|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where did MacArthur and his family go when they left Corregidor?
(d) New York.
2. Under whose command was the Rainbow Division in which MacArthur fought during World War I?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Lord Mountbatten of Britain.
(c) General John J. Pershing.
(d) Harry Truman.
3. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he accepted his West Point appointment?
(c) Brigadier general.
4. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
5. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) That such an attack would not happen.
(b) That such an attack was probable.
(c) That such an attack was inevitable.
(d) That such an attack was possible but not likely.
6. When MacArthur returned to active duty in 1941 and was made lieutenant general and put in charge of the troops in the Pacific, how much money was allotted to him to use for the defense of the Philippines?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) One billion dollars.
(c) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
7. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Jerry Overstreet.
(c) Carlton Reynolds.
(d) Harry Truman.
8. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
(a) The Tall White Chief.
(b) King Mac.
(c) The Liberator.
(d) General MacArthur the Younger.
9. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
(a) The one-room school at Fort Dodge.
(b) The Austin Academy for Young Men.
(c) The West Texas Military Academy.
(d) The school on the Apache Indian reservation.
10. In what year was The Philippines made an independent commonwealth?
11. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Spain and Greece.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Poland and Hungary.
(d) Germany and Italy.
12. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
(a) After three in the morning.
(b) At noon.
(c) At four in the afternoon.
(d) At midnight.
13. Once MacArthur became Chief of Staff in 1930 and moved to Washington, what did he work on during the New Deal administration?
(a) Increasing the enlistment to the army.
(b) The military defense budget.
(c) A new secret weapon.
(d) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
14. What disagreement led to MacArthur's resignation from the Army's active list on December 31, 1937?
(a) Disagreement over his rank.
(b) Disagreement over his salary.
(c) Disagreement over his militarization of the Philippines.
(d) Disagreement over his relationship with Quezon.
15. What kind of father was Douglas MacArthur?
(a) A loving and devoted father.
(b) An overprotective father.
(c) An overly critical father.
(d) A stern father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. serve in the army after the Civil War ended?
2. Who opposed MacArthur's first marriage?
3. Of what place was Arthur MacArthur, Jr. made military governor in 1900?
4. To what rank did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. get promoted by age nineteen?
5. What kind of warfare was being fought in France in 1914?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)