|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
2. How old was MacArthur when he died?
(b) Eighty four.
(c) Sixty two.
3. Who did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. marry?
(a) Janice Morton.
(b) Mary Pinky Hardy.
(c) Carrie Stephenson.
(d) Eleanor Carlisle.
4. What did the plebes gain once MacArthur restructured the program and routine at West Point that they had not had before?
(a) Sports teams and a band.
(b) Television sets and radios.
(c) Spending money and weekend passes.
(d) New uniforms.
5. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) That such an attack was inevitable.
(b) That such an attack was probable.
(c) That such an attack was possible but not likely.
(d) That such an attack would not happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Filipino dignitaries were named as godparents for MacArthur's son, Arthur MacArthur IV?
2. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
3. During his early childhood in the west, by whom were Douglas MacArthur and his brother schooled?
4. What did MacArthur blow up to prevent the Japanese from advancing to Manila?
5. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he accepted his West Point appointment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was MacArthur's first wife and why did the marriage end?
2. How did MacArthur distinguish himself in battle and advance his military career in World War I?
3. What were some of the rumors that surrounded MacArthur?
4. Which of MacArthur's actions in World War I indicated that he did not always do what he was ordered to do?
5. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
6. What led to MacArthur's resignation from the active duty in 1937?
7. What did MacArthur fail to do immediately after Pearl Harbor?
8. What was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s military career like once the Civil War ended?
9. Where did the MacArthur family go once they left the Philippines, and what happened during their journey there?
10. What military action did the Japanese take in the Philippines after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)