|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't MacArthur think China could conduct a war in Korea?
(a) China lacked the funds for a war.
(b) China lacked the industrial capacity to conduct a war.
(c) China didn't want Korea.
(d) China didn't have enough soldiers for war.
2. When the South Koreans sustained heavy losses at Yalu, troops from which nation were identified as having helped the North Koreans in battle?
3. How many Japanese lined the route to the airport when the MacArthurs departed from Tokyo in 1951?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) One quarter million.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Eight thousand.
4. When the Soviet Union announced in 1949 that it had moved its forces out of North Korea, what did that nation expect the United States to do in response?
(a) Remove U.S. forces from South Korea.
(b) Remove U.S. forces from Germany.
(c) Invade North Korea.
(d) Invade China.
5. What country did MacArthur think would have fallen to the Japanese if Corregidor had not held out?
(a) The United States.
(b) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high was the Anglo-American commitment of military resources to the Pacific?
2. In the fall of 1944, what percentage of Filipinos were Roman Catholic?
3. On which political party ticket did people begin to talk about MacArthur running for President as he began to succeed against the Japanese in the Pacific?
4. For which people in the Pacific was MacArthur committed to bringing freedom?
5. How long had MacArthur served in the Army when he was dismissed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did MacArthur deal with the issue of Filipinos who had collaborated with the Japanese?
2. What kind of government did José Laurel establish in the Philippines during the war, and how did MacArthur feel about this government?
3. How important did MacArthur consider airplanes and aerial assaults during the War in the Pacific?
4. What was A-Day?
5. At the beginning of the Korean War, what factors were against the American troops?
6. How did MacArthur befuddle the Japanese forces at Rabaul, and how did his unexpected behavior affect the Japanese?
7. How was the everyday life of the Filipinos affected by the war and the Japanese occupation?
8. How did American code-breakers contribute to the war effort in the Pacific?
9. Why did MacArthur want to launch an amphibious attack against the North Koreans at Inchon and what objections did his advisers have against that location?
10. What was NSC-68 and how might public knowledge of it have prevented the Korean War?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)