|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did President Truman appoint as Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers (SCAP) in Japan?
2. How high was the Anglo-American commitment of military resources to the Pacific?
(a) Fifteen percent.
(b) Thirty percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
3. Why did MacArthur fly to Seoul On August 15, 1948?
(a) The South Korean president was being inaugurated.
(b) For his wife's birthday.
(c) The South Koreans gave him a victory parade.
(d) For a vacation.
4. Which Filipino leader formed a pro-Japanese regime and declared war on the United States and Great Britain?
(a) Manuel Quezon.
(b) Manuel Roxas.
(c) Felipe Garcia.
(d) Jose Laurel.
5. When did the communist invasion of South Korea and fighting between North and South Korea begin?
(a) October 8, 1960.
(b) March 13, 1953.
(c) July 24, 1950.
(d) February 12, 1959.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Jean MacArthur use for her husband in her letters to him?
2. Which of the following is not a problem MacArthur had with maps of the Pacific during World War II?
3. What were "Sherman carpets"?
4. Why did upper class Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese?
5. Why did the Japanese think an invasion of their homeland was impossible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reaction of the American public when MacArthur was dismissed from the Army?
2. How important did MacArthur consider airplanes and aerial assaults during the War in the Pacific?
3. What conflicts did MacArthur and Truman have as the Korean War progressed?
4. How did MacArthur befuddle the Japanese forces at Rabaul, and how did his unexpected behavior affect the Japanese?
5. How did American code-breakers contribute to the war effort in the Pacific?
6. Why did wealthy Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese during World War II?
7. Why were the Japanese people still convinced that they were winning the war once MacArthur retook the Philippines?
8. Why did MacArthur want to launch an amphibious attack against the North Koreans at Inchon and what objections did his advisers have against that location?
9. What kind of authority did MacArthur have in Japan after the surrender of Hirohito?
10. How did MacArthur deal with the issue of Filipinos who had collaborated with the Japanese?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)