|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state do Shadow and Wednesday enter at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What does Shadow Moon tell Wednesday immediately after Laura Moon leaves his room?
(a) He is terrified of these strange events.
(b) He wants her killed again.
(c) He is ready to leave immediately.
(d) He wants out of his service to Wednesday.
3. Where does the resurrected Laura Moon first appear to Shadow in Chapter 3?
(a) His dream.
(b) The parking lot outside the motel.
(c) A rest stop.
(d) His motel room.
4. What does Shadow realize is missing from the Zorya household when he wakes up?
(c) His new coin.
(d) A fire escape.
5. What is soma comprised of?
(a) Hope and fear.
(b) Prayers and belief.
(c) Damnation and iniquity.
(d) Love and desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the cab driver and Salim switch places at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What is Chad Mulligan's profession?
3. Who appears in Shadow's dream in Chapter 8?
4. What is Jacquel doing when Ibis and Shadow return to the funeral home?
5. How is Laura moon killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shadow decide about his life at the end of the novel?
2. How is does Laura Moon find her way to Shadow's hotel in Chapter 3?
3. What betrayal occurs in the ranks of the new gods at the end of Chapter 17?
4. Describe Shadow's dream in Chapter 8.
5. How do Sam Black Crow and Shadow connect in Chapter 13?
6. What service does the jinn perform for Salim in Chapter 7?
7. How does Mr. Nancy look in the realm of the gods?
8. What is Wednesday's plan to get money from the bank?
9. What is Shadow Moon's role in Wednesday's scam?
10. How does Wednesday explain to Shadow what happened at the restaurant after the summit at Odin's Hall?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)