|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does Wednesday admit to orchestrating in Chapter 18?
(b) Mr. Town's.
2. From what period is the Lakeside book of minutes that Shadow purchases in Chapter 11?
(a) Late 1800's.
(b) Mid 1800's.
(c) Early 1800's.
3. What woman visits Shadow on the tree on the second day of the vigil?
(a) Sam Black Crow.
(b) Zorya Polunochnyaya.
(c) Laura Moon.
4. Why does Atsula die before reaching America with her tribe?
(a) She doubted the gods.
(b) She fights off a wild bear to protect her tribe.
(c) She kills herself in grief for her lost home.
(d) Her tribe murders her.
5. What news about Wednesday do Czernobog and Mr. Nancy bring to Shadow in Chapter 13?
(a) He has disappeared.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He has joined the new gods.
(d) He has killed the Media God.
6. What is Laura certain of as she sits next to the dead Shadow in Chapter 17?
(a) He is not really dead.
(b) He is in heaven.
(c) He never loved her.
(d) He has forgiven her.
7. Why does Shadow remove part of Chad Mulligan's memory in Chapter 20?
(a) He does not want him to commit suicide.
(b) He wants Mulligan to remain innocent
(c) He fears Mulligan is growing to powerful in Lakeside.
(d) He fear Milligan will reveal the existence of gods.
8. What god do Wednesday and Shadow meet in San Francisco?
(a) Mr. Nancy.
9. Which god negotiates the return of Wednesday's body in Chapter 14?
(b) Mr. Nancy.
10. In Chapter 19, what do Mr. Nancy and Shadow do at the bar besides drink?
(a) Sing karaoke.
(b) Talk to girls.
(c) Play darts.
(d) Shoot pool.
11. What merciful occurrence happens at the end of the first day of Shadow's vigil?
(a) His binding falls away.
(b) Zorya Polunochnyaya brings him food.
(c) It rains.
(d) Wednesday returns to life early.
12. Why is Agasu's arm cut off?
(a) It is part of a religious ceremony.
(b) It is punishment for his part int he revolt.
(c) He has gangrene in it.
(d) He is bitten by a spider.
13. What is Mr. Town sent to collect in Virginia in Chapter 17?
(a) A branch.
(b) Laura Moon.
(c) Shadow's body.
(d) The water of time.
14. Where does Shadow drive Mr. Nancy at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) New York.
15. What does Sam Black Crow do when Shadow is accused of murder by Audrey Burton in Chapter 13?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She leaves the bar.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She tells Burton she is crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shadow, which god was not around when he left the cave?
2. To what resident of Lakeside is Sam Black Crow related?
3. What bad news about herself does Laura tell Shadow in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 15, which Egyptian god tells Shadow that the battle of the gods is about to begin?
5. What state does Whiskey Jack tell Shadow to visit if he wants to find Thunderbirds?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)