Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't MacArthur think China could conduct a war in Korea?
(a) China didn't want Korea.
(b) China lacked the funds for a war.
(c) China didn't have enough soldiers for war.
(d) China lacked the industrial capacity to conduct a war.
2. How many reporters accompanied MacArthur to South Korea on his first trip there during the war?
(a) One dozen.
3. Why did MacArthur fly to Seoul On August 15, 1948?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) For his wife's birthday.
(c) The South Koreans gave him a victory parade.
(d) The South Korean president was being inaugurated.
4. Why did upper class Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese?
(a) They preferred the Japanese to the Americans.
(b) They wanted the war to end as soon as possible.
(c) They feared losing their privileged lifestyle if they didn't.
(d) They were Japanese in heritage.
5. Who was Ah Cheu?
(a) The Cantonese amah or nanny of MacArthur's son.
(b) MacArthur's Japanese girlfriend.
(c) A Japanese general.
(d) A Filipino guerilla leader.
6. When the South Koreans sustained heavy losses at Yalu, troops from which nation were identified as having helped the North Koreans in battle?
7. When did the communist invasion of South Korea and fighting between North and South Korea begin?
(a) February 12, 1959.
(b) July 24, 1950.
(c) October 8, 1960.
(d) March 13, 1953.
8. What did MacArthur tell the press would happen in Korea if he didn't receive more troops?
(a) The North Koreans would win.
(b) He would resign.
(c) The Korean situation would end in a stalemate.
(d) The Chinese would invade.
9. What nickname did Jean MacArthur use for her husband in her letters to him?
(d) Sir Boss.
10. Since the Filipino schools had been demolished during the Japanese occupation, who did the MacArthurs hire to teach Arthur upon their return to the islands?
(a) An American soldier who was once a teacher.
(b) A former Filipino teacher.
(c) A private English teacher, Mrs. Phyllis Gibbons.
(d) An Australian soldier who was once a teacher.
11. How many days after the surrender of the Japanese did MacArthur enter Tokyo?
(a) Six days.
(b) One day.
(c) Eighty days.
(d) Ten days.
12. How did MacArthur see the war in the Pacific?
(a) As a war of infantry.
(b) As a war of supply protected by air.
(c) As a German plan to distract the U.S. from Europe.
(d) As a way to increase U.S. territory in the Pacific.
13. After capturing Seoul, what kind of reforms did MacArthur want to establish there?
(a) Military reforms.
(b) Economic reforms.
(c) Industrial reforms.
(d) Democratic reforms like he brought to the Philippines.
14. How did MacArthur treat Manuel Roxas, a known Japanese collaborator, after liberating the Philippines from Japanese rule?
(a) He exonerated Roxas.
(b) He imprisoned Roxas.
(c) He exiled Roxas.
(d) He executed Roxas.
15. Who won the battle at Inchon and Min Gun?
(a) The North Koreans.
(b) The Chinese.
(c) The Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did The United Nations Security Council respond to the invasion of South Korea by North Korea?
2. What factors helped the Japanese succeed in the Pacific during World War II?
3. Who did Quezon designate as his successor as president of the Philippines should he and Osmeña be killed during their flight to Australia?
4. To whom did MacArthur give the vote in Japan?
5. On which political party ticket did people begin to talk about MacArthur running for President as he began to succeed against the Japanese in the Pacific?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)