|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the public reaction when MacArthur was dismissed?
(a) Some approved, but some wanted to impeach Truman.
(b) The public wanted MacArthur put on trial.
(c) The public rejoiced.
(d) The public was outraged.
2. When did the communist invasion of South Korea and fighting between North and South Korea begin?
(a) July 24, 1950.
(b) March 13, 1953.
(c) February 12, 1959.
(d) October 8, 1960.
3. Why didn't MacArthur think China could conduct a war in Korea?
(a) China lacked the industrial capacity to conduct a war.
(b) China didn't have enough soldiers for war.
(c) China lacked the funds for a war.
(d) China didn't want Korea.
4. After capturing Seoul, what kind of reforms did MacArthur want to establish there?
(a) Industrial reforms.
(b) Military reforms.
(c) Economic reforms.
(d) Democratic reforms like he brought to the Philippines.
5. What type of rifle did the Japanese infantry use during World War II?
(a) A 7.7-millimeter Arisaka rifle.
(b) A Springfield rifle.
(c) A Winchester rifle.
(d) A Toyoki rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following abilities did not fall within MacArthur's range of authority in Japan after the war?
2. According to the United States public polls after World War II, MacArthur was second in popularity to?
3. Who was the Japanese commander of the Philippine defenses?
4. What did MacArthur say a nation should do if it wasn't willing to make the full military commitment to winning a war?
5. What did the Japanese soldiers on Rabaul prefer to do rather than surrender to the Americans?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)