|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Japanese do to punish Filipino guerrillas who fought against them?
(a) They imprisoned them for life.
(b) They beheaded them in public.
(c) They sent them to the front line to fight for Japan.
(d) They shot them in public.
2. What type of rifle did the Japanese infantry use during World War II?
(a) A Winchester rifle.
(b) A Springfield rifle.
(c) A 7.7-millimeter Arisaka rifle.
(d) A Toyoki rifle.
3. How did the media and the public respond once MacArthur broke through the blockade?
(a) They adored him and he became extremely popular.
(b) They criticized his methods.
(c) They hated him.
(d) They shunned him.
4. How did MacArthur see the war in the Pacific?
(a) As a war of supply protected by air.
(b) As a German plan to distract the U.S. from Europe.
(c) As a way to increase U.S. territory in the Pacific.
(d) As a war of infantry.
5. What was MacArthur's goal for Korea?
(a) To keep communism out of South Korea.
(b) To keep the Chinese out of it.
(c) To unite North and South Korea as one nation.
(d) To take it over for the United States.
6. Which Navy admiral did MacArthur admire?
7. Why did Americans at home during World War II have trouble following the war in the Pacific?
(a) No reporters were allowed near the war.
(b) They were ignorant of its geography.
(c) Television had not yet been invented.
(d) There was poor radio reception from that area.
8. For which people in the Pacific was MacArthur committed to bringing freedom?
(a) All people in the Pacific.
9. To whom did MacArthur give the vote in Japan?
(a) Japanese teenagers.
(b) Japanese women.
(c) Immigrants from the Philippines.
(d) Japanese men.
10. How did The United Nations Security Council respond to the invasion of South Korea by North Korea?
(a) They supported the invasion.
(b) They condemned the aggression.
(c) They imposed economic sanctions on both Koreas.
(d) They ignored the conflict.
11. Who was the Japanese commander of the Philippine defenses?
(a) Lieutenant General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
(b) Lieutenant General Yamaga.
(c) General Mayaki Komo.
(d) General Mashita.
12. Which Filipino leader formed a pro-Japanese regime and declared war on the United States and Great Britain?
(a) Jose Laurel.
(b) Felipe Garcia.
(c) Manuel Roxas.
(d) Manuel Quezon.
13. With which Navy admiral did MacArthur frequently come into conflict?
14. After the surrender of the Japanese, how did MacArthur address the citizens of the United States to inform them that the world was at peace?
(a) Via television satellite.
(b) Via telegraph.
(c) Via radio.
(d) Via a telegram.
15. What was the public reaction when MacArthur was dismissed?
(a) The public rejoiced.
(b) The public wanted MacArthur put on trial.
(c) Some approved, but some wanted to impeach Truman.
(d) The public was outraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title was MacArthur given on April 18, 1942?
2. What did critics of MacArthur claim?
3. What factors helped the Japanese succeed in the Pacific during World War II?
4. At the end of the Korean War, where was the line between North and South Korea?
5. How many Japanese lined the route to the airport when the MacArthurs departed from Tokyo in 1951?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)