|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the plebes gain once MacArthur restructured the program and routine at West Point that they had not had before?
(a) New uniforms.
(b) Sports teams and a band.
(c) Television sets and radios.
(d) Spending money and weekend passes.
2. When was Douglas MacArthur born?
(a) April 12, 1885.
(b) June 15, 1900.
(c) December 4, 1897.
(d) January 26, 1880.
3. What disagreement led to MacArthur's resignation from the Army's active list on December 31, 1937?
(a) Disagreement over his relationship with Quezon.
(b) Disagreement over his rank.
(c) Disagreement over his salary.
(d) Disagreement over his militarization of the Philippines.
4. What was the profession of MacArthur's grandfather, Arthur Sr.?
(a) He was a sailor.
(b) He was a preacher.
(c) He was a blacksmith.
(d) He was a judge.
5. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Germany and Italy.
(b) Poland and Hungary.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Spain and Greece.
6. Who did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. marry?
(a) Mary Pinky Hardy.
(b) Carrie Stephenson.
(c) Eleanor Carlisle.
(d) Janice Morton.
7. In what year was The Philippines made an independent commonwealth?
8. What happened during the MacArthur family journey by sea away from the Philippines?
(a) They encountered the Japanese and narrowly escaped.
(b) The ship sprung a leak and nearly sunk.
(c) They encountered a German submarine.
(d) They all got malaria.
9. When MacArthur returned to active duty in 1941 and was made lieutenant general and put in charge of the troops in the Pacific, how much money was allotted to him to use for the defense of the Philippines?
(a) One billion dollars.
(b) Two million dollars.
(c) Ten million dollars.
(d) Three hundred thousand dollars.
10. What did MacArthur blow up to prevent the Japanese from advancing to Manila?
(b) Railroad stations.
(c) The Manila harbor.
11. What kind of warfare was being fought in France in 1914?
(a) Naval warfare.
(b) Trench warfare.
(c) Aerial warefare.
(d) Nuclear warfare.
12. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
(a) At Normandy.
(b) At Dunkirk.
(c) At Paris.
(d) At Essey.
13. How many medals did MacArthur receive during the course of his career?
(c) Twenty two.
14. What military honor did MacArthur's father earn for his service during the Civil War?
(a) The Purple Heart.
(b) The Iron Cross.
(c) The Medal of Honor.
(d) The Medal of Bravery.
15. For what purpose was MacArthur's 42nd group, positioned at Nancy during World War I, destined to be used?
(a) As replacements.
(b) As ambulance drivers.
(c) As guinea pigs for chemical experiments.
(d) As spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his early childhood in the west, by whom were Douglas MacArthur and his brother schooled?
2. What did MacArthur expand the West Point curriculum to include?
3. How soon after the December 7th attack on Pearl Harbor were the Japanese on the ground in the Philippines?
4. Under whose command was the Rainbow Division in which MacArthur fought during World War I?
5. How often did MacArthur attend church?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)