|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the waitress in Chapter 9 react to Wednesday's hitting on her?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She hits on Shadow.
(d) She meets him later.
2. In what city do Shadow and Wednesday meet the Zorya sisters in Chapter 4?
(b) New York.
3. What does Wednesday tell Shadow is their first order of business after leaving the Zorya household?
(a) Killing Laura Moon.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Tracking down the fat kid who kidnapped Shadow.
(d) Getting breakfast.
4. How does Shadow attempt to get out of the job with Wednesday in Chapter 2?
(a) He tries to sneak out an open window.
(b) He is rude to Wednesday.
(c) He flips a rigged coin.
(d) He claims to be a different person.
5. What weather change does Shadow create in this chapter with his thoughts?
(a) He makes it warmer.
(b) He makes it rain.
(c) He makes it snow.
(d) He makes it cloudy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do bank customers give Shadow Moon their money in Chapter 5?
2. What does Wednesday discuss with Shadow as they eat at a diner in Chapter 9?
3. What state do Shadow and Wednesday enter at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. According to Wednesday in Chapter 2, what is the wine of the gods?
5. In Wednesday's speech before the gods in Chapter 6, which of the following is an example of a new god that he mentions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Essie Tregowen make her way to America in Chapter 4?
2. Why is Shadow put off by Mr. Wednesday?
3. What happens to the Vikings in America at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Why does Shadow leave Lakeside in Chapter 10?
5. Who are Mr. Ibis and Mr. Jacquel?
6. How does Shadow become acquainted with Lakeside?
7. How is does Laura Moon find her way to Shadow's hotel in Chapter 3?
8. What dream does Shadow have on his flight?
9. Who do Shadow and Wednesday meet in Chicago?
10. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)