|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Marguerite Olson bring to Shadow when he returns to Lakeside in Chapter 12?
(a) Chad Mulligan has left town.
(b) Hinzelmann is dead.
(c) Shadow won the raffle.
(d) Alison has not been found.
2. Which seemingly mortal individual turns out to be a god in Chapter 14?
(a) Laura Moon.
(b) Sam Black Crow.
(d) Chad Mulligan.
3. In Chapter 15, which Egyptian god tells Shadow that the battle of the gods is about to begin?
4. With what god does Shadow leave Rock City?
(d) Mr. Nancy.
5. Which two paths does Zorya Polunochnyaya tell Shadow to choose between in Chapter 16?
(a) Easy lies and hard truths.
(b) Sunlight and starlight.
(c) Righteousness and iniquity.
(d) Day past and days to come.
6. What does Wednesday admonish Shadow not to dream about in Chapter 11?
(a) The Buffalo Man.
(c) Human sacrifice.
7. What does Sam Black Crow do when Shadow is accused of murder by Audrey Burton in Chapter 13?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She leaves the bar.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She tells Burton she is crazy.
8. What happens to Bilquis, the Queen of Sheba, at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) She joins Wednesday's campaign.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She reveals herself to Shadow.
(d) She ingests another john.
9. What god do Wednesday and Shadow meet in San Francisco?
(d) Mr. Nancy.
10. What does Shadow do on the tree to steel himself at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) He thinks of Sam Black Crow.
(b) He chants.
(c) He talks to Mr. Nancy.
(d) He prays.
11. What does Mr. Nancy tell Shadow about his servitude to Wednesday as they drive with the body in Chapter 14?
(a) Shadow was never truly Wednesday's servant.
(b) Shadow is no longer beholden to Wednesday.
(c) Shadow must continue to serve Wednesday in death.
(d) Wednesday's servants have become Nancy's.
12. Why is Wednesday's body collected in Kansas?
(a) It is the center of America.
(b) It is the home of his remaining cult.
(c) An eclipse is perfectly visible there.
(d) It is equidistant from all parties.
13. How does Sam Black Crow respond to Shadow's story about the war between the gods?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She thinks he is insane.
(c) She believes him.
(d) She remains impassive.
14. What bad news about herself does Laura tell Shadow in Chapter 15?
(a) She has to return to her grave.
(b) She never loved him.
(c) She cheated on him with several other men.
(d) She lost her job.
15. What is Laura certain of as she sits next to the dead Shadow in Chapter 17?
(a) He is not really dead.
(b) He never loved her.
(c) He is in heaven.
(d) He has forgiven her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death does Wednesday admit to orchestrating in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Zorya Polunochnyaya turn Shadow's coin into?
3. Before leaving Mr. Nancy, Shadow remembers that Ganesha told him to do what?
4. What city is Shadow going to at the end of Chapter 19?
5. What animal begins following Shadow in Chapter 12?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)