|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
(a) Twenty nine.
(b) Thirty eight.
(d) Forty two.
2. Once MacArthur became Chief of Staff in 1930 and moved to Washington, what did he work on during the New Deal administration?
(a) The military defense budget.
(b) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(c) A new secret weapon.
(d) Increasing the enlistment to the army.
3. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
(a) At four in the afternoon.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At noon.
(d) After three in the morning.
4. Why did the MacArthurs celebrate Christmas early in 1941?
(a) MacArthur was being sent to Europe to fight.
(b) They feared they would be dead by Christmas.
(c) They feared the Japanese would soon capture them.
(d) They knew they would have to evacuate by Christmas.
5. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
(a) The West Texas Military Academy.
(b) The one-room school at Fort Dodge.
(c) The school on the Apache Indian reservation.
(d) The Austin Academy for Young Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Japanese attacked the Philippines, what happened to the United States air fleet stationed there?
2. What happened during the MacArthur family journey by sea away from the Philippines?
3. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
4. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
5. What was MacArthur's class standing upon graduation from West Point?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the MacArthur family go once they left the Philippines, and what happened during their journey there?
2. What were MacArthur's religious beliefs?
3. What were some of MacArthur's weaknesses?
4. What was Christmas like for the MacArthur family in 1941?
5. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
6. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
7. What were MacArthur's experiences at West Point?
8. What were the experiences of Arthur MacArthur, Jr. during the Civil War?
9. What military action did the Japanese take in the Philippines after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
10. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)