|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the child in Shadow's dream at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) He runs through an open glen.
(b) He flies away.
(c) He is sacrificed.
(d) He becomes a giant spider.
2. What does Wednesday tell Shadow is their first order of business after leaving the Zorya household?
(a) Getting breakfast.
(b) Tracking down the fat kid who kidnapped Shadow.
(c) Killing Laura Moon.
(d) Robbing a bank.
3. Why does Shadow assume his friend Robbie Burton died in a car accident?
(a) He was distracted with the radio.
(b) He fell asleep at the wheel.
(c) He skidded on icy roads.
(d) He was drunk.
4. Where does Shadow first meet Alison in Chapter 9?
(a) A video store.
(b) A rest stop.
(c) The bus into Lakeside.
(d) His dream.
5. What form of mythical figure is Mad Sweeney?
(a) A skriker,
(b) A banshee.
(c) A leprechaun.
(d) A dybbuk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the cab driver and Salim switch places at the end of Chapter 7?
2. Who appears in Shadow's dream in Chapter 8?
3. What other supernatural figure is at the House of the Rock besides Wednesday and Mr. Nancy?
4. Why is Essie Tregowen sent to America instead of being hanged in Chapter 4?
5. What does Richie Hinzelmann do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offer do Ibis and Jacquel make to Shadow in Chapter 8?
2. Who do Shadow and Wednesday meet in Chicago?
3. Describe Mr. Wednesday.
4. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
5. What deal does Shadow strike in his Chapter 9 dream?
6. How does Shadow discover that he needs to go to Cairo in Chapter 7?
7. How does Mad Sweeney figure into the plot in Chapter 8?
8. How does Essie Tregowen make her way to America in Chapter 4?
9. What is the purpose of the checkers game in Chapter 4?
10. What is the full story surrounding Laura Moon's death?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)