|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, At High Port, pgs. 374-418.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacArthur expand the West Point curriculum to include?
(a) Art and drama.
(b) More traditional academic subjects.
2. Why didn't MacArthur use the strategy of island-hopping, i.e. hitting the enemy with direct frontal pressure in battle?
(a) He thought it caused too many casualties.
(b) He believed in doing the unexpected.
(c) He didn't have enough bombs and ships to succeed.
(d) There were too many islands and not enough men.
3. To which ancient world leader did some people compare MacArthur?
(b) Attila the Hun.
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) Gengis Khan.
4. What was the name of MacArthur's second wife?
(a) Sylvia Cunningham.
(b) Jean Marie Faircloth.
(c) Anna Cleveland.
(d) Mary Jones.
5. What happened during the MacArthur family journey by sea away from the Philippines?
(a) They encountered the Japanese and narrowly escaped.
(b) They all got malaria.
(c) The ship sprung a leak and nearly sunk.
(d) They encountered a German submarine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of rifle did the Japanese infantry use during World War II?
2. Which two groups among the Filipino population did not ignore their Japanese invaders, unlike the rest of the population?
3. During what event did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. die?
4. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
5. Where did MacArthur win his fifth Silver Star?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)