|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
(a) September 8, 1895.
(b) May 2, 1910.
(c) April 15, 1917.
(d) June 13, 1899.
2. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
(a) At Dunkirk.
(b) At Paris.
(c) At Normandy.
(d) At Essey.
3. During his early childhood in the west, by whom were Douglas MacArthur and his brother schooled?
(a) A Quaker teacher form England.
(b) A Baptist missionary.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their aunt.
4. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
(a) Carlton Reynolds.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) Jerry Overstreet.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
5. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
6. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
(a) Uncle Mac.
(b) General Mac.
(c) Dugout Doug.
7. To what rank did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. get promoted by age nineteen?
8. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he refused his West Point appointment?
9. Where did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. serve in the army after the Civil War ended?
(a) The Western front.
(b) For Ticonderoga.
(c) Fort Knox.
(d) Fort Niagara.
10. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
(a) Twenty nine.
(b) Forty two.
(d) Thirty eight.
11. What disagreement led to MacArthur's resignation from the Army's active list on December 31, 1937?
(a) Disagreement over his salary.
(b) Disagreement over his militarization of the Philippines.
(c) Disagreement over his relationship with Quezon.
(d) Disagreement over his rank.
12. Once MacArthur became Chief of Staff in 1930 and moved to Washington, what did he work on during the New Deal administration?
(a) A new secret weapon.
(b) Increasing the enlistment to the army.
(c) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(d) The military defense budget.
13. How soon after the December 7th attack on Pearl Harbor were the Japanese on the ground in the Philippines?
(a) By New Year's.
(b) Within two days.
(c) By Christmas.
(d) Within two months.
14. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
(a) The Austin Academy for Young Men.
(b) The one-room school at Fort Dodge.
(c) The school on the Apache Indian reservation.
(d) The West Texas Military Academy.
15. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
(a) Operation Big Gun.
(b) The Banana Plans.
(c) Operation Islander.
(d) The Orange Plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
2. What kind of father was Douglas MacArthur?
3. Once the Philippines became independent, what job did MacArthur want there?
4. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
5. Who wanted MacArthur to resign from the army?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)