|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
(a) The crusaders from the Middle Ages.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) The Pope.
2. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
(a) The Liberator.
(b) King Mac.
(c) The Tall White Chief.
(d) General MacArthur the Younger.
3. What made MacArthur's first three weeks at West Point extremely difficult?
(a) Food poisoning.
4. What sports did MacArthur play during his four years at West Point?
(a) Basketball and softball.
(b) Baseball and football.
(c) Soccer and tennis.
(d) Cricket and croquet.
5. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was MacArthur married?
2. How old was MacArthur when he died?
3. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
4. What Filipino dignitaries were named as godparents for MacArthur's son, Arthur MacArthur IV?
5. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss MacArthur's years as Chief of Staff.
2. What were the experiences of Arthur MacArthur, Jr. during the Civil War?
3. Where did the MacArthur family go once they left the Philippines, and what happened during their journey there?
4. What military action did the Japanese take in the Philippines after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
5. What caused Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s conflict with President Taft?
6. How did MacArthur begin to distinguish himself in the Army?
7. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
8. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
9. What was the war in France like when MacArthur arrived in Europe during World War I?
10. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)