|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do Shadow and Czernobog play to decide whether the latter will join Wednesday's campaign?
(a) Gin rummy.
2. Who does Mad Sweeney warn Shadow not to trust in Chapter 8?
3. What object does Shadow toss into Laura's grave at the end of the chapter?
(a) A handful of dust.
(b) A coin.
(c) A flower.
(d) His wedding band.
4. Why does Salim jostle the cab driver in Chapter 7?
(a) The driver makes a wrong turn.
(b) The driver makes a racist comment.
(c) Salim does not understand the driver's speech.
(d) The driver falls asleep.
5. What type of bird does Wednesday send to Shadow as a messenger in Chapter 7?
(a) A crow.
(b) A raven.
(c) A dove.
(d) A pigeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of mythical figure is Mad Sweeney?
2. In Wednesday's speech before the gods in Chapter 6, which of the following is an example of a new god that he mentions?
3. Which constellation is Zorya Polunochnyaya looking at when Shadow joins her on the fire escape in Chapter 4?
4. What false name does Wednesday give Shadow in Chapter 9?
5. In what city do Shadow and Wednesday meet the Zorya sisters in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
2. Describe Shadow's dream in Chapter 8.
3. What does Shadow experience on the tree on the second day of the vigil?
4. How does Mr. Nancy look in the realm of the gods?
5. How does Czernobog take his prize from Shadow in Chapter 20?
6. What does Shadow experience on the tree on the first day of the vigil?
7. How does Laura Moon kill Mr. World in Chapter 18?
8. What betrayal occurs in the ranks of the new gods at the end of Chapter 17?
9. How does the war begin in Chapter 12?
10. How does Shadow escape captivity at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)