|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
2. What was the name of MacArthur's first wife?
3. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
4. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
5. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of MacArthur's weaknesses?
2. What was MacArthur's early military career like?
3. What were the experiences of Arthur MacArthur, Jr. during the Civil War?
4. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
5. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
6. How did MacArthur begin to distinguish himself in the Army?
7. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
8. Who was MacArthur's second wife and how did his second marriage differ from his first?
9. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
10. What happened to bring MacArthur back into active duty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Douglas MacArthur's childhood and education with that of his son, Arthur IV. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss MacArthur's strengths and his weaknesses. Which characteristics of MacArthur helped his military career and which characteristics hindered it? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Douglas MacArthur's childhood and his education. How did his childhood and education equip him for his career in the military? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)