|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the Philippines became independent, what job did MacArthur want there?
(b) High commissioner.
2. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
(a) Dugout Doug.
(c) Uncle Mac.
(d) General Mac.
3. During his early childhood in the west, by whom were Douglas MacArthur and his brother schooled?
(a) A Baptist missionary.
(b) A Quaker teacher form England.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their mother.
4. Under whose command was the Rainbow Division in which MacArthur fought during World War I?
(a) General John J. Pershing.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Lord Mountbatten of Britain.
5. When MacArthur returned to active duty in 1941 and was made lieutenant general and put in charge of the troops in the Pacific, how much money was allotted to him to use for the defense of the Philippines?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Two million dollars.
(c) One billion dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
2. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
3. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
4. Who moved in with MacArthur once he accepted the position at West Point?
5. As a fifty-four year old man, who did MacArthur fear would learn about his Eurasian girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What military action did the Japanese take in the Philippines after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
2. What were MacArthur's religious beliefs?
3. What happened to bring MacArthur back into active duty?
4. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
5. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
6. What was the war in France like when MacArthur arrived in Europe during World War I?
7. What were some of MacArthur's weaknesses?
8. Where did the MacArthur family go once they left the Philippines, and what happened during their journey there?
9. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
10. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)