|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Japanese attacked the Philippines, what happened to the United States air fleet stationed there?
(a) It was bombed but it was able to repel the Japanese.
(b) It malfunctioned.
(c) Most of it was destroyed.
(d) It fled to Australia.
2. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
(a) The Pope.
(c) The crusaders from the Middle Ages.
(d) Billy Graham.
3. What job did MacArthur get in the Philippines instead of the one he wanted?
(a) Police commissioner.
(b) Lieutenant governor.
(c) Military adviser.
4. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
(a) April 15, 1917.
(b) June 13, 1899.
(c) September 8, 1895.
(d) May 2, 1910.
5. What was strictly forbidden at West Point once MacArthur accepted his position there?
(c) Cheating on exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disagreement led to MacArthur's resignation from the Army's active list on December 31, 1937?
2. Of what brigade was MacArthur made the permanent commander during World War I?
3. What did MacArthur expand the West Point curriculum to include?
4. How many times was MacArthur married?
5. When the Japanese bombed Corregidor, where did the MacArthurs seek refuge on the besieged island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the war in France like when MacArthur arrived in Europe during World War I?
2. What was MacArthur's mother Pinky doing in the States while he was fighting in World War I?
3. What were some of the rumors that surrounded MacArthur?
4. What were MacArthur's experiences at West Point?
5. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
6. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
7. What did MacArthur fail to do immediately after Pearl Harbor?
8. Discuss MacArthur's years as Chief of Staff.
9. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
10. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)