|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Salim a door-to-door salesman?
(b) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
2. What does Audrey Burton do at Laura Moon's funeral that surprises Shadow?
(a) She arrives with a new boyfriend.
(b) She faints.
(c) She steals a flower arrangement.
(d) She spits on Laura's body.
3. Which of the following is not something that Mr. Nancy resembles in his true form as a god?
(a) An old man.
(b) A spider.
(c) A lion.
(d) A young boy.
4. What does Shadow Moon overhear his kidnappers saying about the old gods as he's being taken away?
(a) They don't know where the old gods are.
(b) Czernobog will handle the old gods for them.
(c) They are going to round up the old gods.
(d) The old gods are not to be touched.
5. From what vantage point does Wednesday watch the progression of his scam in Chapter 5?
(a) His car.
(b) A phone booth.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A supermarket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is discovered dead near the end of Chapter 8?
2. As what does Shadow Moon disguise himself in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Mad Sweeney warn Shadow not to trust in Chapter 8?
4. What has disappeared from Shadow's person when he wakes from his dream in Chapter 8?
5. Who appears in Shadow's dream in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shadow deal with the approach of police on the scam in Chapter 5?
2. Describe Shadow's dream in Chapter 8.
3. How does Shadow enter the realm of the gods at the end of Chapter 5?
4. How does Shadow escape captivity at the end of Chapter 6?
5. How is does Laura Moon find her way to Shadow's hotel in Chapter 3?
6. How were the dead judged in ancient Egypt?
7. How does Wednesday explain to Shadow what happened at the restaurant after the summit at Odin's Hall?
8. How does Essie Tregowen make her way to America in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Shadow leave Lakeside in Chapter 10?
10. What new threat does Wednesday discuss with the old gods in Chapter 6?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)