|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shadow doing when he is kidnapped in Chapter 6?
(b) Doing a coin trick.
(c) Speaking to Mr. Nancy.
(d) Parking his car.
2. How long does Wednesday have to get his affairs in order?
(a) Three days.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
3. What does Wednesday tell Shadow is their first order of business after leaving the Zorya household?
(a) Killing Laura Moon.
(b) Tracking down the fat kid who kidnapped Shadow.
(c) Getting breakfast.
(d) Robbing a bank.
4. Why does the Dick Van Dyke Show seem strange to Shadow in Chapter 7?
(a) It is in color.
(b) Rob beats his wife in it.
(c) It is in Arabic.
(d) No one has any clothes on in it.
5. What does Shadow suddenly see around him as he is riding the ride at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which constellation is Zorya Polunochnyaya looking at when Shadow joins her on the fire escape in Chapter 4?
2. What is Wednesday doing as he falls asleep the night Laura returns to him?
3. What does Bilquis tell the unnamed man in Chapter 1 to do while they have sex?
4. How long has Shadow Moon been in prison at the beginning of the novel?
5. What is strange about the man that appears to Shadow in his dream in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What service does the jinn perform for Salim in Chapter 7?
2. Describe Shadow Moon's dream in Chapter 3.
3. What is the Lakeside raffle?
4. What offer do Ibis and Jacquel make to Shadow in Chapter 8?
5. How do Shadow and Mad Sweeney interact during their night of drinking?
6. What unexpected incident occurs to Shadow Moon after the funeral in Chapter 2?
7. What is Shadow Moon's role in Wednesday's scam?
8. How does Shadow escape captivity at the end of Chapter 6?
9. Who do Shadow and Wednesday meet in Chicago?
10. How are Mr. Road and Mr. Town introduced in Chapter 9?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)