|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what division of the Army was MacArthur first assigned when he finished at West Point as a second lieutenant?
(a) The Corps of Engineers.
(b) The motor pool.
(c) The medical corps.
(d) The cavalry.
2. What did MacArthur expand the West Point curriculum to include?
(a) More traditional academic subjects.
(d) Art and drama.
3. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
(a) The school on the Apache Indian reservation.
(b) The Austin Academy for Young Men.
(c) The West Texas Military Academy.
(d) The one-room school at Fort Dodge.
4. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
(a) Uncle Mac.
(b) Dugout Doug.
(c) General Mac.
5. To what office at West Point did Pershing appoint MacArthur after World War I?
(b) Assistant Professor.
6. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
(a) Carlton Reynolds.
(b) Jerry Overstreet.
(c) Harry Truman.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
7. During his early childhood in the west, by whom were Douglas MacArthur and his brother schooled?
(a) A Quaker teacher form England.
(b) Their mother.
(c) A Baptist missionary.
(d) Their aunt.
8. When did Douglas MacArthur sail for Europe to join World War I?
(a) In February 1914.
(b) In July 1918.
(c) In October 1917.
(d) In March 1912.
9. While MacArthur was fighting in Europe during World War I, who was trying to get him promoted back in the States?
(a) His wife Louise.
(b) His mother Pinky.
(c) His state senator.
(d) His father.
10. What kind of warfare was being fought in France in 1914?
(a) Aerial warefare.
(b) Nuclear warfare.
(c) Trench warfare.
(d) Naval warfare.
11. In what year was The Philippines made an independent commonwealth?
12. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
(a) At noon.
(b) At four in the afternoon.
(c) After three in the morning.
(d) At midnight.
13. What job did MacArthur get in the Philippines instead of the one he wanted?
(a) Military adviser.
(b) Lieutenant governor.
(c) Police commissioner.
14. What kind of father was Douglas MacArthur?
(a) An overly critical father.
(b) An overprotective father.
(c) A loving and devoted father.
(d) A stern father.
15. How did MacArthur want to be seen and treated by others?
(a) He wanted to be revered.
(b) He wanted to be considered superior to others.
(c) He wanted to be respected.
(d) He wanted to be left alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was MacArthur's first year roommate at West Point?
2. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he accepted his West Point appointment?
3. Of what place was Arthur MacArthur, Jr. made military governor in 1900?
4. Once the Philippines became independent, what job did MacArthur want there?
5. When the Japanese bombed Corregidor, where did the MacArthurs seek refuge on the besieged island?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)