|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacArthur blow up to prevent the Japanese from advancing to Manila?
(c) Railroad stations.
(d) The Manila harbor.
2. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The crusaders from the Middle Ages.
(d) Billy Graham.
3. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
(a) Operation Big Gun.
(b) Operation Islander.
(c) The Banana Plans.
(d) The Orange Plans.
4. To what rank did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. get promoted by age nineteen?
5. What made MacArthur's first three weeks at West Point extremely difficult?
(a) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
2. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
3. Which member of his family accompanied MacArthur to the Philippines?
4. How many medals did MacArthur receive during the course of his career?
5. What was the profession of MacArthur's grandfather, Arthur Sr.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the rumors that surrounded MacArthur?
2. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
3. Discuss MacArthur's years as Chief of Staff.
4. What was MacArthur's early military career like?
5. What was the war in France like when MacArthur arrived in Europe during World War I?
6. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
7. What did MacArthur fail to do immediately after Pearl Harbor?
8. What were MacArthur's religious beliefs?
9. What military action did the Japanese take in the Philippines after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
10. Who was MacArthur's second wife and how did his second marriage differ from his first?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)