|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Navy admiral did MacArthur admire?
2. Why did the government officials decide to remove MacArthur from command in Korea?
(a) He was needed more in Germany.
(b) He ignored the President and asked China to surrender.
(c) He was losing the war.
(d) He got shot and was physically disabled.
3. What did MacArthur tell the press would happen in Korea if he didn't receive more troops?
(a) The Korean situation would end in a stalemate.
(b) The North Koreans would win.
(c) He would resign.
(d) The Chinese would invade.
4. What was Dai Ichi?
(a) MacArthur's headquarters in Japan.
(b) A city in the Philippines occupied by the Americans.
(c) A city in Japan.
(d) MacArthur's Japanese butler.
5. To whom did MacArthur give the vote in Japan?
(a) Japanese men.
(b) Japanese women.
(c) Japanese teenagers.
(d) Immigrants from the Philippines.
6. What was the public reaction when MacArthur was dismissed?
(a) Some approved, but some wanted to impeach Truman.
(b) The public was outraged.
(c) The public rejoiced.
(d) The public wanted MacArthur put on trial.
7. Who was the Japanese commander of the Philippine defenses?
(a) Lieutenant General Yamaga.
(b) Lieutenant General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
(c) General Mayaki Komo.
(d) General Mashita.
8. Why didn't MacArthur think China could conduct a war in Korea?
(a) China didn't want Korea.
(b) China lacked the funds for a war.
(c) China didn't have enough soldiers for war.
(d) China lacked the industrial capacity to conduct a war.
9. According to the United States public polls after World War II, MacArthur was second in popularity to?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Clark Gable.
10. How did The United Nations Security Council respond to the invasion of South Korea by North Korea?
(a) They imposed economic sanctions on both Koreas.
(b) They condemned the aggression.
(c) They supported the invasion.
(d) They ignored the conflict.
11. Who did Quezon designate as his successor as president of the Philippines should he and Osmeña be killed during their flight to Australia?
(a) General MacArthur.
(b) Manuel Roxas.
(c) Jose Laurel.
(d) Felipe Garcia.
12. When did MacArthur return to the Rock after having to flee it when the Japanese attacked in 1941?
(a) August 7, 1948.
(b) June 15, 1950.
(c) March 2, 1944.
(d) October 3, 1945.
13. Which of the following is not a problem MacArthur had with maps of the Pacific during World War II?
(a) They started the war using 18th century charts.
(b) The maps were in black and white rather than color.
(c) There weren't many maps available.
(d) They had to capture enemy maps to know where they were.
14. How many Americans were MacArthur ordered to evacuate from South Korea once the communists invaded?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) One million.
(d) Five thousand.
15. Why did upper class Filipinos collaborate with the Japanese?
(a) They wanted the war to end as soon as possible.
(b) They were Japanese in heritage.
(c) They preferred the Japanese to the Americans.
(d) They feared losing their privileged lifestyle if they didn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was MacArthur's greatest friend and confidante during the war, the person with whom he spent as much time as possible?
2. When was the Korean armistice signed?
3. When did the communist invasion of South Korea and fighting between North and South Korea begin?
4. Which Filipino leader formed a pro-Japanese regime and declared war on the United States and Great Britain?
5. For whom did the 400,000 Japanese soldiers occupying the Philippines in 1944 think it would be a supreme honor to die in battle?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)