|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wednesday tell Shadow is their first order of business after leaving the Zorya household?
(a) Tracking down the fat kid who kidnapped Shadow.
(b) Getting breakfast.
(c) Robbing a bank.
(d) Killing Laura Moon.
2. What manner of spirit is the cab driver in Chapter 7?
(a) A demon.
(b) A dybbuk.
(c) A jinn.
(d) A leprechaun.
3. What happens to the child in Shadow's dream at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) He runs through an open glen.
(b) He flies away.
(c) He becomes a giant spider.
(d) He is sacrificed.
4. Who does Shadow dream about when he goes to sleep at the very end of Chapter 9?
(a) Laura Moon.
(d) His parents.
5. What does Shadow realize is missing from the Zorya household when he wakes up?
(c) His new coin.
(d) A fire escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gods are waiting in the hall when Wednesday arrives in Chapter 6?
2. How does Shadow get the secret of Mad Sweeney's coin trick?
3. What does Chad Mulligan assist Shadow in finding in Chapter 10?
4. At what type of business does Shadow have a job waiting when he gets out of prison?
5. Which constellation is Zorya Polunochnyaya looking at when Shadow joins her on the fire escape in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Shadow's temptation by Media.
2. How does Shadow become acquainted with Lakeside?
3. How does the war begin in Chapter 12?
4. What major plot development does Shadow witness from his jail television in Chapter 13?
5. What is the Lakeside raffle?
6. How does Laura Moon kill Mr. World in Chapter 18?
7. What happens to the Vikings in America at the end of Chapter 3?
8. How is does Laura Moon find her way to Shadow's hotel in Chapter 3?
9. How is Odin martyred?
10. What is Mama-ji's argument against fighting the new gods?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)