|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Quezon designate as his successor as president of the Philippines should he and Osmeña be killed during their flight to Australia?
(a) General MacArthur.
(b) Manuel Roxas.
(c) Jose Laurel.
(d) Felipe Garcia.
2. Which Filipino leader formed a pro-Japanese regime and declared war on the United States and Great Britain?
(a) Manuel Quezon.
(b) Jose Laurel.
(c) Felipe Garcia.
(d) Manuel Roxas.
3. According to the United States public polls after World War II, MacArthur was second in popularity to?
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Winston Churchill.
4. With which Navy admiral did MacArthur frequently come into conflict?
5. How did MacArthur treat Manuel Roxas, a known Japanese collaborator, after liberating the Philippines from Japanese rule?
(a) He imprisoned Roxas.
(b) He executed Roxas.
(c) He exonerated Roxas.
(d) He exiled Roxas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Soviet Union announced in 1949 that it had moved its forces out of North Korea, what did that nation expect the United States to do in response?
2. Which two groups among the Filipino population did not ignore their Japanese invaders, unlike the rest of the population?
3. About what did Truman and MacArthur disagree during the Korean war?
4. What title was MacArthur given on April 18, 1942?
5. Which of the following does not describe an aspect of life in the Philippines in 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the status of women in Japanese society when the Japanese surrendered and ended World War II?
2. How did American code-breakers contribute to the war effort in the Pacific?
3. How did MacArthur befuddle the Japanese forces at Rabaul, and how did his unexpected behavior affect the Japanese?
4. How was the decision to dismiss MacArthur communicated to MacArthur?
5. How did MacArthur deal with the issue of Filipinos who had collaborated with the Japanese?
6. How was the everyday life of the Filipinos affected by the war and the Japanese occupation?
7. Why did wealthy Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese during World War II?
8. How important did MacArthur consider airplanes and aerial assaults during the War in the Pacific?
9. What problems did the US public and the US military have with maps of the Pacific during World War II?
10. What was island hopping and why did MacArthur not engage in it?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)