|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dai Ichi?
(a) A city in Japan.
(b) A city in the Philippines occupied by the Americans.
(c) MacArthur's Japanese butler.
(d) MacArthur's headquarters in Japan.
2. Which of the following elements was not something encountered by American forces in the Pacific islands during World War II?
(c) Crocodiles and snakes.
3. What was MacArthur instructed to do for the South Koreans when the Korean War erupted?
(a) Imprison them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Supply and support them.
(d) Train them to fight.
4. What was MacArthur's goal for Korea?
(a) To unite North and South Korea as one nation.
(b) To keep communism out of South Korea.
(c) To take it over for the United States.
(d) To keep the Chinese out of it.
5. After the surrender of the Japanese, how did MacArthur address the citizens of the United States to inform them that the world was at peace?
(a) Via telegraph.
(b) Via radio.
(c) Via a telegram.
(d) Via television satellite.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had MacArthur served in the Army when he was dismissed?
2. Who won the battle at Inchon and Min Gun?
3. How long did the British want the Americans to limit their Pacific objectives during World War II?
4. How many reporters accompanied MacArthur to South Korea on his first trip there during the war?
5. Why didn't MacArthur think China could conduct a war in Korea?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)