|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon after the December 7th attack on Pearl Harbor were the Japanese on the ground in the Philippines?
(a) By New Year's.
(b) Within two days.
(c) By Christmas.
(d) Within two months.
2. What was MacArthur's class standing upon graduation from West Point?
(a) He barely passed his final semester.
(b) He graduated at the top of his class.
(c) He graduated third in his class.
(d) He graduated fifth in his class.
3. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Spain and Greece.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and Italy.
(d) Poland and Hungary.
4. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he accepted his West Point appointment?
(c) Brigadier general.
5. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
(a) Operation Islander.
(b) The Orange Plans.
(c) Operation Big Gun.
(d) The Banana Plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. marry?
2. During what event did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. die?
3. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
4. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
5. What happened when MacArthur was given command of a company at Leavenworth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the MacArthur family go once they left the Philippines, and what happened during their journey there?
2. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
3. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
4. What was the war in France like when MacArthur arrived in Europe during World War I?
5. What did MacArthur fail to do immediately after Pearl Harbor?
6. What were some of MacArthur's weaknesses?
7. Discuss MacArthur's years as Chief of Staff.
8. What led to MacArthur's resignation from the active duty in 1937?
9. What happened to bring MacArthur back into active duty?
10. What was MacArthur's mother Pinky doing in the States while he was fighting in World War I?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)