|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accidentally took MacArthur prisoner at one point during World War I?
(a) Another American division that quickly released him.
(b) The British.
(c) The Canadians.
(d) The Australians.
2. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
(a) Carlton Reynolds.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Jerry Overstreet.
3. For what purpose was MacArthur's 42nd group, positioned at Nancy during World War I, destined to be used?
(a) As guinea pigs for chemical experiments.
(b) As ambulance drivers.
(c) As spies.
(d) As replacements.
4. What sports did MacArthur play during his four years at West Point?
(a) Basketball and softball.
(b) Cricket and croquet.
(c) Baseball and football.
(d) Soccer and tennis.
5. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
(a) Mary Jones.
(b) Sylvia Cunningham.
(c) Anna Cleveland.
(d) Jean Marie Faircloth.
6. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) That such an attack was possible but not likely.
(b) That such an attack was probable.
(c) That such an attack was inevitable.
(d) That such an attack would not happen.
7. Of what brigade was MacArthur made the permanent commander during World War I?
(a) The 18th brigade.
(b) The 99th brigade.
(c) The 84th brigade.
(d) The 22nd brigade.
8. How often did MacArthur attend church?
(a) Sporadically, but whenever his schedule allowed.
(b) Twice weekly.
9. Who opposed MacArthur's first marriage?
(a) MacArthur's commanding officer.
(b) MacArthur's mother Pinky.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) MacArthur's grandfather.
10. When was Douglas MacArthur born?
(a) December 4, 1897.
(b) June 15, 1900.
(c) April 12, 1885.
(d) January 26, 1880.
11. What two European countries declared war on the United States soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Germany and Italy.
(b) Poland and Hungary.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Spain and Greece.
12. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
(a) The medical corps.
(b) The infantry.
(c) Military intelligence.
(d) The cavalry.
13. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
(a) Operation Big Gun.
(b) The Orange Plans.
(c) The Banana Plans.
(d) Operation Islander.
14. During his early childhood in the west, by whom were Douglas MacArthur and his brother schooled?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their mother.
(c) A Baptist missionary.
(d) A Quaker teacher form England.
15. Who was MacArthur's first year roommate at West Point?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Arthur P.S. Hyde.
(c) Jonathan Claremont.
(d) David Swenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of remaining at headquarters as he was supposed to, what did MacArthur do during the first big battle near Reims?
2. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
3. Where did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. serve in the army after the Civil War ended?
4. From where was Arthur MacArthur, Jr.'s bride?
5. What happened during the MacArthur family journey by sea away from the Philippines?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)