|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Korean armistice signed?
(a) July 7, 1952.
(b) April 1, 1958.
(c) January 10, 1953.
(d) April 12, 1959.
2. Who won the battle at Inchon and Min Gun?
(a) The North Koreans.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The Chinese.
3. What were the kempei-tai?
(a) The Philippine senators.
(b) The Japanese infantry.
(c) The Japanese secret police.
(d) The Philippine guerillas.
4. How did MacArthur treat Manuel Roxas, a known Japanese collaborator, after liberating the Philippines from Japanese rule?
(a) He imprisoned Roxas.
(b) He exonerated Roxas.
(c) He executed Roxas.
(d) He exiled Roxas.
5. How high was the Anglo-American commitment of military resources to the Pacific?
(a) Thirty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Fifteen percent.
(d) Ten percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Jean MacArthur use for her husband in her letters to him?
2. What Japanese government document did MacArthur help write?
3. When Jean MacArthur returned to the Philippines after her husband liberated the islands, what did she do upon seeing the rags the people were wearing?
4. Why did upper class Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese?
5. When did MacArthur return to the Rock after having to flee it when the Japanese attacked in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the decision to dismiss MacArthur communicated to MacArthur?
2. How long were Jean and Arthur separated from General MacArthur during the battle to retake the Philippines, and what arrangements did Jean make for Arthur's education once she and her son returned to the islands?
3. What was public opinion of MacArthur like once he broke through the Japanese blockade in March, 1942?
4. Who wanted MacArthur to run for President against Roosevelt in 1944 and how did MacArthur claim to feel about politics at that time?
5. What led to MacArthur's dismissal from the Army after fifty two years of service?
6. What was island hopping and why did MacArthur not engage in it?
7. What problems did the US public and the US military have with maps of the Pacific during World War II?
8. At the beginning of the Korean War, what factors were against the American troops?
9. Why did MacArthur want to launch an amphibious attack against the North Koreans at Inchon and what objections did his advisers have against that location?
10. How did MacArthur demonstrate his knowledge of the Japanese culture and thinking in his treatment of the Japanese after their surrender?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)