|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which ancient world leader did some people compare MacArthur?
(a) Gengis Khan.
(b) Attila the Hun.
(d) Alexander the Great.
2. What was the name of MacArthur's first wife?
(a) Jeanette Edmonds.
(b) Laurel Marie Zimmerman.
(c) Henriette Louise Cromwell Brooks.
(d) Sheila Nathan.
3. While MacArthur was fighting in Europe during World War I, who was trying to get him promoted back in the States?
(a) His state senator.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife Louise.
(d) His mother Pinky.
4. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
(a) The Banana Plans.
(b) Operation Islander.
(c) Operation Big Gun.
(d) The Orange Plans.
5. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
(a) May 2, 1910.
(b) September 8, 1895.
(c) June 13, 1899.
(d) April 15, 1917.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
2. Who accidentally took MacArthur prisoner at one point during World War I?
3. What did the Filipino first lady give MacArthur on August 24, 1936, making him a field marshal?
4. To where did MacArthur and his family go when they left Corregidor?
5. What did MacArthur blow up to prevent the Japanese from advancing to Manila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
2. What was NSC-68 and how might public knowledge of it have prevented the Korean War?
3. What was Operation Ketsu-Go?
4. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
5. What caused MacArthur's death?
6. Who wanted MacArthur to run for President against Roosevelt in 1944 and how did MacArthur claim to feel about politics at that time?
7. How did MacArthur demonstrate his knowledge of the Japanese culture and thinking in his treatment of the Japanese after their surrender?
8. What were MacArthur's experiences at West Point?
9. What problems did the US public and the US military have with maps of the Pacific during World War II?
10. How did the American infantry differ from the German and Japanese infantry during World War II?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)