|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
2. What disagreement led to MacArthur's resignation from the Army's active list on December 31, 1937?
3. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
4. Why did MacArthur have to testify at a Congressional investigation about his experience at West Point?
5. To what rank did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. get promoted by age nineteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to bring MacArthur back into active duty?
2. How did MacArthur begin to distinguish himself in the Army?
3. What led to MacArthur's resignation from the active duty in 1937?
4. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
5. What caused Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s conflict with President Taft?
6. What was Christmas like for the MacArthur family in 1941?
7. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
8. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
9. What were some of MacArthur's weaknesses?
10. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss MacArthur's military experiences in World War I with The Rainbow Division and his rise to become commander of the 84th Brigade. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss MacArthur's marriage to Louise Brooks. What objections did General Pershing and Pinky MacArthur have to the union? What conflicts arose during the marriage? How did the marriage affect MacArthur's career? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss The Orange Plans and MacArthur's assistance in the militarization of the Philippines in the late 1930's. How did these plans get him into disagreements and get him sent back to the U.S.? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)