|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't MacArthur think China could conduct a war in Korea?
(a) China didn't want Korea.
(b) China lacked the funds for a war.
(c) China didn't have enough soldiers for war.
(d) China lacked the industrial capacity to conduct a war.
2. How many reporters accompanied MacArthur to South Korea on his first trip there during the war?
(a) One dozen.
3. Why did MacArthur fly to Seoul On August 15, 1948?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) For his wife's birthday.
(c) The South Koreans gave him a victory parade.
(d) The South Korean president was being inaugurated.
4. Why did upper class Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese?
(a) They preferred the Japanese to the Americans.
(b) They wanted the war to end as soon as possible.
(c) They feared losing their privileged lifestyle if they didn't.
(d) They were Japanese in heritage.
5. Who was Ah Cheu?
(a) The Cantonese amah or nanny of MacArthur's son.
(b) MacArthur's Japanese girlfriend.
(c) A Japanese general.
(d) A Filipino guerilla leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the South Koreans sustained heavy losses at Yalu, troops from which nation were identified as having helped the North Koreans in battle?
2. When did the communist invasion of South Korea and fighting between North and South Korea begin?
3. What did MacArthur tell the press would happen in Korea if he didn't receive more troops?
4. What nickname did Jean MacArthur use for her husband in her letters to him?
5. Since the Filipino schools had been demolished during the Japanese occupation, who did the MacArthurs hire to teach Arthur upon their return to the islands?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)