|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters does Czernobog have?
2. Which of the following is not something that Mr. Nancy resembles in his true form as a god?
(a) A lion.
(b) A spider.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An old man.
3. Which of the following gods does Shadow drive to the diner in Chapter 6?
(b) Mr. Nancy.
(c) Mad. Sweeney.
4. At the end of Chapter 3, the Vikings sacrifice a scraeling in preparation for what season?
5. What does Shadow Moon offer in return to Czernobog for the latter's wage on their game?
(a) His head to be bashed with a hammer.
(b) A decade's servitude.
(c) His ring finger with wedding band still on it.
(d) The animated corpse wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Salim a door-to-door salesman?
2. In the bank scam, which character from the novel pretends to be head of security for the bank?
3. According to Wednesday in Chapter 2, what is the wine of the gods?
4. What does Shadow Moon do to keep himself calm in his cell?
5. How many gods are waiting in the hall when Wednesday arrives in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zorya Polunochnyaya give Shadow Moon in Chapter 4?
2. What is Wednesday's plan to get money from the bank?
3. What is the purpose of the checkers game in Chapter 4?
4. What happens to the Vikings in America at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Describe Shadow's temptation by Media.
6. Describe Shadow's dream in Chapter 8.
7. What is the full story surrounding Laura Moon's death?
8. How does Mad Sweeney figure into the plot in Chapter 8?
9. How does Wednesday explain to Shadow what happened at the restaurant after the summit at Odin's Hall?
10. How does Essie Tregowen make her way to America in Chapter 4?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)