernobog for the latter's wage on their game?
(a) A decade's servitude.
(b) The animated corpse wife.
(c) His head to be bashed with a hammer.
(d) His ring finger with wedding band still on it.
3. To what Norse god do the Vikings of Chapter 3 build a hall in America?
4. Why is Media not able to finish her temptation of Shadow in Chapter 7?
(a) The power goes out in the motel.
(b) The timer shuts the television off.
(c) Shadow leaves his room.
(d) He unplugs the television and radio.
5. At what type of business does Shadow have a job waiting when he gets out of prison?
(a) A diner.
(b) A car dealership.
(c) A refinery.
(d) A gym.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is Cairo located?
2. What warning does the voice in Shadow's dream make about the old gods?
3. Where is Shadow when he wakes up after his night of drinking with Wednesday?
4. How is the sky illuminated as Czernobog, Wednesday, Mr. Nancy,and Shadow approach the Hall at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. Who does Mad Sweeney warn Shadow not to trust in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection forms between Wututu and Agasu when they are taken to America?
2. How does Wednesday explain to Shadow what happened at the restaurant after the summit at Odin's Hall?
3. How does Laura Moon kill Mr. World in Chapter 18?
4. Describe Shadow's temptation by Media.
5. How do Shadow and Mad Sweeney interact during their night of drinking?
6. What does Zorya Polunochnyaya give Shadow Moon in Chapter 4?
7. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
8. What major plot development does Shadow witness from his jail television in Chapter 13?
9. Why is Shadow put off by Mr. Wednesday?
10. What is Odin's response to the news that Wednesday is dead?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)