|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) More than eight hours.
2. With which religious denomination did MacArthur affiliate?
3. When the Japanese bombed Corregidor, where did the MacArthurs seek refuge on the besieged island?
(a) In the basement of a school.
(b) In the basement of a prison.
(c) In a tunnel.
(d) In a cave.
4. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Thanksgiving Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
5. Why did MacArthur have to testify at a Congressional investigation about his experience at West Point?
(a) Another student shot an instructor.
(b) He witnessed an act of cheating at the school.
(c) He was involved in a scandal involving theft.
(d) Another plebe died from an act of hazing.
6. What Filipino dignitaries were named as godparents for MacArthur's son, Arthur MacArthur IV?
(a) Hernan and Luisa Rivera.
(b) Pedro and Cecilia Garcia.
(c) John and Phoebe Onera.
(d) Manuel and Aurora Quezon.
7. How soon after the December 7th attack on Pearl Harbor were the Japanese on the ground in the Philippines?
(a) Within two days.
(b) By New Year's.
(c) Within two months.
(d) By Christmas.
8. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
(a) Uncle Mac.
(c) General Mac.
(d) Dugout Doug.
9. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
(a) The cavalry.
(b) The medical corps.
(c) The infantry.
(d) Military intelligence.
10. What was the profession of MacArthur's grandfather, Arthur Sr.?
(a) He was a sailor.
(b) He was a preacher.
(c) He was a blacksmith.
(d) He was a judge.
11. What did the plebes gain once MacArthur restructured the program and routine at West Point that they had not had before?
(a) Spending money and weekend passes.
(b) Sports teams and a band.
(c) Television sets and radios.
(d) New uniforms.
12. Once the Philippines became independent, what job did MacArthur want there?
(d) High commissioner.
13. What sports did MacArthur play during his four years at West Point?
(a) Baseball and football.
(b) Cricket and croquet.
(c) Soccer and tennis.
(d) Basketball and softball.
14. To where did MacArthur and his family go when they left Corregidor?
(b) New York.
15. In what famous Civil War battle did Douglas MacArthur's father fight in November 1863?
(c) Missionary Ridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
2. In what year was The Philippines made an independent commonwealth?
3. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
4. Who opposed MacArthur's first marriage?
5. What kind of father was Douglas MacArthur?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)