|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shadow get to Cairo?
(a) He takes a bus.
(b) He rents a car.
(c) He buys a used car.
(d) He walks.
2. What does Mama-ji suggest the old gods do in the face of the new ones?
(a) They should join forces with the new gods.
(b) They should do nothing.
(c) They should do battle with the new gods.
(d) They should return to their homelands.
3. What brand of car does Shadow Moon purchase in Chapter 10?
4. Where is Shadow when he wakes up after his night of drinking with Wednesday?
(a) In a motel room.
(b) In a bar.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) In a car.
5. Where does Shadow Moon meet Mr. Nancy in Chapter 5?
(a) The bank.
(b) The House of the Rock.
(c) Czernobog's brownstone.
(d) The motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other supernatural figure is at the House of the Rock besides Wednesday and Mr. Nancy?
2. What false name does Wednesday give Shadow in Chapter 9?
3. What type of bird does Wednesday send to Shadow as a messenger in Chapter 7?
4. How do the cab driver and Salim switch places at the end of Chapter 7?
5. In what city is Shadow's plane forced to land because of weather in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Lakeside raffle?
2. What offer do Ibis and Jacquel make to Shadow in Chapter 8?
3. What service does the jinn perform for Salim in Chapter 7?
4. How is Odin martyred?
5. How were the dead judged in ancient Egypt?
6. How does Essie Tregowen make her way to America in Chapter 4?
7. What does Zorya Polunochnyaya give Shadow Moon in Chapter 4?
8. What new threat does Wednesday discuss with the old gods in Chapter 6?
9. Describe Shadow's dream in Chapter 8.
10. What dream does Shadow have on his flight?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)