|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Japanese attacked the Philippines, what happened to the United States air fleet stationed there?
(a) It was bombed but it was able to repel the Japanese.
(b) It fled to Australia.
(c) It malfunctioned.
(d) Most of it was destroyed.
2. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
(a) The West Texas Military Academy.
(b) The school on the Apache Indian reservation.
(c) The one-room school at Fort Dodge.
(d) The Austin Academy for Young Men.
3. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) The crusaders from the Middle Ages.
(d) The Pope.
4. How old was MacArthur when he died?
(c) Eighty four.
(d) Sixty two.
5. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
(a) Harry Truman.
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) Jerry Overstreet.
(d) Carlton Reynolds.
6. To what rank did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. get promoted by age nineteen?
7. What was the name of MacArthur's first wife?
(a) Laurel Marie Zimmerman.
(b) Jeanette Edmonds.
(c) Henriette Louise Cromwell Brooks.
(d) Sheila Nathan.
8. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
(a) The Banana Plans.
(b) Operation Big Gun.
(c) The Orange Plans.
(d) Operation Islander.
9. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A gas mask.
(c) A sword.
(d) A knife.
10. What renowned former Presidents were MacArthur's heroes?
(a) Washington and Lincoln.
(b) Jefferson and Adams.
(c) Jefferson and Grant.
(d) Harding and Teddy Roosevelt.
11. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
12. What military honor did MacArthur's father earn for his service during the Civil War?
(a) The Iron Cross.
(b) The Medal of Bravery.
(c) The Purple Heart.
(d) The Medal of Honor.
13. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
14. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he accepted his West Point appointment?
(d) Brigadier general.
15. Of what place was Arthur MacArthur, Jr. made military governor in 1900?
(c) Easter Island.
(d) The Philippines.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
2. In how many wars did MacArthur serve?
3. In what branch of the military did Douglas MacArthur's brother Arthur III serve?
4. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
5. Under whose command was the Rainbow Division in which MacArthur fought during World War I?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)