|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of remaining at headquarters as he was supposed to, what did MacArthur do during the first big battle near Reims?
(a) He joined the troops in the trenches.
(b) He drove to Paris to party with French actors.
(c) He fled the battlefield.
(d) He took pictures of the battle from a safe distance.
2. Who wanted MacArthur to resign from the army?
(a) His mother Pinky.
(b) His wife Louise and her family.
(c) The president.
(d) His Eurasian girlfriend.
3. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
4. What did the plebes gain once MacArthur restructured the program and routine at West Point that they had not had before?
(a) Spending money and weekend passes.
(b) Television sets and radios.
(c) New uniforms.
(d) Sports teams and a band.
5. Once MacArthur became Chief of Staff in 1930 and moved to Washington, what did he work on during the New Deal administration?
(a) A new secret weapon.
(b) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(c) Increasing the enlistment to the army.
(d) The military defense budget.
6. When was Douglas MacArthur born?
(a) December 4, 1897.
(b) June 15, 1900.
(c) January 26, 1880.
(d) April 12, 1885.
7. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
(a) Sylvia Cunningham.
(b) Anna Cleveland.
(c) Mary Jones.
(d) Jean Marie Faircloth.
8. How many times was MacArthur married?
(a) Three times.
9. Why did MacArthur have to testify at a Congressional investigation about his experience at West Point?
(a) He witnessed an act of cheating at the school.
(b) Another plebe died from an act of hazing.
(c) Another student shot an instructor.
(d) He was involved in a scandal involving theft.
10. What was the profession of MacArthur's grandfather, Arthur Sr.?
(a) He was a sailor.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a preacher.
(d) He was a judge.
11. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
(a) June 13, 1899.
(b) September 8, 1895.
(c) April 15, 1917.
(d) May 2, 1910.
12. Why did the MacArthurs celebrate Christmas early in 1941?
(a) They feared the Japanese would soon capture them.
(b) They knew they would have to evacuate by Christmas.
(c) They feared they would be dead by Christmas.
(d) MacArthur was being sent to Europe to fight.
13. In what branch of the military did Douglas MacArthur's brother Arthur III serve?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) The Marines.
14. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
(a) Uncle Mac.
(c) Dugout Doug.
(d) General Mac.
15. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
(a) General MacArthur the Younger.
(b) King Mac.
(c) The Liberator.
(d) The Tall White Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which religious denomination did MacArthur affiliate?
2. How often did MacArthur attend church?
3. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
4. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
5. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)