|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Korean armistice signed?
(a) April 12, 1959.
(b) January 10, 1953.
(c) April 1, 1958.
(d) July 7, 1952.
2. How did The United Nations Security Council respond to the invasion of South Korea by North Korea?
(a) They condemned the aggression.
(b) They ignored the conflict.
(c) They imposed economic sanctions on both Koreas.
(d) They supported the invasion.
3. What did MacArthur say a nation should do if it wasn't willing to make the full military commitment to winning a war?
(a) It shouldn't fight.
(b) It should dissolve its army.
(c) It shouldn't be surprised to lose.
(d) It should dissolve itself.
4. How high was the Anglo-American commitment of military resources to the Pacific?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Thirty percent.
(d) Fifteen percent.
5. When the Soviet Union announced in 1949 that it had moved its forces out of North Korea, what did that nation expect the United States to do in response?
(a) Remove U.S. forces from South Korea.
(b) Invade North Korea.
(c) Remove U.S. forces from Germany.
(d) Invade China.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the battle at Inchon and Min Gun?
2. Which two groups among the Filipino population did not ignore their Japanese invaders, unlike the rest of the population?
3. Why did upper class Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese?
4. Why did Americans at home during World War II have trouble following the war in the Pacific?
5. Which of the following abilities did not fall within MacArthur's range of authority in Japan after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Japanese people still convinced that they were winning the war once MacArthur retook the Philippines?
2. What problems did the US public and the US military have with maps of the Pacific during World War II?
3. What was NSC-68 and how might public knowledge of it have prevented the Korean War?
4. What was public opinion of MacArthur like once he broke through the Japanese blockade in March, 1942?
5. What was A-Day?
6. How did MacArthur deal with the issue of Filipinos who had collaborated with the Japanese?
7. What was island hopping and why did MacArthur not engage in it?
8. Why did wealthy Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese during World War II?
9. How did the American infantry differ from the German and Japanese infantry during World War II?
10. What changes in Korea in the late 1940's indicated that a war might be imminent?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)