|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many medals did MacArthur receive during the course of his career?
(d) Twenty two.
2. What is the heritage of the MacArthur family?
3. In what famous Civil War battle did Douglas MacArthur's father fight in November 1863?
(d) Missionary Ridge.
4. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
(a) The school on the Apache Indian reservation.
(b) The Austin Academy for Young Men.
(c) The one-room school at Fort Dodge.
(d) The West Texas Military Academy.
5. During what event did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. die?
(a) His daughter's wedding.
(b) A reunion of Missionary Ridge survivors.
(c) A reunion of Gettysburg survivors.
(d) His grandson's baptism.
6. Who wanted MacArthur to resign from the army?
(a) The president.
(b) His mother Pinky.
(c) His Eurasian girlfriend.
(d) His wife Louise and her family.
7. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
(b) Thirty eight.
(c) Twenty nine.
(d) Forty two.
8. To what office at West Point did Pershing appoint MacArthur after World War I?
(b) Assistant Professor.
9. What sports did MacArthur play during his four years at West Point?
(a) Cricket and croquet.
(b) Soccer and tennis.
(c) Basketball and softball.
(d) Baseball and football.
10. To which ancient world leader did some people compare MacArthur?
(a) Attila the Hun.
(b) Gengis Khan.
(d) Alexander the Great.
11. What military honor did MacArthur's father earn for his service during the Civil War?
(a) The Purple Heart.
(b) The Iron Cross.
(c) The Medal of Bravery.
(d) The Medal of Honor.
12. When did Douglas MacArthur sail for Europe to join World War I?
(a) In February 1914.
(b) In March 1912.
(c) In July 1918.
(d) In October 1917.
13. What did MacArthur blow up to prevent the Japanese from advancing to Manila?
(b) The Manila harbor.
(d) Railroad stations.
14. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
15. What did the plebes gain once MacArthur restructured the program and routine at West Point that they had not had before?
(a) New uniforms.
(b) Television sets and radios.
(c) Spending money and weekend passes.
(d) Sports teams and a band.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of MacArthur's grandfather, Arthur Sr.?
2. Where did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. serve in the army after the Civil War ended?
3. What kind of warfare was being fought in France in 1914?
4. Of what place was Arthur MacArthur, Jr. made military governor in 1900?
5. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)