|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disagreement led to MacArthur's resignation from the Army's active list on December 31, 1937?
2. While MacArthur was fighting in Europe during World War I, who was trying to get him promoted back in the States?
3. When the Japanese bombed Corregidor, where did the MacArthurs seek refuge on the besieged island?
4. Who wanted MacArthur to resign from the army?
5. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
2. Discuss MacArthur's years as Chief of Staff.
3. Who was MacArthur's first wife and why did the marriage end?
4. What did MacArthur fail to do immediately after Pearl Harbor?
5. How did MacArthur begin to distinguish himself in the Army?
6. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
7. What were some of MacArthur's weaknesses?
8. What was Christmas like for the MacArthur family in 1941?
9. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
10. Who was MacArthur's second wife and how did his second marriage differ from his first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss The Orange Plans and MacArthur's assistance in the militarization of the Philippines in the late 1930's. How did these plans get him into disagreements and get him sent back to the U.S.? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Douglas MacArthur's relationship with his mother and her influence on his marriages and career. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss MacArthur's relationship with his Eurasian girlfriend and how it affected her life and his. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)