|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, where does Shadow Moon meet Wednesday?
(a) Wednesday's car.
(b) A clearing in the woods.
(c) The motel.
(d) A diner.
2. What does Czernobog do for a living?
(a) He is a freeliance writer.
(b) He kills cattle.
(c) He lays pipe.
(d) He demolishes houses.
3. How does Odin self-sacrifice in Norse lore?
(a) He runs himself through.
(b) He drowns himself in the ocean.
(c) He drinks hemlock.
(d) He hangs from a tree.
4. What classical writer does Shadow read to pass the time in prison?
(b) Marcus Aurelius.
5. Who wakes Shadow from his sleep at the very end of Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does Wednesday reveal himself to be in the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What do Mad Sweeney and Shadow trade in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Shadow first meet Alison in Chapter 9?
4. What brand of car does Shadow Moon purchase in Chapter 10?
5. How is the sky illuminated as Czernobog, Wednesday, Mr. Nancy,and Shadow approach the Hall at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Shadow's temptation by Media.
2. How is does Laura Moon find her way to Shadow's hotel in Chapter 3?
3. How is Audrey Burton's behavior at Laura Moon's funeral surprising to Shadow?
4. What is Wednesday's plan to get money from the bank?
5. Why is Shadow put off by Mr. Wednesday?
6. Describe Shadow's dream in Chapter 8.
7. How does Wednesday explain to Shadow what happened at the restaurant after the summit at Odin's Hall?
8. What offer do Ibis and Jacquel make to Shadow in Chapter 8?
9. What deal does Shadow strike in his Chapter 9 dream?
10. How were the dead judged in ancient Egypt?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)