|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe the opinions of MacArthur and the Joint Chiefs of Staff about policy in Korea?
(a) MacArthur and the Joint Chiefs of Staff disagreed.
(b) MacArthur wanted the U.S. position strengthened.
(c) MacArthur and the Joint Chiefs of Staff agreed.
(d) The Joint Chiefs wanted to keep the current policy.
2. When did the communist invasion of South Korea and fighting between North and South Korea begin?
(a) March 13, 1953.
(b) October 8, 1960.
(c) February 12, 1959.
(d) July 24, 1950.
3. Who did Quezon designate as his successor as president of the Philippines should he and Osmeña be killed during their flight to Australia?
(a) Manuel Roxas.
(b) General MacArthur.
(c) Felipe Garcia.
(d) Jose Laurel.
4. How did The United Nations Security Council respond to the invasion of South Korea by North Korea?
(a) They ignored the conflict.
(b) They imposed economic sanctions on both Koreas.
(c) They condemned the aggression.
(d) They supported the invasion.
5. What nickname did Jean MacArthur use for her husband in her letters to him?
(b) Sir Boss.
6. When was the Korean armistice signed?
(a) July 7, 1952.
(b) April 12, 1959.
(c) January 10, 1953.
(d) April 1, 1958.
7. Of what disease did Quezon, the Philippine president die?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
8. Who did President Truman appoint as Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers (SCAP) in Japan?
9. What did the Japanese people think of MacArthur?
(a) They thought he was a powerful enemy.
(b) They respected his intellect but hated him.
(c) They hated him.
(d) He was popular with them.
10. Who was the Japanese commander of the Philippine defenses?
(a) Lieutenant General Yamaga.
(b) General Mashita.
(c) General Mayaki Komo.
(d) Lieutenant General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
11. What was the public reaction when MacArthur was dismissed?
(a) The public wanted MacArthur put on trial.
(b) Some approved, but some wanted to impeach Truman.
(c) The public was outraged.
(d) The public rejoiced.
12. For which people in the Pacific was MacArthur committed to bringing freedom?
(d) All people in the Pacific.
13. Why did the government officials decide to remove MacArthur from command in Korea?
(a) He was needed more in Germany.
(b) He got shot and was physically disabled.
(c) He was losing the war.
(d) He ignored the President and asked China to surrender.
14. With which Navy admiral did MacArthur frequently come into conflict?
15. What Japanese government document did MacArthur help write?
(a) A new tax law.
(b) A trade agreement with the United Nations.
(c) A peace treaty with America.
(d) A new constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Navy admiral did MacArthur admire?
2. What did the Japanese soldiers on Rabaul prefer to do rather than surrender to the Americans?
3. What was MacArthur instructed to do for the South Koreans when the Korean War erupted?
4. How did MacArthur treat Manuel Roxas, a known Japanese collaborator, after liberating the Philippines from Japanese rule?
5. What did the Japanese do to punish Filipino guerrillas who fought against them?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)