|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where did MacArthur and his family go when they left Corregidor?
2. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
3. What did MacArthur blow up to prevent the Japanese from advancing to Manila?
4. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
5. Who did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss MacArthur's military career.
2. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
3. How was the decision to dismiss MacArthur communicated to MacArthur?
4. What were MacArthur's religious beliefs?
5. What kind of authority did MacArthur have in Japan after the surrender of Hirohito?
6. At the beginning of the Korean War, what factors were against the American troops?
7. What changes in Korea in the late 1940's indicated that a war might be imminent?
8. What did MacArthur fail to do immediately after Pearl Harbor?
9. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
10. What kind of government did José Laurel establish in the Philippines during the war, and how did MacArthur feel about this government?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss MacArthur's marriage to Louise Brooks. What objections did General Pershing and Pinky MacArthur have to the union? What conflicts arose during the marriage? How did the marriage affect MacArthur's career? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the fathering styles of Douglas MacArthur, his father, and grandfather, as well as their relationships with their sons. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Arthur MacArthur Jr.'s military career with that of his son Douglas. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,453 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)