|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was MacArthur's class standing upon graduation from West Point?
(a) He graduated third in his class.
(b) He graduated at the top of his class.
(c) He graduated fifth in his class.
(d) He barely passed his final semester.
2. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
3. In breaking through the Hindenburg Line during the strategic battle of Cote-de-Chatillon, how many men did the Rainbow Division lose?
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
4. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two days.
(c) More than eight hours.
(d) Three hours.
5. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
(a) At midnight.
(b) After three in the morning.
(c) At four in the afternoon.
(d) At noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many medals did MacArthur receive during the course of his career?
2. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
3. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
4. Instead of remaining at headquarters as he was supposed to, what did MacArthur do during the first big battle near Reims?
5. How old was MacArthur when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
2. Discuss MacArthur's military career.
3. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
4. What were some of the rumors that surrounded MacArthur?
5. What were some of MacArthur's weaknesses?
6. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
7. Where did the MacArthur family go once they left the Philippines, and what happened during their journey there?
8. How did MacArthur begin to distinguish himself in the Army?
9. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
10. What were MacArthur's religious beliefs?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)