|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Filipino leader formed a pro-Japanese regime and declared war on the United States and Great Britain?
(a) Felipe Garcia.
(b) Manuel Quezon.
(c) Manuel Roxas.
(d) Jose Laurel.
2. After capturing Seoul, what kind of reforms did MacArthur want to establish there?
(a) Military reforms.
(b) Economic reforms.
(c) Democratic reforms like he brought to the Philippines.
(d) Industrial reforms.
3. About what did Truman and MacArthur disagree during the Korean war?
(a) The weapons to use in the war.
(b) The battle plans for the war.
(c) The amount of support MacArthur received for the war.
(d) The necessity of the war.
4. What was MacArthur instructed to do for the South Koreans when the Korean War erupted?
(a) Imprison them.
(b) Train them to fight.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Supply and support them.
5. When did MacArthur return to the Rock after having to flee it when the Japanese attacked in 1941?
(a) March 2, 1944.
(b) June 15, 1950.
(c) August 7, 1948.
(d) October 3, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had MacArthur served in the Army when he was dismissed?
2. When the Soviet Union announced in 1949 that it had moved its forces out of North Korea, what did that nation expect the United States to do in response?
3. When Jean MacArthur returned to the Philippines after her husband liberated the islands, what did she do upon seeing the rags the people were wearing?
4. How many Japanese lined the route to the airport when the MacArthurs departed from Tokyo in 1951?
5. Why were the Japanese determined not to let MacArthur retake the Philippines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was island hopping and why did MacArthur not engage in it?
2. How did MacArthur demonstrate his knowledge of the Japanese culture and thinking in his treatment of the Japanese after their surrender?
3. What problems did the US public and the US military have with maps of the Pacific during World War II?
4. How did the American infantry differ from the German and Japanese infantry during World War II?
5. How long were Jean and Arthur separated from General MacArthur during the battle to retake the Philippines, and what arrangements did Jean make for Arthur's education once she and her son returned to the islands?
6. Why did wealthy Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese during World War II?
7. What kind of government did José Laurel establish in the Philippines during the war, and how did MacArthur feel about this government?
8. Why were the Japanese people still convinced that they were winning the war once MacArthur retook the Philippines?
9. How did MacArthur befuddle the Japanese forces at Rabaul, and how did his unexpected behavior affect the Japanese?
10. How important did MacArthur consider airplanes and aerial assaults during the War in the Pacific?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)