|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Shadow toss into Laura's grave at the end of the chapter?
(a) A coin.
(b) A flower.
(c) A handful of dust.
(d) His wedding band.
2. What noise causes Shadow to hide at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) A police siren.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A wolf's howl.
(d) A gunshot.
3. What does Audrey Burton do at Laura Moon's funeral that surprises Shadow?
(a) She steals a flower arrangement.
(b) She faints.
(c) She arrives with a new boyfriend.
(d) She spits on Laura's body.
4. Over what does Mr. Ibis hold dominion?
(b) The land.
(c) The skies.
5. What is Jacquel doing when Ibis and Shadow return to the funeral home?
(a) Performing an autopsy.
(b) Applying makeup to a corpse.
(d) Arranging flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Shadow Moon's Chapter 3 dream, what is the celestial room filled with?
2. Where does Shadow first meet Alison in Chapter 9?
3. Why do bank customers give Shadow Moon their money in Chapter 5?
4. What does Wednesday tell Shadow is their first order of business after leaving the Zorya household?
5. From what vantage point does Wednesday watch the progression of his scam in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Shadow strike in his Chapter 9 dream?
2. How does Mr. Nancy look in the realm of the gods?
3. How is Audrey Burton's behavior at Laura Moon's funeral surprising to Shadow?
4. How does Shadow enter the realm of the gods at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How does Shadow discover that he needs to go to Cairo in Chapter 7?
6. Why is Shadow put off by Mr. Wednesday?
7. How were the dead judged in ancient Egypt?
8. What happens to the Vikings in America at the end of Chapter 3?
9. How does Mad Sweeney figure into the plot in Chapter 8?
10. How is does Laura Moon find her way to Shadow's hotel in Chapter 3?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)