|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moved in with MacArthur once he accepted the position at West Point?
(a) His mother Pinky.
(b) His brother Arthur.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His Eurasian girlfriend.
2. Who accidentally took MacArthur prisoner at one point during World War I?
(a) The British.
(b) The Canadians.
(c) Another American division that quickly released him.
(d) The Australians.
3. What was MacArthur's class standing upon graduation from West Point?
(a) He graduated fifth in his class.
(b) He graduated at the top of his class.
(c) He graduated third in his class.
(d) He barely passed his final semester.
4. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
(a) Sylvia Cunningham.
(b) Jean Marie Faircloth.
(c) Mary Jones.
(d) Anna Cleveland.
5. How did MacArthur want to be seen and treated by others?
(a) He wanted to be revered.
(b) He wanted to be considered superior to others.
(c) He wanted to be left alone.
(d) He wanted to be respected.
6. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
7. During what event did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. die?
(a) His daughter's wedding.
(b) A reunion of Gettysburg survivors.
(c) His grandson's baptism.
(d) A reunion of Missionary Ridge survivors.
8. What did the Filipino first lady give MacArthur on August 24, 1936, making him a field marshal?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A gold baton.
(c) A blue and white medal.
(d) A silver sword.
9. Who opposed MacArthur's first marriage?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) MacArthur's grandfather.
(c) MacArthur's mother Pinky.
(d) MacArthur's commanding officer.
10. Who wanted MacArthur to resign from the army?
(a) His mother Pinky.
(b) His Eurasian girlfriend.
(c) His wife Louise and her family.
(d) The president.
11. What renowned former Presidents were MacArthur's heroes?
(a) Harding and Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) Washington and Lincoln.
(c) Jefferson and Grant.
(d) Jefferson and Adams.
12. Which member of his family accompanied MacArthur to the Philippines?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
13. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
(a) September 8, 1895.
(b) April 15, 1917.
(c) June 13, 1899.
(d) May 2, 1910.
14. Of what brigade was MacArthur made the permanent commander during World War I?
(a) The 84th brigade.
(b) The 99th brigade.
(c) The 18th brigade.
(d) The 22nd brigade.
15. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Poland and Hungary.
(b) Spain and Greece.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Germany and Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
2. How old was MacArthur when he died?
3. What Filipino dignitaries were named as godparents for MacArthur's son, Arthur MacArthur IV?
4. What was strictly forbidden at West Point once MacArthur accepted his position there?
5. What did the plebes gain once MacArthur restructured the program and routine at West Point that they had not had before?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)