|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After capturing Seoul, what kind of reforms did MacArthur want to establish there?
(a) Military reforms.
(b) Economic reforms.
(c) Democratic reforms like he brought to the Philippines.
(d) Industrial reforms.
2. For which people in the Pacific was MacArthur committed to bringing freedom?
(c) All people in the Pacific.
3. Which of the following does not describe an aspect of life in the Philippines in 1944?
(a) Eight languages and eighty-odd dialects spoken.
(b) Warriors hunting game with bows and arrows.
(c) A large coal mining industry.
(d) Waterfalls and volcanoes on the islands.
4. How many Japanese lined the route to the airport when the MacArthurs departed from Tokyo in 1951?
(a) Eight thousand.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) One quarter million.
(d) One thousand.
5. What did MacArthur say a nation should do if it wasn't willing to make the full military commitment to winning a war?
(a) It shouldn't fight.
(b) It shouldn't be surprised to lose.
(c) It should dissolve itself.
(d) It should dissolve its army.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the Korean War, where was the line between North and South Korea?
2. What kind of government did MacArthur establish in Japan after the war?
3. Who did Quezon designate as his successor as president of the Philippines should he and Osmeña be killed during their flight to Australia?
4. What cities gave MacArthur parades after his return to the United States from the Pacific once Truman dismissed him?
5. How many days after the surrender of the Japanese did MacArthur enter Tokyo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Japanese people still convinced that they were winning the war once MacArthur retook the Philippines?
2. What kind of government did José Laurel establish in the Philippines during the war, and how did MacArthur feel about this government?
3. How did the American infantry differ from the German and Japanese infantry during World War II?
4. What was island hopping and why did MacArthur not engage in it?
5. What conflicts did MacArthur and Truman have as the Korean War progressed?
6. How did MacArthur demonstrate his knowledge of the Japanese culture and thinking in his treatment of the Japanese after their surrender?
7. How did MacArthur befuddle the Japanese forces at Rabaul, and how did his unexpected behavior affect the Japanese?
8. What kind of authority did MacArthur have in Japan after the surrender of Hirohito?
9. How important did MacArthur consider airplanes and aerial assaults during the War in the Pacific?
10. How did MacArthur deal with the issue of Filipinos who had collaborated with the Japanese?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)