|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Czernobog do for a living?
(a) He lays pipe.
(b) He is a freeliance writer.
(c) He kills cattle.
(d) He demolishes houses.
2. What does Richie Hinzelmann do for a living?
(a) He is mayor of Lakeside.
(b) He is a schoolteacher.
(c) He is a police officer.
(d) He runs a video store.
3. Which of the following is not something that Mr. Nancy resembles in his true form as a god?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A spider.
(d) A lion.
4. To what Norse god do the Vikings of Chapter 3 build a hall in America?
5. Why does the Dick Van Dyke Show seem strange to Shadow in Chapter 7?
(a) It is in color.
(b) No one has any clothes on in it.
(c) It is in Arabic.
(d) Rob beats his wife in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what does Shadow Moon disguise himself in Chapter 5?
2. Which member of the Zorya household gives Shadow a silver dollar in this chapter?
3. Who does Shadow dream about when he goes to sleep at the very end of Chapter 9?
4. What do Mr. Ibis and Mr. Jacquel do for a living?
5. How long does Wednesday have to get his affairs in order?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the checkers game in Chapter 4?
2. What is the Lakeside raffle?
3. How is Audrey Burton's behavior at Laura Moon's funeral surprising to Shadow?
4. How does Shadow discover that he needs to go to Cairo in Chapter 7?
5. How does Shadow deal with the approach of police on the scam in Chapter 5?
6. How does Mr. Nancy look in the realm of the gods?
7. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
8. What service does the jinn perform for Salim in Chapter 7?
9. What does Zorya Polunochnyaya give Shadow Moon in Chapter 4?
10. What is Wednesday's plan to get money from the bank?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)