|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
2. How did MacArthur want to be seen and treated by others?
3. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
4. In what branch of the military did Douglas MacArthur's brother Arthur III serve?
5. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s military career like once the Civil War ended?
2. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
3. What led to MacArthur's resignation from the active duty in 1937?
4. What were some of the rumors that surrounded MacArthur?
5. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
6. What were MacArthur's experiences at West Point?
7. What caused Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s conflict with President Taft?
8. How did MacArthur begin to distinguish himself in the Army?
9. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
10. What did MacArthur fail to do immediately after Pearl Harbor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss MacArthur's strengths and his weaknesses. Which characteristics of MacArthur helped his military career and which characteristics hindered it? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss MacArthur's defense of the Philippines during World War II and how the Filipinos were affected by the war. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Douglas MacArthur's childhood and his education. How did his childhood and education equip him for his career in the military? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)