|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Americans at home during World War II have trouble following the war in the Pacific?
(a) No reporters were allowed near the war.
(b) There was poor radio reception from that area.
(c) Television had not yet been invented.
(d) They were ignorant of its geography.
2. How did MacArthur see the war in the Pacific?
(a) As a war of supply protected by air.
(b) As a German plan to distract the U.S. from Europe.
(c) As a way to increase U.S. territory in the Pacific.
(d) As a war of infantry.
3. Why didn't MacArthur use the strategy of island-hopping, i.e. hitting the enemy with direct frontal pressure in battle?
(a) He thought it caused too many casualties.
(b) There were too many islands and not enough men.
(c) He believed in doing the unexpected.
(d) He didn't have enough bombs and ships to succeed.
4. Who did Quezon designate as his successor as president of the Philippines should he and Osmeña be killed during their flight to Australia?
(a) General MacArthur.
(b) Manuel Roxas.
(c) Felipe Garcia.
(d) Jose Laurel.
5. What kind of government did MacArthur establish in Japan after the war?
(a) A republic.
(b) A democracy.
(c) A theocracy.
(d) A dictatorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ah Cheu?
2. How many American and Filipino prisoners died in the Death March that began once the Japanese captured Corregidor?
3. What title was MacArthur given on April 18, 1942?
4. What country did MacArthur think would have fallen to the Japanese if Corregidor had not held out?
5. How long had MacArthur served in the Army when he was dismissed?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)