|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
2. In what famous Civil War battle did Douglas MacArthur's father fight in November 1863?
(a) Missionary Ridge.
3. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
(a) September 8, 1895.
(b) May 2, 1910.
(c) April 15, 1917.
(d) June 13, 1899.
4. How soon after the December 7th attack on Pearl Harbor were the Japanese on the ground in the Philippines?
(a) Within two days.
(b) Within two months.
(c) By New Year's.
(d) By Christmas.
5. What sports did MacArthur play during his four years at West Point?
(a) Basketball and softball.
(b) Cricket and croquet.
(c) Soccer and tennis.
(d) Baseball and football.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disagreement led to MacArthur's resignation from the Army's active list on December 31, 1937?
2. What kind of father was Douglas MacArthur?
3. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
4. Of what place was Arthur MacArthur, Jr. made military governor in 1900?
5. Who accidentally took MacArthur prisoner at one point during World War I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did MacArthur fail to do immediately after Pearl Harbor?
2. What was MacArthur's mother Pinky doing in the States while he was fighting in World War I?
3. Where did the MacArthur family go once they left the Philippines, and what happened during their journey there?
4. What was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s military career like once the Civil War ended?
5. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
6. How did MacArthur begin to distinguish himself in the Army?
7. What caused Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s conflict with President Taft?
8. What were the experiences of Arthur MacArthur, Jr. during the Civil War?
9. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
10. What were MacArthur's religious beliefs?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)