|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
2. What did the plebes gain once MacArthur restructured the program and routine at West Point that they had not had before?
3. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
4. What Filipino dignitaries were named as godparents for MacArthur's son, Arthur MacArthur IV?
5. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was MacArthur's second wife and how did his second marriage differ from his first?
2. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
3. What was Christmas like for the MacArthur family in 1941?
4. Discuss MacArthur's military career.
5. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
6. What happened to bring MacArthur back into active duty?
7. Where did the MacArthur family go once they left the Philippines, and what happened during their journey there?
8. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
9. What was MacArthur's mother Pinky doing in the States while he was fighting in World War I?
10. What were some of the rumors that surrounded MacArthur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss MacArthur's marriage to Jean Faircloth. What factors made this second marriage more successful than the general's first marriage? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the fathering styles of Douglas MacArthur, his father, and grandfather, as well as their relationships with their sons. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss MacArthur's defense of the Philippines during World War II and how the Filipinos were affected by the war. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)