|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did MacArthur want to be seen and treated by others?
(a) He wanted to be respected.
(b) He wanted to be considered superior to others.
(c) He wanted to be left alone.
(d) He wanted to be revered.
2. When the Japanese attacked the Philippines, what happened to the United States air fleet stationed there?
(a) It was bombed but it was able to repel the Japanese.
(b) Most of it was destroyed.
(c) It malfunctioned.
(d) It fled to Australia.
3. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
(a) The Tall White Chief.
(b) King Mac.
(c) General MacArthur the Younger.
(d) The Liberator.
4. For what purpose was MacArthur's 42nd group, positioned at Nancy during World War I, destined to be used?
(a) As spies.
(b) As replacements.
(c) As guinea pigs for chemical experiments.
(d) As ambulance drivers.
5. Who was MacArthur's first year roommate at West Point?
(a) David Swenson.
(b) Arthur P.S. Hyde.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Jonathan Claremont.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of remaining at headquarters as he was supposed to, what did MacArthur do during the first big battle near Reims?
2. How often did MacArthur attend church?
3. When did Douglas MacArthur sail for Europe to join World War I?
4. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
5. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did American code-breakers contribute to the war effort in the Pacific?
2. What kind of government did José Laurel establish in the Philippines during the war, and how did MacArthur feel about this government?
3. Who was MacArthur's second wife and how did his second marriage differ from his first?
4. Discuss MacArthur's military career.
5. What was MacArthur's early military career like?
6. What changes in Korea in the late 1940's indicated that a war might be imminent?
7. How did MacArthur befuddle the Japanese forces at Rabaul, and how did his unexpected behavior affect the Japanese?
8. What led to MacArthur's resignation from the active duty in 1937?
9. What was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s military career like once the Civil War ended?
10. What kind of authority did MacArthur have in Japan after the surrender of Hirohito?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)