|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shadow wake up after being knocked unconscious at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A limo.
(b) The woods.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) A jail cell.
2. What does Audrey Burton do at Laura Moon's funeral that surprises Shadow?
(a) She spits on Laura's body.
(b) She arrives with a new boyfriend.
(c) She steals a flower arrangement.
(d) She faints.
3. In what state is Cairo located?
4. What was Laura doing in the car with Robbie Burton when they were killed?
(a) They were in an argument.
(b) Laura was perforing oral sex on Robbie.
(c) They were having sex.
(d) They were kissing.
5. In what century does the Viking storyline from Chapter 3 take place?
(a) The 1100s AD.
(b) The 400s AD.
(c) The 800s AD.
(d) The 200s BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mad Sweeney and Shadow trade in Chapter 2?
2. How many days before the end of his sentence is Shadow released because of his wife's death?
3. What does Bilquis tell the unnamed man in Chapter 1 to do while they have sex?
4. What advice does Johnnie Larch give Shadow before the latter leaves prison?
5. What does Shadow consider doing before going to bed his first night in Cairo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zorya Polunochnyaya give Shadow Moon in Chapter 4?
2. How is Odin martyred?
3. How do Shadow and Mad Sweeney interact during their night of drinking?
4. Who do Shadow and Wednesday meet in Chicago?
5. Describe Shadow's dream in Chapter 8.
6. How are Mr. Road and Mr. Town introduced in Chapter 9?
7. How does Mad Sweeney figure into the plot in Chapter 8?
8. How does Shadow become acquainted with Lakeside?
9. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
10. How is does Laura Moon find her way to Shadow's hotel in Chapter 3?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)