|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was MacArthur's class standing upon graduation from West Point?
(a) He barely passed his final semester.
(b) He graduated fifth in his class.
(c) He graduated at the top of his class.
(d) He graduated third in his class.
2. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) That such an attack was inevitable.
(b) That such an attack was possible but not likely.
(c) That such an attack would not happen.
(d) That such an attack was probable.
3. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Thanksgiving Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
4. What job did MacArthur get in the Philippines instead of the one he wanted?
(a) Police commissioner.
(b) Lieutenant governor.
(c) Military adviser.
5. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he refused his West Point appointment?
Short Answer Questions
1. While MacArthur was fighting in Europe during World War I, who was trying to get him promoted back in the States?
2. Once the Philippines became independent, what job did MacArthur want there?
3. Where did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. serve in the army after the Civil War ended?
4. To which ancient world leader did some people compare MacArthur?
5. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did General Pershing give MacArthur once World War I ended?
2. What were some of the rumors that surrounded MacArthur?
3. What was Douglas MacArthur's childhood like?
4. What were the experiences of Arthur MacArthur, Jr. during the Civil War?
5. Discuss the MacArthur family history.
6. How did MacArthur begin to distinguish himself in the Army?
7. What caused Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s conflict with President Taft?
8. What military action did the Japanese take in the Philippines after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
9. What was MacArthur's role in the Philippines once it was made a commonwealth in 1946?
10. Who was MacArthur's second wife and how did his second marriage differ from his first?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)