|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, Last Post, pgs. 459-544.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a problem MacArthur had with maps of the Pacific during World War II?
(a) There weren't many maps available.
(b) They started the war using 18th century charts.
(c) The maps were in black and white rather than color.
(d) They had to capture enemy maps to know where they were.
2. In what year was The Philippines made an independent commonwealth?
3. In Spring 1914, to what country was MacArthur sent to gather information in preparation for possible war?
4. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
(a) At four in the afternoon.
(b) At noon.
(c) After three in the morning.
(d) At midnight.
5. What was the profession of MacArthur's grandfather, Arthur Sr.?
(a) He was a preacher.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a sailor.
(d) He was a judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following abilities did not fall within MacArthur's range of authority in Japan after the war?
2. Why did the MacArthurs celebrate Christmas early in 1941?
3. How soon after the December 7th attack on Pearl Harbor were the Japanese on the ground in the Philippines?
4. What country did MacArthur think would have fallen to the Japanese if Corregidor had not held out?
5. For whom did the 400,000 Japanese soldiers occupying the Philippines in 1944 think it would be a supreme honor to die in battle?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)