|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Thanksgiving Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
2. Who accidentally took MacArthur prisoner at one point during World War I?
(a) The Canadians.
(b) The British.
(c) Another American division that quickly released him.
(d) The Australians.
3. During what event did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. die?
(a) His grandson's baptism.
(b) A reunion of Gettysburg survivors.
(c) A reunion of Missionary Ridge survivors.
(d) His daughter's wedding.
4. As a fifty-four year old man, who did MacArthur fear would learn about his Eurasian girlfriend?
(a) His wife.
(b) The press.
(c) His mother.
(d) The President.
5. Once the Philippines became independent, what job did MacArthur want there?
(a) High commissioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
2. In what famous Civil War battle did Douglas MacArthur's father fight in November 1863?
3. How many times was MacArthur married?
4. What happened when MacArthur was given command of a company at Leavenworth?
5. Who moved in with MacArthur once he accepted the position at West Point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was MacArthur's early military career like?
2. Discuss MacArthur's military career.
3. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
4. Discuss MacArthur's years as Chief of Staff.
5. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
6. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
7. How did MacArthur begin to distinguish himself in the Army?
8. What was the war in France like when MacArthur arrived in Europe during World War I?
9. What were MacArthur's experiences at West Point?
10. What military action did the Japanese take in the Philippines after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)