|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Navy admiral did MacArthur admire?
2. When did the communist invasion of South Korea and fighting between North and South Korea begin?
(a) February 12, 1959.
(b) July 24, 1950.
(c) October 8, 1960.
(d) March 13, 1953.
3. Since the Filipino schools had been demolished during the Japanese occupation, who did the MacArthurs hire to teach Arthur upon their return to the islands?
(a) A private English teacher, Mrs. Phyllis Gibbons.
(b) A former Filipino teacher.
(c) An Australian soldier who was once a teacher.
(d) An American soldier who was once a teacher.
4. What did the Japanese people think of MacArthur?
(a) They thought he was a powerful enemy.
(b) They hated him.
(c) He was popular with them.
(d) They respected his intellect but hated him.
5. On which political party ticket did people begin to talk about MacArthur running for President as he began to succeed against the Japanese in the Pacific?
(a) Both the Republican and Democratic tickets.
(b) The Democratic ticket.
(c) The independent ticket.
(d) The Republican ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. When America entered the Korean War, what did President Truman worry about?
2. How many days after the surrender of the Japanese did MacArthur enter Tokyo?
3. Who did President Truman appoint as Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers (SCAP) in Japan?
4. What title was MacArthur given on April 18, 1942?
5. Which two groups among the Filipino population did not ignore their Japanese invaders, unlike the rest of the population?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was public opinion of MacArthur like once he broke through the Japanese blockade in March, 1942?
2. Why were the Japanese people still convinced that they were winning the war once MacArthur retook the Philippines?
3. How did MacArthur deal with the issue of Filipinos who had collaborated with the Japanese?
4. What led to MacArthur's dismissal from the Army after fifty two years of service?
5. What kind of government did José Laurel establish in the Philippines during the war, and how did MacArthur feel about this government?
6. What was A-Day?
7. Why did MacArthur want to launch an amphibious attack against the North Koreans at Inchon and what objections did his advisers have against that location?
8. What was the status of women in Japanese society when the Japanese surrendered and ended World War II?
9. What kind of authority did MacArthur have in Japan after the surrender of Hirohito?
10. At the beginning of the Korean War, what factors were against the American troops?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)