|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military honor did MacArthur's father earn for his service during the Civil War?
(a) The Medal of Bravery.
(b) The Purple Heart.
(c) The Medal of Honor.
(d) The Iron Cross.
2. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
(a) The Austin Academy for Young Men.
(b) The one-room school at Fort Dodge.
(c) The West Texas Military Academy.
(d) The school on the Apache Indian reservation.
3. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
(a) A gas mask.
(b) A knife.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A sword.
4. Why did MacArthur have to testify at a Congressional investigation about his experience at West Point?
(a) He witnessed an act of cheating at the school.
(b) He was involved in a scandal involving theft.
(c) Another student shot an instructor.
(d) Another plebe died from an act of hazing.
5. When MacArthur returned to active duty in 1941 and was made lieutenant general and put in charge of the troops in the Pacific, how much money was allotted to him to use for the defense of the Philippines?
(a) Ten million dollars.
(b) One billion dollars.
(c) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Two million dollars.
6. With which religious denomination did MacArthur affiliate?
7. How often did MacArthur attend church?
(a) Twice weekly.
(c) Sporadically, but whenever his schedule allowed.
8. To whom did MacArthur equate himself as a defender of Christianity?
(a) The Pope.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) The crusaders from the Middle Ages.
9. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
(a) Twenty nine.
(b) Forty two.
(c) Thirty eight.
10. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
(a) Operation Big Gun.
(b) The Orange Plans.
(c) The Banana Plans.
(d) Operation Islander.
11. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
(a) At Essey.
(b) At Dunkirk.
(c) At Paris.
(d) At Normandy.
12. What job did MacArthur get in the Philippines instead of the one he wanted?
(a) Military adviser.
(b) Police commissioner.
(c) Lieutenant governor.
13. What renowned former Presidents were MacArthur's heroes?
(a) Jefferson and Grant.
(b) Harding and Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) Washington and Lincoln.
(d) Jefferson and Adams.
14. To what division of the Army was MacArthur first assigned when he finished at West Point as a second lieutenant?
(a) The cavalry.
(b) The Corps of Engineers.
(c) The motor pool.
(d) The medical corps.
15. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
(a) The cavalry.
(b) The infantry.
(c) The medical corps.
(d) Military intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when MacArthur was given command of a company at Leavenworth?
2. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
3. To where did MacArthur and his family go when they left Corregidor?
4. Who did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. marry?
5. How many medals did MacArthur receive during the course of his career?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)