|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shadow Moon offer in return to Czernobog for the latter's wage on their game?
(a) A decade's servitude.
(b) His ring finger with wedding band still on it.
(c) His head to be bashed with a hammer.
(d) The animated corpse wife.
2. What does Mr. Wednesday twice offer Shadow Moon in Chapter 1?
(a) A ride to Eagle Point.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A word of advice.
(d) A job.
3. How does Wednesday explain to Shadow that they will meet with the other gods?
(a) He does not explain.
(b) He says there is a door in the funhouse.
(c) He says they are to enter another realm.
(d) He says Mr. Nancy will lead them there.
4. How many days before the end of his sentence is Shadow released because of his wife's death?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 10 days.
5. What bank documents does Wednesday make copies of at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(c) Deposit slips.
(d) Loan applications.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city do Shadow and Wednesday meet the Zorya sisters in Chapter 4?
2. Who wakes Shadow from his sleep at the very end of Chapter 8?
3. Why does the Dick Van Dyke Show seem strange to Shadow in Chapter 7?
4. What particular lesson of prison life does Shadow learn early?
5. What object from Mad Sweeney does Shadow discover in his pocket in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Mr. Road and Mr. Town introduced in Chapter 9?
2. Describe Shadow's temptation by Media.
3. What is Shadow Moon's role in Wednesday's scam?
4. How does Shadow discover that he needs to go to Cairo in Chapter 7?
5. What is the purpose of the checkers game in Chapter 4?
6. Who are Mr. Ibis and Mr. Jacquel?
7. How does Mad Sweeney figure into the plot in Chapter 8?
8. What is Wednesday's plan to get money from the bank?
9. What happens to the Vikings in America at the end of Chapter 3?
10. What is the Lakeside raffle?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)