|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had MacArthur served in the Army when he was dismissed?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Fifty-two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Thirty years.
2. What was MacArthur's goal for Korea?
(a) To keep the Chinese out of it.
(b) To keep communism out of South Korea.
(c) To unite North and South Korea as one nation.
(d) To take it over for the United States.
3. How did The United Nations Security Council respond to the invasion of South Korea by North Korea?
(a) They condemned the aggression.
(b) They imposed economic sanctions on both Koreas.
(c) They supported the invasion.
(d) They ignored the conflict.
4. What factors helped the Japanese succeed in the Pacific during World War II?
(a) They were well equipped with petroleum and raw materials.
(b) They had more men and more planes.
(c) They had better technology and faster ships.
(d) They had better trained and better equipped soldiers.
5. To where did MacArthur move his advance base once he had the Japanese in retreat?
(a) To Philadelphia.
(b) To Amsterdam.
(c) To Honolulu.
(d) To Moresby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MacArthur say a nation should do if it wasn't willing to make the full military commitment to winning a war?
2. What important dignitary did Jean MacArthur entertain in New Guinea in 1942 since Douglas was away at Port Moresby at the time?
3. How many Japanese lined the route to the airport when the MacArthurs departed from Tokyo in 1951?
4. How long did the British want the Americans to limit their Pacific objectives during World War II?
5. How many days after the surrender of the Japanese did MacArthur enter Tokyo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflicts did MacArthur and Truman have as the Korean War progressed?
2. What was Operation Ketsu-Go?
3. Why did MacArthur want to launch an amphibious attack against the North Koreans at Inchon and what objections did his advisers have against that location?
4. What was the Japanese reaction when the MacArthurs left Tokyo on April 16, 1951?
5. What kind of authority did MacArthur have in Japan after the surrender of Hirohito?
6. What changes in Korea in the late 1940's indicated that a war might be imminent?
7. How was the everyday life of the Filipinos affected by the war and the Japanese occupation?
8. What was the status of women in Japanese society when the Japanese surrendered and ended World War II?
9. At the beginning of the Korean War, what factors were against the American troops?
10. What was island hopping and why did MacArthur not engage in it?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)