|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
(a) At Paris.
(b) At Normandy.
(c) At Essey.
(d) At Dunkirk.
2. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
(a) The West Texas Military Academy.
(b) The school on the Apache Indian reservation.
(c) The one-room school at Fort Dodge.
(d) The Austin Academy for Young Men.
3. How old was MacArthur when he died?
(b) Eighty four.
(c) Sixty two.
4. What was the name of MacArthur's first wife?
(a) Laurel Marie Zimmerman.
(b) Henriette Louise Cromwell Brooks.
(c) Jeanette Edmonds.
(d) Sheila Nathan.
5. From where was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s bride?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
6. How soon after the December 7th attack on Pearl Harbor were the Japanese on the ground in the Philippines?
(a) By New Year's.
(b) Within two days.
(c) Within two months.
(d) By Christmas.
7. Who was MacArthur's first year roommate at West Point?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Arthur P.S. Hyde.
(c) Jonathan Claremont.
(d) David Swenson.
8. What military honor did MacArthur's father earn for his service during the Civil War?
(a) The Purple Heart.
(b) The Medal of Bravery.
(c) The Iron Cross.
(d) The Medal of Honor.
9. When the Japanese bombed Corregidor, where did the MacArthurs seek refuge on the besieged island?
(a) In a tunnel.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the basement of a prison.
(d) In the basement of a school.
10. What kind of warfare was being fought in France in 1914?
(a) Nuclear warfare.
(b) Naval warfare.
(c) Aerial warefare.
(d) Trench warfare.
11. What happened during the MacArthur family journey by sea away from the Philippines?
(a) They all got malaria.
(b) They encountered a German submarine.
(c) The ship sprung a leak and nearly sunk.
(d) They encountered the Japanese and narrowly escaped.
12. During his early childhood in the west, by whom were Douglas MacArthur and his brother schooled?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) A Quaker teacher form England.
(c) Their mother.
(d) A Baptist missionary.
13. In what famous Civil War battle did Douglas MacArthur's father fight in November 1863?
(d) Missionary Ridge.
14. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three hours.
(c) More than eight hours.
(d) Ten minutes.
15. During what event did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. die?
(a) His daughter's wedding.
(b) A reunion of Gettysburg survivors.
(c) A reunion of Missionary Ridge survivors.
(d) His grandson's baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once MacArthur became Chief of Staff in 1930 and moved to Washington, what did he work on during the New Deal administration?
2. What was strictly forbidden at West Point once MacArthur accepted his position there?
3. Who accidentally took MacArthur prisoner at one point during World War I?
4. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
5. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)