|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MacArthur blow up to prevent the Japanese from advancing to Manila?
2. Who wanted MacArthur to resign from the army?
3. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
4. Once MacArthur became Chief of Staff in 1930 and moved to Washington, what did he work on during the New Deal administration?
5. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was MacArthur's second wife and how did his second marriage differ from his first?
2. What was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s military career like once the Civil War ended?
3. Discuss MacArthur's military career.
4. What were MacArthur's experiences at West Point?
5. What were the experiences of Arthur MacArthur, Jr. during the Civil War?
6. What were MacArthur's religious beliefs?
7. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
8. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
9. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
10. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss MacArthur's military experiences in World War I with The Rainbow Division and his rise to become commander of the 84th Brigade. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Douglas MacArthur's popularity with the public and his relationship with the press. How did his popularity in the press bring him into conflict with politicians? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss MacArthur's defense of the Philippines during World War II and how the Filipinos were affected by the war. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)