|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the bank scam, which character from the novel pretends to be head of security for the bank?
(a) Laura Moon.
2. At what type of business does Shadow have a job waiting when he gets out of prison?
(a) A refinery.
(b) A diner.
(c) A car dealership.
(d) A gym.
3. What happens to the child in Shadow's dream at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) He runs through an open glen.
(b) He is sacrificed.
(c) He becomes a giant spider.
(d) He flies away.
4. Why does Mad Sweeney want his coin back in Chapter 8?
(a) He is broke.
(b) Shadow is not worthy of it.
(c) It was the wrong coin to give Shadow.
(d) His soul is trapped in the coin.
5. Why is Media not able to finish her temptation of Shadow in Chapter 7?
(a) The timer shuts the television off.
(b) The power goes out in the motel.
(c) Shadow leaves his room.
(d) He unplugs the television and radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the silver dollar supposed to provide for Shadow Moon?
2. What noise causes Shadow to hide at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Why does the Dick Van Dyke Show seem strange to Shadow in Chapter 7?
4. Why is Essie Tregowen sent to America instead of being hanged in Chapter 4?
5. How long does Wednesday say it will be before he meets Shadow in Lakeside?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shadow escape captivity at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Why is Shadow Moon released early from prison in Chapter 1?
3. How is Audrey Burton's behavior at Laura Moon's funeral surprising to Shadow?
4. Describe Shadow's dream in Chapter 8.
5. How does Shadow become acquainted with Lakeside?
6. How does Shadow discover that he needs to go to Cairo in Chapter 7?
7. How were the dead judged in ancient Egypt?
8. Who do Shadow and Wednesday meet in Chicago?
9. Why does Shadow leave Lakeside in Chapter 10?
10. Describe Shadow Moon's dream in Chapter 3.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)