|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Japanese bombed Corregidor, where did the MacArthurs seek refuge on the besieged island?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In the basement of a school.
(c) In the basement of a prison.
(d) In a tunnel.
2. What happened during the MacArthur family journey by sea away from the Philippines?
(a) They all got malaria.
(b) They encountered a German submarine.
(c) They encountered the Japanese and narrowly escaped.
(d) The ship sprung a leak and nearly sunk.
3. In what famous Civil War battle did Douglas MacArthur's father fight in November 1863?
(b) Missionary Ridge.
4. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
(a) Twenty nine.
(c) Forty two.
(d) Thirty eight.
5. To what rank did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. get promoted by age nineteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
2. What did MacArthur expand the West Point curriculum to include?
3. Why did MacArthur have to testify at a Congressional investigation about his experience at West Point?
4. What was the profession of MacArthur's grandfather, Arthur Sr.?
5. Who did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Christmas like for the MacArthur family in 1941?
2. At the beginning of the Korean War, what factors were against the American troops?
3. Why did wealthy Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese during World War II?
4. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
5. What kind of government did José Laurel establish in the Philippines during the war, and how did MacArthur feel about this government?
6. Who was MacArthur's second wife and how did his second marriage differ from his first?
7. How did MacArthur deal with the issue of Filipinos who had collaborated with the Japanese?
8. What was the status of women in Japanese society when the Japanese surrendered and ended World War II?
9. What were some of the gifts the American public gave the MacArthurs once General MacArthur returned home after being dismissed from the Army?
10. What changes in Korea in the late 1940's indicated that a war might be imminent?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)