Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Poland and Hungary.
(b) Germany and Italy.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Spain and Greece.
2. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
(a) Jerry Overstreet.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) Carlton Reynolds.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
3. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
(a) The Tall White Chief.
(b) General MacArthur the Younger.
(c) King Mac.
(d) The Liberator.
4. To what division of the Army was MacArthur first assigned when he finished at West Point as a second lieutenant?
(a) The Corps of Engineers.
(b) The motor pool.
(c) The medical corps.
(d) The cavalry.
5. Instead of remaining at headquarters as he was supposed to, what did MacArthur do during the first big battle near Reims?
(a) He drove to Paris to party with French actors.
(b) He fled the battlefield.
(c) He joined the troops in the trenches.
(d) He took pictures of the battle from a safe distance.
6. What Filipino dignitaries were named as godparents for MacArthur's son, Arthur MacArthur IV?
(a) John and Phoebe Onera.
(b) Manuel and Aurora Quezon.
(c) Pedro and Cecilia Garcia.
(d) Hernan and Luisa Rivera.
7. Once MacArthur became Chief of Staff in 1930 and moved to Washington, what did he work on during the New Deal administration?
(a) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(b) The military defense budget.
(c) A new secret weapon.
(d) Increasing the enlistment to the army.
8. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Two days.
(d) More than eight hours.
9. Under whose command was the Rainbow Division in which MacArthur fought during World War I?
(a) Harry Truman.
(b) Lord Mountbatten of Britain.
(c) General John J. Pershing.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
10. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
(a) At Normandy.
(b) At Paris.
(c) At Dunkirk.
(d) At Essey.
11. To what office at West Point did Pershing appoint MacArthur after World War I?
(a) Assistant Professor.
12. To what rank did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. get promoted by age nineteen?
13. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
(a) Mary Jones.
(b) Jean Marie Faircloth.
(c) Sylvia Cunningham.
(d) Anna Cleveland.
14. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A gas mask.
15. What did the Filipino first lady give MacArthur on August 24, 1936, making him a field marshal?
(a) A blue and white medal.
(b) A gold baton.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A silver sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was The Philippines made an independent commonwealth?
2. How many times was MacArthur married?
3. What happened when MacArthur was given command of a company at Leavenworth?
4. Who opposed MacArthur's first marriage?
5. During what event did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. die?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)