|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Japanese bombed Corregidor, where did the MacArthurs seek refuge on the besieged island?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In the basement of a prison.
(c) In a tunnel.
(d) In the basement of a school.
2. To where did MacArthur and his family go when they left Corregidor?
(b) New York.
3. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
4. How many times was MacArthur married?
(b) Three times.
5. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
6. In how many wars did MacArthur serve?
7. In breaking through the Hindenburg Line during the strategic battle of Cote-de-Chatillon, how many men did the Rainbow Division lose?
(b) Four thousand.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Ten thousand.
8. What did MacArthur expand the West Point curriculum to include?
(b) Art and drama.
(c) More traditional academic subjects.
9. How did MacArthur want to be seen and treated by others?
(a) He wanted to be considered superior to others.
(b) He wanted to be respected.
(c) He wanted to be revered.
(d) He wanted to be left alone.
10. When the Japanese attacked the Philippines, what happened to the United States air fleet stationed there?
(a) Most of it was destroyed.
(b) It malfunctioned.
(c) It fled to Australia.
(d) It was bombed but it was able to repel the Japanese.
11. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he refused his West Point appointment?
12. Once MacArthur became Chief of Staff in 1930 and moved to Washington, what did he work on during the New Deal administration?
(a) The military defense budget.
(b) A new secret weapon.
(c) Increasing the enlistment to the army.
(d) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
13. In what famous Civil War battle did Douglas MacArthur's father fight in November 1863?
(b) Missionary Ridge.
14. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) More than eight hours.
(d) Two days.
15. To what office at West Point did Pershing appoint MacArthur after World War I?
(c) Assistant Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many medals did MacArthur receive during the course of his career?
2. When was Douglas MacArthur born?
3. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
4. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
5. Of what brigade was MacArthur made the permanent commander during World War I?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)