|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a problem MacArthur had with maps of the Pacific during World War II?
(a) There weren't many maps available.
(b) The maps were in black and white rather than color.
(c) They started the war using 18th century charts.
(d) They had to capture enemy maps to know where they were.
2. When Jean MacArthur returned to the Philippines after her husband liberated the islands, what did she do upon seeing the rags the people were wearing?
(a) She wept.
(b) She wrote an American charity about the problem.
(c) She wrote the President about the problem.
(d) She gave her hat and gloves to some Filipinos.
3. What type of rifle did the Japanese infantry use during World War II?
(a) A Winchester rifle.
(b) A 7.7-millimeter Arisaka rifle.
(c) A Toyoki rifle.
(d) A Springfield rifle.
4. What did MacArthur say a nation should do if it wasn't willing to make the full military commitment to winning a war?
(a) It shouldn't be surprised to lose.
(b) It should dissolve itself.
(c) It should dissolve its army.
(d) It shouldn't fight.
5. What title was MacArthur given on April 18, 1942?
(a) Governor of the Philippines.
(b) Secretary of War.
(c) Commander in Chief of the Philippines.
(d) Commander in Chief of the Southwest Pacific Area.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the wily MacArthur label the box containing his tea service, candelabra, and other personal items so that the box survived the attack on Manila?
2. When the Soviet Union announced in 1949 that it had moved its forces out of North Korea, what did that nation expect the United States to do in response?
3. About what did Truman and MacArthur disagree during the Korean war?
4. Why did the Japanese think an invasion of their homeland was impossible?
5. What important dignitary did Jean MacArthur entertain in New Guinea in 1942 since Douglas was away at Port Moresby at the time?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)