|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of his family accompanied MacArthur to the Philippines?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
2. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
(a) May 2, 1910.
(b) April 15, 1917.
(c) June 13, 1899.
(d) September 8, 1895.
3. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
(a) Anna Cleveland.
(b) Mary Jones.
(c) Jean Marie Faircloth.
(d) Sylvia Cunningham.
4. While MacArthur was fighting in Europe during World War I, who was trying to get him promoted back in the States?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife Louise.
(c) His mother Pinky.
(d) His state senator.
5. What happened when MacArthur was given command of a company at Leavenworth?
(a) The company received a high number of demerits.
(b) He realized he didn't like leading others.
(c) The company rebelled and would not obey him.
(d) They became the highest rated company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MacArthur expand the West Point curriculum to include?
2. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
3. In breaking through the Hindenburg Line during the strategic battle of Cote-de-Chatillon, how many men did the Rainbow Division lose?
4. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
5. What military honor did MacArthur's father earn for his service during the Civil War?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss MacArthur's military career.
2. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
3. What were the experiences of Arthur MacArthur, Jr. during the Civil War?
4. Who was MacArthur's second wife and how did his second marriage differ from his first?
5. What caused Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s conflict with President Taft?
6. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
7. Who was Isabel Rosario Cooper?
8. What were some of the rumors that surrounded MacArthur?
9. What were some of MacArthur's weaknesses?
10. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)