|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Johnnie Larch give Shadow before the latter leaves prison?
(a) Go some place where no one knows you.
(b) Stay low-key.
(c) Find a nice girl.
(d) Don't make airport workers angry.
2. What is the silver dollar supposed to provide for Shadow Moon?
3. Where is Shadow when he wakes up after his night of drinking with Wednesday?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a motel room.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) In a car.
4. How long does Wednesday say it will be before he meets Shadow in Lakeside?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 days.
5. What is strange about the man that appears to Shadow in his dream in Chapter 1?
(a) He has horns.
(b) He has one eye.
(c) He in flames.
(d) He has the head of a buffalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what does Mr. Ibis hold dominion?
2. According to Wednesday in Chapter 2, what is the wine of the gods?
3. Why does the Dick Van Dyke Show seem strange to Shadow in Chapter 7?
4. What does Wednesday tell Shadow is their first order of business after leaving the Zorya household?
5. What does Richie Hinzelmann do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Odin martyred?
2. What does Zorya Polunochnyaya give Shadow Moon in Chapter 4?
3. How were the dead judged in ancient Egypt?
4. How does Shadow discover that he needs to go to Cairo in Chapter 7?
5. How does Shadow escape captivity at the end of Chapter 6?
6. Who do Shadow and Wednesday meet in Chicago?
7. What new threat does Wednesday discuss with the old gods in Chapter 6?
8. How do Shadow and Mad Sweeney interact during their night of drinking?
9. How are Mr. Road and Mr. Town introduced in Chapter 9?
10. How does Essie Tregowen make her way to America in Chapter 4?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)