|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Shadow, which god was not around when he left the cave?
2. Who arrives in Shadow's nothingness to convince him to return to life at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) Whiskey Jack.
(b) Zorya Polunochnyaya.
(c) Laura Moon.
(d) Mr. Nancy.
3. What city is Shadow going to at the end of Chapter 19?
(b) St. Louis.
4. Which two paths does Zorya Polunochnyaya tell Shadow to choose between in Chapter 16?
(a) Righteousness and iniquity.
(b) Easy lies and hard truths.
(c) Day past and days to come.
(d) Sunlight and starlight.
5. In what southern state is Rock City located?
6. How does Sam Black Crow respond to Shadow's story about the war between the gods?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She believes him.
(c) She remains impassive.
(d) She thinks he is insane.
7. What animal offers Shadow water in Chapter 15?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A snake.
(c) A cat.
(d) A raven.
8. What does Sam Black Crow do when Shadow is accused of murder by Audrey Burton in Chapter 13?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She tells Burton she is crazy.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She leaves the bar.
9. What item(s) mysteriously appears in Sam Black Crow's hands in the end of Chapter 20?
(a) White roses.
(b) Wednesday's glass eye.
(c) A coin.
(d) A key to Shadow's car.
10. What does Wednesday request for his afterlife at the end of Chapter 16?
(d) More life.
11. What does Wednesday admonish Shadow not to dream about in Chapter 11?
(c) Human sacrifice.
(d) The Buffalo Man.
12. What news does Marguerite Olson bring to Shadow when he returns to Lakeside in Chapter 12?
(a) Alison has not been found.
(b) Hinzelmann is dead.
(c) Chad Mulligan has left town.
(d) Shadow won the raffle.
13. What bad news about herself does Laura tell Shadow in Chapter 15?
(a) She cheated on him with several other men.
(b) She never loved him.
(c) She has to return to her grave.
(d) She lost her job.
14. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Laura Moon.
(d) Mr. Nancy.
15. In Chapter 15, which Egyptian god tells Shadow that the battle of the gods is about to begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state will the vigil for Wednesday take place?
2. Who does Chad Mulligan tell Shadow is missing in Chapter 11?
3. Whose death does Wednesday admit to orchestrating in Chapter 18?
4. Who is revealed to be Shadow's father in Chapter 16?
5. From what period is the Lakeside book of minutes that Shadow purchases in Chapter 11?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)