|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears in Shadow's dream in Chapter 8?
(a) The buffalo man.
(c) Laura Moon.
(d) A woman in leopard print.
2. In Wednesday's speech before the gods in Chapter 6, which of the following is an example of a new god that he mentions?
3. Where does the resurrected Laura Moon first appear to Shadow in Chapter 3?
(a) His dream.
(b) The parking lot outside the motel.
(c) A rest stop.
(d) His motel room.
4. What advice does Johnnie Larch give Shadow before the latter leaves prison?
(a) Find a nice girl.
(b) Stay low-key.
(c) Don't make airport workers angry.
(d) Go some place where no one knows you.
5. What is Chad Mulligan's profession?
(a) He is police chief of Lakeside.
(b) He is a pharmacist.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He runs a food co-op.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shadow wake up after being knocked unconscious at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Which of the following is not something that Mr. Nancy resembles in his true form as a god?
3. Where does Mr Wednesday run into Shadow the second time in Chapter 1?
4. What do Mr. Ibis and Mr. Jacquel do for a living?
5. How does the waitress in Chapter 9 react to Wednesday's hitting on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zorya Polunochnyaya give Shadow Moon in Chapter 4?
2. What is the Lakeside raffle?
3. How were the dead judged in ancient Egypt?
4. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
5. What is Wednesday's plan to get money from the bank?
6. How is Odin martyred?
7. What is the full story surrounding Laura Moon's death?
8. How do Shadow and Mad Sweeney interact during their night of drinking?
9. Why is Shadow put off by Mr. Wednesday?
10. How does Shadow deal with the approach of police on the scam in Chapter 5?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)