|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was MacArthur's goal for Korea?
(a) To keep communism out of South Korea.
(b) To unite North and South Korea as one nation.
(c) To keep the Chinese out of it.
(d) To take it over for the United States.
2. What type of rifle did the Japanese infantry use during World War II?
(a) A 7.7-millimeter Arisaka rifle.
(b) A Toyoki rifle.
(c) A Springfield rifle.
(d) A Winchester rifle.
3. Which Filipino leader formed a pro-Japanese regime and declared war on the United States and Great Britain?
(a) Felipe Garcia.
(b) Jose Laurel.
(c) Manuel Quezon.
(d) Manuel Roxas.
4. Who was MacArthur's greatest friend and confidante during the war, the person with whom he spent as much time as possible?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) His wife Jean.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
5. What country did MacArthur think would have fallen to the Japanese if Corregidor had not held out?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Americans at home during World War II have trouble following the war in the Pacific?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the opinions of MacArthur and the Joint Chiefs of Staff about policy in Korea?
3. With which branch of the military did MacArthur have conflict during the war in the Pacific?
4. What did MacArthur say a nation should do if it wasn't willing to make the full military commitment to winning a war?
5. Which of the following elements was not something encountered by American forces in the Pacific islands during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wanted MacArthur to run for President against Roosevelt in 1944 and how did MacArthur claim to feel about politics at that time?
2. What changes in Korea in the late 1940's indicated that a war might be imminent?
3. What was Operation Ketsu-Go?
4. What was the Japanese reaction when the MacArthurs left Tokyo on April 16, 1951?
5. How was the everyday life of the Filipinos affected by the war and the Japanese occupation?
6. How was the decision to dismiss MacArthur communicated to MacArthur?
7. How did MacArthur demonstrate his knowledge of the Japanese culture and thinking in his treatment of the Japanese after their surrender?
8. How did MacArthur befuddle the Japanese forces at Rabaul, and how did his unexpected behavior affect the Japanese?
9. At the beginning of the Korean War, what factors were against the American troops?
10. What led to MacArthur's dismissal from the Army after fifty two years of service?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)