|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
(a) Harry Truman.
(b) Carlton Reynolds.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Jerry Overstreet.
2. How many medals did MacArthur receive during the course of his career?
(c) Twenty two.
3. To what office at West Point did Pershing appoint MacArthur after World War I?
(c) Assistant Professor.
4. What did the Filipino first lady give MacArthur on August 24, 1936, making him a field marshal?
(a) A silver sword.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A blue and white medal.
(d) A gold baton.
5. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
(a) More than eight hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Three hours.
6. To what division of the Army was MacArthur first assigned when he finished at West Point as a second lieutenant?
(a) The medical corps.
(b) The Corps of Engineers.
(c) The cavalry.
(d) The motor pool.
7. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gas mask.
(c) A sword.
(d) A rifle.
8. Who moved in with MacArthur once he accepted the position at West Point?
(a) His mother Pinky.
(b) His Eurasian girlfriend.
(c) His brother Arthur.
(d) His grandmother.
9. What sports did MacArthur play during his four years at West Point?
(a) Baseball and football.
(b) Soccer and tennis.
(c) Basketball and softball.
(d) Cricket and croquet.
10. Who was MacArthur's first year roommate at West Point?
(a) Jonathan Claremont.
(b) David Swenson.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Arthur P.S. Hyde.
11. What made MacArthur's first three weeks at West Point extremely difficult?
(b) Food poisoning.
12. When MacArthur returned to active duty in 1941 and was made lieutenant general and put in charge of the troops in the Pacific, how much money was allotted to him to use for the defense of the Philippines?
(a) One billion dollars.
(b) Ten million dollars.
(c) Two million dollars.
(d) Three hundred thousand dollars.
13. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
(a) Jean Marie Faircloth.
(b) Mary Jones.
(c) Sylvia Cunningham.
(d) Anna Cleveland.
14. How did MacArthur want to be seen and treated by others?
(a) He wanted to be considered superior to others.
(b) He wanted to be respected.
(c) He wanted to be left alone.
(d) He wanted to be revered.
15. As a fifty-four year old man, who did MacArthur fear would learn about his Eurasian girlfriend?
(a) His mother.
(b) The President.
(c) The press.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whose command was the Rainbow Division in which MacArthur fought during World War I?
2. What job did MacArthur get in the Philippines instead of the one he wanted?
3. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
4. From where was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s bride?
5. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)