|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was MacArthur's class standing upon graduation from West Point?
(a) He barely passed his final semester.
(b) He graduated at the top of his class.
(c) He graduated fifth in his class.
(d) He graduated third in his class.
2. Why did MacArthur have to testify at a Congressional investigation about his experience at West Point?
(a) He was involved in a scandal involving theft.
(b) He witnessed an act of cheating at the school.
(c) Another student shot an instructor.
(d) Another plebe died from an act of hazing.
3. To where did MacArthur and his family go when they left Corregidor?
(d) New York.
4. From where was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s bride?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
5. What disagreement led to MacArthur's resignation from the Army's active list on December 31, 1937?
(a) Disagreement over his rank.
(b) Disagreement over his salary.
(c) Disagreement over his militarization of the Philippines.
(d) Disagreement over his relationship with Quezon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was MacArthur's first year roommate at West Point?
2. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
3. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
4. When the Japanese bombed Corregidor, where did the MacArthurs seek refuge on the besieged island?
5. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss MacArthur's military career.
2. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
3. What were some of MacArthur's weaknesses?
4. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
5. Discuss MacArthur's years as Chief of Staff.
6. What was MacArthur's early military career like?
7. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
8. Who was MacArthur's first wife and why did the marriage end?
9. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
10. What led to MacArthur's resignation from the active duty in 1937?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)