|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jacquel doing when Ibis and Shadow return to the funeral home?
(a) Performing an autopsy.
(b) Applying makeup to a corpse.
(c) Arranging flowers.
2. How is Laura moon killed?
(a) She is shot in a liquor store robbery.
(b) She falls into a boarded-up well.
(c) She is mauled by a large dog.
(d) She dies in a car accident.
3. In what city do Shadow and Wednesday meet the Zorya sisters in Chapter 4?
(a) New York.
4. What state do Shadow and Wednesday enter at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What is soma comprised of?
(a) Damnation and iniquity.
(b) Love and desire.
(c) Hope and fear.
(d) Prayers and belief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chad Mulligan's profession?
2. How does Laura explain her ability to walk and speak in Chapter 3?
3. At what type of business does Shadow have a job waiting when he gets out of prison?
4. What does Wednesday tell Shadow is their first order of business after leaving the Zorya household?
5. How does Shadow attempt to get out of the job with Wednesday in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What service does the jinn perform for Salim in Chapter 7?
2. Who are Mr. Ibis and Mr. Jacquel?
3. How does Shadow escape captivity at the end of Chapter 6?
4. How is Audrey Burton's behavior at Laura Moon's funeral surprising to Shadow?
5. What does Zorya Polunochnyaya give Shadow Moon in Chapter 4?
6. How does Shadow deal with the approach of police on the scam in Chapter 5?
7. How do Shadow and Mad Sweeney interact during their night of drinking?
8. How does Shadow enter the realm of the gods at the end of Chapter 5?
9. What offer do Ibis and Jacquel make to Shadow in Chapter 8?
10. What is the Lakeside raffle?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)