|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chad Mulligan's profession?
(a) He is police chief of Lakeside.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He runs a food co-op.
(d) He is a pharmacist.
2. What is Shadow doing when he is kidnapped in Chapter 6?
(a) Speaking to Mr. Nancy.
(c) Parking his car.
(d) Doing a coin trick.
3. In what city is Shadow's plane forced to land because of weather in Chapter 1?
(d) St. Louis.
4. In what century does the Viking storyline from Chapter 3 take place?
(a) The 200s BC.
(b) The 400s AD.
(c) The 800s AD.
(d) The 1100s AD.
5. How does Shadow get to Cairo?
(a) He buys a used car.
(b) He walks.
(c) He takes a bus.
(d) He rents a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what type of business does Shadow have a job waiting when he gets out of prison?
2. What does Chad Mulligan assist Shadow in finding in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 8, Ibis tell Shadow that the dead in ancient Egypt would be fed to Ammet the soul-eater if their sins outweighed what?
4. What advice does Johnnie Larch give Shadow before the latter leaves prison?
5. Why does Shadow assume his friend Robbie Burton died in a car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shadow leave Lakeside in Chapter 10?
2. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
3. How do Shadow and Mad Sweeney interact during their night of drinking?
4. What does Zorya Polunochnyaya give Shadow Moon in Chapter 4?
5. How are Mr. Road and Mr. Town introduced in Chapter 9?
6. What service does the jinn perform for Salim in Chapter 7?
7. How does Essie Tregowen make her way to America in Chapter 4?
8. How does Mad Sweeney figure into the plot in Chapter 8?
9. What deal does Shadow strike in his Chapter 9 dream?
10. Describe Shadow's temptation by Media.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)