|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, At High Port, pgs. 374-418.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what place was Arthur MacArthur, Jr. made military governor in 1900?
(a) Easter Island.
(b) The Philippines.
2. How old was MacArthur when he died?
(a) Eighty four.
(b) Sixty two.
3. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
(a) The Orange Plans.
(b) Operation Islander.
(c) The Banana Plans.
(d) Operation Big Gun.
4. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
(a) General MacArthur the Younger.
(b) King Mac.
(c) The Tall White Chief.
(d) The Liberator.
5. While MacArthur was fighting in Europe during World War I, who was trying to get him promoted back in the States?
(a) His mother Pinky.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife Louise.
(d) His state senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname MacArthur's men gave him?
2. In breaking through the Hindenburg Line during the strategic battle of Cote-de-Chatillon, how many men did the Rainbow Division lose?
3. When the Japanese bombed Corregidor, where did the MacArthurs seek refuge on the besieged island?
4. Who was MacArthur's first year roommate at West Point?
5. At what time of day did the attack on Pearl Harbor become known?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)