|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of father was Douglas MacArthur?
(a) A loving and devoted father.
(b) A stern father.
(c) An overly critical father.
(d) An overprotective father.
2. What was the profession of MacArthur's grandfather, Arthur Sr.?
(a) He was a sailor.
(b) He was a judge.
(c) He was a blacksmith.
(d) He was a preacher.
3. For what purpose was MacArthur's 42nd group, positioned at Nancy during World War I, destined to be used?
(a) As guinea pigs for chemical experiments.
(b) As replacements.
(c) As ambulance drivers.
(d) As spies.
4. Who was MacArthur's first year roommate at West Point?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) David Swenson.
(c) Arthur P.S. Hyde.
(d) Jonathan Claremont.
5. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
(a) At Essey.
(b) At Paris.
(c) At Normandy.
(d) At Dunkirk.
6. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Spain and Greece.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and Italy.
(d) Poland and Hungary.
7. In breaking through the Hindenburg Line during the strategic battle of Cote-de-Chatillon, how many men did the Rainbow Division lose?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Two hundred.
(d) Ten thousand.
8. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he accepted his West Point appointment?
(b) Brigadier general.
9. Of what place was Arthur MacArthur, Jr. made military governor in 1900?
(b) Easter Island.
(c) The Philippines.
10. What sports did MacArthur play during his four years at West Point?
(a) Baseball and football.
(b) Cricket and croquet.
(c) Soccer and tennis.
(d) Basketball and softball.
11. Once the Philippines became independent, what job did MacArthur want there?
(d) High commissioner.
12. Where did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. serve in the army after the Civil War ended?
(a) Fort Knox.
(b) For Ticonderoga.
(c) Fort Niagara.
(d) The Western front.
13. Who moved in with MacArthur once he accepted the position at West Point?
(a) His Eurasian girlfriend.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His brother Arthur.
(d) His mother Pinky.
14. What did MacArthur blow up to prevent the Japanese from advancing to Manila?
(a) Railroad stations.
(b) The Manila harbor.
15. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gas mask.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. marry?
2. What renowned former Presidents were MacArthur's heroes?
3. From where was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s bride?
4. Under whose command was the Rainbow Division in which MacArthur fought during World War I?
5. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)