|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of warfare was being fought in France in 1914?
(a) Aerial warefare.
(b) Naval warfare.
(c) Nuclear warfare.
(d) Trench warfare.
2. How did MacArthur want to be seen and treated by others?
(a) He wanted to be considered superior to others.
(b) He wanted to be respected.
(c) He wanted to be revered.
(d) He wanted to be left alone.
3. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A gas mask.
(c) A sword.
(d) A knife.
4. What renowned former Presidents were MacArthur's heroes?
(a) Jefferson and Adams.
(b) Harding and Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) Jefferson and Grant.
(d) Washington and Lincoln.
5. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
(a) September 8, 1895.
(b) April 15, 1917.
(c) May 2, 1910.
(d) June 13, 1899.
6. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
(a) At Essey.
(b) At Normandy.
(c) At Dunkirk.
(d) At Paris.
7. Once the Philippines became independent, what job did MacArthur want there?
(b) High commissioner.
8. During his early childhood in the west, by whom were Douglas MacArthur and his brother schooled?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) A Baptist missionary.
(c) Their mother.
(d) A Quaker teacher form England.
9. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Eve.
10. Why did MacArthur have to testify at a Congressional investigation about his experience at West Point?
(a) He was involved in a scandal involving theft.
(b) He witnessed an act of cheating at the school.
(c) Another student shot an instructor.
(d) Another plebe died from an act of hazing.
11. When was Douglas MacArthur born?
(a) December 4, 1897.
(b) January 26, 1880.
(c) April 12, 1885.
(d) June 15, 1900.
12. From where was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s bride?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
13. Who accidentally took MacArthur prisoner at one point during World War I?
(a) The Australians.
(b) Another American division that quickly released him.
(c) The Canadians.
(d) The British.
14. Who moved in with MacArthur once he accepted the position at West Point?
(a) His Eurasian girlfriend.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His brother Arthur.
(d) His mother Pinky.
15. With which religious denomination did MacArthur affiliate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
2. To what office at West Point did Pershing appoint MacArthur after World War I?
3. When MacArthur returned to active duty in 1941 and was made lieutenant general and put in charge of the troops in the Pacific, how much money was allotted to him to use for the defense of the Philippines?
4. What was strictly forbidden at West Point once MacArthur accepted his position there?
5. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)