|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many wars did MacArthur serve?
2. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
3. How many times was MacArthur married?
4. How often did MacArthur attend church?
5. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was MacArthur's early military career like?
2. What led to MacArthur's resignation from the active duty in 1937?
3. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
4. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
5. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
6. Where did the MacArthur family go once they left the Philippines, and what happened during their journey there?
7. What caused Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s conflict with President Taft?
8. What military action did the Japanese take in the Philippines after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
9. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
10. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Arthur MacArthur Jr.'s political policies in the Philippines and how they brought him into conflict with President Taft. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why you think William Manchester chose the title American Caesar for his biography of General Douglas MacArthur, and what parallels you see between MacArthur and Caesar.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss MacArthur's defense of the Philippines during World War II and how the Filipinos were affected by the war. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)