|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Mr. Town and Mr. Road interrogate about Shadow in Chapter 9?
(c) Richie Hinzelmann.
(d) Sam Black Bird.
2. What do Mad Sweeney and Shadow trade in Chapter 2?
(a) Coin tricks.
3. In the bank scam, which character from the novel pretends to be head of security for the bank?
(a) Laura Moon.
4. How long has Shadow Moon been in prison at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
5. Where does Shadow Moon meet Mr. Nancy in Chapter 5?
(a) The House of the Rock.
(b) Czernobog's brownstone.
(c) The motel.
(d) The bank.
6. Who appears in Shadow's dream in Chapter 8?
(a) The buffalo man.
(b) Laura Moon.
(d) A woman in leopard print.
7. What advice does Johnnie Larch give Shadow before the latter leaves prison?
(a) Don't make airport workers angry.
(b) Go some place where no one knows you.
(c) Find a nice girl.
(d) Stay low-key.
8. What group of people expresses distrust of Shadow Moon at the bank?
(a) Several customers.
(b) A neighboring business.
(c) Bank staff.
(d) Police officers.
9. In Wednesday's speech before the gods in Chapter 6, which of the following is an example of a new god that he mentions?
10. What happens to the child in Shadow's dream at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) He flies away.
(b) He is sacrificed.
(c) He becomes a giant spider.
(d) He runs through an open glen.
11. What brand of car does Shadow Moon purchase in Chapter 10?
12. In what century does the Viking storyline from Chapter 3 take place?
(a) The 400s AD.
(b) The 200s BC.
(c) The 1100s AD.
(d) The 800s AD.
13. How does Laura explain her ability to walk and speak in Chapter 3?
(a) Shadow's love is keeping her alive.
(b) The coin Shadow gave her is enchanted.
(c) She is a modern goddess.
(d) She has unfinished business on earth.
14. What is the silver dollar supposed to provide for Shadow Moon?
15. What type of bird does Wednesday send to Shadow as a messenger in Chapter 7?
(a) A dove.
(b) A crow.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shadow wake up after being knocked unconscious at the end of Chapter 2?
2. How long does Wednesday say it will be before he meets Shadow in Lakeside?
3. From where did Sweeney produce the gold coins he plucked from the air earlier in the book?
4. In what city is Shadow's plane forced to land because of weather in Chapter 1?
5. How is Laura moon killed?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)