|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day in 1941 did the MacArthurs leave for Corregidor since Manila, the city in which they lived, was being bombed?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
2. Who served as MacArthur's chief aide in the Philippines?
(a) Jerry Overstreet.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) Carlton Reynolds.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
3. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
(a) King Mac.
(b) The Liberator.
(c) The Tall White Chief.
(d) General MacArthur the Younger.
4. With which religious denomination did MacArthur affiliate?
5. In what famous Civil War battle did Douglas MacArthur's father fight in November 1863?
(c) Missionary Ridge.
6. Who moved in with MacArthur once he accepted the position at West Point?
(a) His mother Pinky.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His brother Arthur.
(d) His Eurasian girlfriend.
7. What rank did Pershing tell MacArthur he would have if he refused his West Point appointment?
8. To what rank did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. get promoted by age nineteen?
9. When MacArthur returned to active duty in 1941 and was made lieutenant general and put in charge of the troops in the Pacific, how much money was allotted to him to use for the defense of the Philippines?
(a) Ten million dollars.
(b) Two million dollars.
(c) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(d) One billion dollars.
10. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
(a) Military intelligence.
(b) The cavalry.
(c) The infantry.
(d) The medical corps.
11. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At noon.
(c) After three in the morning.
(d) At four in the afternoon.
12. During what event did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. die?
(a) A reunion of Missionary Ridge survivors.
(b) A reunion of Gettysburg survivors.
(c) His daughter's wedding.
(d) His grandson's baptism.
13. To which ancient world leader did some people compare MacArthur?
(a) Gengis Khan.
(b) Alexander the Great.
(c) Attila the Hun.
14. What made MacArthur's first three weeks at West Point extremely difficult?
(b) Food poisoning.
15. What sports did MacArthur play during his four years at West Point?
(a) Soccer and tennis.
(b) Baseball and football.
(c) Basketball and softball.
(d) Cricket and croquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. While MacArthur was fighting in Europe during World War I, who was trying to get him promoted back in the States?
2. When did Douglas MacArthur sail for Europe to join World War I?
3. What did MacArthur feel about the likelihood of a Japanese attack in the Philippines, immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
4. In what year was The Philippines made an independent commonwealth?
5. Who was MacArthur's first year roommate at West Point?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)