|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Shadow from his sleep at the very end of Chapter 8?
2. What is Jacquel doing when Ibis and Shadow return to the funeral home?
(a) Performing an autopsy.
(b) Applying makeup to a corpse.
(d) Arranging flowers.
3. What object from Mad Sweeney does Shadow discover in his pocket in Chapter 2?
(a) A monocle.
(b) A coin.
(c) A cufflink.
(d) A small book.
4. What other supernatural figure is at the House of the Rock besides Wednesday and Mr. Nancy?
(a) Zorya Polunochnyaya.
(b) The fat kid.
(c) Laura Moon.
5. What does Shadow suddenly see around him as he is riding the ride at the end of Chapter 5?
6. What has disappeared from Shadow's person when he wakes from his dream in Chapter 8?
(a) His hair.
(b) His bruises.
(c) A mole on his neck.
(d) His tattoos.
7. Where is Shadow when he wakes up after his night of drinking with Wednesday?
(a) In a car.
(b) On the sidewalk.
(c) In a motel room.
(d) In a bar.
8. What particular lesson of prison life does Shadow learn early?
(a) Don't make friends.
(b) Don't make waves.
(c) Do your own time.
(d) Keep your head down.
9. What Lakeside community event does Hinzelmann officiate?
(a) The raffle.
(b) The beauty pagaent.
(c) The hog-calling contest.
(d) The local lottery.
10. What is Chad Mulligan's profession?
(a) He runs a food co-op.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is police chief of Lakeside.
(d) He is a pharmacist.
11. What brand of car does Shadow Moon purchase in Chapter 10?
12. In what city do Shadow and Wednesday meet the Zorya sisters in Chapter 4?
(a) New York.
13. In what century does the Viking storyline from Chapter 3 take place?
(a) The 200s BC.
(b) The 1100s AD.
(c) The 400s AD.
(d) The 800s AD.
14. What does Chad Mulligan assist Shadow in finding in Chapter 10?
(a) The route to town.
(b) A date to the winter social.
(c) A car.
(d) A job.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 3, where does Shadow Moon meet Wednesday?
(a) A diner.
(b) Wednesday's car.
(c) The motel.
(d) A clearing in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shadow assume his friend Robbie Burton died in a car accident?
2. Why is Essie Tregowen sent to America instead of being hanged in Chapter 4?
3. Which constellation is Zorya Polunochnyaya looking at when Shadow joins her on the fire escape in Chapter 4?
4. Over what does Mr. Ibis hold dominion?
5. As what does Shadow Moon disguise himself in Chapter 5?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)