|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, Last Post, pgs. 459-544.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
(a) Operation Big Gun.
(b) The Orange Plans.
(c) The Banana Plans.
(d) Operation Islander.
2. In what year was The Philippines made an independent commonwealth?
3. For how long after the attack on Pearl Harbor was there no order to attack the Japanese?
(a) Three hours.
(b) More than eight hours.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Two days.
4. What type of rifle did the Japanese infantry use during World War II?
(a) A Winchester rifle.
(b) A Springfield rifle.
(c) A Toyoki rifle.
(d) A 7.7-millimeter Arisaka rifle.
5. What kind of government did MacArthur establish in Japan after the war?
(a) A theocracy.
(b) A democracy.
(c) A republic.
(d) A dictatorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many American and Filipino prisoners died in the Death March that began once the Japanese captured Corregidor?
2. Since the Filipino schools had been demolished during the Japanese occupation, who did the MacArthurs hire to teach Arthur upon their return to the islands?
3. Where did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. serve in the army after the Civil War ended?
4. After the surrender of the Japanese, how did MacArthur address the citizens of the United States to inform them that the world was at peace?
5. Which Filipino leader formed a pro-Japanese regime and declared war on the United States and Great Britain?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)