|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shadow wake up after being knocked unconscious at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) A limo.
(c) The woods.
(d) A jail cell.
2. In Shadow Moon's Chapter 3 dream, what is the celestial room filled with?
(a) Frescoes and mosaics.
(b) Paintings and busts.
(c) Carvings and statues.
(d) Tables and chairs.
3. What game do Shadow and Czernobog play to decide whether the latter will join Wednesday's campaign?
(d) Gin rummy.
4. Which of the following gods does Shadow drive to the diner in Chapter 6?
(b) Mad. Sweeney.
(c) Mr. Nancy.
5. What was Laura doing in the car with Robbie Burton when they were killed?
(a) They were having sex.
(b) They were in an argument.
(c) They were kissing.
(d) Laura was perforing oral sex on Robbie.
6. What group of people expresses distrust of Shadow Moon at the bank?
(a) Several customers.
(b) Police officers.
(c) A neighboring business.
(d) Bank staff.
7. Where does the resurrected Laura Moon first appear to Shadow in Chapter 3?
(a) His dream.
(b) His motel room.
(c) A rest stop.
(d) The parking lot outside the motel.
8. What does Shadow consider doing before going to bed his first night in Cairo?
(a) Joining with the new gods.
(b) Robbing the funeral home.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Running away.
9. Who do Mr. Town and Mr. Road interrogate about Shadow in Chapter 9?
(b) Sam Black Bird.
(c) Richie Hinzelmann.
10. What weather change does Shadow create in this chapter with his thoughts?
(a) He makes it snow.
(b) He makes it cloudy.
(c) He makes it warmer.
(d) He makes it rain.
11. How many days before the end of his sentence is Shadow released because of his wife's death?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 days.
12. What is Wednesday doing as he falls asleep the night Laura returns to him?
(d) Holding her.
13. How does Wednesday explain to Shadow that they will meet with the other gods?
(a) He says Mr. Nancy will lead them there.
(b) He says there is a door in the funhouse.
(c) He does not explain.
(d) He says they are to enter another realm.
14. How does Odin self-sacrifice in Norse lore?
(a) He drinks hemlock.
(b) He drowns himself in the ocean.
(c) He hangs from a tree.
(d) He runs himself through.
15. What noise causes Shadow to hide at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A wolf's howl.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A police siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Czernobog do for a living?
2. What has disappeared from Shadow's person when he wakes from his dream in Chapter 8?
3. What state do Shadow and Wednesday enter at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What brand of car does Shadow Moon purchase in Chapter 10?
5. Who appears in Shadow's dream in Chapter 8?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)