|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
(a) Sylvia Cunningham.
(b) Anna Cleveland.
(c) Jean Marie Faircloth.
(d) Mary Jones.
2. From where was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s bride?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
3. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. What happened during the MacArthur family journey by sea away from the Philippines?
(a) They encountered a German submarine.
(b) The ship sprung a leak and nearly sunk.
(c) They all got malaria.
(d) They encountered the Japanese and narrowly escaped.
5. Who moved in with MacArthur once he accepted the position at West Point?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His Eurasian girlfriend.
(c) His brother Arthur.
(d) His mother Pinky.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what division of the Army was MacArthur first assigned when he finished at West Point as a second lieutenant?
2. What sports did MacArthur play during his four years at West Point?
3. To what office at West Point did Pershing appoint MacArthur after World War I?
4. As a fifty-four year old man, who did MacArthur fear would learn about his Eurasian girlfriend?
5. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the everyday life of the Filipinos affected by the war and the Japanese occupation?
2. What happened to bring MacArthur back into active duty?
3. How did American code-breakers contribute to the war effort in the Pacific?
4. What caused Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s conflict with President Taft?
5. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
6. How did MacArthur deal with the issue of Filipinos who had collaborated with the Japanese?
7. What was MacArthur's mother Pinky doing in the States while he was fighting in World War I?
8. What led to MacArthur's resignation from the active duty in 1937?
9. How did MacArthur demonstrate his knowledge of the Japanese culture and thinking in his treatment of the Japanese after their surrender?
10. Who was MacArthur's first wife and why did the marriage end?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)