|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
(a) The medical corps.
(b) Military intelligence.
(c) The infantry.
(d) The cavalry.
2. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
(a) Mary Jones.
(b) Sylvia Cunningham.
(c) Anna Cleveland.
(d) Jean Marie Faircloth.
3. With which religious denomination did MacArthur affiliate?
4. What happened when MacArthur was given command of a company at Leavenworth?
(a) They became the highest rated company.
(b) He realized he didn't like leading others.
(c) The company received a high number of demerits.
(d) The company rebelled and would not obey him.
5. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Thanksgiving Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose was MacArthur's 42nd group, positioned at Nancy during World War I, destined to be used?
2. As a fifty-four year old man, who did MacArthur fear would learn about his Eurasian girlfriend?
3. What did the plebes gain once MacArthur restructured the program and routine at West Point that they had not had before?
4. Who did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. marry?
5. During his early childhood in the west, by whom were Douglas MacArthur and his brother schooled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s conflict with President Taft?
2. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
3. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
4. Discuss MacArthur's years as Chief of Staff.
5. What was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s military career like once the Civil War ended?
6. What happened to bring MacArthur back into active duty?
7. Discuss MacArthur's military career.
8. What was MacArthur's early military career like?
9. What did MacArthur fail to do immediately after Pearl Harbor?
10. What led to MacArthur's resignation from the active duty in 1937?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)