|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the fall of 1944, what percentage of Filipinos were Roman Catholic?
(a) Eighty percent.
(b) Thirty percent.
(c) One hundred percent.
(d) Ten percent.
2. Which two groups among the Filipino population did not ignore their Japanese invaders, unlike the rest of the population?
(a) The guerrillas and the collaborators.
(b) The women and children.
(c) The poor farmers and the fishermen.
(d) The aged and the infirm.
3. What factors helped the Japanese succeed in the Pacific during World War II?
(a) They were well equipped with petroleum and raw materials.
(b) They had more men and more planes.
(c) They had better trained and better equipped soldiers.
(d) They had better technology and faster ships.
4. Who won the battle at Inchon and Min Gun?
(a) The Chinese.
(b) The North Koreans.
(d) The Japanese.
5. What did MacArthur say a nation should do if it wasn't willing to make the full military commitment to winning a war?
(a) It should dissolve its army.
(b) It should dissolve itself.
(c) It shouldn't fight.
(d) It shouldn't be surprised to lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cities gave MacArthur parades after his return to the United States from the Pacific once Truman dismissed him?
2. When was the Korean armistice signed?
3. Which Navy admiral did MacArthur admire?
4. Who did Quezon designate as his successor as president of the Philippines should he and Osmeña be killed during their flight to Australia?
5. What did the Japanese soldiers on Rabaul prefer to do rather than surrender to the Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wanted MacArthur to run for President against Roosevelt in 1944 and how did MacArthur claim to feel about politics at that time?
2. How did MacArthur befuddle the Japanese forces at Rabaul, and how did his unexpected behavior affect the Japanese?
3. What was Operation Ketsu-Go?
4. What changes in Korea in the late 1940's indicated that a war might be imminent?
5. What was NSC-68 and how might public knowledge of it have prevented the Korean War?
6. Why did MacArthur want to launch an amphibious attack against the North Koreans at Inchon and what objections did his advisers have against that location?
7. What was the status of women in Japanese society when the Japanese surrendered and ended World War II?
8. How important did MacArthur consider airplanes and aerial assaults during the War in the Pacific?
9. What kind of government did José Laurel establish in the Philippines during the war, and how did MacArthur feel about this government?
10. How was the decision to dismiss MacArthur communicated to MacArthur?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)